• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My preseason rankings in each conference.

Started by sheepdawg92, May 11, 2018, 08:42:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sheepdawg92

2a-3

EPC
Cross County
McCory
Salem
Marked Tree
Rector
Augusta
Midland

2a-4

Hector
Hackett
Lavaca
Magazine
Moutainburg
Johnson County Westside
Western Yell County
Decutar

2a-5

Magnet Cove
Conway Christian
Mountain Pine
England
Poyen
Bigelow
Quitman
Cutter Morning Star

2a-6

Hazen
Earle
Des Arc
Clarendon
Carlisle
Marianna
Brinkley
Marvell-Elaine

2a-7

Foreman
Mount Ida
Mineral Springs
Gurdon
Lafayette County
Murfreesboro
Spring Hill
Dierks

2a-8

Hampton
Junction City
Fordyce
Strong
Parkers Chapel
Bearden
Woodlawn
Hermitage

Rida4Life

hahahahaahaha.... Strong 4th in the 8.... hahahahahahahah..... Hampton better than JC........ hahahahaha

what time does your comedy show start?

eldofan

sheepdawg92

Quote from: Rida4Life on May 11, 2018, 12:16:29 pm
hahahahaahaha.... Strong 4th in the 8.... hahahahahahahah..... Hampton better than JC........ hahahahaha

what time does your comedy show start?
watch and see JC is not the same team from last year and the years past

NWA Hawg

Quote from: eldofan on May 11, 2018, 01:30:46 pm
Lol. Strong may not even field a team .

And may not have a coach if the do have a team.

Eslim03

I will comment on the 8. This guy put his beliefs out here for us to read and I appreciate that. I think the 8 is wide open. JC should be consider as the front runner but fordyce will have something to say about that as will bearden, chapel and hampton. I do think this will be the 5 teams representing the 8 in the playoffs. Strong very well could get in the mixed also but any of these teams will be solid in my opinion. The 8  really is a strong conference year in and year out. It will be interesting for sure.

dragondad

JC and Fordyc will battle for 1st,  Bearden, Hampton, and PC will battle for 3-5.  Everyone's entitles to their opinion,  but dude at least should make it sensible.

cuz

Quote from: dragondad on May 11, 2018, 05:31:25 pm
JC and Fordyc will battle for 1st,  Bearden, Hampton, and PC will battle for 3-5.  Everyone's entitles to their opinion,  but dude at least should make it sensible.
I agree DD and might add JC is their on worse enemy. If the coaches don't take control and let them continue last years trend I feel it will be a long season for the Dragon faithful....

N2DEEP

In  the 5, I have the top 4 as:

CCS
Mtn Pine
Magnet Cove
England

then

Poyen
Quitman
Bigelow
Cutter

Lions84

These changes have made some strong districts and the 8AA always been tough.

bleacherbum78

Quote from: sheepdawg92 on May 11, 2018, 08:42:51 am
2a-3

EPC
Cross County
McCory
Salem
Marked Tree
Rector
Augusta
Midland

2a-4

Hector
Hackett
Lavaca
Magazine
Moutainburg
Johnson County Westside
Western Yell County
Decutar

2a-5

Magnet Cove
Conway Christian
Mountain Pine
England
Poyen
Bigelow
Quitman
Cutter Morning Star

2a-6

Hazen
Earle
Des Arc
Clarendon
Carlisle
Marianna
Brinkley
Marvell-Elaine

2a-7

Foreman
Mount Ida
Mineral Springs
Gurdon
Lafayette County
Murfreesboro
Spring Hill
Dierks

2a-8

Hampton
Junction City
Fordyce
Strong
Parkers Chapel
Bearden
Woodlawn
Hermitage
Have you been smoking drugs thinking that Hampton will finish in front of JC? You will be in my thoughts and prayers!!

sheepdawg92

Hampton going to shocked Arkansas. JC not the team they use to be why they brag to come back down to 2A and River-crust give us the blueprint on how to beat them.

Cheek

Quote from: N2DEEP on May 16, 2018, 08:13:20 pm
In  the 5, I have the top 4 as:

CCS
Mtn Pine
Magnet Cove
England

then

Poyen
Quitman
Bigelow
Cutter

England will beat MC and Mt Pine.   It will be between England and CC for the title.

Bigditchlion

Shhhh cheek not supposed tell anyone yet. Thought we were going to sneak up on somebody this year. Lol

bleacherbum78

Quote from: sheepdawg92 on May 21, 2018, 01:46:25 pm
Hampton going to shocked Arkansas. JC not the team they use to be why they brag to come back down to 2A and River-crust give us the blueprint on how to beat them.
You do realize that Rivercrest has way better athletes than Hampton has ever and will ever have? Dude come on, just accept that Hampton isn't good at football! It's okay buddy! You have to be able to have good players\athletes to use the "blueprint" on how to beat JC.

bigworm

Quote from: bleacherbum78 on May 21, 2018, 08:17:56 pm
You do realize that Rivercrest has way better athletes than Hampton has ever and will ever have? Dude come on, just accept that Hampton isn't good at football! It's okay buddy! You have to be able to have good players\athletes to use the "blueprint" on how to beat JC.

I respectfully disagree. Hampton had some studs a couple years ago. But im pretty sure they had to move out, so the trailer houses are open for new recruits. I wouldn't count them out yet.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bigworm on May 21, 2018, 08:45:18 pm
I respectfully disagree. Hampton had some studs a couple years ago. But im pretty sure they had to move out, so the trailer houses are open for new recruits. I wouldn't count them out yet.

That was "the perfect storm" and most likely never happens again.

Rida4Life

No doubt Hampton will be solid, but last year they showed a lack of leadership with Thomas and Childs gone.  They are very talented but without some team leadership that talent doesn't always jell.  Coaches can only do so much, a team has to develop it's own chemistry and I feel like Hampton never really developed that last year.... maybe that changes, and if so, they could contend.  If it doesn't, they will still be in that 3-5 race for playoff seeding.
Strong has been REALLY bad in jr. high for several years, now they don't seem to have a coach or direction moving forward.  It's sad to see but the end may be near for Strong football if something doesn't change.

eldofan

Quote from: Rida4Life on May 22, 2018, 09:10:42 am
No doubt Hampton will be solid, but last year they showed a lack of leadership with Thomas and Childs gone.  They are very talented but without some team leadership that talent doesn't always jell.  Coaches can only do so much, a team has to develop it's own chemistry and I feel like Hampton never really developed that last year.... maybe that changes, and if so, they could contend.  If it doesn't, they will still be in that 3-5 race for playoff seeding.
Strong has been REALLY bad in jr. high for several years, now they don't seem to have a coach or direction moving forward.  It's sad to see but the end may be near for Strong football if something doesn't change.
Especially sad considering they won the 2a title 6 and half years ago.

HG Hornet

Quote from: eldofan on May 22, 2018, 12:34:34 pm
Especially sad considering they won the 2a title 6 and half years ago.
When CHG went to Strong in '16, their kids played hard, but there were literally 25 people in their home bleachers cheering for them.  We outnumbered them 10 to 1 and we were the visitors.  Sad.   

dragondad

Quote from: sheepdawg92 on May 21, 2018, 01:46:25 pm

Better pray the Dogs play better than you write,  and they've never been half as good as the 2017 Colts or Dragons.... so, I'll stick to my prediction.  The only thing that might save Hampton from a 5 seed is the senior exodus at PC and the coaching scramble at Bearden.

HG Hornet

Quote from: dragondad on May 23, 2018, 10:05:46 pm
Better pray the Dogs play better than you write,  and they've never been half as good as the 2017 Colts or Dragons.... so, I'll stick to my prediction.  The only thing that might save Hampton from a 5 seed is the senior exodus at PC and the coaching scramble at Bearden.
Very well put Dragondad. 

Rida4Life

Don't be surprised if PC is a little better than people think.  Not saying they will contend for the league title... but they still have a lot of solid skill kids that fit what they do very well.

dragondad

Quote from: Rida4Life on May 24, 2018, 07:41:27 am
Don't be surprised if PC is a little better than people think.  Not saying they will contend for the league title... but they still have a lot of solid skill kids that fit what they do very well.

I agree

eldofan

Pc needs a running back to step up this year to take the pressure off of Jacobs

old.dole

Don't they return both rbs from last year? Morris and Simpson?

eldofan

May 24, 2018, 01:01:50 pm #26 Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 01:08:27 pm by eldofan
Yes but neither one took the pressure off of Jacobs last year after the first 3 games. They didn't help him much in district play . They did nothing against MC. All rushing yards came from Jacobs in that game .

The_Wesson_Blessin

Quote from: eldofan on May 24, 2018, 01:01:50 pm
Yes but neither one took the pressure off of Jacobs last year after the first 3 games. They didn't help him much in district play . They did nothing against MC. All rushing yards came from Jacobs in that game .
But was that due to them not playing well or was it play calling? I seem to recall seeing some obnoxious number of throw attempts in the paper.

eldofan

No they were ineffective and we had no choice but to throw

HG Hornet

Quote from: eldofan on May 24, 2018, 03:17:55 pm
No they were ineffective and we had no choice but to throw
Not knocking your kids, but if they could have caught the balls thrown to them, PC would have won. 

eldofan

Yes we did drop a lot of catchable balls

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas