• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Southside at Brookland 1/4 (G&B)

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, January 01, 2019, 06:30:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

January 01, 2019, 06:30:42 pm Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 06:32:53 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Brookland welcomes Southside to Bearcat Arena this Friday for conference showdowns.
I believe Ford will be back in the lineup for the Lady Bearcats Friday. I don't know much about the Southside Girls team.
As Conference cranks up these are all going to be tough games.
The Boys will have another tough opponent in The Southerners , I expect a battle Friday night.
Good Luck and Health to all the teams.

Thoughts on these match ups?

J12

Both teams match up simlilarly. Good guard play and can both shoot decently. Southside has a sophomore big man that's going to be really good. If he gets rebounds and keeps possessions alive then It'll be close.

I'll go with Brookland by 7 or 8.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: J12 on January 01, 2019, 06:40:30 pm
Both teams match up simlilarly. Good guard play and can both shoot decently. Southside has a sophomore big man that's going to be really good. If he gets rebounds and keeps possessions alive then It'll be close.

I'll go with Brookland by 7 or 8.

Thanks for your input J12 , I haven't seen Southside play this season.

87DAWG

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 01, 2019, 06:30:42 pm
Brookland welcomes Southside to Bearcat Arena this Friday for conference showdowns.
I believe Ford will be back in the lineup for the Lady Bearcats Friday. I don't know much about the Southside Girls team.
As Conference cranks up these are all going to be tough games.
The Boys will have another tough opponent in The Southerners , I expect a battle Friday night.
Good Luck and Health to all the teams.

Thoughts on these match ups?
Southside's best player is still out but suppose to return later this month. Southside's most consistent player has been the Freshman PG. They can all shoot the 3 but have trouble on the boards. If the older Ford plays and y'all limit open 3's and rebound Brookland should win with or without Ford. Boys game I don't really know. Brookland manhandled Highland and Southside beat Highland by 4 points. This was b4 the Highland Boys seemed to be in a disconnect with their coach tho. Whereas, Brookland game Highland seemed confused.

87DAWG

Highland Rebels take on the Westside Warriors 1/4! 4 games Jr Girls, Jr Boys, Sr Girls and Sr Boys

Highland Sr Boys will be without 6'5" Post bc of a mission trip. The other 6'5" post is out 8 months with knee, MCL and

ACL, injury. 3rd guy is our best player who left the team over the Holidays. 60% of the starting line up gone so High-

land will struggle to find scoring and consistent play. Went 1-3 in the Ronnie Brogdon Classic with a bad loss to

Marianna-Lee at the buzzer. My opinion, Westside wins by alot.  Sr Girls went 1-2 in 1st Bail Bonds Invitational in Mt.

Home. Lost to 5A Paragould, ranked 5 in 5A at time, who is rank 3 in 5A 50-45......then lost to Farmington, ranked 1

in 4A, 62-51......Farmington is 8 deep with all girls crazy athletic and play good D. Got the last run and put Highland

away late......Highland beat 1A Hermitage 67-34.  Haven't seen Westside so Highland will be ready to play.  IMO, I say

Highland takes the girls Games and Westside takes the Boys games

J12

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 01, 2019, 06:54:20 pm
Thanks for your input J12 , I haven't seen Southside play this season.

They lost a lot from last year. But they have kids on that team last year who didn't play that are still good.

They had Westside tied late in the 3rd and Avery went off in the 4th. Closer than a 20+ game. If Brookland doesn't win, the 2-5 spots in the conference will be a mess until mid February. 

NEA Razorback olfan

January 01, 2019, 09:22:30 pm #6 Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 09:24:05 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: 87DAWG on January 01, 2019, 07:28:45 pm

Highland Rebels take on the Westside Warriors 1/4! 4 games Jr Girls, Jr Boys, Sr Girls and Sr Boys

Highland Sr Boys will be without 6'5" Post bc of a mission trip. The other 6'5" post is out 8 months with knee, MCL and

ACL, injury. 3rd guy is our best player who left the team over the Holidays. 60% of the starting line up gone so High-

land will struggle to find scoring and consistent play. Went 1-3 in the Ronnie Brogdon Classic with a bad loss to

Marianna-Lee at the buzzer. My opinion, Westside wins by alot.  Sr Girls went 1-2 in 1st Bail Bonds Invitational in Mt.

Home. Lost to 5A Paragould, ranked 5 in 5A at time, who is rank 3 in 5A 50-45......then lost to Farmington, ranked 1

in 4A, 62-51......Farmington is 8 deep with all girls crazy athletic and play good D. Got the last run and put Highland

away late......Highland beat 1A Hermitage 67-34.  Haven't seen Westside so Highland will be ready to play.  IMO, I say

Highland takes the girls Games and Westside takes the Boys games

Thanks for the info 87, hate to hear about injury!!
My guess ...
Westside Sr Boys by a lot
Highland Sr Girls by a lot

NEA Razorback olfan

Jr Girls
Southside 34
Brookland 38
F
Brookland starts 3 7th graders

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan