• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A West @ Quitman

Started by HorseFeathers, February 21, 2016, 08:41:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

BOYS BRACKET

GIRLS BRACKET

***NOte the boys bracket is wrong...They seem to think that Maumelle plays in the 2A-4 East...and that should be Academics Plus

AT

The boys regional here is very interesting. I have no idea which district is going to have a better showing.

On the girls' side, I think 2 teams from each district will represent the region at state. The boys side is strange. District tournament results were weird for the West.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 21, 2016, 09:09:08 pm
The boys regional here is very interesting. I have no idea which district is going to have a better showing.

On the girls' side, I think 2 teams from each district will represent the region at state. The boys side is strange. District tournament results were weird for the West.

Guess you could say the same for the East as well...with academics plus upsetting Bigelow in semi's then losing by 25ish to Hector in the finals..

razorsharp94

I like Hector.  I have saw them play a couple times they look like a pretty complete team to me.  I see them as a dangerous team moving forward.

bighurt411

I'm just glad Quitman has a nice gym to play in. The one in Decatur was warm inside to say it nicely.

razorsharp94

Did Quitman open their new gym for district tournament?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: razorsharp94 on February 22, 2016, 09:40:34 am

Looks pretty nice in the pictures

Prouddragondad

February 22, 2016, 01:03:48 pm #7 Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 04:37:23 pm by Prouddragondad

Madmax

Quote from: bighurt411 on February 22, 2016, 09:39:04 am
I'm just glad Quitman has a nice gym to play in. The one in Decatur was warm inside to say it nicely.

Decatur gym was a sweat box for sure.

razorsharp94

Quote from: Prouddragondad on February 22, 2016, 01:03:48 pm
What happen in the west was when bigelow got upset magazine decided to throw their game against UCA by not playing starters in 2nd have. Didn't want to get matched up with bigelow in 1st round. I guess they thought they would beat burg for the 3rd seed but burg played a good game and won by 20. May came back and bite magazine for doing that. I hope not like to see the west do good in the regional.

Any coach that knowingly throws a game should be fired.

Madmax

Quote from: razorsharp94 on February 22, 2016, 03:08:16 pm
Any coach that knowingly throws a game should be fired.

I agree 100%.  If he truly did that, he told his team he not only didn't have any faith in them against a strong team, but he ultimately screwed them over in the regionals.  They went from being regular season conference champs to being a 4 seed in regionals.  Wow!

Prouddragondad

HorseFeathers

Looks like someone changed their mind....

AlmaAlum13

I was at the Magazine game Friday, and really don't think they threw the game. They just didn't play very well, and UCA played some great defense.  The starters did not start the second half, but played all but 4 minutes of it.  They just couldn't score, sometimes that happens, you just hope it's not during the post season!

Prouddragondad

Sorry about the comment got some bad info. Never meant to start something up. Good luck to all the team's from the west.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Prouddragondad on February 22, 2016, 05:10:46 pm
Sorry about the comment got some bad info. Never meant to start something up. Good luck to all the team's from the west.

You aren't the first....and definitely won't be the last one to post bad information on here :D

Rackjack74

Quote from: razorsharp94 on February 22, 2016, 09:40:34 am

Short answer is yes.  Long answer...all of the home games this season at Q-Town have been played in the new gym.  It's a nice facility and I think everyone there during district enjoyed it.  I expect the same from the regional crowd.  Lots of room and nice working A/C.  ;D  Good luck to all teams playing in the 2A-4 regional at Quitman.

HorseFeathers

I'll Take.....

Boys:
Eureka Springs
Mountainburg
Hector
Bigelow

Finals---Bigelow over Eureka Springs
Consolation--Hector over Mountainburg

Girls:
J.C Westside
Hector
Quitman
Hackett

Finals--Westside over Quitman
Consolation--Hector over Hackett

Bluffer

I like that ^ on the boys

I like Q-town girls at home to win in finals.

Rackjack74

Quote from: HF on February 23, 2016, 10:46:42 am
I'll Take.....

Boys:
Eureka Springs
Mountainburg
Hector
Bigelow

Finals---Bigelow over Eureka Springs

Haven't seen this years Mountainburg or Eureka boys teams but I wouldn't discount Hector boys from sneaking into the finals.  Those boys from what I've seen through the year appear to be peaking at a good time.  You just never know come this point in the season.
Consolation--Hector over Mountainburg

Girls:
J.C Westside
Hector
Quitman
Hackett

Finals--Westside over Quitman
Consolation--Hector over Hackett

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Rackjack74 on February 23, 2016, 12:20:17 pm

Bigelow beat hector twice....that was my reasoning for not going homer with that pick

Rackjack74

Quote from: HF on February 23, 2016, 12:24:13 pm
Bigelow beat hector twice....that was my reasoning for not going homer with that pick

Understood.  I like both teams and that they are representing the 4E is awesome.  Bigelow had beat Academics Plus twice in regular season and got stung in district semis.  Like I said, you never know this time of year.  No offense intended to anyone at all.  Just saying that if any team I've seen this year, that's in the regional, can beat Bigelow I think it will be Hector.  Best of luck to every team in the tourney.

razorsharp94

I think it is entirely possible that the East sweeps the West in this region.  Lisa Academy will give Eureka a look they have not seen yet.  They are very athletic.  Not greatly skilled but they can get to the rack.  I believe other than the Eureka v Lisa game all the East teams will prevail.  Bigelow v Hector semis will be the defacto championship game.  I think both teams could make a run in state. 

HorseFeathers

Is eureka springs gonna be able to make it today?

STATGUYQHS

Best of Luck to all Teams. Safe Travels and enjoy our new Gym! Good Luck Lady Bulldogs! ;D

Rackjack74

First game of tourney
Girls
JC Westside 14
Bigelow 6
End of first

Rackjack74

Girls
JC Westside 23
Bigelow 16
Half

Rackjack74

Girls
JC Westside 39
Bigelow 22
End of 3rd

Rackjack74

Girls
JC Westside 56
Bigelow 26
Final

Rackjack74

Boys
Eureka Springs 15
Lisa Academy 5
End of 1st

Rackjack74

Boys
Eureka Springs 26
Lisa Academy 20
Half

Rackjack74

Boys
Eureka Springs 43
Lisa Academy 35
End of 3rd

Rackjack74

Boys
Eureka Springs 62
Lisa Academy 52
Final

Rackjack74

Girls
Quitman 8
Mountainburg 2
End of first

Rackjack74

Girls
Quitman 25
Mountainburg 6
Half

Rackjack74

Girls
Quitman 38
Mountaiburg 17
End of 3rd

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Rackjack74 on February 24, 2016, 06:42:37 pm
Boys
Eureka Springs 62
Lisa Academy 52
Final

Reggie Sanchez for eureka had 42 pts

Rackjack74

Girls
Quitman 51
Mountaiburg 23
Final

Rackjack74

Boys
Hector 12
Magazine 11
End of first

Rackjack74

Boys
Hector 28
Magazine 24
Half

Rackjack74

Where's the big boy from Hector that can jump out of the gym?

Rackjack74

Boys
Hector 38
Magazine 37
End of 3rd

Rackjack74

Boys
Hector 56
Magazine 54
Final

Great game

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Rackjack74 on February 24, 2016, 09:45:03 pm
Boys
Hector 56
Magazine 54
Final

Great game

Thanks for the updates....

wiseguy

Quote from: Rackjack74 on February 24, 2016, 09:08:50 pm
Where's the big boy from Hector that can jump out of the gym?
He's in Colorado, grandmother passed away.

Rackjack74

Quote from: wiseguy on February 24, 2016, 10:17:02 pm
He's in Colorado, grandmother passed away.

Yes. I asked around and found out. My condolences to him and his family. They said he found out after the district championship win. Glad they won.

AT

Rackjack, thanks for all the updates. They were very much appreciated from me and I'm guessing from a lot of other people too. It's awesome when people help keep us informed when they have no reason to.

Do you think you'll be able to update the next few days?

razorsharp94

If Hector is winning without Tanner Gaines that's big for them.  Gaines is a stud!

Rackjack74

Quote from: razorsharp94 on February 25, 2016, 08:05:10 am
If Hector is winning without Tanner Gaines that's big for them.  Gaines is a stud!

Yes, that's the kid I was asking about. He's very athletic to say the least.

Rackjack74

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 25, 2016, 07:47:06 am
Rackjack, thanks for all the updates. They were very much appreciated from me and I'm guessing from a lot of other people too. It's awesome when people help keep us informed when they have no reason to.

Do you think you'll be able to update the next few days?

I'm here tonight. I'll give score updates for every game I'm at.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas