• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Homeschool Teams

Started by AT, December 13, 2017, 08:18:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

Starting to see teams who are just a collection of homeschooled kids playing together. Saline County Homeschool and Little Rock Flames are two I've heard of recently and there are some NWA teams also. Is this going to start becoming a bigger thing with education changing so much and do you think the AAA would ever admit a homeschool program in for basketball or any sport?

OB11

There has been a homeschool team in NEA as well the past few years.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 13, 2017, 08:18:51 pm
Starting to see teams who are just a collection of homeschooled kids playing together. Saline County Homeschool and Little Rock Flames are two I've heard of recently and there are some NWA teams also. Is this going to start becoming a bigger thing with education changing so much and do you think the AAA would ever admit a homeschool program in for basketball or any sport?

Fort Smith Patriots

Ba$ketballFan54321

I've noticed the increase in them as well. I just can't see the AAA admitting one, but I guess you never know. There are also seems to be a wide range of talent among the teams. Some are just plain awful, some like Saline County and the Little Rock Flames are fair/decent, and then you have Northwest Arkansas who is actually pretty good.

I'm 100% a public school guy, but I do wonder with the changing in education + these teams providing home school kids a chance to play on legit teams in legit leagues how it will affect some areas.

Danold Dump

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 13, 2017, 08:18:51 pm
The Dallas County Candy Stripers

thebigman3

Quote from: OB11 on December 14, 2017, 11:30:32 am
There has been a homeschool team in NEA as well the past few years.
I know this thread is a little outdated, bit are they the NEA Hornets? Saw this team in a Pea Ridge tournament and had never heard of them..

OB11

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 24, 2018, 01:51:27 pm
I know this thread is a little outdated, bit are they the NEA Hornets? Saw this team in a Pea Ridge tournament and had never heard of them..

The one I was thinking of goes by the Eagles I'm pretty sure.

thebigman3

Quote from: OB11 on January 25, 2018, 11:17:59 am
The one I was thinking of goes by the Eagles I'm pretty sure.
Well that's what this team was called the NEA Hornets. I didn't know if NEA may be an abbreviation of some school I didn't know about or what, but it sounded like an AAU team name to me lol. I had just never heard of them before. They were okay. Had a solid post player but that's about it.

AT

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 25, 2018, 02:15:12 pm
Well that's what this team was called the NEA Hornets. I didn't know if NEA may be an abbreviation of some school I didn't know about or what, but it sounded like an AAU team name to me lol. I had just never heard of them before. They were okay. Had a solid post player but that's about it.

You sure it wasn't NWA Hornets?

They were in Alma's tournament this year.

http://www.nwa-hornets.com/

thebigman3

Quote from: Almatrackster on January 25, 2018, 03:16:11 pm
You sure it wasn't NWA Hornets?

They were in Alma's tournament this year.

http://www.nwa-hornets.com/
Yes! This is them. My bad.

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 24, 2018, 01:51:27 pm

They are the NEACHE (Northeast Arkansas Christian Home Educators) Eagles

Mulerider4Life

In Conway there is the Faulkner Falcons.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas