• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL BULLDOG REPORT: Championship Saturday for the Nation

Started by NEark tigers, February 20, 2016, 09:10:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NEark tigers

After two grueling games featuring the senior girls ans senior boys last evening, the Earle Bulldogs find themselves on the biggest stage. Championship Day at the district tournament awaits.

First, the senior girls defeated the defending league and state champion Marmaduke, 63-56, in one semifinal. Roshala Scott made the biggest impact for the Lady Bulldogs, as she tallied 24 points, 8 rebounds, 6 steals, and 4 assists in her second game since moving up from the championship junior team. The Lady Bulldogs will now play EPC for the title.

As for the senior boys, who were coming into the game with a perfect regular season, knew that EPC would play them totally different, and they did for the first half. They decided to stall the game and slow the pace. EPC led 7-5 after the first, but Earle led at the half, 23-18. But Earle led the rest of the way, holding off EPC for the 52-43 victory. The Bulldogs will now face the tournament host and second seed Marked Tree.

Pit Bull

ISU7

NEark tigers

Earle.    54
EPC.      43

FINAL

Earle: First conference tournament championship since 1993

Mr. Trill

Mr. Trill

Mr. Trill

Mr. Trill

Mr. Trill

mrkingark

Im just glad to see 4 Football schools in top 4 on boys side! Being in a conference with non-footballers, they have a head start...But cream rises to the top!

Mr. Trill

Mr. Trill

Mr. Trill

Mr. Trill

Mr. Trill

MT 49 47 End of 3rd.
MT got away with a travel before buzzer and #25 of Earle fouled out

Mr. Trill

NeaBaller21

NEark tigers

Anything contested by MT offense will get the benefit of a doubt...

MT 57
Earle 51

5:12 left in 4th

Mr. Trill

Mr. Trill

Mr. Trill

NEark tigers

ISU7

Quote from: Mr. Trill on February 20, 2016, 05:48:23 pm
I will post scores if no one else does
Thanks Mr. Thrill congrats too Marked tree, big win over the #1- 2A team in the State.

mtindian42

Pit Bull

That whistle was hot tonight but congrats Marked Tree, you guys did enough to win it....

NEark tigers

First and foremost, congrats to the Lady Bulldogs for capturing the 2016 2A-3 Championship...JOB WELL DONE!!!!!!

Congrats to Marked Tree for their win tonight, saying it loosely....

I'm not making any excuses, but the game could have been better officiated than what I seen tonight.

Let's go Bulldog Nation, and prepare for next week at the regionals.

Mr. Trill

Officiating was good to me except for like 2-3 whistles. The worst thing that happen was when the center  (MT) traveled so easily and made the layup.

mtindian42

You lost. we won. move on...we beat you when it counted... If we see you again this year. We will beat you again. 👍

Pit Bull

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 21, 2016, 10:38:58 am
You lost. we won. move on...we beat you when it counted... If we see you again this year. We will beat you again. 👍

On a neutral court you will get beat 15.... Remember that's 1 of 3 and your trash talking...

mtindian42

Yep. Cause you get better as the year goes on... I gusse mt is 9 points better then Earle when it counts the most...👍

NEark tigers

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 21, 2016, 12:22:16 pm
Yep. Cause you get better as the year goes on... I gusse mt is 9 points better then Earle when it counts the most...👍
And the Nation was 30 points better back in December, and about 30 points better back in October during football season. Just sayin...

mtindian42

mtindian42

Oh yeah I allmost for got... What was I thinking? We our DISTRICT CHAMPS!!!

You can have your meaningless 30 point victory

We will take our victory over you and our trophy that comes with it...we our the kings of this district!

Pit Bull

Really you guys played well on your home court, had some shots falling last night that made a big difference but I definitely wouldn't be bragging after knowing how lopsided the calls were last night....

Dogg

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 21, 2016, 01:56:43 pm
Oh yeah I allmost for got... What was I thinking? We our DISTRICT CHAMPS!!!

You can have your meaningless 30 point victory

We will take our victory over you and our trophy that comes with it...we our the kings of this district!
You are not district champs. Your are the conference tournament champs. Earle is the conference champs. Earle was overdue for a flat game. MT just played better. When you go undefeated in conference you are gonna have an off night and Earle did. If MT wins a state title then you will have won when it counts.
Just remember Earle has won 7 times when it counted. 

Dogg

Pit Bull

I just reviewed the game again, short ref with the gray salt/pepper hair blew his whistle on every (I mean every) contested shot against Marked Tree, it's like he couldn't wait to blow it before any contact was made. He's so obvious. Where did you guys get him from? I thought the other ref was worst but after looking at this over he completely gave y'all the game at the line.... Terrible way to win MT.... Pitiful

mtindian42

Nea made this thread to gloat and say I told you so and to brag about how great Earle is and yada yada...

He was so sure Earle had this in the bag.......

And then it happen... The great Earle lost!

Don't ever ever wright off the Indians...or you will lose👍

birddawg1986

Earle is still the #1 team in the state. Just one game but it was good for MTs confidence going forward. If you think whistles flew in the TREE,  Earle will have 10 fouls before they leave Crittenden County heading to Imboden on Thursday. I promise you tick-tack will be called and body language will be T'ed. They will be out for the ole 2 3A conference.

TeamTiger

Actually Brinkley is the #1 team in the state according to the Arkansas Democrat Gazette.  8)

Pit Bull

Yea we know about those body language "T's," got one up in the tree Saturday night, plus every other foul that you can imagine... I just don't understand how a team can feel good about winning like that... But hey, it is what it is, of our 7 titles they were all uncheatable teams, Bulldogs will have to toughen up to complete this journey because people have no conscious about winning the wrong way...

Pit Bull

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 22, 2016, 07:29:17 am
Nea made this thread to gloat and say I told you so and to brag about how great Earle is and yada yada...

He was so sure Earle had this in the bag.......

And then it happen... The great Earle lost!

Don't ever ever wright off the Indians...or you will lose👍

Trust me I would give the credit if this was a good Marked Tree team because I've seen and played against "Great" Marked Tree Teams, but this team isn't one. They are ok but not good or great in comparison to past squads, your edge Saturday was the officials and we'll see how far that takes you...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Excuses, excuses,  always excuses.  You got beat on the score board.  Move along and worry about regionals.

bdubyab60

If they are not good or great then how did they play you guys within 3 points at the pound? While I dont think they are great they are a solid team and play team ball.

Whats hurting Earle is #35 is no longer on the team. He was a difference maker. Also talked with Earle coach before the EPC game and he was worried about officials. You cant worry about officials before the game even starts. Cause then it doesnt matter if the call is right or wrong its wrong in your eyes before it even happens.

Murray wasnt the only one either. During the EPC game with Earle I had to move to the other end of the court. Overheard Duke coach giving an interview on the Earle/Duke girls game. It went something like this, no its not exact words.

You know this was a tough one but these officials. We battled but hese officials. The officials dictated the pace of the game. Blah, blah, officials, officals, officials and so on it went for about 5 minutes. No to mention what some of the fans said during the game. This from a game where in the first half Earle had more fouls than Duke and they still werent getting enough calls. Then in the second half the fouls were fairly even until the fouling to send folks to the line. The rest of the calls didnt seem lopsided to me either but I didnt count those.

Just for notes
In the pound earlier this year EPC was in a fairly tight ballgame with Earle fo rmost of the game. 14 or 15 straight fouls were called on EPC.

We also had another game we played where one player hit 23 freethows against us. Thats hit 23 freethrows against. While we only took 12.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

My thoughts on Earle since they came back down to 2A  (I know my opinion doesn't mean crap, but it's what I see).

They are world beaters (in both football and basketball) in preseason and regular season. Then when it's actually time to beat "the world" and they fail. Then the excuses start flowing like river water or their posters just dissappear. It's never "we just got beat by the better team tonight". Always someone else's fault.

Maybe yall should move back up to 3A where the competition is "tougher" where you can actually win something.

patriot15

The officials were terrible the whole tournament, that's just a fact. Marked Tree has a good team and I think Earle might have underestimated them and was not as focused as they should have been. But for u to suggest that Earle does not have a championship caliber team is ridiculous. When u get in a tournament it only take an off night and u can get beat, that doesn't mean that your not a good team.

I don't think the fans feel that they are "world beaters" but like most fans they feel like they have the best team and they have been really good for a while, that's just a fact. The semi finals and the finals of most tournaments can usually go either way and the team with the best players don't always win.   

Marked Tree was a better TEAM Saturday night.

Congrats to the Indians

Bigtimebasketballfan

Just wait...since Earle couldnt win the district with who is on the team they will show up with two new starters nobody has ever heard of at regionals lol.  Happens every year

Pit Bull

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 22, 2016, 09:21:39 am
Excuses, excuses,  always excuses.  You got beat on the score board.  Move along and worry about regionals.

Please stay out our trash talking segment, we are attempting to fuel up and regenerate a rivalry that has lost some tanacity from the days of old because of Bulldog dominance and to be honest it's great to see the competitiveness return. So please but out while I think of more excuses to fuel this fire... We live for competition in BBall buddy and if you think by any means we are shooked by losing to the Indians on their home court you must have no idea how bad we're are going to spank their tail next time out.... Lol

mtindian42

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas