• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS - Lamar @ Rison

Started by Hitman Warrior23, November 16, 2018, 09:50:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Buck Beefheart

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 17, 2018, 01:08:43 pm
Lamar is going to run the football down your throat and will use up a lot of time doing it. If Rison keeps Lamar behind the sticks it'll be a long game for Lamar. If Lamar can run it, it'll be close. Y'all all act like Rison is the world beaters of 3a. Lamar had already played a better team In Boonville. Wasn't scared then, most certainly not scared now. Rison will remember they were in a football game the next day. That is fact.
;) @ #facts

panther07

November 20, 2018, 08:53:19 pm #151 Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 08:55:52 pm by panther07
Quote from: KOJACK on November 20, 2018, 08:34:10 pm
Rison is solid. But honestly the only legitimate opponent they have faced is McGehee. They beat Mayflower who has no quality wins. Mayflower got beat by Glen Rose who got smoked by CHG. When they beat McGehee, McGehee had several players out, so honestly they have no quality wins imo. Lamar is no threat either. They got beat by Charleston, who got beat 49-0 by Clinton who got beat handily by Prescott. So honestly the first threat that Rison will have will be next week. And then they will lose to Smackover or Osceola...whoever wins that game.

They beat them and lost to them who beat them who scrimmaged them who got rained out last week. This kinda analysis isn't accurate. If it were accurate to look at games and teams this way, no way Lamar loses to Charleston week 10

jazdill

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 19, 2018, 09:09:39 pm
Rain definitely favors Lamar in this matchup. Team size usually beats out team speed In that situation

Not sure I agree with this statement. Have you watched Lamar this season on a muddy track? I am sure your answer will be they are 2-0 in the rain but I can assure you this is NOT a mudder team. With that being said playing on turf so muddy track advantage does not exist and I can guarantee you turf benefits Risons speed wet or dry. Hopefully the Warriors can keep the scrum in a wadded up mess and not make speed a factor.

Lamar fans travel well as stated above about Rison. Rison is as tradition rich as any high school team in the state of Arkansas. Coach Totty is a legend. Any true high school football fan should be stoked about playing Rison in a quarter final match-up. While Lamar's success has only come since the early 2000's we hope to continue into the decades down the road and be remember for great games like Rison putting a end to Bartons win streak and such. I look forward to playing at a "hostile" venue. That is the way is is suppose to be. Hopefully a few years down the road we can return the favor and y'all drive half way across the state to set in the freezing cold on the pee creek side of Warrior Field.

Oh and Rison fans be prepared no matter the outcome of the game there will be certain poster/posters who jump on here telling y'all how dirty and disrespectful your team is. Do not take offense to it happens pretty much every week win or lose.

KOJACK

Quote from: panther07 on November 20, 2018, 08:53:19 pm
They beat them and lost to them who beat them who scrimmaged them who got rained out last week. This kinda analysis isn't accurate. If it were accurate to look at games and teams this way, no way Lamar loses to Charleston week 10
We shall see...But who did Lamar beat?

imtie

panther07

Quote from: KOJACK on November 20, 2018, 09:20:46 pm
We shall see...But who did Lamar beat?

I don't disagree with that. Don't think Lamar is great and I think they lose by several scores Friday.

gold45

Rison is solid. But honestly the only legitimate opponent they have faced is McGehee. They beat Mayflower who has no quality wins. Mayflower got beat by Glen Rose who got smoked by CHG. When they beat McGehee, McGehee had several players out, so honestly they have no quality wins imo. Lamar is no threat either. They got beat by Charleston, who got beat 49-0 by Clinton who got beat handily by Prescott. So honestly the first threat that Rison will have will be next week. And then they will lose to Smackover or Osceola...whoever wins that game.

Using Charleston as a measuring stick is meaningless. Charleston was incredibly inconsistent all season.  Lamar posters say Lamar just had a bad game when they played Charleston.  Maybe that's true and maybe it's not.  I don't know because I didn't see Lamar play any other game.  But I did watch Charleston all season and I will say that Clinton would have had their hands full trying to beat Charleston had that team and game plan showed up to play the first round of playoffs.  Needless to say, trying to predict a winner using a team's performance against Charleston this year is like trying to compare how many superbowls the Patriots would have won without Brady. It's meaningless.

With that said, I'm pulling for the Warriors.  Would love to see them win this game.

TheTruth2010

Im Glad everyone is sleeping on Lamar because of the Charleston loss.

MICHAELSPAPPY

November 21, 2018, 08:14:46 am #158 Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 08:32:33 am by MICHAELSPAPPY
If we play like we did against Harding we at least have a shot. If we play like we did against Charleston, we might as well stay home and save the school the cost of the fuel.

How about if we play like we did against Harding and get Rison to play like we did against Charleston?

Warriors023

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 21, 2018, 08:13:54 am
Im Glad everyone is sleeping on Lamar because of the Charleston loss.
Harding did. And now Rison is. Keep it rolling boys.
+1

Warriors023

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on November 21, 2018, 08:14:46 am
If we play like we did against Harding we at least have a shot. If we play like we did against Charleston, we might as well stay home and save the school the cost of the fuel.

How about if we play like we did against Harding and get Rison to play like we did against Charleston?
The defense is going to have to play the same if not better than they did against Harding. This warrior team has yet to play their best football. I expect that shows up Friday. This game will go one of two ways. A high scoring offensive shootout between 2 voliatle offenses, or a low scoring hard-nosed defensive game between 2 of the best defenses in the state.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 21, 2018, 11:04:47 am
Harding did. And now Rison is. Keep it rolling boys.
+1
Interesting to see you admit that Lamar could only beat HA because they were sleeping.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 21, 2018, 11:08:55 am
This warrior team has yet to play their best football

I agree with you, and that is the thing that gives me hope in a game that on paper we are predicted to lose.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 21, 2018, 11:08:55 am
The defense is going to have to play the same if not better than they did against Harding. This warrior team has yet to play their best football. I expect that shows up Friday. This game will go one of two ways. A high scoring offensive shootout between 2 voliatle offenses, or a low scoring hard-nosed defensive game between 2 of the best defenses in the state.

Offensive line is going to have to dominate. Defensive ends are going to have to keep the play in the middle of the field.

Warriors023

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on November 21, 2018, 11:33:04 am
Offensive line is going to have to dominate. Defensive ends are going to have to keep the play in the middle of the field.
If the defensive ends can do that, Lamar will win the game. Speed doesnt hurt you if it doesn't get outside the tackles. That's why I think Lamar wins this game. Theyve kept everybody they have played between the tackles this year. Booneville was just bigger overall and won in the trenches. Lamar will dominate the trenches Friday night.

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 21, 2018, 12:10:16 pm
If the defensive ends can do that, Lamar will win the game. Speed doesnt hurt you if it doesn't get outside the tackles. That's why I think Lamar wins this game. Theyve kept everybody they have played between the tackles this year. Booneville was just bigger overall and won in the trenches. Lamar will dominate the trenches Friday night.
I have been watching Rison football for a very long time. Even in the losses, I have never seen Rison truly dominated in the trenches. Besides running a high level football team, Coach Totty runs a A+ caliber weightlifting program. Everything you keep saying is the same stuff Charleston said in 04 in the title game. They were bigger (a lot bigger), stronger, and were gonna crush us. With about 4 minutes left in the game it was 30-0 and our starters were sitting on the bench celebrating. That Charleston team hadn't allowed a rushing TD in the playoffs. Rison scored a 30+ yard rushing TD on our first drive.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Good teams have bad days. Mediocre teams have great days. Bad teams have once-in-a-career days. And until the game starts you never know if one of those will be true. After all, little Milan (pop. 1150) did win the overall Indiana state basketball title in 1954.

Warriors023

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on November 21, 2018, 03:36:55 pm
Good teams have bad days. Mediocre teams have great days. Bad teams have once-in-a-career days. And until the game starts you never know if one of those will be true. After all, little Milan (pop. 1150) did win the overall Indiana state basketball title in 1954.
+100
You have something to do with title? Lol

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 21, 2018, 05:40:25 pm
+100
You have something to do with title? Lol

No, even I am not quite that old. Bobby Plump, who took the winning shot, is 82.

Warriors023

I'm hopping off the boards until Friday morning. May everybody have a happy and blessed thanksgiving.

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 21, 2018, 12:10:16 pm

If I'm not mistaken, Rison's leading rusher last game (Frye) got most of his 181 yards between the tackles.

RHScats

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on November 21, 2018, 07:02:36 pm
If I'm not mistaken, Rison's leading rusher last game (Frye) got most of his 181 yards between the tackles.
You are correct.  Warrior here seen about 15mins of film and thinks he has the formula to stop this "basic, easy offense" that Rison has. He can out coach Totty from his recliner.

Waterboy94

KOJACK

Quote from: gold45 on November 20, 2018, 10:34:13 pm
Using Charleston as a measuring stick is meaningless. Charleston was incredibly inconsistent all season.  Lamar posters say Lamar just had a bad game when they played Charleston.  Maybe that's true and maybe it's not.  I don't know because I didn't see Lamar play any other game.  But I did watch Charleston all season and I will say that Clinton would have had their hands full trying to beat Charleston had that team and game plan showed up to play the first round of playoffs.  Needless to say, trying to predict a winner using a team's performance against Charleston this year is like trying to compare how many superbowls the Patriots would have won without Brady. It's meaningless.

With that said, I'm pulling for the Warriors.  Would love to see them win this game.
The only way Charleston would've beaten Clinton is if Clinton skipped the game...that's the only way.

blu2th

Rison - 48
Lamar - 14

Rison will cruise in this one...

CoolBreeze

Quote from: KOJACK on November 21, 2018, 07:58:58 pm
The only way Charleston would've beaten Clinton is if Clinton skipped the game...that's the only way.
+1. To say otherwise following a 49-0 drubbing is just silly.

High Voltage

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on November 19, 2018, 12:01:54 pm
Correction. Booneville spanked us. When we played Charleston the team got the day wrong and didn't show up until Saturday.

Stiil got spanked, if you plan on staying within 30 of Rison ya'll better be headed down right now so you show up on the right day!

blackandoldgold

Each week during the football season 'The Pine Commercial' newspaper has it's predictions.

Last week Mayflower @ Rison, not everyone was on-board & some picked Mayflower to win.

Fast forward to this week, they've seen the light. All seven pick the cats to move on to the semi-finals.

On another note, who writes the stuff at the ADG? They have the McGehee @ Prescott winner to advance to play the Osceola @ Smackover winner.

Guess they have a different set of brackets I haven't seen.

gold45

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 22, 2018, 11:35:56 am
+1. To say otherwise following a 49-0 drubbing is just silly.

Hmmm...don't believe that's what I said.  But I am just silly sometimes considering I have been on Fearless for several years and I still expect people to.....well never mind.  It's a holiday and I'm gonna be nice.  Happy Thanksgiving!

Warriors023

It's finally FRIDAY! Good luck to both Lamar and Rison, praying for a great, injury free game for both.

nastynice

Let's go Warriors!  Go get the W!!

Warriors023

MICHAELSPAPPY

Doc said he thinks they will have streaming of the game.

Jabali

nastynice

November 23, 2018, 12:22:48 pm #184 Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 12:36:56 pm by nastynice
Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on November 23, 2018, 09:24:26 am
Doc said he thinks they will have streaming of the game.

Pappy, did the poodle survive the big fist fight last night?

blackandoldgold

Since you guys from Lamar (that are going to the game) go within 1 mile of my house in White Hall on I-530 on the way to Rison, can one of you stop & pick me up?

PS no matter who wins, I will need that return trip home too.

Warriors023

Quote from: blackandoldgold on November 23, 2018, 12:31:06 pm
Since you guys from Lamar (that are going to the game) go within 1 mile of my house in White Hall on I-530 on the way to Rison, can one of you stop & pick me up?

PS no matter who wins, I will need that return trip home too.
I've got room for one, hope you don't mind crowding in with a bunch of lamartians😂😂

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: nastynice on November 23, 2018, 12:22:48 pm
Pappy, did the poodle survive the big fist fight last night?

Apparently she is going to make it. Quite a production there for a while.

nastynice

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on November 23, 2018, 01:28:34 pm
Apparently she is going to make it. Quite a production there for a while.

Lol. She's lucky.  Big dog vs Little dog usually doesn't end well.

Warriors023

The tribe is on the roll! Rison, the storm arrives in three hours.

blackandoldgold

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 23, 2018, 12:48:41 pm
I've got room for one, hope you don't mind crowding in with a bunch of lamartians😂😂
Thanks so much. I was just kidding, but am touched you would offer me a ride.

Just goes to show that we Arkansans are good folk.

blackandoldgold

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 23, 2018, 02:22:16 pm
Like you in that I'm beyond excited to get this game going.

Game starts at 7 pm but planning on getting there before 6 pm.

Good luck tonight!

Warriors023

Quote from: blackandoldgold on November 23, 2018, 02:27:48 pm
Like you in that I'm beyond excited to get this game going.

Game starts at 7 pm but planning on getting there before 6 pm.

Good luck tonight!
Good luck to you as well. Hoping for a safe drive for everyone, and one heck of a football game.

xadboy

blackandoldgold

All I know of is a radio broadcast KQEW, 102.3 FM, Fordyce, AR | Free Internet Radio

Tristram Shandy

Warriors023

These "hedge dwellers" need to learn how to spell😂 loving the turf though, great venue for some playoff football!!

macadoshis

I certainly will be pulling for Lamar but just don't know if they have enough to stop this high powered Rison offense.  Way too many weapons.

Warriors023

If Lamar from last week shows up, Lamar wins by 14. If Lamar from round 1 or week 10 shows up, it's over by the half.

RHScats

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 23, 2018, 02:22:16 pm
Guess the storm fizzled out!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas