• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 2A-East @ Poyen

Started by 3 Dollar, May 01, 2016, 03:01:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

Should come down to Magnet Cove and McCrory.  But who knows?  I don't!  Don't know a lot about either of these two conferences.

NEASPORTSFAN

Poyen is better than mccrory.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: phstiger on May 01, 2016, 03:16:08 pm
Poyen is better than mccrory.

And you know this how? How many times have they played each other this year? How many common opponents do they have? Have you even watched mccrory play?

New Dawg

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on May 01, 2016, 05:01:43 pm
And you know this how? How many times have they played each other this year? How many common opponents do they have? Have you even watched mccrory play?
I would have to say yes he has seen McCrory play seeing as he is the coach at Pangburn. My guess is that he has also seen Poyen play. Once again it is an opinion that has been stated not fact. They will have to play to determine that. However, his opinion does matter somewhat. His team is pretty dang good.

Sweet

May 01, 2016, 05:46:23 pm #4 Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 05:49:08 pm by Sweet
If in fact Poyen is better than McCrory, Mt. Ida will give McCrory a run for their money.

NEASPORTSFAN

Just my opinion. have seen them both. But......McCrory has a good team. Anything can happen in one game. Also, Hazen has good pitching. Dont count them out. The East region is better this year than it has been in several years.

Sweet

Do we know the seeds from the 6? Ouachita will be the 3 and Mt. Ida the 4 from 5. Magnet Cove and Poyen to play for 1 - 2 Tuesday.

Sweet

Quote from: phstiger on May 01, 2016, 07:22:15 pm
Just my opinion. have seen them both. But......McCrory has a good team. Anything can happen in one game. Also, Hazen has good pitching. Dont count them out. The East region is better this year than it has been in several years.

Hazen lost to Baptist and still considered good?

NEASPORTSFAN

Hazen has a strong pitcher. That equalizes a lot of things.

hornetfanx7

Congratulations to the Hazen Hornets on their District Championship!

Sweet

Is it

Hazen
McCrory
PW
Des Arc?

jabberhog

Hazen
McCrory
PW
Des Arc

And yes Hazen is still good even tho they lost to Baptist the first week of the season.

Sweet

So it's

Winner of MC/Poyen 
Des Arc

McCrory
Ouachita

Hazen
Mt. Ida

Loser MC/Poyen
PW

Sweet

Magnet Cove
Des Arc

McCrory
Ouachita

Hazen
Mt. Ida

Poyen
PW

Sweet

Sweet

Sweet

Sweet

Hootiethehog

Anyone got an update? I'm curious if we're going to get a rematch of the 5-2A District final between Poyen and Magnet Cove.

Sweet

May 06, 2016, 04:06:15 pm #20 Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 04:57:51 pm by Sweet
No.

McCrory 6
Magnet Cove 1

Magnet Cove picked the wrong day to have their worst defensive outing of the season.

Hootiethehog

And last I heard Poyen was up on Hazen 5-0 in the sixth, but I never heard a final

Sweet

NEASPORTSFAN

hornetfanx7

Prayers for the Hazen player that was struck by a foul baseball, while sitting in the dugout.  She was taken by ambulance to Children's.  I believe the final score was 6-1 Poyen.

NEASPORTSFAN

mlt

Prayers for the young lady and her family.

jabberhog

Thanks for the prayers.

We had four players injured in about a ten minute period.  SS took cleats to an ankle.  LF hurt knee trying to beat a throw at first.  Pitcher hurt pinkey finger on pitching hand. And a player sitting in the edge of the dugout was struck by a foul baseball from the baseball field.  Still don't know how it hit her where she was sitting. 

She was taken to Children's and checked out.  Last word I had when we left was that she was going to be released.

Sweet

Magnet Cove 6
Hazen 5 final

HuckleBerry

Quote from: jabberhog on May 06, 2016, 10:45:34 pm
Thanks for the prayers.

We had four players injured in about a ten minute period.  SS took cleats to an ankle.  LF hurt knee trying to beat a throw at first.  Pitcher hurt pinkey finger on pitching hand. And a player sitting in the edge of the dugout was struck by a foul baseball from the baseball field.  Still don't know how it hit her where she was sitting. 

She was taken to Children's and checked out.  Last word I had when we left was that she was going to be released.

NEASPORTSFAN

I heard mccrory beat poyen. Wow!

HuckleBerry

Marmaduke Lady Greyhounds are praying for the young ladies from Hazen! Hoping for a quick recovery!

Midlandsoftball

How is Poyen's pitcher? Speed and movement?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas