• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 State Championship: Cabot vs Bentonville

Started by Brian G, November 29, 2013, 09:49:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

searcy86

What's cabot's size across the oline and d line? Mostly seniors?

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: searcy86 on December 10, 2013, 08:41:37 pm
What's cabot's size across the oline and d line? Mostly seniors?

Apparently, a closely guarded secret...

panthers r us

2bhsboys

Quote from: panthers r us on December 10, 2013, 10:19:12 pm
Short, small, and slow.
Mack could let us know. he should have a program from 2 wks ago.

Baitshop

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: panthers r us on December 10, 2013, 10:19:12 pm
Short, small, and slow.
You might get some other fish in this pool to fall for that, but I'm not touching that stink bait. I know better.

mack

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on December 10, 2013, 07:41:17 pm
Quote from: mack on December 10, 2013, 12:54:58 pm
Ah, a chink in your normally impenetrable armor...

I'm just sayin', if Cabot beats you as bad as I think they are going to beat you, the logical man would say a narrow defeat of NLR by Cabot, through transference, deems NLR the second best in the state this year.

Alas, my friend, you seek self worth through the deeds of others. Nothing short of a title of NLR's own will provide the solace you so desire.

Anguish alone will you find suckling the bosom of football futility.

Quote from: mack on December 10, 2013, 12:54:58 pm
Also, I need you and Bait to give me your travel itinerary so I can set up dinner.......

Plans are still in the formative stasis, although an early pre-game meal seems probable...

You would think that one such as I, one who has a NLR basketball state championship ring from the Nixon era, and a daughter who has one from NLR softball in this decade, who has watched the NLR boys rise to prominence in basketball with a state championship and NLR girls basketball winning several,,,,,,,, would be satisfied.  I cannot be satisfied until football is in that pantheon.  My feculent switch of loyalty for this one week does not diminish my love of the Wildcats.  The dominance of NWA must end.  The cycle of abuse must not continue.  I will not take pride in Cabot winning the state champiuonship.  I will take pride in the victory of Cental Arkansas over NWA.

Now,,, there is a great new Thai Restaurant in NLR [ Asian Lemongrass Bistro].  It's not your average Chinese food buffet type place.  They have a master chef and their hot and spicy dishes are killer.  I've worked my way up to 8 on the heat scale.  If it's a steak you guys want me to provide, the Riverfront Steakhouse is my favorite.  I prefer it over Sonny Williams actually.  We have several great mom & pop Italian places.  Mexican is the same as everyone else.  Let me know preference and time as soon as you can.

Baitshop

mack, you ever eat at an Italian place called "Trio's..??

mack

Quote from: Baitshop on December 11, 2013, 09:33:52 am

Yup,,, excellent, as is The Villa.  If that's cool with Earl, we can hit Trio's.

Baitshop

I'm trying to get in touch with him now...I'll holla back at you as soon as I hear from him.

searcy86

BHS still out of school. They are practicing but can't imagine how this down time will affect them.

Earl is my Hero!!

Today marked the 5th day of no school in Bentonville.

Advantage Cabot, if for no other reason than the Tigers routine is out the window...

bighorn7

And so begins the "Official Bville Excuse Thread".....................just in case...

searcy86

TigerDad2013

Quote from: mack on December 11, 2013, 09:39:21 am

Yup,,, excellent, as is The Villa.  If that's cool with Earl, we can hit Trio's.
Mack, I thought the Villa closed years ago.  Where is it now?  One of our favorite places to eat when we lived in NLR.  I agree with Riverfront Steakhouse (would prefer Sirloins Inn, but we know about that).

TigerDad2013

The Tigers will be fine. Practicing in the TAC with everybody healthy.  Hope the Cabot boys can back up their confidence.  Seems as though some of them have already claimed the 7A title on their Twitter handles, according to some of our players. Those bright lights of
War Memorial can do funny things to young high school kids carrying the weight of an extremely excited town.

I've seen several references to the Bentonville/Conway game as a measure for the Bentonville/Cabot game.  Don't believe that.  Conway played a very good game and got ALL of the breaks (calls included).  I never felt threatened at all.  Bentonville used a very limited playbook, just enough to win.  With BLJ gone, that won't happen again this year in the SCG.  I like our defensive size and speed, and love our offense.  Haven't seen Cabot play in many years, but I know they do what they do very well.  Should be a good game, but I like our chances.

Safe travels to all fans, students and players.

I hope the weather is forecast to be better than Bentonville's on Friday night. 

mack

Quote from: TigerDad2013 on December 12, 2013, 12:21:34 am
Quote from: mack on December 11, 2013, 09:39:21 am

Mack, I thought the Villa closed years ago.  Where is it now?  One of our favorite places to eat when we lived in NLR.  I agree with Riverfront Steakhouse (would prefer Sirloins Inn, but we know about that).

Ha,,, meant Bruno's.  A friend of mine, Gio Bruno, recently retired here and he and his brother reopened it.  I used to love the Villa though.

Sir Loin's Inn,,,,, you had to bring that up!!!!!   I still crave that place :-)

Locutus

Mack, you want way too much. Bone in Prime Rib and peeled shrimp on the salad bar, and all of that buttered bread from Sir Loin's Inn, and the end of the NWA dominance in the state championship. Not going to get either this weekend, unless you can spring that crook from jail that tried to reopen Sir Loin's, and get him to referee the game on Friday night.

mack

Quote from: Locutus on December 12, 2013, 08:32:52 am
Mack, you want way too much. Bone in Prime Rib and peeled shrimp on the salad bar, and all of that buttered bread from Sir Loin's Inn, and the end of the NWA dominance in the state championship. Not going to get either this weekend, unless you can spring that crook from jail that tried to reopen Sir Loin's, and get him to referee the game on Friday night.

Ahhhh Tone-Loc,,, you are vexing me.  You had to play the buttered bread card on me didn't you?  I've never had better bread anywhere, and the salad bar with shrimp, the rare prime rib with that Horsey sauce......  I throw rocks at Sonny Williams, Ruth's Chris, Riverfront.........

If the Gods allowed Sir Loins to reopen, I might be able to live under your domination a bit longer......

Locutus

If Sir Loin's would reopen, I would cheer for Cabot. I don't think it will reopen until Har-Ber plays NLR in the title game.

DerekOxford

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Cabot and Southside play in miserable conditions in 2000 for the AAAAA title?

TigerHawg

Quote from: TigerDad2013 on December 12, 2013, 12:34:11 am
The Tigers will be fine. Practicing in the TAC with everybody healthy.  Hope the Cabot boys can back up their confidence.  Seems as though some of them have already claimed the 7A title on their Twitter handles, according to some of our players. Those bright lights of
War Memorial can do funny things to young high school kids carrying the weight of an extremely excited town.

I've seen several references to the Bentonville/Conway game as a measure for the Bentonville/Cabot game.  Don't believe that.  Conway played a very good game and got ALL of the breaks (calls included).  I never felt threatened at all.  Bentonville used a very limited playbook, just enough to win.  With BLJ gone, that won't happen again this year in the SCG.  I like our defensive size and speed, and love our offense.  Haven't seen Cabot play in many years, but I know they do what they do very well.  Should be a good game, but I like our chances.

My 3rd yr in a row driving to the Rock for this. I am ready for a win this time! Everyone drive safe!

2bhsboys

Quote from: TigerHawg on December 12, 2013, 10:38:33 am

My 3rd yr in a row driving to the Rock for this. I am ready for a win this time! Everyone drive safe!

What this is my 4th and all I got to show for it is 1 state championship... of course I am from LR also

TigerHawg

Quote from: 2bhsboys on December 12, 2013, 10:47:01 am
Quote from: TigerHawg on December 12, 2013, 10:38:33 am

What this is my 4th and all I got to show for it is 1 state championship... of course I am from LR also

HA well at least this year I decided to get a hotel room. Its at the Marriott...how is the parking around downtown?

Earl is my Hero!!

This would be my 6th trip, but:

1) The weather is looking frightful for the game
2) I don't have a kid playing
3) I'd either have to stay overnight or get back really late
4) I'm getting too old.

With that said, I'm keeping an open mind...

Baitshop

Earl....80% chance of rain tomorrow nite, with a temperature aroun 35 degrees....as much as I would love to have dinner with mack and our NLR buddies, I may have to sit this one out...

We're too pretty to have to cover up these faces and bodies with a bunch of winter wear and a rain suit...

TigerHawg

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on December 12, 2013, 10:59:23 am

4) I'm getting too old.

Bentonville has a deal at the Marriott. $69 plus tax if you tell them your with the Tigers. Not a bad price!

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: TigerHawg on December 12, 2013, 11:06:46 am

4) I'm getting too old.

Bentonville has a deal at the Marriott. $69 plus tax if you tell them your with the Tigers. Not a bad price!

Any info on suites for the game?

Maybe a FF sponsored suite for dignitaries?

TigerHawg

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on December 12, 2013, 12:29:30 pm
Quote from: TigerHawg on December 12, 2013, 11:06:46 am

4) I'm getting too old.

Any info on suites for the game?

No idea. I just got my tickets from the Bentonville TAC building though!  Tickets *CHECK* Hotel Room *CHECK*  Now I need to go buy more Hot Hands!

Earl is my Hero!!

Cabotfan

Quote from: DerekOxford on December 12, 2013, 10:37:24 am
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Cabot and Southside play in miserable conditions in 2000 for the AAAAA title?

Miserable? It was cold as everything, but at least it wasn't raining.

panthers r us

Cold and windy that day, but no rain.  Cloudy most of the game.

TigerHawg

Quote from: Cabotfan on December 12, 2013, 01:16:13 pm

Miserable? It was cold as everything, but at least it wasn't raining.

We played in hard rain against Rogers and in ice a few weeks back so I think Bville will be fine. Should be a good match up. Looking forward to it!

DPaul

Gameday!

Finish the season right and git'r done Bennie. Trojan Nation pulling for y'all.

xtremewildcat

I don't think it will be that close of a game:

Cabot  28
BV  14

DPaul

Quote from: xtremewildcat on December 13, 2013, 08:45:51 am

Cabot  28
BV  14

Wow really? Are you a Cabot guy?

Them running teams are a beeeotch but Bennie seen the best running team they've seen all year in Euless Trinity and they kept it close. And I can only think Bennie has improved since week 3.

7AFBFAN

Good luck to both teams tonight. Hopefully Bennie will play their best and bring another championship home for the West.

xtremewildcat

December 13, 2013, 09:10:56 am #137 Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 09:47:54 am by xtremewildcat
Quote from: DPaul on December 13, 2013, 08:57:00 am
Quote from: xtremewildcat on December 13, 2013, 08:45:51 am

Cabot  28
BV  14

Wow really? Are you a Cabot guy?

Them running teams are a beeeotch but Bennie seen the best running team they've seen all year in Euless Trinity and they kept it close. And I can only think Bennie has improved since week 3.

Could be wrong but here how I evaluated it.
1) Kinda like a home game for Cabot. They will have a lot more fans there.
2) BV has a young QB who I think will struggle in the elements.
3) Cabot's ground game will get them into the 20's.
4) BV has made a habit of not playing too good in the rock the past two years, I think that continues.
5) RB for Cabot is the real deal!!

BV has had an advantage in most of their games on both offense and defensive lines. Also with line depth on both sides of the ball. Against Cabot, they wont have that big of an advantage.

7AFBFAN

Will be surprised if Cabot scores more than 14. Question is can Bennie score 15.

Lions84

GO PANTHERS Run that Dead T to a State Title.

OPoraquê

Article on Cabot players with weights and heights from this season...I, too, think Cabot will have an advantage in the bad weather tonight.  But BL Sr. said Bennie's fully healthy.  Can't ask for more than that:

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2013/aug/25/cabot-panthers-veteran-squad-hoping-lack-depth-won/?f=threerivers

Stout senior tight end Keith Pledger (6-0, 264) is a load at tight end. Pledger (325-pound bench press, 290-pound power clean and 455-pound squat) caught a 7-yard touchdown against North Little Rock.

Seniors Heath Pledger (6-0, 268) and Martin Turner (5-7, 250) anchor the line as three-year starters. Heath Pledger, Keith Pledger's twin, mans the right guard spot, while Turner is at right tackle.

Classmate Blake Gibson (6-0, 200) rotated at all of the line spots last fall but will play full time at center in 2013. Junior Brett Frazier (6-3, 210) didn't compete in spring football because of a knee injury he sustained in basketball. However, he has recovered from offseason surgery and fills in at tight end when the Panthers employ a double tight-end formation.

The concerns on an otherwise veteran line are on the left side. One player quit the team, and another was dismissed. Senior Devin Crawford (5-11, 243) didn't play last season but returned to the team in the offseason.

Senior Jordan Stull (5-10, 230) earned the tackle job after playing sparingly last fall.

"[The left side] is a little bit of a worry, but spring football helps a lot, and fall camp," Malham said. "They should be ready to go by the time the conference season starts."

Junior Wyatt Talik (5-8, 190) adds depth, as will classmate Jonathan Crowder (5-8, 260).

The Panthers only yielded 19 points per game last fall. Malham welcomes seven starters from that unit.

Senior tackles Brandon Arthur (6-2, 215) and Aaron Henry (5-11, 265), who squats 420 pounds, anchor the line. Junior Tristan Bulice (5-10, 237) fills in at nose guard. Junior Brian Marshall (5-9, 165) earned a starting end position, but in mid-August, Malham said "four or five players were still competing for the other end spot."

2bhsboys

Just got word all spirit buses and cheer cancelled  :'( but understandable

DPaul

Ok so what's going on with the weather up there? DFW had it bad last weekend but things have calmed this week. Is it still icey up there or what?

7AFBFAN

100% chance of rain and cold. Would be nice if this was played on a better day. Only a true fan would show up in those conditions. Prediction, 7A has the smallest attendance by far this year.

DPaul

mack

Quote from: DPaul on December 13, 2013, 01:24:22 pm
Just rain? No freezing rain?

Just started sleeting small pellets that melt as soon as they hit [47 degrees at 1:42].  If this is all it does, it won't be bad.

OPoraquê

Mack,

I'm not saying this as a putdown to anyone.  Is Cabot one of the fastest (collectively) football teams you've ever seen?

Because the Bentonville paper posted heights and weights for both teams' offense/defense.  And (if their measurements are correct) Bentonville has 20 starters 6' or higher, Cabot has 5.  Cabot has one starter 6'2" (tallest player).  Bentonville has 10 that height or taller.  Again, this isn't meant as a slight on anyone as I know your team's big, too.  I'm just wondering if the paper's numbers are right.

BTW, speaking of "Mack" and cold weather, I read your bulletin board handle and I always think of this character (a bubble gum cigar, if I can find one, if you saw the movie (don't worry, if you didn't it will help your peace of mind) and know who this "Mack" (or "Mac", I think) was:

mack

Quote from: OPoraquê on December 13, 2013, 02:05:13 pm
Mack,

I'm not saying this as a putdown to anyone.  Is Cabot one of the fastest (collectively) football teams you've ever seen?

Because the Bentonville paper posted heights and weights for both teams' offense/defense.  And (if their measurements are correct) Bentonville has 20 starters 6' or higher, Cabot has 5.  Cabot has one starter 6'2" (tallest player).  Bentonville has 10 that height or taller.  Again, this isn't meant as a slight on anyone as I know your team's big, too.  I'm just wondering if the paper's numbers are right.

BTW, speaking of "Mack" and cold weather, I read your bulletin board handle and I always think of this character (a bubble gum cigar, if I can find one, if you saw the movie (don't worry, if you didn't it will help your peace of mind) and know who this "Mack" (or "Mac", I think) was:

At certain skill positions, and some on defense, I think they were as fast as us.  We were not that big this year either.  Their linemen seemed strong, very quick and pulled effectively.  They don't make mistakes. 

Mack,,, The Knife was my inspiration :-)

OPoraquê

Thanks.  Getting prepared for any result tonight.  Clammy and wet out there, but I'm guessing both sides are raring to play.

This movie, obviously, was "Mack wants the flamethrower". 

Billyo62

Quote from: mack on December 13, 2013, 02:27:34 pm
Quote from: OPoraquê on December 13, 2013, 02:05:13 pm
Mack,

At certain skill positions, and some on defense, I think they were as fast as us.  We were not that big this year either.  Their linemen seemed strong, very quick and pulled effectively.  They don't make mistakes. 

Mack,,, The Knife was my inspiration :-)
Are saying that Cabot does what they do and they do it very well.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas