• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-6 District Tournament Palestine-Wheatley

Started by MomaLion, February 16, 2016, 12:40:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MomaLion

jbtiger73

MomaLion

Tigerpride37

Congratulations !! TIGERS

District Champs !!

Cheek

Boys

England vs Augusta
Mr Ida. vs  Clarendon
Magnet Cove vs  Kipp Delta
CMS. vs.  Brinkley

Girls

Mt Pine. vs. Augusta
England  vs Brinkley
Poyen vs. Clarendon
Magnet Cove vs. Carlisle

Thoughts?

MomaLion

I really haven't followed much from the 5 so I can't make any predictions.

mtindian42

Bildo

Cheek

Girls

The only teams form the 5 that played the 6 were England and Poyen playing Carlisle.  Poyen beat Carlisle by a few at Carlisle and England won easly at Lonoke Tour.   I would give the advantage to the 5 in all games.   The only toss up game should be Magnet Cove /Carlisle. 

Boys

The only game between the 5 and 6 was Brinkley beat England at home by six.  I think all games could be close except the Brinkley / Cutter game.  I think the toughest game will be between Clarendon and Mt Ida.  The winner depends on how bad MI's point guard hurt his ankle aganist England. 

MomaLion

BigLion10

Yea if you can't make threes you're in for a long night against Mt Ida good lord they can shoot the light out lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Sleep on Augusta boys and England will be starting baseball sooner than wanted. They definitely look the part of a good basketball team. If you get them down early, you will win, let them hang around or lead, will be a close game.

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 21, 2016, 10:00:20 am
Sleep on Augusta boys and England will be starting baseball sooner than wanted. They definitely look the part of a good basketball team. If you get them down early, you will win, let them hang around or lead, will be a close game.

I agree,  England will have a tough first round game.   

Pick_DA_EAGLES

The teams from the 6 do have one advantage over the teams from the 5, they have all played in hazen's new gym. It is BRIGHT in there, the wood on the floor is almost white. Then there is the parking issue for the fans. But I could possibly have a couple spots open for a few of you guys within 2 blocks from the gym door.   ;D ;D

Basketballfan21

Carlisle girls have been magnet cove already twice by double digits.
Augusta and England should be a good one.

Cheek

Quote from: Basketballfan21 on February 21, 2016, 12:38:10 pm
Carlisle girls have been magnet cove already twice by double digits.
Augusta and England should be a good one.

Carlisle has played Magnet Cove this season? 

Cheek

February 21, 2016, 03:07:11 pm #116 Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 03:25:35 pm by Cheek
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 21, 2016, 11:11:11 am
The teams from the 6 do have one advantage over the teams from the 5, they have all played in hazen's new gym. It is BRIGHT in there, the wood on the floor is almost white. Then there is the parking issue for the fans. But I could possibly have a couple spots open for a few of you guys within 2 blocks from the gym door.   ;D ;D

Yep,  they have played one more game then the 5.   As long as the goals are still 10 feet high, we will be alright . 

lou3130

Magnet Cove has not played Carlisle this year. Unless you are counting preseason camps. They may have played each other then.

Bildo

Carlisle has played Magnet in the summer camps but that should not be anything to base this matchup off of imo. Magnet is well coached and playing well. Should have beat England in the district tournament but succumbed to the press late. Didn't look like they have much of a bench, only played six when they played England in the semis.

Cheek

Quote from: Bildo on February 21, 2016, 08:26:56 pm
Carlisle has played Magnet in the summer camps but that should not be anything to base this matchup off of imo. Magnet is well coached and playing well. Should have beat England in the district tournament but succumbed to the press late. Didn't look like they have much of a bench, only played six when they played England in the semis.

I agree,  MC played way above their head aganist England. 

twentyfour

February 21, 2016, 10:18:00 pm #120 Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 01:21:18 pm by wormy24
Magnet Cove should have won against England

MomaLion

Carlisle will have them in foul trouble early.

twentyfour

Who do you see pulling out the win. That have played once this year in team camp when Magnet got that win. This don't count for much.

Basketballfan21

Carlisle will win if they play the way they are suppose to.

MomaLion

Ventman

Quote from: Cheek on February 21, 2016, 10:14:12 am
I agree,  England will have a tough first round game.
Augusta defiantly looks good but England should win this game.

Basketballfan21

keohog

Quote from: Basketballfan21 on February 22, 2016, 03:07:28 pm
I think so also

2A Basketball / Re: 2A girls 2015 - 2016
« on: November 13, 2015, 05:12:50 pm »
Carlisle Sr.girls will challenge England! Should be a good one.

Quote You also thought this.

Ventman

I think Carlisle can play with MC but they are going to have to play very well. Gonna have to play some very solid D and not turn the ball over to have a chance to win but they can do it. Play hard Lady Bison!

bigworm

Carlisle may have an edge being close to home and having played in hazen. Who knows. Should be a good game.

JAGS60

February 22, 2016, 08:09:53 pm #131 Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 08:11:33 pm by JAGS60
Quote from: ZebraStripes on February 20, 2016, 11:24:27 am
As a basketball official who has been to McCrory, there is not a better coach McCrory could have. Coach West has given McCrory girls basketball a chance to to be again. To call for his job is stupid on your part. Go ahead and go back to winning maybe 3 games year in an year out just like in the past. Mistakes happen, ask any coach, official, anyone involved in sports. Don't call for a man's job who has done so much for that program, and so much for the youth in McCrory. First mistake in about 25 years, I'd say he's doing a dang good job. His basketball girls love him, so if you haven't seen it up close I'd suggest you check your facts before you go and call for someone's job. You're the type of fan that coaches and officials HATE. Because you know nothing about what's going on. You want to put in your opinion, which is fine, but get it right before you look absolutely stupid like you do now. Don't call someone lazy is you can't even spell out the word are.....
Wow! What has he done? Just because you say your a good coach don't mean you are!  And maybe you need to get get your facts correct there Mr. zebra. I would be mad as heck if I was these girls who worked all year to throw it away because he didn't check or just thought he would get away with it. Check and see how they found out and that will prove that point. I know of several parents who r not happy with him and have had to go to the school because of this so called wonderful person your talking about. And yes in my opinion he should be fired but that by no means they will fire him. Sorry to ruffle your feathers mr. Ref! I bet you r quick to T someone up and enjoy the heck out of it. FYI we don't care about basketball here it's just the off season. Just do your job and don't draw unwanted attention.

MomaLion

Quote from: JAGS60 on February 22, 2016, 08:09:53 pm
Wow! What has he done? Just because you say your a good coach don't mean you are!  And maybe you need to get get your facts correct there Mr. zebra. I would be mad as heck if I was these girls who worked all year to throw it away because he didn't check or just thought he would get away with it. Check and see how they found out and that will prove that point. I know of several parents who r not happy with him and have had to go to the school because of this so called wonderful person your talking about. And yes in my opinion he should be fired but that by no means they will fire him. Sorry to ruffle your feathers mr. Ref! I bet you r quick to T someone up and enjoy the heck out of it. FYI we don't care about basketball here it's just the off season. Just do your job and don't draw unwanted attention.
I bet those girls that worked their butts off to beat PW care about basketball.

Basketballfan21

Keohog only time will tell, you probably thought y'all was going to beat mt.pine also, nothing against them but you fans seem to speak to soon.

Bildo

I wouldn't have much faith in the 6 if I didn't follow them all year. The team that won district lost to two teams from the 5, the 2&3 seeds. But teams have gotten better throughout the year. Take the MC and Mt Pine games against England in the tournament, Magnet had them down till late and Pine beat England after trailing at half. Carlisle has gotten better, we will see if it is enough come Wednesday. I think that Clarendon poses a little problem for Poyen with their athleticism. One thing is for certain, all this will be a mute point come Saturday.

keohog

Quote from: Basketballfan21 on February 23, 2016, 01:56:40 am
Keohog only time will tell, you probably thought y'all was going to beat mt.pine also, nothing against them but you fans seem to speak to soon.
No, I knew it was going to be hard to beat them for the third time this year. MP has a very strong inside game and that's where they wore us out. As for Magnet Cove they may only play 7 or 8 but they are very well Coached and they won't beat themselves.

Cheek

Quote from: Basketballfan21 on February 23, 2016, 01:56:40 am

What do you mean, England fans speak to soon.  No one from England was claiming we would  beat Mt.  Pine, or win it all.  There are a lot of good teams in the state and it will come down to matchups.  England  played a very good Mt. Pine team and lost.  Mt Pine has beaten a lot of quality teams this year and will make some noise in the State Tournament.  England has a target on their back and gets everyone best and especially in our own conference.  What Keohog was referring to was when Carlisle fans and players were talking smack before the Lonoke Tournament.   England had Carlisle down by almost 30 in the first half and did put the sportsmanship on them in the second half.  Does this mean England will do the same the next time we play Carlisle, and the answer is no.  We take it one game  at a time and hope it leads us to Summit Arena.  England has a very good girls team and is very capable of winning it all if we play our best every game. 

Basketballfan21

It's wide open, I'm sure the lady bison have gotten better since December, and yes England has s very good girls team not taking that away from them but nothing will be easy for anyone.

Cheek

Quote from: Basketballfan21 on February 23, 2016, 02:36:32 pm
It's wide open, I'm sure the lady bison have gotten better since December, and yes England has s very good girls team not taking that away from them but nothing will be easy for anyone.

I disagree on it being wide open.  There are few teams what have a better chance than others, but there are a bunch of teams that can put together a run if they get the right matchups.  There will be upsets, but beating four state tournament teams in a row takes more than luck.   

Bildo

England and Mt Pine have the upper hand for sure. Not to speak bad of their opponents in the first round of regionals, but it is essentially a bye for both teams.

ZebraStripes

Quote from: JAGS60 on February 22, 2016, 08:09:53 pm

What has he done? I know for a fact he runs the local youth ministry for all of the youth in McCrory, and he is a very big part of FCA there. He reaches out to help anybody in need of help. Do you know him personally? I am willing to bet no. I have known him since he was at Cross County years ago. You are clearly some salty fan who has it out for him. If the school lets the parents dictate who gets hired and fired, then there is clearly some "soft" school board members. If any administration from McCrory had some balls to stand up to parents and tell them they are backing there coaches, half of the problems would not exist. Parents complain about playing time, then they complain that the coach is "too hard" on them. Parents always think their kid is the next Lebron James, get real.  You seriously can't please anyone, and it's salty parents like you that make a coaches job a nightmare. "It's just off season". You win state in football for the first time in your school's history and you think you are something special?? Tell me when 2aa has kids like AJ Turner, Ken Dixon, and kids of that talent level again like five years ago and then we will talk. It would be completely different if they were winning 20 games a year and going to state. They are not, so I am more than 100% sure that he wasn't playing the player knowing the grades were bad. If the player's grades are bad all you have to do is put them in an academic program call SIP. So if he knew, he would have put the player in the program, and she still would have been eligible. Therefor he wasn't trying to cheat. By the way, I only gave out one Technical foul this season...that was to McCrory.

Lions84

Lions84

Sad to see the run we had to the State tourney end like it did this year.

MomaLion

It's not so bad..we had a lot of really young players and the talent is still there, just needed to reload.  The future is bright  :)

Lions84

Quote from: MomaLion on March 03, 2016, 11:26:06 pm
It's not so bad..we had a lot of really young players and the talent is still there, just needed to reload.  The future is bright  :)

At least we were knocked out by a scoring error this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas