• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Six Flags Over Texas Summer Concert Schedule

Started by -Painted Fan-, May 14, 2006, 05:53:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Painted Fan-

This is a list of concerts for Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington.

6/7  Ciara
6/24  Switchfoot
7/1  Ryan Cabrera
7/8  Aly & AJ
7/15  Raven Symone
7/20  Toby Mac/ David Crowder Band
7/21  Third Day/ Thousand Foot Crutch
7/22  Stephen Curtis Chapman/ Jeremy Camp
7/29  Kirk Franklin/ Smokey norful
8/26  Click Five

bulldogs1159

-Painted Fan-

Switchfoot, Toby Mac, and especially Third Day, are must sees in my book.
And if you have pre-teen daughters (which I do), Aly & AJ and Raven.

Father Guido

Several good ones there.

Switchfoot
David Crowder Band
Third Day
Thousand Foot Crutch
and Jeremy Camp all rock

Not a big Toby Mac fan, but my daughters are, and he is a good friend of my future son-in-law.

rabs_fan4life

I wouldn't go back to Six Flags if someone paid me *ok for a large sum of money...possibly*...I hated  the place with a passion the one and only time I have ever been.  But I hate rollercoasters with a deep deep passion and refuse to ride them and amusement parks just aren't my thing...I was miserable the entire time I was there...but I have a 13 year old brother who was dying to go so I sucked it up and went along for him!  I hope to God I never have to go back to that place...spent the majority of a day there and had nothing to show for it except a sun burn, a sick stomache because of the one rollercoaster I was forced on, and a terrible headache.  But for those of you who enjoy the rides and such, have a great time and enjoy it!  Have fun G-train and have a safe trip!

Father Guido

Quote from: rabs_fan4life aka Mrs.Manningfan on May 15, 2006, 08:53:43 pm
I wouldn't go back to Six Flags if someone paid me *ok for a large sum of money...possibly*...I hated the place with a passion the one and only time I have ever been. But I hate rollercoasters with a deep deep passion and refuse to ride them and amusement parks just aren't my thing...I was miserable the entire time I was there...but I have a 13 year old brother who was dying to go so I sucked it up and went along for him! I hope to God I never have to go back to that place...spent the majority of a day there and had nothing to show for it except a sun burn, a sick stomache because of the one rollercoaster I was forced on, and a terrible headache. But for those of you who enjoy the rides and such, have a great time and enjoy it! Have fun G-train and have a safe trip!

YOU HATE ROLLER COASTER!!!   What the heck's the matter with you?  I have lost all respect for you.                            Hates roller coasters...

chrismurphy19

In the past I've been absolutely firm in my refusal to ride roller coasters and most of the more intense amusement park rides. I tried them and hated them, but I think it's because I was young and didn't know what I was getting myself into. I really wish my family would visit an amusement park soon, because I've been itching to ride a roller coaster. Looks like I'll have to wait until Christmas when we go to Orlando (BTW, if you go to Orlando, Universal Studios and Universal's Islands of Adventure absolutely blow Disney out of the water. Amazing parks. The only part of Disney that I really like is MGM studios and parts of Epcot).

Cabotfan

Disney seems to me to be more small kid/family oriented. Universal is for the big kids.  ;D

-Painted Fan-

We spent 2 days at Six Flags last summer.  About 8 p.m. on the second day, I FINALLY got my wife to ride Superman.  Boy, was she mad!  She could not get off of that ride fast enough!  I love it!  Blast off at over 50 mph up a 300 ft. tower, do a couple of bounces, then they hold you up there (300 ft. in the air!) while the pressure is building, then it blasts back down at over 50 mph again!  What a rush!
   G-Train, I hope you have the best time.  Superman, Batman, Mr. Freeze, Texas Giant, these are must rides while you're there.  I saw on their website that they've added 10 small rides (some they've had before- old school rides like the Scrambler).
   Come on here and tell us all about your trip when you get back.

One more thing.  If I had my choice of amusement parks to go to, it would have to be Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio, on the banks of Lake Erie.  "The Roller Coaster Capitol Of The World", it has 16 coasters, 3 ranked in the Top 10.  One (Top Thrill Dragster) that goes from Zero to 120 mph in 4 seconds, and goes straight up over 400 ft, goes over the hill, and straight back down over 400 ft!  It was the tallest and fastest in the world before Six Flags in New Jersey opened Kingda Ka last summer.  Kingda Ka is EXACTLY like Top Thrill, only it goes 8 mph faster (128 in 3.5 seconds) and goes 36 feet higher (456 feet instead of 420).

I posted these concert schedules because:
   1. Anyone who reads my posts knows that I'm a List-Guy. 
   2. It combines 2 of my favorite things- amusement parks and concerts
   I know that a lot of you enjoy music (what with all of the threads on different types of music), and are always looking to hear some good tunes, and relive some good times.   

Lions84

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on May 14, 2006, 05:53:43 pm
This is a list of concerts for Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington.

6/7 Ciara
6/24 Switchfoot
7/1 Ryan Cabrera
7/8 Aly & AJ
7/15 Raven Symone
7/20 Toby Mac/ David Crowder Band
7/21 Third Day/ Thousand Foot Crutch
7/22 Stephen Curtis Chapman/ Jeremy Camp
7/29 Kirk Franklin/ Smokey norful
8/26 Click Five

WEAK!!!

-Painted Fan-

Quote from: G-train on May 17, 2006, 01:25:21 am
It was a blast. I tried some new stuff that I haven't done before. My favorites in this order:

1. The Titan: No loops, but pure adreniline. I mean when it goes off that first hill, you can't believe your eyes that you are that far in the air, and that you are going to be down there in a few seconds. When is goes into a spin typy of thing, you are just pressed against the seat that is almost hurts. Best coaster I've ever been on. Rode it seven times. Also, nice view of the park.

2. Batman: I must say that I've never gotten on a loop coaster before today, but with me being with my friends, I just couldn't be the only one to stay behind on those. I'm glad I didn't miss it. It's like a roller coaster with ADD. It can't make up it's mind on what to do next.

3. Dr. Freeze: short ride, but probably the most intense. When you reach the peak, everything just seems chaotic. It was great.

Some others that I liked were Flashback, Superman, the Texas Giant. Went on a Tuesday, so the lines were short. Came out of it with a mild sunburn, and not I am pooped.
Glad you had a good time.  Would you believe the tunnel you go into off the first hill of The Titan is 140 ft. long?!  But you're going 85 mph, so it seems short.  And, that first hill is only 255 feet.  Imagine that compared to Top Thrill Dragster (420 ft.) or Kingda Ka (456 ft.)!

rabs_fan4life

Quote from: Father Guido on May 15, 2006, 09:46:55 pm
Quote from: rabs_fan4life aka Mrs.Manningfan on May 15, 2006, 08:53:43 pm
I wouldn't go back to Six Flags if someone paid me *ok for a large sum of money...possibly*...I hated the place with a passion the one and only time I have ever been. But I hate rollercoasters with a deep deep passion and refuse to ride them and amusement parks just aren't my thing...I was miserable the entire time I was there...but I have a 13 year old brother who was dying to go so I sucked it up and went along for him! I hope to God I never have to go back to that place...spent the majority of a day there and had nothing to show for it except a sun burn, a sick stomache because of the one rollercoaster I was forced on, and a terrible headache. But for those of you who enjoy the rides and such, have a great time and enjoy it! Have fun G-train and have a safe trip!

YOU HATE ROLLER COASTER!!! What the heck's the matter with you? I have lost all respect for you. Hates roller coasters...
You love me and you know it!  And sorry to disappoint you but yes I freaking HATE roller coasters with every ounce of hate in me!  I hate most rides for that matter!

AB™

Quote from: King James on May 16, 2006, 12:29:30 am
In the past I've been absolutely firm in my refusal to ride roller coasters and most of the more intense amusement park rides. I tried them and hated them, but I think it's because I was young and didn't know what I was getting myself into. I really wish my family would visit an amusement park soon, because I've been itching to ride a roller coaster. Looks like I'll have to wait until Christmas when we go to Orlando (BTW, if you go to Orlando, Universal Studios and Universal's Islands of Adventure absolutely blow Disney out of the water. Amazing parks. The only part of Disney that I really like is MGM studios and parts of Epcot).

I rode one roller-coaster when I was probably 6 or 7.  I was very young.  Got off scared out of my shorts and hated every minute of it.  Up until I was 15 I would not go near any kind of roller coaster or an intense looking ride.  Then the summer of my 16th birthday me, my mom, dad, brother, and cousin all go to Orlando.  We had been once before when I was 12 but I didn't ride a thing.  We visited Islands of Adventure first, it was brand new at the time.  My brother who is 3 years younger than me hated roller coasters as well so he went with my mom and dad who aren't a big fan of them either. 

Now my cousin who went is 2 years older than me and we were good friends so I hung with him the whole time.  Only problem is he planned on riding every roller coaster there at least twice.  He had heard only good things about the Incredible Hulk Coaster so his first mission was to get a speed pass for it.  I told him I wasn't going to ride it and after some convincing on his part he talked me into getting a pass.  The earliest time we could get was 3 hours away so we had to find a way to kill time.  We walk across the park and see the Fire and Ice Roller Coasters.  He decides to wait in line and I go with him still trying to decide if I was going to back out or not(sadly enough I did).  After he rode both of them we headed back to wait in the line for the Hulk.  With the passes we had gotten earlier it wasn't a long wait.  After we pick which line we are going to stand in for which row of seats we wanted I realized how terrified I was.  This is about the point where I decide to back out.  I sucked it up and sit down in the seat then the saftey bars come down and are locked.  No backing out now.  Roughly 45 seconds later we are done and I got off the funnest ride I've ever been on.  Now I am absolutely hooked on roller coasters.  Can't get enough of them.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas