• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Have The AI People Lost Their Minds?!

Started by -Painted Fan-, March 25, 2007, 07:09:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Painted Fan-

Okay, I dare not say his name for fear that some young girl will start blubbering everywhere, but how is "Hairboy" still on this show?!  Or better yet, how did he make it on the show in the first place?!  I literally got sick to my stomach and had to leave the room the other night when he butchered one of my favorite songs of all time; the Kinks/Van Halen tune "You Really Got Me".  This kid has absolutely ZERO talent and has no business on this show.  The contestants that were voted off have more singing ability than "Hairboy" ever will.
   And what is up with the Waterworks?!  This isn't The Beatles, little girl!  She needs to have a T-shirt made that reads "I made a fool of myself in front of 30 million viewers".

ljackfan100

AGREED!!!  How he made it I don't EVEN know, but the reason he is still there is all the pre-teen and younger teen girls make it a point of life or death to keep him voted there each week.  Did you see the little girl in the audience crying "happy tears" over him last week?  Even on my dumbest adolescent day, I wouldn't have acted like that.  It's sad that some far more talented guys are getting the boot because of this crush.

jackfan1™

It doesn't hurt that Howard Stern is backing a campaign to keep him on and that he has a large devoted vote from his ethnic affliation.
As for how he got on, thank the three behind the table. They passed him through to Hollywood and the rest is "out of their hands". Their displeasure and disblief each week sort of irritates me since THEY put him there.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: jackfan1 on March 25, 2007, 08:10:47 pm
It doesn't hurt that Howard Stern is backing a campaign to keep him on and that he has a large devoted vote from his ethnic affliation.
As for how he got on, thank the three behind the table. They passed him through to Hollywood and the rest is "out of their hands". Their displeasure and disblief each week sort of irritates me since THEY put him there.

that's exactly what i keep saying.  they berate and belittle him and his performances every week, but they are the ones who put him into the top 24.  the last guy they cut from the top 24 shoulda been the one in, not hairboy.

RD™

March 25, 2007, 10:04:23 pm #4 Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 10:08:33 pm by Vice President RD
Simon told Extra, that if he wins American Idol, he will quit. What's wrong is to many 13 year old girls, with stars in there eyes, are watching this program and voting. If AI wants to change and save it's self, let Simon, Randy, and Paula do the voting.

jackfan1™

Quote from: Vice President RD on March 25, 2007, 10:04:23 pm
Simon told Extra, that if he wins American Idol, he will quit.

That is just dumb.
He should know that anyone who makes it through has a chance to win.
He should have thought of that in the first place...
And he won't quit; it is a cash cow for him.

ASU Rugby

Its just time for AI to get rid of him regardless of the voting.

Who would ever know?

Uncle Ivan

It will be a good day when American Idol gets cancelled.

Pioneer LB

Quote from: jackfan1 on March 25, 2007, 10:14:15 pm
Quote from: Vice President RD on March 25, 2007, 10:04:23 pm
Simon told Extra, that if he wins American Idol, he will quit.

That is just dumb.
He should know that anyone who makes it through has a chance to win.
He should have thought of that in the first place...
And he won't quit; it is a cash cow for him.

He doesn't need the money.

Texarkana_Piggie

they need to do it like dancing with the stars.  each household only has the number of votes that there are contestants.  plus they add the judges scores in to see who goes home.  that is a much more fair and balanced way to decide who is eliminated.

Scrapper Slapper

Somebody knows what they are doing.  Everyone will be watching again this week to see if the talentless kid makes it yet another round.  We are on here discussing the show.  Of course, I could find a plot in an episode of Baywatch, so maybe it is just all coincidence.

ASU Rugby

Quote from: President Ivan on March 26, 2007, 12:17:51 am

It will never be cancelled. Its just depends on when they decide to quit having it.

-Painted Fan-

OH... MY... GOD!!!!!
The "Freakshow" has sunk to a new low with the Mohawk.
I think he needs to start singing rap.  He can call himself "Tone Def"!

Texarkana_Piggie

our fox was out the first half of the show.  i missed the performance but saw the judges comments.

jackfan1™

Faux-hawk.......7 pony tails.

Made me laugh out loud. He HAS guts.

Bless his heart, he HAS to show off with his hair to take the attention off his singing.

I am embarassed for him. Please let him go home.

RD™

Look it's Joakim Noah's little brother.

-Painted Fan-

Quote from: Vice President RD on March 27, 2007, 08:04:38 pm
Look it's Joakim Noah's little brother.
Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!

"No Neck" (Doolittle) is head and shoulders above the others,and LaKeisha, Gina, Jordan, and the Human Beatbox should round out the top 5, according to my wife.
"Jack Osbourne" is living on borrowed time, after tonights mediocre performance, as well as the N'Sync Wannabe (Chris).  If these two (3, if you count the bald guy) make exits over the next weeks, does this mean we have to endure "Hairboy" for another month?!
God help us all!

buffalofan5

I want the homo-came trainer to go home desperately, but I bet it's Haily's turn this week...how could you remember her to vote for her? Hopefully, we'll only have to endure one more week of this...but if they send Someone with the talent of Stephanie home again, I'll have a conniption fit.

Fat Money

RD™

Quote from: buffalofan5 on March 27, 2007, 08:54:56 pm
I want the homo-came trainer to go home desperately, but I bet it's Haily's turn this week...how could you remember her to vote for her? Hopefully, we'll only have to endure one more week of this...but if they send Someone with the talent of Stephanie home again, I'll have a conniption fit.
You know it's going to happen.

junkyard dog

Quote from: Fat Money on March 27, 2007, 09:01:17 pm
I'm glad I've never seen this show.
Man I thought I was the only person that doesn't watch some stupid re-hash of The Gong Show.  It's just the New Millennium's version of it.  And the only reason I even looked at this thread is because I thought AI always stood for  "Artificial Intelligence" which, from what I've heard, this show could be. ;D :D ;D ;)

jackfan1™

Quote from: junkyard dog on March 28, 2007, 05:44:42 pm
Man I thought I was the only person that doesn't watch some stupid re-hash of The Gong Show.  It's just the New Millennium's version of it.  And the only reason I even looked at this thread is because I thought AI always stood for  "Artificial Intelligence" which, from what I've heard, this show could be. ;D :D ;D ;)

And yet y'all both post on a thread about it?

Whatever.

Fat Money

Quote from: jackfan1 on March 28, 2007, 06:13:06 pm
Whatever.
Wow. Hit the American Idol groupie nerve, did we?  ;)

Fat Money

Hey Junkyard Dog, you brought back some great memories when you mentioned The Gong Show (remember the day every single contestant sang "Feelings"?, or seeing the Hog Hat piled in with all the other hats on the shelf behind the judges?) What a classic piece of television. American Idol, from all the drama I've heard about it, could only hope to reach the high hall of fame pedestal on which The Gong Show now rests.

jackfan1™

Quote from: Fat Money on March 28, 2007, 06:17:07 pm

No, I have just never understood folks who bash a topic WHILE posting on it.
It doesn't have to be AI, could be anything. If you don't like it or approve or whatever, don't click, don't post.
So simple and yet so hard. 8)

ASU Rugby

buffalofan5

mothertrucker!

I swear to God, if Gina is in the bottom 3 I'll petition congress to get the little terrorist off!

ASU Rugby

RD™

Quote from: ASU Rugby on March 28, 2007, 08:16:31 pm
She isnt any good either
The frick she's not. She'll finish in the Top 4 at least. Maybe Top 3.

RD™

Fat Money

Quote from: jackfan1 on March 28, 2007, 07:54:45 pm
Quote from: Fat Money on March 28, 2007, 06:17:07 pm
No, I have just never understood folks who bash a topic WHILE posting on it.
It doesn't have to be AI, could be anything. If you don't like it or approve or whatever, don't click, don't post.
So simple and yet so hard. 8)
Sorry. Just said I'm glad I don't watch the show.
Still, it was an awesome post you just posted.

ASU Rugby

Quote from: Vice President RD on March 28, 2007, 08:25:05 pm
Quote from: ASU Rugby on March 28, 2007, 08:16:31 pm
She isnt any good either
The frick she's not. She'll finish in the Top 4 at least. Maybe Top 3.

She keeps on changing what she does. The only song of hers I liked was that Evanescence song she sang.

That Lakida or whatever her name is gets on my nerves more than any of them. She needs to go.

rabs_fan4life

Quote from: President Ivan on March 26, 2007, 12:17:51 am

Agreed!  Can't happen soon enough.

ASU Rugby

Fat Money

Cancel American Idol, bring back The Gong Show.

junkyard dog

Quote from: jackfan1 on March 28, 2007, 06:13:06 pm

Whatever.

Like I said in my original post, I saw AI and immediately thought of Artificial Intelligence.  Nothing else.  That's the reason I clicked on it.  Oh by the way,  I must have woke up in Russia this morning where expressing one thoughts,  doing what one pleases as long as it was legal, ideas and opinions were not allowed anywhere.  Isn't it great to live in America.    JYD

jackfan1™

Quote from: junkyard dog on March 29, 2007, 06:54:14 am
Oh by the way,  I must have woke up in Russia this morning where expressing one thoughts,  doing what one pleases as long as it was legal, ideas and opinions were not allowed anywhere.  Isn't it great to live in America.    JYD

Oooo, touchy, touchy! ;)
Of course you can post your opinions.
And others can question them.
It is called discourse and "give-and-take".
Now, take a deep breath..you are NOT in Russia, it was just a bad dream.
We will get Sanjaya to serenade you. ;D

rabs_fan4life

Quote from: ASU Rugby on March 28, 2007, 10:27:48 pm
Then dont watch it
Trust me I don't....willingly.  Last night for instance, I haven't been home in 3 weeks and so I came home for 2 days over spring break to see my family.  They are all addicted to this crap and had to watch it.  I didn't wanna be mean and just not spend time with them so I was force to watch the dang thing.  The same at my apartment in Conway, all my friends always watch it and the only way to avoid it is to go isolate myself in my room and watch something else.  I liked the first 2 seasons of the show, then it just turned into one big joke.

jackfan1™

Just look at the success of the singers the last couple of years...Carrie Underwood has won every award imaginable, Jennifer Hudson just won an Academy Award and numerous other awards this year, more than one of the singers are performing on Broadway right now, sales of  CD's for Taylor, Daughtry, Clay, etc. have done very well.
I am guessing no one in America has any taste in music since THEY / WE are the ones buying, listening to, and paying money to see these people.
It may be a goofy show in the process but I think it does give recognition and opportunity to some talented folks that might otherwise give up in the long struggle to make it.
But, that's just my opinion and I personally don't care who watches it or not. ;D
I do and I enjoy it....even with all the goof balls and warts. ;)

BillyJack™

Only sad part of it all is that the artist has made way to the entertainer. As long as we don't completely loose the occasional artist, it's all good.

luvdemjacks

The only people that have lost their minds are the "star struck teenagers" that vote for Sanjaya every Tuesday night.  Can you imagine how many teenagers have access to computers, and cell phones..They are texting their little hearts away..I'd Hate to see their cell phone bills with all those text messaging charges :o...
But it does make for good entertainment...lol

-Painted Fan-

I think they should add another phone number to each contestant- one to vote for him/her, and one to vote AGAINST.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas