• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Post Season Sites (Was Bids but info in OP has been updated)

Started by HorseFeathers, January 09, 2019, 05:23:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

District
1---Harrison
3--Pocahontas
4--Ozark
7--mena
8--No tournament

4A State Tournament:  Magnolia

4A North Region:  Morrilton
4A East Region:  Highland
4A South Region:  Mena

Adjudicator

Pocahontas has the 4A-3 conference tournament

Gray lizard

I sure hope harrison bid 96% or higher.  Glad to see North region at Morriliton.

3 Dollar

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 09, 2019, 05:23:58 pm
District
1---Harrison
3--Pocahontas
4--Ozark

Regions
North---Morrilton
East---Brookland, Highland, Pulaski Academy
South--Mena

State---Harrison, Magnolia, Morrilton

wait4it

4A-8 is not playing district tournament.

iRebound

The McClellan, Mills, PA, Stuttgart, Estem, Lonoke, Robinson, Wynne, Forrest City conference isn't either. I think it's 4A-7??

Gray lizard

With the number of teams in the 4A.  District tournaments should be a requirement in every conference.
Can Morriltion get both region and state at their location.  I sure hope so.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

If Harrison got state I am guessing they would hold it at North Arkansas College?

3 Dollar

Quote from: Gray lizard on January 10, 2019, 01:48:21 pm
With the number of teams in the 4A.  District tournaments should be a requirement in every conference.
Can Morriltion get both region and state at their location.  I sure hope so.

Yes.  They have awarded Region and State Tournaments to the same school in the same sport and year

3 Dollar

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on January 10, 2019, 03:21:16 pm
If Harrison got state I am guessing they would hold it at North Arkansas College?

No.  Harrison High School has a brand new facility.

3 Dollar

January 10, 2019, 03:54:06 pm #10 Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 04:09:51 pm by 3 Dollar
IT'S OFFICIAL!!!

4A State Tournament:  Magnolia

4A North Region:  Morrilton
4A East Region:  Highland
4A South Region:  Mena

(((Subi2Sweet)))

You finally have a spot that can almost be considered centrally located and they go with Magnolia... This is pathetic. No offense to Magnolia and their school district.

OrangeCrush.

7-4A district tournament is at Mena

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on January 10, 2019, 04:11:11 pm
You finally have a spot that can almost be considered centrally located and they go with Magnolia... This is pathetic. No offense to Magnolia and their school district.
Agreed! You can toss a rock into Louisiana from Magnolia.........

FoxandHound34

Wasn't Harrison the other school that bid, it's not like it's centrally located either ding dongs. It's on the Missouri border

wait4it

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on January 10, 2019, 07:27:06 pm
Wasn't Harrison the other school that bid, it's not like it's centrally located either ding dongs. It's on the Missouri border
Mortilton also bid. Got to love uninformed posters......

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on January 10, 2019, 08:46:09 pm
Mortilton also bid. Got to love uninformed posters......

Morrilton wasn't included on the list posted by the media I follow on social media, I was told that they were gonna bid on it tho...

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 10, 2019, 08:46:52 pm
Morrilton wasn't included on the list posted by the media I follow on social media, I was told that they were gonna bid on it tho...
Hmmmmm, I'm curious if they pulled the bid then. What a great central location to cut back on those lengthy bus rides.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on January 10, 2019, 08:52:42 pm
Hmmmmm, I'm curious if they pulled the bid then. What a great central location to cut back on those lengthy bus rides.

Idk but 3 Dollar quoted my original post and added Morrilton to it too....

FoxandHound34

Quit your whining and stay home if u want sigmund. Heaven forbid some teams have to drive south every once in a while

Sigmund Sauer

January 10, 2019, 10:17:04 pm #21 Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 10:25:08 pm by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: FoxandHound34 on January 10, 2019, 10:02:28 pm
Quit your whining and stay home if u want sigmund. Heaven forbid some teams have to drive south every once in a while
Yeah, not to Magnolia.

FoxandHound34

Well have your team bid next year then

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: wait4it on January 10, 2019, 08:24:14 pm
regional. Not District
7-4A district is at Mena
4A South regional is at Mena

Gray lizard

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on January 10, 2019, 10:02:28 pm
Well I have driven to NW Arkansas, SW Arkansas, and NE Arkansas. I guess it will be South Arkansas this time.  I just wish I would not have to spend money on hotel for one year. I think I have a right to whine.

youhavenoidea

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on January 11, 2019, 07:08:04 am
7-4A district is at Mena
4A South regional is at Mena
South Regional in Mena??? I guess they were only ones to bid, but come on really?

iRebound

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on January 10, 2019, 08:52:42 pm

It is confirmed. Morrilton pulled their bid for state.

Informant

Magnolia will be a good place for the tournament.  Several schools in the area for practices since team are not allowed to practice on site.  Lodging shouldn't be an issue with a few places to stay in Magnolia itself and also a short distance to El Dorado for lodging and meals.  Let us not forget this is 4A... some teams will only play a couple games to make the finals.  I'm not familiar with the facilities in Magnolia but SAU is bound to have a decent arena if need be. 

I understand the frustration of some about this not being a centralized spot, however, AAA does not/has not/will not consider travel distance for fans/teams when making decisions such as this. 

Best of luck to everyone.  Especially the two lucky teams to play LR Mills

FoxandHound34

It seems my "uninformed" sources were more accurate than others on here after all *cough cough*. In all seriousness I'm suprised they make a bid, I thought Forrest City would bid also since they have a good boys team, but they did not.

wait4it

Magnolia hosted the 5A  state a couple of years ago so they probably will be able to handle 4A.  They will do a good job.  With that being said, I am all for a central location for all state tournaments.  There enough facilities for all tournaments and practices in and around central Arkansas.  And since AAA gets all the gate money and they farm-out the generic T-shirts, there should not be a reason not to at least experiment with this idea.

Go Postal

I believe that when Harrison finished building the new Arena, that the plan was to start bidding for district, regional and state.  I think that with the new Arena added, we have 2 to 4 basketball courts available. 
New Spook House Arena, old Spook House gym for sure.  Not sure if the old Junior High gym is still in use but the college Arena is there if no other conference is using it.  Harrison can be a good travel for some schools in the State but we have put in bids almost every year for Track/Field at the Stadium, multiple Baseball diamonds and Soccer multiple grass pitches and Stadium, because of those outstanding facilities for those sports.  I've heard from many fans that they really like coming here because of how great we try to make their stay and games the best experience possible.  Smaller local schools also place bids for their conferences to use the Goblin Nations facilities to give the best experience for anyone that comes here.
But like was said earlier, your school needs to place your bid(s) to host a playoff and you have a great chance to get it.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Go Postal on January 14, 2019, 07:57:01 pm
I believe that when Harrison finished building the new Arena, that the plan was to start bidding for district, regional and state.  I think that with the new Arena added, we have 2 to 4 basketball courts available. 
New Spook House Arena, old Spook House gym for sure.  Not sure if the old Junior High gym is still in use but the college Arena is there if no other conference is using it.  Harrison can be a good travel for some schools in the State but we have put in bids almost every year for Track/Field at the Stadium, multiple Baseball diamonds and Soccer multiple grass pitches and Stadium, because of those outstanding facilities for those sports.  I've heard from many fans that they really like coming here because of how great we try to make their stay and games the best experience possible.  Smaller local schools also place bids for their conferences to use the Goblin Nations facilities to give the best experience for anyone that comes here.
But like was said earlier, your school needs to place your bid(s) to host a playoff and you have a great chance to get it.

Sounds like Harrison needs to host a monster basketball tournament 😉

cannon

Quote from: Informant on January 11, 2019, 10:51:30 am
Magnolia will be a good place for the tournament.  Several schools in the area for practices since team are not allowed to practice on site.  Lodging shouldn't be an issue with a few places to stay in Magnolia itself and also a short distance to El Dorado for lodging and meals. 

Had the "privilege" of attending the 5A down there in '17, and I can only describe the place as a corner lot in H&ll.  The school has very nice facilities, but the dining choices are scarce, the location is ultra-remote, and that "short" drive to lodging in El Dorado is about 45 minutes in traffic on a 2 lane road. 

Now, before anybody gets up my butt about whining, I'll add that I broke my back while I was there, rode more than 5 hours (paralyzed from the waste down on one side of my body) on horrible roads to get back to the northeast corner of the state, and strolled out with a $90k titanium door prize and a persistent limp. None of that was Magnolia's fault, and yet I blame the place, nonetheless.  I cannot say that my experience was a positive one, so maybe I'm a little biased. 

Asked why his hometown team didn't bid to have it there, Cannon responded:  because, at the time bids were taken, said teams would have had a chance of approximately 3% of actually being in said state tournament.  Frankly, I don't know that those odds have presently changed, so I'm only disappointed in the venue insofar as it eliminates any likelihood that I'd drive down there merely to be entertained by being a disinterested viewer of some decent basketball games. 

wait4it

Quote from: cannon on January 21, 2019, 03:58:43 pm
Had the "privilege" of attending the 5A down there in '17, and I can only describe the place as a corner lot in H&ll.  The school has very nice facilities, but the dining choices are scarce, the location is ultra-remote, and that "short" drive to lodging in El Dorado is about 45 minutes in traffic on a 2 lane road. 

Now, before anybody gets up my butt about whining, I'll add that I broke my back while I was there, rode more than 5 hours (paralyzed from the waste down on one side of my body) on horrible roads to get back to the northeast corner of the state, and strolled out with a $90k titanium door prize and a persistent limp. None of that was Magnolia's fault, and yet I blame the place, nonetheless.  I cannot say that my experience was a positive one, so maybe I'm a little biased. 

Asked why his hometown team didn't bid to have it there, Cannon responded:  because, at the time bids were taken, said teams would have had a chance of approximately 3% of actually being in said state tournament.  Frankly, I don't know that those odds have presently changed, so I'm only disappointed in the venue insofar as it eliminates any likelihood that I'd drive down there merely to be entertained by being a disinterested viewer of some decent basketball games. 
I can agree with most of what you are saying.  I am all for a more centrally locate venue for ALL state tournaments.  Not sure why they are bid out since AAA gets the gate and T-shirts are farmed out to ImageOne.  Magnolia is a quaint little town with some restaurants that are not franchises.

cannon

Quote from: wait4it on January 22, 2019, 08:48:26 am
I can agree with most of what you are saying.  I am all for a more centrally locate venue for ALL state tournaments.  Not sure why they are bid out since AAA gets the gate and T-shirts are farmed out to ImageOne.  Magnolia is a quaint little town with some restaurants that are not franchises.

Indeed, and take 95% of my post as tongue-in-cheek, which was what was intended. I'm a little bitter about the trip to Magnolia because the 8 month post-op recovery period is still pretty fresh in my mind, but it's a nice little town, albeit very remote.

I DO wish that the state competitions were held in a central location, because it would mean saving some vacation time at work and still catching a lot of the games, but the system is what it is, and the facilities at Magnolia are as nice as one could ask for.

wait4it

A more centralized location would be ideal.  Curious as to why the AAA has not thought/attempted to do that.

Gray lizard

Quote from: wait4it on January 25, 2019, 09:37:18 am
A more centralized location would be ideal.  Curious as to why the AAA has not thought/attempted to do that.

I think due to the bid process.  To even have a shot a school must bid 95% or higher.  Think about it for every dollar at the gate the school sends $.95 to the AAA.  The school only keeps $.05 or less.
I would think a central location that seats more would allow for grater attendance and more revenue for the AAA even on a 90/10 split.
I can tell you unless one of my schools are playing I will not drive this year.  I would drive up to a couple hours even if none of my school teams made it. I think they know that and why the finals are in Hot Springs

wait4it

They could do away with the bid process and go into an agreement with said school/venue (like they do with Hot Springs convention center).  More seats=more money AND you could hop between sites to catch other games from other classifications.  I figure there are other factors involved that are not seen from the outside but I feel those can be worked out.  Also, less travel time...Someone needs to try to convince the powers that be to look deeper into this idea.

Rudehog

Would love to see a scenario where no team would be allowed to host a regional or state tournament on their home floor. State tournaments should be neutral floor for everyone. AAA should split the gate 50-50 with the host school. Let 6A school host 5A, etc.. Can't stand to see some teams get an easier path to Hot Springs. It should be more about equality than $$$

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Rudehog on February 12, 2019, 02:40:13 pm
Would love to see a scenario where no team would be allowed to host a regional or state tournament on their home floor. State tournaments should be neutral floor for everyone. AAA should split the gate 50-50 with the host school. Let 6A school host 5A, etc.. Can't stand to see some teams get an easier path to Hot Springs. It should be more about equality than $$$

Easier to get volunteers for schools who are in the tournament.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas