• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A Boys Bracket

Started by JimmyTiger2001, February 28, 2016, 08:56:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mtindian42

We got a tough road to the summit...

Pit Bull

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 28, 2016, 10:02:07 am

You guys can handle it, Go Indians...

blackcoffee_91

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 28, 2016, 10:02:07 am

Yep y'all have to go through the Hornets. Looking forward to some good games.

mtindian42

Mount Ida from what I hear will be no walk in the park...by no means...

bigworm

MI is a really good team and will fight to the bitter end.

mtindian42

February 28, 2016, 12:50:43 pm #6 Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 01:23:57 pm by mtindian42
I will do the all rounds game by game trying to pass some time till 3:00

Earle 79 KD 51

mtindian42

JimmyTiger2001

#10 for mt. Ida is who will need to be kept in check.

mtindian42

I'm doing these off of USA today score predictor

Epc 59 England 55

mtindian42

mtindian42

mtindian42

mtindian42

mtindian42

mtindian42

2nd round:
Earle 69
Bigelow 53

Brinkley 63
Jc 58

MT 55
Blevins 51

Epc 64
Dermott 57

mtindian42

Round 3
Earle 69
Brinkley 58

MT 61
Epc 57

mtindian42

Cc game
Earle 66
MT 60

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 28, 2016, 12:58:46 pm
MT 64 MI 39

M.T. MIGHT win, but I will bet it's not by  25. It will be less than 10 IF you win.

BoxNOne

I think this predictor thing is WAY off on a lot of games lol.

mtindian42

USA today score predictor

Countryboy5

They are way off I think so

blackcoffee_91

Fun tool but probably not the most accurate. Are there any teams that look like a sleeper this year? I'd say that Junction City and Dermott are both tough teams as 3/4 seeds.

anonymousbballviewer07

Black coffee you are definitely right on that I've been following alot of southern basketball and I think those two teams are definitely sleepers when junction has Tyrus and hishma and that new freshman I hear is amazing rolling and Dermott has 23,24, and that center who is unstoppable to be so short rolling there definitely hard to stop they just can't shoot the three well but 23 can light it up on a good Day if you play them if you want to win you are definitely going to have to play them in a zone and it's the same for junction

JimmyTiger2001

I think Brinkley makes it to hot springs.

Cheek

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 28, 2016, 12:43:56 pm
Mount Ida from what I hear will be no walk in the park...by no means...

My Ida will be a very tough game for MT.  MT likes to press and run the 2/3 zone. My Ida has a guard who can break most presses by himself, and he will pass out when needed.  They are also very patient with their offense and will not take bad shots. Mt Ida lost to Brinkley due to the height advantage and lack of rebounds late in the game.  MT does not have the size in the middle to gain a rebounding advantage.  This game will come down to who shoots the three ball and hits their FT's.  I do not see MT getting many turnover points in this game. This is a game I would love to see.  I say MI by 8.

Ctucker

If I was MT Ida I would not play MT man griffin and miles can beat most people off dribble drive.

Cheek

Quote from: Ctucker on February 28, 2016, 06:53:01 pm
If I was MT Ida I would not play MT man griffin and miles can beat most people off dribble drive.

They will not press, and will 2/3 or 3/2 the entire game.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Cheek on February 28, 2016, 06:42:19 pm
My Ida will be a very tough game for MT.  MT likes to press and run the 2/3 zone. My Ida has a guard who can break most presses by himself, and he will pass out when needed.  They are also very patient with their offense and will not take bad shots. Mt Ida lost to Brinkley due to the height advantage and lack of rebounds late in the game.  MT does not have the size in the middle to gain a rebounding advantage.  This game will come down to who shoots the three ball and hits their FT's.  I do not see MT getting many turnover points in this game. This is a game I would love to see.  I say MI by 8.
MT has a pretty good size kid playing the middle. Controls the boards for them. Miles and Griffin will determine the outcome for MT. Shut them down and you got a shot. Earle really extended the defense and never left Miles alone and forced Griffin in to a lot of tough shots. MT does have other players that can score but not at the rate that those two can

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Mount ida will play fundamental basketball, and not make many mistakes. They are going to play tough defense too. Im betting marked tree hasn't seen many point guards (if any) like #10 from m.i.

mtindian42

February 28, 2016, 08:47:52 pm #30 Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 08:49:32 pm by mtindian42
We have seen a little bit of everything this year. The Indians will be prepared for MI. If we lose it wont be because #10 one man will not beat the Indians. Should be a good game.

Cheek

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 28, 2016, 08:47:52 pm
We have seen a little bit of everything this year. The Indians will be prepared for MI. If we lose it wont be because #10 one man will not beat the Indians. Should be a good game.

He will not beat you, but he is very hard to trap or press. He will ever slow down and can really handle the rock.

mtindian42

My report on them from a very reliable source is that they shoot the ball well as a team. And that they could go along ways if they our hitting there shots.

birddawg1986

The state title hunt is Earle's too lose. The only way they lose is if they cant control there composure and start blaming refs for there bad plays which is not many. Even money Earle will be state champs.

Mustangfans

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 28, 2016, 09:00:24 pm
My report on them from a very reliable source is that they shoot the ball well as a team. And that they could go along ways if they our hitting there shots.
I wouldn't count on it

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: birddawg1986 on February 28, 2016, 09:10:12 pm
The state title hunt is Earle's too lose. The only way they lose is if they cant control there composure and start blaming refs for there bad plays which is not many. Even money Earle will be state champs.

Or until they play a team with a physical inside game like brinkley.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: anonymousbballviewer07 on February 28, 2016, 04:01:59 pm
Black coffee you are definitely right on that I've been following alot of southern basketball and I think those two teams are definitely sleepers when junction has Tyrus and hishma and that new freshman I hear is amazing rolling and Dermott has 23,24, and that center who is unstoppable to be so short rolling there definitely hard to stop they just can't shoot the three well but 23 can light it up on a good Day if you play them if you want to win you are definitely going to have to play them in a zone and it's the same for junction

For Jc to do anything tyrus is gonna have put out more effort than he has all year and be the leader he can be... He has so much potential but almost doesn't seem to want to find out how great of a ball player he could be

bdubyab60

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 28, 2016, 08:35:26 pm
Mount ida will play fundamental basketball, and not make many mistakes. They are going to play tough defense too. Im betting marked tree hasn't seen many point guards (if any) like #10 from m.i.
MT only presses when they have to most of the time. Most of their pressure will come halfcourt.

blackcoffee_91

Quote from: birddawg1986 on February 28, 2016, 09:10:12 pm

I haven't had a chance to watch Earle this year, what style do they play?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 28, 2016, 09:18:05 pm
MT only presses when they have to most of the time. Most of their pressure will come halfcourt.

From what I've seen of ida, saw them twice, if you don't press them, they will shoot you out of any zone,  and if you let #10 make it to half court to apply pressure on him, he's gonna drive and score at will.

bigworm

Quote from: THA TRUTH on February 28, 2016, 09:17:13 pm

For Jc to do anything tyrus is gonna have put out more effort than he has all year and be the leader he can be... He has so much potential but almost doesn't seem to want to find out how great of a ball player he could be

Welcome back!

THA TRUTH

February 28, 2016, 10:39:18 pm #41 Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 10:41:25 pm by THA TRUTH
Not trying to knock the kid but he  could easily be a top national recruit if he had more drive

Cheek

Quote from: THA TRUTH on February 28, 2016, 10:39:18 pm
Not trying to knock the kid but he  could easily be a top national recruit if he had more drive

I agree

bdubyab60

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 28, 2016, 09:51:22 pm
From what I've seen of ida, saw them twice, if you don't press them, they will shoot you out of any zone,  and if you let #10 make it to half court to apply pressure on him, he's gonna drive and score at will.
MT will extend it. The Miles kid is the same way for MT. He's one of those that open as long as he's on the court. Both Griffin and Miles if you try to man them it's going to the hole. And you can't just sit back on them either. It has to be an aggressive trapping type zone to get the ball out of their hands. MT will man up though it's not what they like to do.

Should be a good match up.

beach bum

A lot of people would like to see Hector and England in the quarters.... I enjoy those towns' posters on here too! Good luck to both those teams.

leedog95

I'm with bird1986 this is Earle's to lose. They are 10 deep and as athletic as any 2A school I've seen in a long long time. And if they get you down they keep pouring it on. In the playoffs anything can happen though. Should be fun to see how this shakes out. I wish I could watch every game.....

Dogg

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 28, 2016, 09:16:05 pm
Or until they play a team with a physical inside game like brinkley.
Eagle Earle can play physical or turn it into a track meet. Bohannon is a grown man in the paint when he wants to be. If they play defense like the did against MT in the regionals they will be hard to beat.

Cheek

I agree, Earle is the team to beat in 2A.  Brinkley can match them on size and speed, and they also have a ten man rotation.  It is not bad being on the bottom side of the bracket.

bdubyab60

Quote from: blackcoffee_91 on February 28, 2016, 09:22:15 pm
I haven't had a chance to watch Earle this year, what style do they play?
They definitely like a faster paced game. The slower the game the better the chance to beat them. They can play 10 without much drop off but 25, 24 and 5 can pretty much do what they want and score. They don't press as much as people think but the defense might as well be pressure the entire time. Very aggressive defense whether it's zone or man. Then when they do press the passing lanes are few and far between.

Take care of the ball, rebound and control the clock is the best way to beat them. DO NOT FALL BEHIND. Once they get rolling it can get ugly quick.

BoxNOne

First round winners
Earle
Strong
Brinkley
Junction City
Blevins
Marked Tree
Hector
EPC

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas