• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-3 in 2015-16

Started by ASURedWolf6, October 12, 2015, 04:39:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ASURedWolf6

Last season before the conferences get completely shaken up. What are your predictions for the girls and boys this year?

I do not know much about the girls. Marmaduke is the defending state champs, but graduated quite a bit. I'd assume they'll be competitive once again. If one team could make a run at knocking off Marmaduke would be Riverside. They are young and are led by Spencer Hoffman. He will get the most out of what he has and what he has a lot of young talent. BIC made the semifinals last year in a down 2A, but they were competitive all year long, scrappy lose a lot to graduation. CC will be typical CC; CRA might not field a team; Earle is young as well and could surprise a lot of people. EPC lost two good guards, not sure what they have back or coming up, same with MT. Rector will be a middle of the pack team that could beat anyone IF everything falls right on a given night.

ASURedWolf6

BOYS

BIC--Expect another good year in Monette. They are loaded with talent and you know what Coach Taylor brings to the table. Lose Pike, but will have players to fill that spot. McFarlin, a sophomore is a tough hand.
CC--CC has been competitive since Phlean got there a couple years ago. They'll be a team that could beat a top tier team every now and a then if the top is having an off night. Sneaky team.
CRA--Had a tough year in their return to 2A. James Scott might have graduated, if not he will be a handful.
Earle--Earle will always have talent. Year in and year out, expect another run at another conference title for the Bulldogs. G. Bohanon is a man child if he's healthy after an injury filled football season.
EPC--Started off rough last year under a first year coach, but I think Pierce has it going in Lepanto. Top to bottom, maybe not as deep as BIC and Earle, but definitely has the star power with D. Barnes and X. Reed back.
MT--I never can tell with Marked Tree. D. Griffin is one of the top guards in the league, but they always surprise me by not being as good as they could be. Middle of the pack play, potential to be a dark horse contender.
Marmaduke--New era in coaching at Marmaduke, which doesn't happen very often. Coach Ward from Armorel comes back to his alma mater, however, loses an all-stater. Middle of the pack year for the Greyhounds.
Rector--Rector is scrappy, always going to play hard night in and night out. Physically aren't the most intimidating team, but make up for it by playing hard. Coach Mills gets the most out of his kids every year, interesting to see how they pan out.
Riverside--Riverside is like Rector. They always fight, they come by it honestly as Buster is back for his 1000th year it seems like. Good coach, always seems to have Riverside lingering around every year.

Football is winding down towards the second half of their season, about time for the roundball to start bouncing. Good luck to all of the football teams in this conference! See y'all in November.

MikelB

Quote from: ASURedWolf235 on October 12, 2015, 04:39:33 pm
Last season before the conferences get completely shaken up. What are your predictions for the girls and boys this year?

I do not know much about the girls. Marmaduke is the defending state champs, but graduated quite a bit. I'd assume they'll be competitive once again. If one team could make a run at knocking off Marmaduke would be Riverside. They are young and are led by Spencer Hoffman. He will get the most out of what he has and what he has a lot of young talent. BIC made the semifinals last year in a down 2A, but they were competitive all year long, scrappy lose a lot to graduation. CC will be typical CC; CRA might not field a team; Earle is young as well and could surprise a lot of people. EPC lost two good guards, not sure what they have back or coming up, same with MT. Rector will be a middle of the pack team that could beat anyone IF everything falls right on a given night.

Heard MT was down to 4 girls under the new coach, can anyone confirm?

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

BIC Ladies will be re-building going to be young & take some lumps.
BIC Men will be fun to watch .. not very big but very fast & bench depth should be good .. Will live or die by the 3 ball as usual.   Ready to watch some Mustang Basketball !

RedWolf275

Riverside girls return three all conference players. They should be at or very near the top.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

The State Championship has been put in the Trophy case & the Golf clubs put in the bags. Now it is time to get that big round ball out for some Mustang Madness today.  I'm ready for some Mustang Basketball !!!  ;D

ASURedWolf6

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on October 16, 2015, 09:01:25 am
The State Championship has been put in the Trophy case & the Golf clubs put in the bags. Now it is time to get that big round ball out for some Mustang Madness today.  I'm ready for some Mustang Basketball !!!  ;D

Boy y'all are quickly turning into a golf powerhouse! Congrats on another title! Heard the medalist at 2A State was from Rector! Keeping it in the conference is always nice.

birddawg1986

Quote from: MikelB on October 13, 2015, 12:43:33 pm
Quote from: ASURedWolf235 on October 12, 2015, 04:39:33 pm

Heard MT was down to 4 girls under the new coach, can anyone confirm?
I think the other day there was 5. I believe there are about 15 kids playing 7-12th grade

pioneers

I heard that EPC got a transfer in rite before school started and he's a stud if so EPC will be tough to handle with reed and Barnes returning.

bdubyab60

Hearing we have had 12 boys in the gym. 2 transfers one played summer ball with the boys. I've only seen the one kid though 6'1" or so and supposed to be a shooter. Heard the other can jump out the gym.

Looks like we might find out a week or so earlier than usual, doesn't look like we will be making the playoff run in football like we have been making

RedWolf275

Boys
1. EPC
2. Earle
3. Marked Tree
4. BIC
5. Riverside
6. Rector
7. Cross County
8. Marmaduke
9. CRA

Girls
1. Riverside
2. Marmaduke
3. Earle
4. EPC
5. Rector
6. BIC
7. Marked Tree
8. Cross County

Baller_34

Any scores from last night

BoxNOne

Boys

Armorel 49 Riverside 48

Girls

Riverside 65 Armorel 25

Baller_34

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BoxNOne on October 24, 2015, 07:48:02 am
Boys

Armorel 49 Riverside 48

Girls

Riverside 65 Armorel 25

Box,
I went and watched the Sr games
the Lady Rebels looked solid last night , shot the ball extreamly well , especially the first half. A lot of talent coming up for Lady Rebs

BoxNOne

Olfan, I didn't see the game but you are right, the lady rebels are loaded from 8th to 10th grades. There top seven consist of one senior, three sophomores and three freshman. The senior and two of the sophs were all conference last year. Should be some state title runs coming up. We will know more about this years team after they travel to Bay Monday night. Bay is young and talented also.

RedWolf275

I saw the Riverside-Armorel games last night. Couldn't tell much about the lady rebels due to the lack of competition.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: RedWolf275 on October 24, 2015, 08:16:04 pm
I saw the Riverside-Armorel games last night. Couldn't tell much about the lady rebels due to the lack of competition.

Bay game will tell a lot

Silky Johnson

Bay sr girls over riverside 59-38. Sr. Katie Ferguson and Freshman Whitlee Layne both had 22 I think

Head Lion

Quote from: Silky Johnson on October 26, 2015, 08:54:56 pm
Bay sr girls over riverside 59-38. Sr. Katie Ferguson and Freshman Whitlee Layne both had 22 I think
I knew Bay would be stout, but that is a statement win!

chickasaw fan

Statement win?? What does that mean?? Riverside was slow tonight. not very athletic. Hoffman will tighten some things up and they will be fine. It was a 6pt game until 4th quarter. Bay got some open looks and knocked them dn late. Riverside will struggle against speed. But who doesn't.?????? It may take Hoffman a year but that program will be top notch.

BoxNOne

October 27, 2015, 07:02:06 am #21 Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 01:59:20 pm by BoxNOne
To say Riverside was disappointing last night would be a big understatement. Losing to a good Bay team was not the disappointment. It was the way they looked in losing the game. They looked pretty weak tonight. Long way to go.

NEA Razorback olfan

Riverside missed at least 10-12 layups last night.
And free throws. Bay didn't look all that great at times either, but they got rolling in the lady qtr.
Typical early season game , both sides have a lot to improve on.

Oldref

October 27, 2015, 01:33:44 pm #23 Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 01:46:56 pm by Oldref
Bay girls led wire to wire.....score by quarters 18-10, 25-19, 40-30 and final score 59-38. Riverside fouled a lot in fourth quarter trying to catch up but Bay hit free throws and scored more easily against Riverside in the 4th quarter because they had to try to press and gambled more trying to get back into the game.  Riverside came out after halftime and cut the lead to three before Bay went on a scoring run to get the lead back to double figures again. Bay played great defense and made it difficult for Riverside to score all night. Two really talented young teams went at it last night. Bay just seemed to be a half step quicker than Riverside from what I saw. Both teams are going to be fine.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Oldref on October 27, 2015, 01:33:44 pm
Bay girls led wire to wire.....score by quarters 18-10, 25-19, 40-30 and final score 59-38. Riverside fouled a lot in fourth quarter trying to catch up but Bay hit free throws and scored more easily against Riverside in the 4th quarter because they had to try to press and gambled more trying to get back into the game.  Riverside came out after halftime and cut the lead to three before Bay went on a scoring run to get the lead back to double figures again. Bay played great defense and made it difficult for Riverside to score all night. Two really talented young teams went at it last night. Bay just seemed to be a half step quicker than Riverside from what I saw. Both teams are going to be fine.

Agree, on a side not Riverside Jr girls beat Marmaduke 33-31 in the finals of Marmaduke Jr tourney tonight!
Bay's Jr girls have some good talent also!

purplehajj

BoxNOne

Girls last night:

BIC 49 Armorel 39
Marmaduke 63 Bay 61

ab24

How about BIC boys? How they looking?

BoxNOne

I don't think they have played a game yet.

OB11

I was told that the BIC boys don't start playing until about a week into November every year.  Why don't they start up when all the other non-football schools do?

Silky Johnson

last year was the first year they did that. Usually they have the Joe V Jones Classic but that stopped as well. I'm guessing they'd rather practice for a longer period of time before their first game.

OB11

From a coaches perspective I could see wanting to start later.  October to February is a long season.  Maybe saving some games early could pay off later in the year and cut out some fatigue. 

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: BoxNOne on November 03, 2015, 08:31:02 am
I don't think they have played a game yet.
they play Friday &Saturday.. Pangburn Friday & Abundent life Saturday... Saturday 4 games starting at 1.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Silky Johnson on November 03, 2015, 10:02:24 am
last year was the first year they did that. Usually they have the Joe V Jones Classic but that stopped as well. I'm guessing they'd rather practice for a longer period of time before their first game.

Miss the Joe V Jones tip off classic. Always got to see son good early season ballgames.

BoxNOne

Last night:

Boys
Riverside 62 Ridgefield Christian 30
Marmaduke 63 Armorel 55

Girls
Tuckerman 59 BIC 29

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BoxNOne on November 04, 2015, 06:56:08 am
Last night:

Boys
Riverside 62 Ridgefield Christian 30
Marmaduke 63 Armorel 55

Girls
Tuckerman 59 BIC 29

Box,
Our girls will be at Rside 11/13
Both Jr and Sr girls teams looked good at our Red and Black scrimmage.
I don't believe our Jr girls are playing though.
Schedule shows sr b and A teams

BoxNOne

Olfan, my schedule also says Sr A&B. Don't know why it wouldn't be jr high. Would be a good junior high game I think. Lady Rebel sr high will have to step up their play from the Bay game to battle Brookland.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: BoxNOne on November 04, 2015, 08:31:14 am
Olfan, my schedule also says Sr A&B. Don't know why it wouldn't be jr high. Would be a good junior high game I think. Lady Rebel sr high will have to step up their play from the Bay game to battle Brookland.

I believe due to injury we are a lil thin in Sr high
Coaches may get together and switch sr b game to Jr game.
This will be our first sr girls game. Our Jr High will be tested vs Annie Camp in VV tourney.

ridgerunner14

November 04, 2015, 05:50:07 pm #38 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:05:14 pm by ridgerunner14
k

bdubyab60

EPC has a benefit game Saturday around 1 I believe.

NEA Razorback olfan

Box
I heard no sr b game

OB11

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 04, 2015, 09:18:48 am

This will be our first sr girls game. Our Jr High will be tested vs Annie Camp in VV tourney.

Annie Camp girls are going to be tough...very tall, long, and athletic.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 05, 2015, 08:08:26 am
Who are they playing and where at?

bdubyab60

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on November 05, 2015, 12:45:17 pm
Its in lepanto and Im not sure who they are playing.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on November 05, 2015, 10:36:18 am
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 04, 2015, 09:18:48 am

Annie Camp girls are going to be tough...very tall, long, and athletic.

Yep that sounds like them. They are always tough!!
Breaking their press is key. We pulled out a close one last year by 1 or 2 Pts.
Should be a good game Monday night!!

BigLion10

EPC girls comes to England Tuesday night for our benefit game

bdubyab60

I was told tonight it's just going to be a team scrimmage basically.

NEA Razorback olfan

November 05, 2015, 10:04:56 pm #47 Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 10:15:10 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 05, 2015, 10:06:18 am

Box
I heard no sr b game

BoxNOne,
If I heard right it will be changed to 7th, Jr, Sr  Friday 11/13 at Riverside
I believe our Sr girls will start 3 Sophs & 2 Sr's
Should be some good games!!

BoxNOne

The Riverside web site schedule shows that Riverside boys have a 7th,jr and sr scheduled with Manila at home on 11/13. I'll try to find out what's going on.

Silky Johnson

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 05, 2015, 09:29:00 pm
I was told tonight it's just going to be a team scrimmage basically.

so it's the Black and red game  or whatever EPC's colors are specifically? Every time I've seen them play they wore digital camo jerseys

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas