• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UCA Men Win GSC All-sports Award

Started by Chief_Osceola™, May 23, 2006, 04:58:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief_Osceola™

SandLizard04

R. A.™

Well good for them, but now that all sports are done, I guess UCA topics need to be moved to the Fearless Friday Southland Conference Board

Chief_Osceola™

Funny, I don't recall seeing that board.  Plus, it is a Gulf South Conference award, so I think it's just fine right here.

Radiohead Bear

May 24, 2006, 11:17:28 am #4 Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 12:21:24 am by Bear Card
It's ok, once UCA is out of the picture, maybe Henderson can move into the top 10 of the GSC now...instead of 11th or 12th...

although 14th in the men and 8th in the women isnt a bad showing...at least they finished ahead of tech and UAM in both categories...

and not to split too many hairs, but we do not join the D1 and 1-AA ranks officially until June 1, but why let specifics get in the way of anything...

now after July 1, you have a point!  ;)  But until then....

R. A.™

I love having fun with UCA, we will miss them, and I'm sure UCA is going to miss the GSC. Matter of fact I know they will miss the GSC.

Rulesman

Chief_Osceola™

^ Yeah, I know it's hard not to be jealous.

Radiohead Bear

might miss the GSC, might not.  I know I'd rather play Memphis, Northwestern St.,  Gonzaga, Ga. Southern and the likes of those schools in all sports instead of traveling to Monticello, Magnolia, and Russellville multiple times a year.  I know Missouri St in all sports is more appealing to me than UAM, Christian Brothers, OBU, West Alabama, Harding and schools like that.

Now when you say the you now for a fact we will miss the GSC, you might be right pocketbook wise.   Although you'll have to remember with the large expense account coming from all the extended traveling, UCA will be getting bigger and better paydays as well in the non conference matchups.

The records might not indicate a wise move right off, who knows, but in the long run, I'm not sure how much we will totally miss the GSC, and I know this has been debated time and time again on here, and on that D2 football.com board as well, so I'm not really wanting to rehash all this again.

R. A.™

I just hope that Governor Lu has thought this all through!!

I wonder if the athletic department will see those bigger and better paydays, or will it go to the building of the hotel and more Governor Lu commericals?

Radiohead Bear

May 25, 2006, 11:17:01 am #10 Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 11:19:26 am by Bear Card
not to be too technical here, but since the hotel deal is off the table for 10 years, I'd say it is for commericals.
http://www.thecabin.net/stories/042106/loc_0421060003.shtml
but don't just take my word on it.  ::)

Exactly how much more behind are you on UCA info?  :D  If you really are interested in at least catching up with all the current UCA info instead of all the stuff that happenend last month, I got a link you can click on my banner ;)

oldreddie

Don't know about R.A., but that is the link that I have  been keeping up with all of the AD news at UCA.  Great link.  Wish that we had one like it at Henderson.  I have a lot of friends at UCA.  John Thompson and I used to play in pick up basketball games here in Arkadelphia when he was an assistant under Outlaw.

Hope that UCA is very successful in Athletics and can get some recognition state wide.

R. A.™

I too wish the Bears luck in thier new endeavors, matter of fact I will be on campus next week for my yearly stay and I will try to see a few of the administrators and coaches

SMC

Yikes Tech finished dead last in the men's side. We don't have some of those sports (XC, soccer, etc) though. And our basketball team is horrible.

SouthpawSensation

Add to that matter that Tech's baseball team finished tied for last in the West Division.

GeorgeWBush

Quote from: Jerry Stackhouse on May 30, 2006, 07:35:45 am
Yikes Tech finished dead last in the men's side. We don't have some of those sports (XC, soccer, etc) though. And our basketball team is horrible.

Yes it does look bad but seeing as how I spent the best 7 years of my life in college, I did learn a few things.  Like the fact that a more accurate depiction of how a schools athletics program did is a score by sport.  Here are the West Schools 2005-2006 school year results:

1.  Lu's Purple Freaks                                          - 10.8
2.  Cleveland Fighting Okra                                  - 8.1
3.  Henderson Maroonies                                     - 7.4
4.  Magnolia Mules                                                - 6.7
5.  Arkadelphia wannabe Catholics                      - 6.1
6.  Rhodes Wannabes                                          - 6.0
7.  Searcy Buffaloes                                             - 5.5
8.  (we finished last on purpose)                          - 5.1
9.  Monticello (at least we don't live in magnolia) - 5.0

Ok, it still looks bad.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas