• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booneville VS Dollarway

Started by whippersnapper, November 29, 2013, 10:19:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

whippersnapper

Get the talk going! Both teams are well coached and execute their philosophies.

Blazer51

OLDSCHOOL82

Gonna have to put some thought in to this one before I talk to much.  Huge, huge game.  Of course cats get the win though.

BEARCATSRULE

We are going to see some football on this one.this will be the ultimate test for both teams winner of this takes state Booneville by 2

mr.b@sc

i think i will have to flip a coin on this one...should be a great game..

whippersnapper

The biggest key is the size advantage of $way.

BEARCATSRULE

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: whippersnapper on November 29, 2013, 10:40:11 pm

Tonight's game was the first time we have had the size advantage.

cuckoobird

I think booneville will play right into dways hand but it will be closer than some think. Dway on top of course

elmerfudd

As a player on the Booneville team that lost a heartbreaker to DWay in 2004, I've been waiting for this rematch for a long time. This is by far the best team Booneville has played all year and I expect a good game. Hope I can make it to the game.

Nip/Tusk

Any live stream for this one?  Would love to watch it online.

whippersnapper

But $way is different then maumelle or hamburg. Watch for #54 at 3 technique. I have seen him all year just blow guards and tackles back looking for the ball. Guard in one hand tackle in the other. Just looking for the ball in the backfield. Now do I see him doing that to Gray? No but they have the size and strength then add in the speed. They are actually very similar to you. I just have a feeling the may boys could have a hard time getting off blocks and making tackles.

mr.b@sc

Quote from: Perry Grove on November 29, 2013, 10:49:54 pm
Any live stream for this one?  Would love to watch it online.
with the prices the aaa charge to live stream a playoff game i dont think we will get to see any games streamed...

DWayAlumn2002

I don't know much about booneville except that they run it very well. What do they look like on defense? Especially up front and in the secondary. That's what will determine how close the game will be. Booneville's defense against our offense. I think we will pull it out in the end tho.

Wonderdog

i would LOVE to see this game. not sure i will have the pleasure of doing so. for you Booneville folks, i have seen $way once this season against Newport. as far as the big o lineman, in the Newport game they seemed a little sloppy. they made their blocks and followed up with a lazy walk n watch technique. meaning they walked down the field and watched the ball carrier do his thing. perhaps this happened partially because they blew Newport out of the water, but that is all i have to go off of. i am pulling for a cardinal win. get it done hometown boys!

DoItToEm

Quote from: BEARCATSRULE on November 29, 2013, 10:41:13 pm
It's not our first rodeo
For me I think the biggest advantage for dway is speed against Booneville

mossflyer

gitrdone

Quote from: DoItToEm on November 30, 2013, 08:11:35 am
Quote from: BEARCATSRULE on November 29, 2013, 10:41:13 pm
It's not our first rodeo
For me I think the biggest advantage for dway is speed against Booneville
Have i heard that before???

elmerfudd

From the small amount of Dollarway video that I've seen, the Cardinals don't look as big as I thought they were. They certainly have lots of speed, but nothing more than we've faced all year. This will be a good game for a while, but I'm going with my Cats +14. They'll slowly pull this one out with the ground and pound just like an Alabama team.

whippersnapper

This is like LSU vs Bama. 2 tradition rich schools that have stuck to their guns of running the football and playing good defense. With that being said the team that loses in the pass game I think loses the ball game. Anyone in NWA wanna give me a ride to this game? Haha

adaptedtigerfan

WPWells

adaptedtigerfan

DWayAlumn2002

You guys from up yonder have no clue. Better hope booneville scores a TD never mind  win by two TDs. Gonna be the best defense  Booneville has seen this year. Gonna be the last defense booneville will see this year. Not being able to mix it up is really gonna play into our hands. Come on down to Cardinal Country. Enjoy the ride here because it's gonna be a long ride home.

edghog

I've been on FF off & on now for about 10 years.
This year is same song different dancers. Long bus rides.....never seen anyone like us......etc etc.
Friday night will tell the tale.
Bunnyville by 4.

DoItToEm

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 30, 2013, 11:26:21 am
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 30, 2013, 11:10:30 am
Booneville by 21
I almost went with that but played it safe.
I will give it to Booneville ..wht they do on offense they do well..  I really  think it will be a great game..but to say dway losing by 21 u have to be smoking something thats not legal

DoItToEm

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 30, 2013, 09:58:31 am
From the small amount of Dollarway video that I've seen, the Cardinals don't look as big as I thought they were. They certainly have lots of speed, but nothing more than we've faced all year. This will be a good game for a while, but I'm going with my Cats +14. They'll slowly pull this one out with the ground and pound just like an Alabama team.
I don't think your going to pound us all night I don't think thts going down. . U might move the ball some but thinking thts going to happen all night u better break down  some film

zebrafan

Dollarway 22
Booneville 21

Just like 2004?

BEARCATSRULE

Quote from: DWayAlumn2002 on November 30, 2013, 12:09:26 pm
You guys from up yonder have no clue. Better hope booneville scores a TD never mind  win by two TDs. Gonna be the best defense  Booneville has seen this year. Gonna be the last defense booneville will see this year. Not being able to mix it up is really gonna play into our hands. Come on down to Cardinal Country. Enjoy the ride here because it's gonna be a long ride home.
sounds good

rattlerfan17

I've been watching some video... Impressed with $way's front 5 on offense. Still not sure they will be able to handle Booneville. Lots of athleticism,  but Booneville can usually counter that with their discipline.

My preliminary pick, 28-14, Booneville. That is subject to change this week after I watch more video lol.

BEARCATSRULE

i cant really talk no smack on this one both these teams are the real deal. Lets let friday get here and watch a battle .I cant wait . this will be a great game

rattlerfan17

How many Booneville fans are going? I'm driving and bringing 3. Some of the fam is going. Another 5 people probably.

LJ06

I'm going with Booneville at the moment. It's going to be a tight game that's for sure.

OLDSCHOOL82

I'll be there and will bring between 3 and 12.

elmerfudd

Quote from: DoItToEm on November 30, 2013, 01:45:28 pm
I don't think your going to pound us all night I don't think thts going down. . U might move the ball some but thinking thts going to happen all night u better break down  some film

Well like I said, I've only seen a small amount of film. But that doesn't change my mind. EVERYONE knows how to stop Booneville's run, but hasn't. We've faced your size and your speed, yet still win. I'm not saying Booneville will win by a large margin (+14 would be the closest margin all year). But Booneville will pound it all game long.

LJ06

Question? Who has Booneville played that has Dollarways size and speed?

OLDSCHOOL82

No one with a line that size overall but have played several with comparable speed.

elmerfudd

Quote from: LJ06 on November 30, 2013, 04:41:23 pm

Star city, Maumelle, Pottsville, and Hamburg....that I've seen. I didn't make it to every game though, so there could be others.

DWayAlumn2002

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 30, 2013, 04:45:38 pm

Star city, Maumelle, Pottsville, and Hamburg....that I've seen. I didn't make it to every game though, so there could be others.
None of those teams have the speed. What was the score of these games? Star City is the common opponent. We beat them 36-0.

elmerfudd

Quote from: DWayAlumn2002 on November 30, 2013, 04:50:01 pm
Quote from: elmerfudd on November 30, 2013, 04:45:38 pm

None of those teams have the speed. What was the score of these games? Star City is the common opponent. We beat them 36-0.

False

OLDSCHOOL82

--- End quote ---

Maumelle, star city, and hamburg all had the speed.  Pottsville didn't other than their qb.  Star city was week 3.  21-7 or 21-6. 

OLDSCHOOL82

We are not worried about your speed anyways.  We have enough overall team speed to hang with anyone unless you all run sub 4.3 in the forty.  Booneville is gonna come out and hit you in the mouth on both sides of the ball.   This will be a hard fought battle and won't be decided until late in the fourth.  Booneville gets the win.  Will be a stellar semi.

rattlerfan17

Wasn't week 3 game vs star city played in the rain? Not saying it did or didn't have an impact on the game but a legit question. Can't remember past the Hamburg game as far as weather goes lol

elmerfudd

I think the weather was mostly irrelevant in that game. But if I had a preference, I would prefer rainy conditions simply because it has only given Booneville an advantage in each game this season, especially against Hamburg. Ball security has not been an issue for Booneville all year (knock on wood), regardless of the conditions.

cuckoobird

You guys are in for a surprise. Booneville hasnt played anyone with dways size or speed and they sure havent played anyone with talent to go on top of that.

catdaddy

Quote from: DoItToEm on November 30, 2013, 01:45:28 pm

Hey, men are like public toilets, they are are either taken or full of crap.

OLDSCHOOL82

Go work concession at the basketball game cuckoo.

cuckoobird

Done for the year so i will be here terrorizing you

OLDSCHOOL82

Hey anybody.  Didn't struttfart get beat by the 45th ranked team out of 48  in 4a?  Marianna I believe.

elmerfudd

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 30, 2013, 06:02:54 pm
You guys are in for a surprise. Booneville hasnt played anyone with dways size or speed and they sure havent played anyone with talent to go on top of that.

Third week in a row I've heard this. Give me another dollar.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas