• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 7a state tourney bracket?

Started by Marblehog, March 04, 2015, 08:50:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Marblehog

I heard they were pushing games back a day.  How will they do the games this weekend?

DerekOxford

Quote from: Marblehog on March 04, 2015, 08:50:11 am
I heard they were pushing games back a day.  How will they do the games this weekend?

It just simply moves everything back a day. Instead of Wednesday-Saturday, it's now Thursday-Sunday, assuming it can get started tomorrow safely.

Marblehog

Ok thanks.  Wasn't sure they would play on Sunday

Razorback Red

Roads in NWA are already pretty bad.  Lots of sleet and ice in Benton county now, and I think it is now hitting Washington county.  Based on the forecast, I don't see any way they begin the tourney before Friday. 

Razorback Red

Does anyone know if the teams traveling from Central and East AR went ahead and made the trip last night?  NLR girls were to play at 1pm and WM boys at 2:30pm today, along with Cabot teams at 4 and 5:30, so my guess is they originally coming in last night.   Might be a couple of long days in hotels for the kids, coaches and parents. 

rammer

Cabot went up yesterday afternoon. Was supposed to practice in Rogers this morning but had to cancel due to the heavy sleet.

Brian G

WM is here.  Saw them last night.

bbishop

I subbed in NLR today and when looking for a coach was told they were at the tournament...I assume they either left yesterday or early today.

Brucewayne

NLR girls are in Springdale boys are still at home.

Brian G

First three games on Thursday:
1:00 NLR v SD(G)
2:30 WM v SD(B)
4:00 HB v Cabot(G) 

At least 5 of the 6 are in town.  Cabot girls being the one I don't know.  Supposed to be a thaw around midday.  With the teams already here for the first two I think we are a go in 7A.

5:30 Cabot vs NSide(B) will be the key.  Cabot I think is driving up in the morning.  Let's hope they make it.

7:00 VB vs SSide(G) they'll make it here.  Hour drive for each and they can stay home until 3:00-4:00 when it starts to clear.

8:30 Bryant vs Heritage(B)  Bryant will have the day to get here if not already.

The rest of the field that has to travel(and play later) can make their way in the p.m. when safer.

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on March 04, 2015, 10:21:17 pm
First three games on Thursday:
1:00 NLR v SD(G)
2:30 WM v SD(B)
4:00 HB v Cabot(G) 

At least 5 of the 6 are in town.  Cabot girls being the one I don't know.  Supposed to be a thaw around midday.  With the teams already here for the first two I think we are a go in 7A.

5:30 Cabot vs NSide(B) will be the key.  Cabot I think is driving up in the morning.  Let's hope they make it.

7:00 VB vs SSide(G) they'll make it here.

8:30 Bryant vs Heritage(B)  Bryant will have the day to get here if not already.

The rest of the field that has to travel(and play later) can make their way in the p.m. when safer.

You really think they will play? I don't think if I was a Superintendent I'd put my kids on a bus tomorrow.

Brian G

I think it comes down to who is here already and go from there.  I think it's very fluid.

I can see issues with spirit groups that might be doing day trips but if it starts to clear midday and the first few games teams are in house then....yeah I can see it.

Now, if a team like Cabot boys decide not to come I'm sure that will be accommodated.  But some games should play.

JMO mind you.

There is really not much snow in Springdale/Fayetteville.  I mean it;s not great....

Brucewayne

Is there any chance of using two gyms.... Maybe Fayetteville and har-ber if the weather clears some later in the day to get the famed in at a later time?

Brian G

If that happens, I'm sure they would use Sdale HS gym. 

Cabotred

Cabotred

March 05, 2015, 08:27:47 am #15 Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 08:30:49 am by Cabotred
Quote from: B.G. on March 04, 2015, 10:27:53 pm
I think it comes down to who is here already and go from there.  I think it's very fluid.

I can see issues with spirit groups that might be doing day trips but if it starts to clear midday and the first few games teams are in house then....yeah I can see it.

Now, if a team like Cabot boys decide not to come I'm sure that will be accommodated.  But some games should play.

JMO mind you.

There is really not much snow in Springdale/Fayetteville.  I mean it;s not great....

What about parents. I got up last two mornigs prepared to make trip up to NWA but tournament had been postphoned, went to work instead. Surly they can give us enough notice to make it up there.

Both Cabots boy and girls teams have been up there since Tuesday evening. Girls are staying in FV and boys are in Rogers. So they still have 15 plus miles to travel. 

Cabotred

March 05, 2015, 08:33:04 am #16 Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 08:35:51 am by Cabotred
Playing some games in advance of the schedule would give teams that played early a advantage. More rest compared to teams that had to play in a shortened time window.

Start it tomorrow and play it through Monday. Push the games back an hour on Sunday, so would not interfere with Sunday Morning and let her bump.

They have to err on side of caution.........

Brian G

PPD again.  Sun is out and we should not have problems with local travel by the end of today(Thursday).

Marblehog

Perfect.  Now I can watch Monk after Razorback game on Saturday

Brucewayne

Could have played today!!  The early game teams are in town.  Is this just aaa wanting $$$ from gate

Brian G

I'm unsure how moving it back to a Monday finish helps the gate $$$

Cabotred

I would think AAA wanted it to go off as scheduled. They cannot move back next weeks finals in HS.  I am glad they would rather be safe than sorry. I can only imagine the finger pointing that would go on if one bus was involved in an accident on the way to or away from tournament.  This way tournament is still completed by Monday. Teams that make it will have time get caught up at school and rest their players. 

I don't believe the gate had anything to do with pushing it back. The silver lining for them is that gate will probably be better with majority of games on Weekend.

Burks

Bryant and Conway left for Springdale on Tuesday.

Brucewayne

I cannot understand why else besides gate that aaa would postpone games where teams are both in the area and the weather would allow them to play. 
Teams are stuck in hotels since Tuesday and spending tons of money on expenses.  I realize the weather may not have allowed huge crowds, but would a 1 o'clock Wednesday start really garner a huge crowd

Marblehog

Am I gonna be able to find a seat for Bville game if I get there at 430?  Barber have nice gym?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas