• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 XC

Started by The Infidel, July 27, 2010, 10:52:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

UALR11

Everyone hates MH because it's hard.  That's cross country.  Every state meet in the country is on a hard course(if possible).  Though the meet was well coordinated, planned, and there were zero issues other than a hilly course that provided some upsets.

AT

Quote from: UALR11 on November 09, 2010, 10:19:50 am
Everyone hates MH because it's hard.  That's cross country.  Every state meet in the country is on a hard course(if possible).  Though the meet was well coordinated, planned, and there were zero issues other than a hilly course that provided some upsets.

This is all true. Lol, but I still hate it.

The heat, mud, hills, and a lackluster performance just left a bad taste in my mouth. Not to mention having to get up at 5 AM to get there

NWARKsports

Not to drag this on, but I'm not a fan of the course design, regardless of the hills.  I don't like the portion that reminds me of a line at Six Flags and the whole thing is not very fan friendly and lacks excitement.  Except the ending is pretty nice.  I don't like how the awards area is sorta disjointed from the rest of the course.  The team tent area is all over the place.  And what in the world was up with DJ WANNABE playing that LOUD music the whole day???  Could not even speak with the person standing right next to me because the music was so loud.  They were not prepared with proper medical attention and with all the bodies passed out everywhere I would call that an issue.  And, yes, the ride there is no fun.

Ty

Gabe Gonzalez is traveling to Charlotte, NC later this month to take part in the Foot Locker South Qualifier in hopes of qualifying for the Foot Locker National Championship in San Diego, CA.

Let's hope an Arkansas boy can represent the Natural State well.

He also picked up his first two scholarship offers, UCA and Arkansas State. Arkansas, Oklahoma State and some other schools are expressing quite a bit of interest as well.

NWARKsports

November 10, 2010, 07:57:26 am #204 Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 09:18:58 am by NWARKsports
Both the UCA and Ark State coach were in attendance at the State Meet purely as spectators to view potential talent.  It's nice to see successful programs that recruit heavily from within our State.

EDIT:

Even without the State's number 1 & 2 runners (Maggie and Valerie) I think this is still a very impressive lineup.

2010 All Star Girls Roster

Blanche Ajarrista
Pulaski Academy

Logan Bishop
Batesville

Kate Bucknam
Fayetteville

Hope Burrell
Heritage

Brittany Burson
Fayetteville

Tori Copeland
Green County Tech

Dani David
Heritage

Courtney Falco
Salem

Randi Ferguson
LR Christian

Maria Garcia
Heritage

Lauren Garrison
Batesville

Kelsie Harris
Mt. Home

Jordan James
Rogers

Natalie Meinzer
Batesville

Lindsey Mills
Lake Hamilton

Sam Mohler
Mt. Home

Erica Owen
Rogers

Morgan Morton
Bentonville

Emily Myers
Cabot

Samantha Osterholm
LR Christian

Maggie Pickhardt
Fayetteville

Carlee Rodriguez
Rogers

Allison Sinning
Cabot

Deirdre Sheets
Heritage

Maria Valenta
Van Buren

If interested here is roster for 2010 CROSS COUNTRY ALL STATE HONORS:

http://www.ahsaa.org/docs/Allstate10.pdf

AT

Thanks for the list NWARK.

Is Kate Bucknam, Coach Bucknam's daughter?

NWARKsports

November 10, 2010, 05:40:17 pm #206 Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 08:26:28 am by NWARKsports
Yes.

FYI - Last year Girls won and Boys lost...

Here is 2010 Boys All Star Roster:

Jaycee Alveranga
Russellville

Alex Chaffin
Catholic

Chris Dunbar
Cabot

Jesse Duvall
Russellville

Tanner Elliott
Trinity Christian

Noah Findlay
Catholic

Scott Foltz
Cabot

Gabriel Gonzalez
Springdale

Marcos Gutierrez
Siloam Springs

Christian Heymsfield
Elkins

Kyle Jones
Russellville

Luke Lindsley
Bryant

Jacob Luckett
Cabot

Evaristo Martinez
Springdale

Jerry Melnyk
LR Central

Wil Norris
Mt. Home

Lucas Peiser
Shiloh Christian

Mason Richards
Shiloh Christian

Quinn Robertson
Har-Ber

Drew Storment
Rogers

Phillip Treat
Cabot

Zach Uhiren
Cabot

Morgan Warneke
Conway

Brock Westerman
Lake Hamilton

Adam Yawn
Heritage

AT

The Arkansas men XC team won the South Central Region (Which was very much expected) and secured a spot in the NCAA championships next Monday (not this coming one)

The women got 3rd behind Rice and Texas and will have to wait for the At-large selection process to see if they will make it.

I think the Arkansas men will finish in the top 10, but I am hoping for top 5.

RATTLER43

Yes. And they won it with split squad. They willl have a shot at top 5 if they run top runners and all perform well. Dorian Ulrey will have to be great. No sub 30s today will not cut it at NCAAs. Just my opinion. How tough is the Waco course? Was the weather poor? windy, rainy?

AT

Quote from: RATTLER43 on November 13, 2010, 02:14:06 pm
Yes. And they won it with split squad. They willl have a shot at top 5 if they run top runners and all perform well. Dorian Ulrey will have to be great. No sub 30s today will not cut it at NCAAs. Just my opinion. How tough is the Waco course? Was the weather poor? windy, rainy?

I don't know anything about the course or the conditions but Coach Bucknam did say this in an interview after the meet (Courtesy of arkansasrazorbacks.com)....

"The goal was not to extend ourselves too much physically, get the job done and get the win with as little effort as possible."

So I think Dorian, Solomon, and Fernandez were content with just staying with the lead pack...

I don't know about Lane Boyer and Rick Elliott, though.

RATTLER43

10th place finish. Ulrey and Solomon both finish top 15!

AT

10th is pretty good! I was hoping for maybe top 5, but a top 10 finish is a great step into making Arkansas Cross Country a powerhouse again. I think we only lose Ulrey and Boyer(who didn't finish in the top 5) next year. Ulrey is a big loss, though.

Ready for indoor, though!

Ty

Gonzalez and Valerie Reina are flying out tomorrow afternoon for Charlotte.

Got out Saturday and ran with Gabe. He's in peak condition.

RATTLER43

Is Maggie going?

I wish 'em all luck and hope they run well.

Ty

Quote from: RATTLER43 on November 24, 2010, 12:50:41 pm
Is Maggie going?

I wish 'em all luck and hope they run well.
Not unless she is taking a different plane.

Gabe and Reina are flying out there together.

RATTLER43

Post results as soon as you get them.

Ty

NWARKsports

Maggie and several other Arkansas runners were just at the Nike meet in Houston.  Maggie came in 5th and will be going to Nationals.

http://www.runnerspace.com/eprofile.php?title_id=191&event_id=304&do=title&pg=1&folder_id=844&page_id=2017

RATTLER43

Back to the Hogs. I did not realize just how spoiled I was when J-Mac was the coach. We are happy with a top 10 finish. It really is good but he had us so used to domination that anything less than a championship was failure. What a coach and program.

AT

Quote from: RATTLER43 on November 25, 2010, 11:10:34 am
Back to the Hogs. I did not realize just how spoiled I was when J-Mac was the coach. We are happy with a top 10 finish. It really is good but he had us so used to domination that anything less than a championship was failure. What a coach and program.

It is amazing. Alot of teams think its an accomplishment to just make it to the NCAA championships, but at Arkansas its not only expected. Its a given. The first two years when Bucknam's crew finished outside the top 20, it was a huge shock for the Razorbacks to finish so low. Not winning the SEC Championship the past two years also didn't help.

But this year, the Razorbacks finally dominated the SEC Championships and inside the top 10 of the NCAAs, were they should be. I was HOPING for a top 5 finish, but I can't say I was expecting it, so I'm happy with the result.

I think next year will be a good indicator of Bucknam's coaching sucess here at Arkansas. Will he improve on the top 10 finish even without Ulrey? Or will we fall way back again?

RATTLER43

I agree. This is how we can begin to assess him as he begins to work with his recruits.

NWARKsports

Girls is not yet complete but did you guys see the Fantasy rankings that Ar Track Stats has created?  Pretty cool...

http://arkansastrackstats.net/Documents/10CC%2020101125%20State%20CC%20Meet%20Fantasy%20Results.htm

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas