• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Having issues with the Pick'Ems? Post here (READ INSTRUCTIONS FIRST)

Started by Douglas, September 20, 2020, 03:05:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Douglas

There are issues with Chrome being able to select/save your choices. Until further notice, please use a different browser!

Please make sure JavaScript is turned ON. The updated Pick'Ems requires it. I have a little utility in place that will tell you if your JavaScript is turned off.

If you do not see a message about JavaScript, please post your operating system and what web browser you're using. If you're on a mobile device, let me know which one (model and version).

If you report these issues AFTER the current week's Pick'Ems are closed, I cannot help you effectively. Oh, and please don't post an issue within four hours of Pick'Ems closing. That's not fair to me, nor you, to give me a tight window of trying to track down every possible issue in a timely manner. :)

Any other discussion in this thread will be removed, so I don't have to dig through non-relevant chit chat. :)

Thanks!

There are issues with Chrome being able to select/save your choices. Until further notice, please use a different browser!

Douglas

I need the following people to identify what OS (or device) and browser they used for this week's Pick'Ems.

Bomber_Believer, buck98, Crossett Eagle, HeadBussa08, hogsfan88, whitecoco, young_gun

raydio53

Coach9586

Douglas

Folks, please follow my directions, exactly. I need more than just a browser. Thanks.

raydio53

TyboogieInjun

Windows 10 Home Version.  Google Chrome.

Also:

Samsung-SM-G950U (Galaxy 8 ).  Google Chrome.

Douglas

TyboogieInjun

I used Microsoft Edge and was able to save my picks.  Thanks for figuring this problem out!

RazorDad

Having a strange problem with this week's pick'ems.  I cannot save Week 12B and 12C.  However, Week 12A and 12D save fine.  And all of last week saved fine.

I have not changed browsers, still using Safari on macOS Big Sur.  I also tried on my iPhone - same result.

JacketFan

Quote from: RazorDad on November 18, 2020, 08:03:45 am
Having a strange problem with this week's pick'ems.  I cannot save Week 12B and 12C.  However, Week 12A and 12D save fine.  And all of last week saved fine.

I have not changed browsers, still using Safari on macOS Big Sur.  I also tried on my iPhone - same result.
I am having the exact same issue, any suggestions?

OB11

Quote from: JacketFan on November 18, 2020, 08:41:23 am
I am having the exact same issue, any suggestions?

I believe 12B and 12C are duplicates of games from last week and are not open to be picked.

JacketFan

Quote from: OB11 on November 18, 2020, 10:13:33 am
I believe 12B and 12C are duplicates of games from last week and are not open to be picked.
It doesn't matter what I do, it will not let me save my picks for 12b, and 12c, I have tried it from multiple devices, and it will not save it.  Anyone else having this issue, if so, what is the remedy?

RazorDad

Quote from: JacketFan on November 18, 2020, 11:20:21 am
It doesn't matter what I do, it will not let me save my picks for 12b, and 12c, I have tried it from multiple devices, and it will not save it.  Anyone else having this issue, if so, what is the remedy?

Exactly the same problem.

Brian G

A mistake was made sitting the pick'em

two of the sets are not being used.

Look for 12b and 12c that does work.  They are listed twice!

RazorDad

Quote from: B.G. on November 19, 2020, 12:13:30 am
A mistake was made sitting the pick'em

two of the sets are not being used.

Look for 12b and 12c that does work.  They are listed twice!

One set of 12b/12c has last week's games and I cannot pick any winners - no problem there.

The other set of 12b/12c has this week's games and I can pick winners and I can click the save button.  However, when I go to reread 12b/12c to check my picks, all are reset - nothing is saved.  The 12a/12d games that I picked are saved. I have checked this with all Mac, iOS and Windows browsers.

So it seems to be a server-side problem with my 12b/12c picks, and JacketFan's as well.

Brian G

Please follow along on the thread on MMQB for the playoff pick'em

That allows me to catch all issues.

FYI an update to the unsaved situation is on there.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas