• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

13 Years!!!!!

Started by -Painted Fan-, March 05, 2008, 11:14:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Painted Fan-

March 2, 1995.  I remember it like it was yesterday.
They found a tumor in my colon.  I had a colonectomy (they removed over 5 feet!), then went through 13 months of chemo.
I thank God everyday for the gift of life, for my family and friends, for just to be able to get out of bed.  Sometimes we take the little things for granted.  We think those around us will be there forever.  Don't be afraid or ashamed to tell those closest to us that we love them, and how much they mean to us.
In closing, let me share this story:
The day before I had the colonectomy surgery, my pastor came to see me.  I was scared to death.  I had just had a report that I had the "C" word, and that I needed surgery.  I will never forget what he told me.  He said he had a dream that he was in my hospital room, and the word "CANCER" was on the wall.  Suddenly, the "R" started to crumble and fall to the floor.  In its' place was an "L", for "CANCEL".
13 YEARS!  Thank you God!

DB

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on March 05, 2008, 11:14:57 pm
They found a tumor in my colon.  I had a colonectomy (they removed over 5 feet!), then went through 13 months of chemo.
I thank God everyday for the gift of life, for my family and friends, for just to be able to get out of bed.  Sometimes we take the little things for granted.  We think those around us will be there forever.  Don't be afraid or ashamed to tell those closest to us that we love them, and how much they mean to us.
The day before I had the colonectomy surgery, my pastor came to see me.  I was scared to death.  I had just had a report that I had the "C" word, and that I needed surgery.  I will never forget what he told me.  He said he had a dream that he was in my hospital room, and the word "CANCER" was on the wall.  Suddenly, the "R" started to crumble and fall to the floor.  In its' place was an "L", for "CANCEL".

Good read! +1

Now let me ask you something.  Your Pastors dream?  Do you think God gave him the dream that he might have faith and that your faith might grow because of it?  Or, do you think the dream was purely your pastor's subconscious and that it gave him a starting point for his faith?

Either way, you are fortunate to have a pastor that cares enough about his flock to be having dreams about them.

Drama Mama ™

Great post and a very moving story .  Happy 13 , and here's to many , many more. 

The Reality is back...

Congratulations, dude, my moms been 2 years off Breast Cancer...so...you know....we're connected.

-Painted Fan-

Thanks to all.
As for the dream, hey, all I know is that it's something that has stuck with me, and helped me through some very rough times.  I even had an air-brushed T-shirt made that says CANCER, has the R crossed out, and an L above it.  I wear it to the National Cancer Survivor's Day celebration, which is the first weekend in June.
Cancer is something that effects everyone.  It doesn't matter who you are, you know someone who has been diagnosed with this dreaded disease.  I used to think it was an old folks disease, until I would go up for the chemo treatments and see little kids, even babies, having to go through it.  Breaks your heart.

Wampus_Cat

Quote from: Stupidity Vampire AKA Ignorance Ingestor on March 06, 2008, 03:33:52 am

Congratulations, dude, my moms been 2 years off Breast Cancer...so...you know....we're connected.
Basically related.

True Believer

Thanks for telling us your story.  God is awesome as we all know.  Others will read this and God, through you, will help them through their rough times too. 

The Reality is back...

Quote from: thee original WC on March 06, 2008, 07:17:25 am
Quote from: Stupidity Vampire AKA Ignorance Ingestor on March 06, 2008, 03:33:52 am

Basically related.

I KNOW....we should have thanksgiving together!

jackfan1™

Congrats!

Just heard a report last night how flat tumors are being missed by colonoscopys and they are the type most likely to be malignant. I am glad they found yours and that you had a success story.

Father Guido

Congrats, Painted Fan.  Very inspirational.  My wife is a 14 year survivor of Breast Cancer.  The originally gave her a 30% chance of surviving 5 years.

green-eagle

Fan, i for one, am very glad to hear of your success for my mom had approx. 3.5 ft of colon removed some 22 years ago........due to her condition, my brother and sisters must every fours years visit "the man" for our cancer review and so far......we are surivoring..........again your news is great!

Hurricane

Very good it is for someone to know how much they appreciate their life. Some people take life for granted. I used to take life for granted until a 5 minute period of my life when I didn't know If I would see my next breath. It's a feeling one never forgets, and I certainly do not take my life for granted anymore. I'm happy for you.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas