• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Coaches

Started by Old school, February 19, 2016, 01:18:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

groundgame

Wow if your right and he is not being considered for the job after the job he did this year why would anyone go there to coach?

JCWLADYREBELDAD

If this is true it shows what a poor school board and administration have.

Interestingcall

Or it just means he didnt put in for the job so there for he wouldnt get an interview. Idk just my opinion

groundgame

no he put in for it!

JCWLADYREBELDAD

Quote from: bowl08 on March 31, 2016, 10:21:34 pm
Or it just means he didnt put in for the job so there for he wouldnt get an interview. Idk just my opinion
He put in for it and really wanted it. He deserves to get them after the job he did this past season. He won conference coach of the year for both the jr girls and Sr girls and the Ft Smith Radio group named him Arkansas Sr Girls Coach of the Year for all divisions in the state, 1A - 7A. So there is no way he doesn't deserve it and the girls wrote a letter to the administration and school board stating he is who they want. But apparently it doesn't matter what the kids want to this administration. It appears that have their own personal agenda and the kids feelings aren't part of it and aren't important to them.

Missco

Wow, that's is  bad when Adult's put their wants in front of what's best for the kid's.

candy

Didn't there jr girls and sr girls win there conf and there district tournaments !

JCWLADYREBELDAD

Yes and that is exactly what is happening here.

JCWLADYREBELDAD

Yes, they both won their conference championships and district tournaments. The Sr. Girls finished 2nd in regionals and made it to the quarter finals of the state tournament.

candy

Wow not right we would take him !

groundgame

Just found out that the Girls coach at Westside that was the interim coach this year, and wanted the job for next year, but hasn't been offered the job has been named to the West Girls All Star Staff.

sports_lover

April 14, 2016, 03:44:28 pm #111 Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 12:20:18 am by sports_lover
The Johnson County Westside school board minutes are posted on the school's website. According to the minutes from April 12: "Motion was made...to hire Karra Busch as a coach (basketball head coach Sr.  Girls, Jr. Girls, and 7th grade girls, assistant boys basketball coach, head coach golf, and assistant softball coach) for the 2016-17 school year...

groundgame

He was Co coach of the year in sr girls with coach foster from hackett both well deserve .didn't want hackett people going crazy.

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: sports_lover on April 14, 2016, 03:44:28 pm
The Johnson County Westside school board minutes are posted on the school's website. According to the minutes from April 12: "Motion was made...to hire Karra Busch as a coach (basketball head coach Sr.  Girls, Jr. Girls, and 7th grade girls, assistant boys basketball coach, head coach golf, and assistant softball coach) for the 2016-17 school year...

She currently is the Head Girls (Jr & Sr) Basketball, Volleyball and I think Softball coach at Yellville-Summit

JCWLADYREBELDAD

Quote from: sports_lover on April 14, 2016, 03:44:28 pm

Listed below are the accomplishments of the 2015-16 JCW Lady Rebels under the direction of Coach Shannon McBee:
Record 28-5
Conference Record 14-0
Conference Champions
District Tournament Champions
Regional Runner-up
State Quarter Final Qualifier
The Jr. Girls also won the conference and district tournament championships.

Coach McBee received the following awards from his peers:
Jr. Girls Conference Coach of the Year
Sr. Girls Conference Coach of the Year (Co along with Coach Foster from Hackett)
Ft. Smith Radio Group Sr. Girls State Coach of the Year 1A - 7A
Named to the Sr. Girls State All-Star Staff

I personally want to congratulate all of the girls and  Coach McBee for these accomplishments. Coach McBee took these girls during a difficult time and never hesitated to lead them in the right direction. After the season was over the girls sent a letter to the administration and board requesting that he be appointed as their coach for next year. You would think with all they had accomplished and all the awards he had earned that this is what would have happened, but instead, our superintendent decided to recommend someone else for this position and the school board, instead of representing these girls that wanted Coach McBee, they chose to turn their backs on these girls that have done so much for this school and go along with the superintendent and voted unanimously to hire the new coach. What a shame.

Coach McBee will be sadly missed. Besides being a great coach he is a great person. He was rehired at our school for another position but has chosen to continue his coaching at another school. Who can blame him for not wanting to continue to work under this superintendent and school board. I want to wish him good luck in his new job and let him know that he will be missed not only by the girls but also but a group of parents that know he was there for our children and what was best for them.

All this being said, in no way do I mean any disrespect to Coach Karra Busch, who has been hired as the new girls coach. I know that she was just looking for an opportunity. I hope that she can come in here and have great success because that means our girls have had great success. I will continue to support our Lady Rebels and will support Coach Busch. Go Lady Rebels!!!

b-ball fan

Where was McBee hired? Best of luck to him and the new coach

Head Lion

Quote from: JCWLADYREBELDAD on April 19, 2016, 04:54:21 pm
Listed below are the accomplishments of the 2015-16 JCW Lady Rebels under the direction of Coach Shannon McBee:
Record 28-5
Conference Record 14-0
Conference Champions
District Tournament Champions
Regional Runner-up
State Quarter Final Qualifier
The Jr. Girls also won the conference and district tournament championships.

Coach McBee received the following awards from his peers:
Jr. Girls Conference Coach of the Year
Sr. Girls Conference Coach of the Year (Co along with Coach Foster from Hackett)
Ft. Smith Radio Group Sr. Girls State Coach of the Year 1A - 7A
Named to the Sr. Girls State All-Star Staff

I personally want to congratulate all of the girls and  Coach McBee for these accomplishments. Coach McBee took these girls during a difficult time and never hesitated to lead them in the right direction. After the season was over the girls sent a letter to the administration and board requesting that he be appointed as their coach for next year. You would think with all they had accomplished and all the awards he had earned that this is what would have happened, but instead, our superintendent decided to recommend someone else for this position and the school board, instead of representing these girls that wanted Coach McBee, they chose to turn their backs on these girls that have done so much for this school and go along with the superintendent and voted unanimously to hire the new coach. What a shame.

Coach McBee will be sadly missed. Besides being a great coach he is a great person. He was rehired at our school for another position but has chosen to continue his coaching at another school. Who can blame him for not wanting to continue to work under this superintendent and school board. I want to wish him good luck in his new job and let him know that he will be missed not only by the girls but also but a group of parents that know he was there for our children and what was best for them.

All this being said, in no way do I mean any disrespect to Coach Karra Busch, who has been hired as the new girls coach. I know that she was just looking for an opportunity. I hope that she can come in here and have great success because that means our girls have had great success. I will continue to support our Lady Rebels and will support Coach Busch. Go Lady Rebels!!!
+1

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

One name keeps coming up when I ask about a new Coach for BIC.     Middlebrooks 

NWA Hawg

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on April 20, 2016, 08:52:24 am
One name keeps coming up when I ask about a new Coach for BIC.     Middlebrooks

Heck it's been open for a couple months now. They ought to have something figured out.

OB11

Quote from: fann07 on April 20, 2016, 08:54:21 am
Heck it's been open for a couple months now. They ought to have something figured out.

Yeah I figured there would be something more definite at this point.  Only thing I can think of is that they're waiting until the end of the school year to see if anyone else may have some interest in the job.

Oldref

Figure Middlebrooks will take the BIC job now that Highland hired Salem's coach. Hear he was very interested in Highland but it didn't work out for him.

JCWLADYREBELDAD

April 21, 2016, 07:44:43 pm #121 Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 09:39:38 pm by JCWLADYREBELDAD
Congratulations to the JCW Lady Rebels and Coach McBee for winning a share of the softball conference championship and clinching the #1 seed in the district tournament.

JCWLADYREBELDAD

April 21, 2016, 08:16:59 pm #122 Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 09:42:09 pm by JCWLADYREBELDAD
Good luck to the Lady Rebels in the district tournament.

birddawg1986

Quote from: Oldref on April 20, 2016, 07:05:28 pm
Figure Middlebrooks will take the BIC job now that Highland hired Salem's coach. Hear he was very interested in Highland but it didn't work out for him.
Seen in the Jonesboro Sun today Middlebrooks is officially the new BIC coach.

candy

Westside wins another conf title man they got it going !!!!!

Head Lion

Quote from: birddawg1986 on April 22, 2016, 07:30:17 am
Anyone have any idea who will take over the baseball program?

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

I heard they are going after J-Mac from Manila.  :D

Head Lion

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on April 25, 2016, 11:38:02 am
I heard they are going after J-Mac from Manila.  :D
That sucker is over the hill & way way out of date!

redrider30

if J-Mac left Manila they wouldn't have anyone to lock the gates coming into town everynight and unlock them in the mornings. Lol.

OB11

Quote from: Head Lion on April 23, 2016, 10:05:39 am

Anyone heard anything on this? 

birddawg1986

I was told yesterday that it was going to be filled internal.

birddawg1986

Quote from: Head Lion on April 23, 2016, 10:05:39 am
The Vilonia BB job has came open I heard, and that they were going to peruse Middlebrooks (alma mater).

Hustler_Pride

Vilonia baseball or basketball?

birddawg1986

Hustler_Pride

Any idea where Coach Goers went?

brock

Quote from: birddawg1986 on April 29, 2016, 11:28:25 am
The Vilonia BB job has came open I heard, and that they were going to peruse Middlebrooks (alma mater).

I'm pretty sure Middlebrooks went to Viola not Vilonia.

Oldref

Quote from: brock on April 29, 2016, 07:36:24 pm

I'm pretty sure Middlebrooks went to Viola not Vilonia.
Middlebrooks played at Viola. I have heard that job might be open and Cave City is also still open. I could see him wanting either of those jobs. He might never make it to BIC.

bdog32

It's a girls position open at viola.  The 3a thread under rose bud days moss coached girls at viola.

bdog32

And I don't think there is anyway viola can match bic in talent and salary.  And both those are important to coaches I'd think.  I bet he stays firm on his commitment to the mustangs. 

bdubyab60

Ok I'm confused in matching salaries. Talent I can understand. But if you are a coach at a 2A school aren't they slotted a certain amount for salary, then bonuses allotted for bus driving and so on. Technically state employees.

I mean these aren't free agents and it's just the higher the classification the more you can make.

I just ask because my moms a teacher makes the same base salary as some of our coaches and then the coaches get the coaching perks.

bdog32

Depends on the contract lenhth.  Most teachers get paid for 9 months I believe.  Most school put their coaches on extended month contracts.  And then the extra pay for coaching.  And the more years in the job the more you make.   All that is variable from school to school

Oldref

Quote from: bdog32 on April 29, 2016, 09:53:49 pm
And I don't think there is anyway viola can match bic in talent and salary.  And both those are important to coaches I'd think.  I bet he stays firm on his commitment to the mustangs.
While salary and talent are considerations there is always that desire to come home for some coaches. I just don't see BIC job as that great of a position these days. They do have decent talent the next couple of years but after that it isn't that great. And the chances of winning that conference with Earle around isn't really good either. You may be right and he comes to BIC. Just saying until he signs a contract he could change his mind for another position.

OB11

Pierce to Blytheville is now official.

Head Lion

Quote from: bdubyab60 on April 29, 2016, 11:07:30 pm
Ok I'm confused in matching salaries. Talent I can understand. But if you are a coach at a 2A school aren't they slotted a certain amount for salary, then bonuses allotted for bus driving and so on. Technically state employees.

I mean these aren't free agents and it's just the higher the classification the more you can make.

I just ask because my moms a teacher makes the same base salary as some of our coaches and then the coaches get the coaching perks.
Bdub, there are big differences in contracts. Some schools put coaches on 10,11 or 12 month contract. 2 months of extra salary is average around $12k and if you ask said coach to work year round and go to all these team camps, should they not get paid for it? Our school is trying to compete with schools who "recruit", private schools and such. The only possible way to have success with average talent is to outwork other people. To stay on topic there can be $15-$20k difference in salary between schools just 15 miles apart, plus how the state figures on retirement is even more money.

biglion1985

Oliver which pierce are you talking about

Silky Johnson

OB11

Quote from: biglion1985 on May 01, 2016, 06:13:05 pm
Oliver which pierce are you talking about

Yes Mckenzie (spelling?) Pierce. He was at EPC last year.

Head Lion

Quote from: birddawg1986 on April 22, 2016, 07:30:17 am
I just saw a Longhorn symbol on his FB page???

Real deal

Quote from: Head Lion on May 02, 2016, 11:52:35 am
I just saw a Longhorn symbol on his FB page???

Would be a smart move on his part!!  Hope its true

Oldref

Just heard BIC still going to be looking for a new coach. Never really thought middlebrooks wanted the job to start with and it looks like he has found another position he liked better.  Just never know how things will shake out these days. Stay tuned

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas