• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The All Soccer Thread(US soccer, EPL, European leagues, Spanish/Mexican leagues.)

Started by AirWarren, August 02, 2015, 09:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Chelsea was sluggish for an opening match. But the sealed the win with a 3-0 win.

THE WOLVES are back baby!

AirWarren

beach bum

Chelsea will be just fine this year. I know Huddersfield Town may be a relegation team at the end of the year, but Chelsea did not even play well and controlled that match. It could have been worse easily had Chelsea been clicking. I think they may get into that top 4 and as high as 3rd if they stay healthy and mesh as the season progresses. Everton was dominating that match until that horrible red card they got. Then Wolves sink the free kick off the red card and now carry all the momentum into the half. Everton may end up throwing the match in a flash. We will see if they can bounce back.

beach bum

I like Kante getting to play a little more aggressively forward in the attack.... And man did anyone else notice David Luiz had gained some weight haha. Soccer players are so fit that 10 to 12 pounds can look like someone gained 30 compared to on a normal, everyday person cause we are so used to seeing them so fit its shocking when they gain any weight whatsoever. I know he didn't play a lot of matches at the end of last season and nothing in the summer so I am sure he will drop down some as the season goes on but man that jumped out to me.

beach bum

The player transfer I saw the most criticism from the pundits was Richarlison to Everton because of the high price Everton paid. So far 2 brilliant goals from him and shushing the pundits in the process at least for today.... 2-1 Everton with 20 minutes left. The young man is only 21 too. Everton must have saw the potential in him.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on August 11, 2018, 12:35:23 pm
I like Kante getting to play a little more aggressively forward in the attack.... And man did anyone else notice David Luiz had gained some weight haha. Soccer players are so fit that 10 to 12 pounds can look like someone gained 30 compared to on a normal, everyday person cause we are so used to seeing them so fit its shocking when they gain any weight whatsoever. I know he didn't play a lot of matches at the end of last season and nothing in the summer so I am sure he will drop down some as the season goes on but man that jumped out to me.

Surprisingly, David played one of his best defensive games he has played in a long time.

1-Adam-12

Wolves-Everton was a very entertaining match and 2-2 was the result that was deserved.  These look to be two exciting teams to watch.

One of the pundits has Wolves tapped to finish 8th.

AirWarren

beach bum

- Man City back at it again today at the expense of the new regime Arsenal

- I know Liverpool is extremely young at left and right back plus Lovren being hit or miss at center back..... But my word is the addition of Keita such a big thing for them. No one in attack even sniffs that talent they have now overall going forward in the attack. Will they be able to hold with that back line for a 38 match slate I am still not sure. I think people that dog soccer should watch Liverpool. I was on the edge of my seat all match watching and waiting for the goals to come in with that aggressive pressing style.

- Burnley had its usual snooze fest in a 0-0 at Southampton but they seem to always pick up just enough points from here and there the last few seasons

VHSCoach2

Quote from: AirWarren on August 12, 2018, 01:51:46 pm
Arsenal.

LOL.

We lost 3-0 at home to Man City last season. 2-0 yesterday.

Next year, it will be 1-0. We'll hold them to a 0-0 draw the year after that. And finally, the year after that, win 1-0.

beach bum

-Newcastle mess up possible 3 points with a saved PK by the Cardiff in the final minutes for a 0-0 draw

-Bournemouth is 6 for 6 on points, what a start for them at the expense of West Ham today

-Arsenal looks horrible in defense, and can't finish a chance in which Chelsea have made them pay with 2 goals early and holding on 2-0 at Stamford Bridge

beach bum

As soon as I finish typing Arsenal bangs one in to make it 2-1 in the 37th minute.... I could barely watch a Chelsea match last year with the style they were playing, but this wide open style brought by Sarri is fun to watch especially when they are playing another team that wants to play up and down as well with them and not sit in a low block.

beach bum

My word 2-2 now  :o ... People that claim soccer is "boring" need to watch a match like this.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on August 18, 2018, 12:12:36 pm
My word 2-2 now  :o ... People that claim soccer is "boring" need to watch a match like this.

Alonso!!!!!!!! Seals it for Chelsea!!!!!!!!

3-2 over Arsenal(spit)!

1-Adam-12

Brighton are absolutely thrashing Man Utd.  3-1 at the half and it could well have been 4 or 5.

MU's defense, to borrow a British term, is shambolic.

beach bum

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on August 19, 2018, 10:51:51 am
Brighton are absolutely thrashing Man Utd.  3-1 at the half and it could well have been 4 or 5.

MU's defense, to borrow a British term, is shambolic.

I love it....

AirWarren

AirWarren

beach bum

Chelsea has been fun to watch.... Them, Liverpool, and shockingly Watford the only 3 clubs with all 9 points. That's the biggest deal for Watford cause when you get 9 points to start the year huge for them to have that cushion in a potential relegation scrap if they got in one. It's a lot easier to hit that 40 point mark in a season when you almost have double digit points and August isn't over yet. Good for the Hornets!

beach bum

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

Here's how the Top 5 levels of English football look after the first month of the season:

Premier League:
-Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea, and Watford at the top, undefeated, with 9 points. Liverpool owns the #1 spot due to goal differential. Tottenham and Watford meet next week.
-Relegation spots are held by Burnley and Huddersfield Town (on goal differential) with one point. Newcastle United and Southampton also have 1 point, but a superior goal differential to Burnley and Huddersfield. The other relegated club is West Ham United. West Ham is the ONLY club in the top 5 levels that has not recorded at least one point at this stage in the season.

League Championship:
-Leeds United and Middlesbrough top the table with 13 points and hold the two auto-promotion spots. Leeds and Middlesbrough meet next week. The 4 other clubs that would battle for promotion in the playoffs would be Bolton Wanderers, Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, and Derby County.
-Birmingham City, Queens Park Rangers, Reading, and Ipswich Town are currently in the relegation zone.

League One:
-Peterborough United hold the table lead with 15 points. Sunderland is second with 13. These two clubs hold the auto-promotion spots. The teams that would battle for promotion in the playoffs are Portsmouth, Walsall, Barnsley, and Fleetwood Town.
-Burton Albion, Oxford United, Shrewsbury Town, and Plymouth Argyle are currently in the relegation zone.

League Two:
-Lincoln City sits atop the table with 13 points. Second is Milton Keynes Dons with 11 and third is Exeter City with 10. These three clubs holds the auto-promotion spots. The teams that would battle in the playoffs for the fourth promotion spot are Carlisle United, Newport County, Colchester United, and Yeovil Town.
-Mansfield Town and Notts County are in the relegation zone.

National League:
-Halifax sits atop the table in the lone auto-promotion spot with 15 points. The clubs battling for the other promotion spot in the playoffs would be Wrexham, AFC Fylde, Harrogate Town, Leyton Orient, Ebbsfleet United, and Solihull Moors.
-Havant & Waterlooville, Dover, Braintree Town, and Dagenham & Redbridge sit in the relegation zone.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on August 27, 2018, 03:49:43 pm
Jose living on borrowed time.

If this is Man U moving forward this season it will be bad for them.... I am talking 5th-7th place. Plus, I think the Champions League draw is Thursday? I may be wrong with that. If they get in a more difficult group in the Champions League in no way can they score enough goals to even get out of the group stage.

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on August 27, 2018, 08:28:50 pm
Here's how the Top 5 levels of English football look after the first month of the season:

Premier League:
-Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea, and Watford at the top, undefeated, with 9 points. Liverpool owns the #1 spot due to goal differential. Tottenham and Watford meet next week.
-Relegation spots are held by Burnley and Huddersfield Town (on goal differential) with one point. Newcastle United and Southampton also have 1 point, but a superior goal differential to Burnley and Huddersfield. The other relegated club is West Ham United. West Ham is the ONLY club in the top 5 levels that has not recorded at least one point at this stage in the season.

League Championship:
-Leeds United and Middlesbrough top the table with 13 points and hold the two auto-promotion spots. Leeds and Middlesbrough meet next week. The 4 other clubs that would battle for promotion in the playoffs would be Bolton Wanderers, Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, and Derby County.
-Birmingham City, Queens Park Rangers, Reading, and Ipswich Town are currently in the relegation zone.

League One:
-Peterborough United hold the table lead with 15 points. Sunderland is second with 13. These two clubs hold the auto-promotion spots. The teams that would battle for promotion in the playoffs are Portsmouth, Walsall, Barnsley, and Fleetwood Town.
-Burton Albion, Oxford United, Shrewsbury Town, and Plymouth Argyle are currently in the relegation zone.

League Two:
-Lincoln City sits atop the table with 13 points. Second is Milton Keynes Dons with 11 and third is Exeter City with 10. These three clubs holds the auto-promotion spots. The teams that would battle in the playoffs for the fourth promotion spot are Carlisle United, Newport County, Colchester United, and Yeovil Town.
-Mansfield Town and Notts County are in the relegation zone.

National League:
-Halifax sits atop the table in the lone auto-promotion spot with 15 points. The clubs battling for the other promotion spot in the playoffs would be Wrexham, AFC Fylde, Harrogate Town, Leyton Orient, Ebbsfleet United, and Solihull Moors.
-Havant & Waterlooville, Dover, Braintree Town, and Dagenham & Redbridge sit in the relegation zone.

-Leeds playing at Elland Road is such a great atmosphere in English football, I will be watching when them and Middlesbrough play there Friday in 1st vs 2nd in the Championship currently battle it out

-If Sunderland can not get back up to the Championship that is horrible. They are the only team in League One getting parachute payments from the EPL and should have a way better roster than the others in League One

- And you have to love Lincoln City slowing pegging their way up the ranks

AirWarren

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on September 01, 2018, 11:26:32 am
Chelsea continues with their good start.

2-0 win over Bournemouth.

He isn't a glamour guy, but I think Pedro may be becoming my facorite Chelsea player! Liverpool and Chelsea sitting a top with 12 out of 12 points.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: beach bum on August 27, 2018, 08:45:54 pm
-Leeds playing at Elland Road is such a great atmosphere in English football, I will be watching when them and Middlesbrough play there Friday in 1st vs 2nd in the Championship currently battle it out

-If Sunderland can not get back up to the Championship that is horrible. They are the only team in League One getting parachute payments from the EPL and should have a way better roster than the others in League One

Naturally, the battle for spot numero uno ended in a nil-nil draw.

1-Adam-12

Quote from: beach bum on August 27, 2018, 08:45:54 pm

I am so proud to see Havant & Waterlooville up in the National League.  That said, they need to start getting results.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on September 01, 2018, 12:03:15 pm

He isn't a glamour guy, but I think Pedro may be becoming my facorite Chelsea player! Liverpool and Chelsea sitting a top with 12 out of 12 points.

We will be at Epcot in October.

Will be buying a Chelsea jersey in England.

AirWarren

USMNT has a ways to go still in big boy competition. Down 2-0 to Brazil.

AirWarren

USMNT beats Mexico 1-0 LOL.

Not the best match and red card on Mexico helps, but we still have a way to go.

ALWAYS GREAT TO BEAT MEJICO in soccer though.

AirWarren

Get this rivalry going a little bit. Got in the south of the border's heads a little bit. An ode to Bradley, if you will.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/msn/miazga-taunts-mexico-as-usmnt-grow-up/ar-BBNe9qX

beach bum

Miazga is going to get harrased like crazy the first time he plays in Mexico City haha

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on September 12, 2018, 02:36:35 pm
Miazga is going to get harrased like crazy the first time he plays in Mexico City haha

He is a Premiere league guy. I'm sure those drunk Englishmen foul mouths can match Azteca haha.

I love it. That game needed some juice to it.

beach bum

-Bournemouth looking strong pounding in 4 goals against Leicester City

-Newcastle have played the toughest fixtures so far and have only a point to show for it after another loss v Arsenal

-Man City in complete control today against Fulham

-Liverpool over Tottenham, got to love that

-With Jorginho and Kante dominating in the midfield in this new exciting system it has freed up Hazard to do his thing and he may just become a 25 goal guy at Chelsea

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on September 15, 2018, 10:59:58 am
-Bournemouth looking strong pounding in 4 goals against Leicester City

-Newcastle have played the toughest fixtures so far and have only a point to show for it after another loss v Arsenal

-Man City in complete control today against Fulham

-Liverpool over Tottenham, got to love that

-With Jorginho and Kante dominating in the midfield in this new exciting system it has freed up Hazard to do his thing and he may just become a 25 goal guy at Chelsea

This new offense looks GREAT!!!

We are going to Epcot next month. Taking my wife and baby girl to Disney. I will be swinging by "England" to pick up a Chelsea football jersey :D

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on September 15, 2018, 11:58:26 am
This new offense looks GREAT!!!

We are going to Epcot next month. Taking my wife and baby girl to Disney. I will be swinging by "England" to pick up a Chelsea football jersey :D

That is going to be an awesome trip... I absolutely love Orlando and that is the perfect time of year to go if you are going to be outside a lot like that. Typically October is when it stops being oppressively hot down there. Still warm, but much more comfortable. Usually the summer rainy season starts to fade about that time of year too. Orlando is a soccer city for sure too. I have been to that ESPN complex there as well and the soccer & baseball facilities that they have down there are so nice.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on September 15, 2018, 12:17:12 pm

That is going to be an awesome trip... I absolutely love Orlando and that is the perfect time of year to go if you are going to be outside a lot like that. Typically October is when it stops being oppressively hot down there. Still warm, but much more comfortable. Usually the summer rainy season starts to fade about that time of year too. Orlando is a soccer city for sure too. I have been to that ESPN complex there as well and the soccer & baseball facilities that they have down there are so nice.

My wife and I have been. My daughter is 9 and she is ecstatic. First time. I've been in February and November. Hopefully October is like November.

AirWarren

Chelsea takes out LIVERPOOL! 2-1

Hazard. Brilliant.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=VjPjE9_dnPA

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on September 26, 2018, 09:35:41 pm
Chelsea takes out LIVERPOOL! 2-1

Hazard. Brilliant.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=VjPjE9_dnPA

That commentator is one of my favourites... I wish we got Sky Sports here in the States so I could listen to his matches he calls all the time. His calls are brilliant and their sound quality of the stadium is amazing on Sky.

beach bum

This sport can be cruel sometimes.... Chelsea holds the lead and Liverpool attack in check all match. Then Sturridge subs in late and pulls out a moment of magic to end it in a draw. That shot was insane the bend and dip he put on it.

AirWarren

AirWarren

Got my Chelsea jersey.

I saw tons of people wearing soccer jerseys in at WDW. Of note, USA, Cardiff city, Manchester United, man city, Portugal, Real Madrid, Chelsea, and possibly my favorite jersey sighting....Wolverhampton.

Chelsea got their 1-0 win today too.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on October 04, 2018, 10:43:45 pm
Got my Chelsea jersey.

I saw tons of people wearing soccer jerseys in at WDW. Of note, USA, Cardiff city, Manchester United, man city, Portugal, Real Madrid, Chelsea, and possibly my favorite jersey sighting....Wolverhampton.

Chelsea got their 1-0 win today too.

The current Chelsea jerseys are my absolute favorite they've ever had. I got an Orlando City jersey last time I was down there about 9 months ago. I may be road tripping to Atlanta soon and I'll have to snag an ATL United jersey when there.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on October 05, 2018, 01:57:47 pm
The current Chelsea jerseys are my absolute favorite they've ever had. I got an Orlando City jersey last time I was down there about 9 months ago. I may be road tripping to Atlanta soon and I'll have to snag an ATL United jersey when there.

Tons of Orlando city purple too. I also saw a guy with an ohio state buckeyes hat on but he was wearing an ATL United jersey. Crazy.

HorseFeathers

Any of y'all pay attention to Women's Soccer? Just asking cause noticed today that The Lady Razorback soccer team is 11-2-2 and has beat some highly ranked teams..

VHSCoach2

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 05, 2018, 11:05:54 pm
Any of y'all pay attention to Women's Soccer? Just asking cause noticed today that The Lady Razorback soccer team is 11-2-2 and has beat some highly ranked teams..

Of course! Other than the Premier League, I actually watch more women's soccer than men's. As a girls soccer coach, it gives me a better look and feel to the game than watching the men plan.

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 05, 2018, 11:05:54 pm

The SEC is becoming a pretty formidable women's soccer league to go along with the usual power players in the Pac 12 and ACC. What's crazy is their best player tore their ACL a few matches back and they are still rolling without her. I have went to 2 matches this year and have caught a couple the last few years and these are some athletic girls across the board. Our coach has made this program respectable when it used to be a joke. He finally has speed out there on the field. They were always gritty defensively, but now its the whole package.

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on October 06, 2018, 10:22:40 am
Of course! Other than the Premier League, I actually watch more women's soccer than men's. As a girls soccer coach, it gives me a better look and feel to the game than watching the men plan.

I might have more pace and athletic ability than them out there, but those ladies skill and technique could wipe the floor with me any day. I actually watch a NWSL match at least once a month. Nothing like seeing Providence Park in Portland packed out for a women's match. Got to love that soccer crazy city!

beach bum

Manchester United score 3 goals in the last 20 minutes to crush Newcastle's hope after the Magpies led 2-0 all match.... If Newcastle end up relegated by a matter of a point or two they will remember today's match and the lost 3 points they could have had.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas