• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

former hsu qb dane king arrested

Started by silverstreak, January 17, 2006, 05:44:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

silverstreak

dane king got arrested after getting in a fight with some frat boys for drunk and disorderly

SouthpawSensation

As if the Reddies didn't have enough black eyes during the season...

Sticker

Must have been an innocent bystander that he hit, with the trouble he had in connecting with his receivers this past year.

matt2005

Quote from: Sticker on January 17, 2006, 08:49:39 pm
Must have been an innocent bystander that he hit, with the trouble he had in connecting with his receivers this past year.
;D

That deserves a clap.

R. A.™

Quote from: Matt™ on January 17, 2006, 09:06:32 pm
Quote from: Sticker on January 17, 2006, 08:49:39 pm
;D

That deserves a clap.

2 claps that was a good one

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: playthegame on January 18, 2006, 04:44:33 pm
I agree....He wasn't to impressive on the football field.

could be that they never ever ever ever ran the ball...

defense were dropping 9 people in coverage on the dude....

Cotton_Top

Quote from: Jeremy2653 on January 18, 2006, 04:45:20 pm
Quote from: playthegame on January 18, 2006, 04:44:33 pm
I agree....He wasn't to impressive on the football field.

could be that they never ever ever ever ran the ball...

defense were dropping 9 people in coverage on the dude....

The pendulum always seems to swing too far in both directions, not only in method and play, but in attitudes. What we need most is common sense and balance.

etex

Where was John Jett this season? I thought after last season he would really tear it up as a senior. Did he play any where else?

R. A.™

Cotton_Top

January 26, 2006, 12:24:07 pm #9 Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 12:48:16 pm by Cotton_Top
Unless I missed something, Jon Jett is not listed on the football roster at Stephen F. Austin.

Does this mean HSU didn't release him or does it mean that he just didn't play?

hsu1

he didn't want to play.  he quit year before last when branch was here but was talked into coming back.  this time they let him go.

Cotton_Top

January 26, 2006, 03:35:09 pm #11 Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 03:40:51 pm by Cotton_Top
As I remember it, the reason he quit under Branch was that he had been promised a certain amount of scholarship money, and they weren't coming through. He kept asking about it, and they kept putting him off, so one day he packed up and left. When he came back, they smoothed it over and made up some kind of story to let everybody off the hook.

The last time was during all the screaming, cussing, in your face, running off period.

hsu1

it never seemed to bother him.  the coaches liked him and he was first on the depth chart.  i never got a chance to talk to him really after he quit since i didn't see him but more than one person on the team said that he simply didn't want to play football and go to college with his brother at sfa.  i think you're reaching to tie that to the coaches.  theres plenty others that you don't have to try to connect so use those if you want to complain about the coaches.

Cotton_Top

Quote from: hsu1 on January 26, 2006, 03:59:59 pm
it never seemed to bother him. the coaches liked him and he was first on the depth chart. i never got a chance to talk to him really after he quit since i didn't see him but more than one person on the team said that he simply didn't want to play football and go to college with his brother at sfa. i think you're reaching to tie that to the coaches. theres plenty others that you don't have to try to connect so use those if you want to complain about the coaches.

If that's true, why did he quit either during or immediately after practice? If he simply wanted to go to school with his brother, why did he suit up and practice in the first place?

The first I learned about it was from someone who had practiced WITH him and who told me he had quit that day. Every day, there was somebody new who had quit after practice. I think you're reaching to say it wasn't connected to the coaches. If other members of the team gave you that story, it probably was because it was the "official" story.

footballfan-tastic

I don't think Jett could have played at SFA, that would be a move up and the NCAA says no, no.   I think the coaching situation probably had at least something to do with it.  If he were comtemplating quitting, then the methods of the new staff would likely not have helped.

footballfan-tastic

I forgot to stay on topic.  So what is the deal on King?  Arrested, what for couldn't hit a garbage can with a beer can?

Cotton_Top

February 02, 2006, 11:23:32 am #16 Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 11:26:38 am by Cotton_Top
Quote from: exorcist on February 01, 2006, 11:32:33 am
I don't think Jett could have played at SFA, that would be a move up and the NCAA says no, no. I think the coaching situation probably had at least something to do with it. If he were comtemplating quitting, then the methods of the new staff would likely not have helped.

If you look back, the pro-Maxfield group have said some things that would lead you to believe that he's playing at SFA. It's to their advantage that you think that.

As for the Dane King situation, he was highly touted, didn't exactly pan out, was here today, gone tomorrow, and I'm predicting many more like him to come.

footballfan-tastic

We talked about this a year ago.  Why does a DI player come to a DII like HSU, unless he is not going  to play at the school he is leaving.  It just doesn't make much sense.

R. A.™

Quote from: exorcist on February 02, 2006, 11:40:56 am
Why does a DI player come to a DII like HSU, unless he is not going to play at the school he is leaving.
Exactly, that is why some DII schools call DI schools at the end of the season to see who is unhappy and who is leaving and recruited those players. heck look at Jay Austin who left University of Florida to come to UAM! and UAM was NAIA at the time, so how about a jump from the SEC to AIC?

hsu1

you forget that exorcist obviously is the football guru on this site.  he knows anything related to football.  in addition to being a football mastermind, he's also psychic and knows the reasons why everyone does what they do.  too bad he's not a the hsu coach.  national champs in his first year for sure.

footballfan-tastic

LOL, nah, maybe in the second.  You guys take this way too personal.  The site is to discuss or express you thoughts on what ever subject you choose about footballl in arkansas.  I do that, and so do you.  Because I don't agree with you you choose to poke fun, that's ok.  I can take it.   I appreciate the compliment, however tongue in cheek you meant it. 

footballfan-tastic

ON this subject, just this morning I had a freind, alumni at HSU call me and discuss the recruits this year.  I am by no means coming up with ideas or opinions not shared, nor formed with out lots of conversation with others.  I just post the consensus of many, many freinds and people I talk with.  So when you post your ideas, I just say hey, here is what I am hearing and thinking.  Want it to change, change the opinions of alot of people.
I fully understand players transfering, they want to play.  I am saying can we win with someone else's leftovers?  Would it not be better to find players to build around over several years?  When you have a big cut, you get stitches because a bandaid won't stop the bleeding.  Oopps, I philosophized. sorry.

footballfan-tastic

good deal.  You know you can be passionate about something and not make it personal.   My momma told me that.

hsu1

Quote from: exorcist on February 03, 2006, 09:28:17 am
LOL, nah, maybe in the second. You guys take this way too personal. The site is to discuss or express you thoughts on what ever subject you choose about footballl in arkansas. I do that, and so do you. Because I don't agree with you you choose to poke fun, that's ok. I can take it. I appreciate the compliment, however tongue in cheek you meant it.
i'm not taking it personal.  i just like being a smart rump sometimes.  :D 

footballfan-tastic

Don't we all!  Especially when we fill strongly about something.

footballfan-tastic

Im curious is the young man that got signed out of Greenbrier, related to coach Maxfield, I figure that's not that common a name.  There was no real info on him except name and school.

hsu1

i bet everyone is asking that right now.  who knows.  maybe maxfield signed him just so everyone will ask that.  lol

footballfan-tastic

Sticker

Cotton_Top

Quote from: hsu1 on February 03, 2006, 11:51:26 am
i bet everyone is asking that right now. who knows. maybe maxfield signed him just so everyone will ask that. lol

I wouldn't be surprised.

wawa111

is anyone surprised about this...HSU is nothing but a huge group of THUGS...it seems like every other day they are getting in trouble...The NCAA needs to give them the DEATH PENALTY, and just put them out of their misery...

hsu1

we still stomped uam's rump so you can't talk crap.  37-7 ring a bell???  oh yeah and the 7 for ya'll was against our 3rd team d.

footballfan-tastic

Boy, good thing we beat UAM, what an accomplishment.   This is just were we don't want to have to be, bragging on beating a UAM.

hsu1

yeah i know it's bad but what else can you do when a uam fan is talking crap??

footballfan-tastic

Let's just hope they don't beat us, then where are we left.  I was told, didn't look at their list, that they got a bunch of jucos as well?

hsu1

well you've said yourself that isn't the way to go ;)

footballfan-tastic

Oh, did I say that?   Two teams full of jucos, they could start their own juco league.   

eray

Quote from: wawa111 on February 05, 2006, 09:38:08 pm
is anyone surprised about this...HSU is nothing but a huge group of THUGS...it seems like every other day they are getting in trouble...The NCAA needs to give them the DEATH PENALTY, and just put them out of their misery...

I think Fearless Friday should give you the penalty for the misery you give us for posts like that!

wawa111

HSU will not beat UAM this year...mark it down...won't happen...then all ya'll will have to talk about is what trouble the players have gotten in...

footballfan-tastic

wawa111

I believe so...here save some time HSU1.........i'll post it for you

37-7.....woooo whooooo....yes you beat us last year...

footballfan-tastic

How many players are going to be on the roster at HSU as of today.  When do they start running off the excess.   I really think this is terrible, but it seems to be a juco type thing.  Bring in way more than you can pay for, let them fight it out and then run off what you no longer want.   Classy, baby, classy.

hsu1

i think most of who we isn't coming back are already gone.

footballfan-tastic

HSU, you got any names of who isn't coming back and the reason.  Or is it they just weren't good enough? 

hsu1

i know of a couple that aren't coming back but not sure of the reason.  i'm glad about a couple cause they weren't team players and had attitudes.  some weren't coming back cause they didn't get much playing time.

oldreddie

When I played, on the last day of two a days, coach Berry would hang 33 scholarships on the goalpost and line up everyone who was left at the other end of the field and then blow his whistle.  Whoever made it back to the dressing room with the "paper" got a scholarship.

footballfan-tastic

I quess that saves the coach from having to make a decision.  Don't think that would work too well these days.  If you got half a piece did you get half a scholarship.?

hsu1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas