• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top players from 2A 7west

Started by BigBob, April 06, 2017, 12:56:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBob

Who are some of the Top returning players for Each Team?
-Mt. Ida
- Mineral Springs
- Dierks
- Murfreesboro
-Spring Hill
- Foreman
- Lafayette County
- Mountain Pine 

bluebear

I know Spring Hill's QB will be back. The kid scored 9 touchdowns  in 4 1/2 quarters of play the beginning of last year.

southarkdaddy

Quote from: bluebear on April 06, 2017, 01:01:04 pm
I know Spring Hill's QB will be back. The kid scored 9 touchdowns  in 4 1/2 quarters of play the beginning of last year.

Is he going to be there?  I heard he was transferring because he didn't like the baseball coach.

bluebear

No. He's not playing baseball but he's not leaving. Focusing on football and getting his leg and body stronger.

brotherdew

Mount Ida returns just about all their starters. They will have their entire backfield back, all but one lineman back and one of their starting receivers (not that they use them that often).
Same thing on defense pretty much.

HOGS1976

Time will tell for the Outlaws everyone knows they lost a ton of seniors, but with the offseason going very well and Perrin's workout regime it could be really special! Mt. Ida is the king right now, but don't count out the Outlaws great things to come and I'm pretty partial to the returning DE/TE and the RB/LB expect a really special SR year from these 2!!!!

stuck in between

Look for Batey from Foreman to improve on the 1000 yard season he had as a sophomore while sharing carries with two other 1000 yard backs. Defensive lineman Davin Cross was also a force for the Gators last season as a sophomore. A intense offseason weight program will only help his cause. Although their names will not be called that often Foreman will also return 4 out of the 5 linemen that blocked for well over 3000 rushing yards in 2016. If Issac Carver and Robbie Smith can transition from a very successful Jr. high program to Sr. high they could easily make their presence known. 

BigBob

Yeah very surprised by talent foreman has. They are no  longer the whipping boy of the west.  Did the coach stick around? I know he tried to high tail it to mineral. Which should pee the players and community off.

fleaflicker24

Quote from: southarkdaddy on April 06, 2017, 01:06:37 pm
Is he going to be there?  I heard he was transferring because he didn't like the baseball coach.

I talk to his dad pretty much on a daily basis and he wanted me to put this on here. His dad says that the young man has played travel tournament baseball since he was 7 yrs old and that it took its toll on him as far as baseball goes and that the kid is just burned out. He said they played 80 plus games a year until he was 14. So all of you travel baseball parents need to take notice of that. His dad blames himself and says it has absolutely nothing to do with the coach. He also said the kid loves SH and their second year head coach and all of the coaches at SHHS...

BigBob

Payton massanelli is a great kid, and student athlete. He's the type that can take a game over. Coach McBride is going to have to find a 2nd and 3rd option though when defenses key in on him. That's going to be the problem for Spring Hill

Eslim03

The coach at foreman is back and hungry. As is the players and community look for the gators to contend in this conference for many more years. It being a second year in coach kings system should really help a talented group of kids not used to stability. Their will be a lot of players to watch on this team but kyren Batey will be the name you probably hear the most. He just broke the long jump record at the genoa relays jumping 23-2 and won the 100 meters in 11.01. Not to bad for a sophomore.

couch-coach06

Batey gets his 100 time down too 10.99 at the district meet this past week..  definitely one of the more gifted players !

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas