• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Springdale Girls

Started by TheMercenary, January 27, 2015, 02:49:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMercenary

Anyone want to give an opinion on why the Springdale Girls haven't done more?  I've seen them three times and the one thing that is most evident to me is they look tired all the time.

Even with the injuries, they still should be closer to the top of the Conference than the bottom.  At least that's what I thought going into the year.

A-Good-One

A banged-up Kierra Lang changes the whole complex of the roster. Without her they lack a primary ball-handler and have only Owens as a perimeter scorer. Springdale is built from the inside out except for lang. Mack and Goodsell and strong and can rebound, but they're better on putbacks and lay-ups. Can't create their own shot. Faster teams eat Springdale alive. And without Lang, almost everyone - except Southside and Rogers (maybe Heritage) - is faster.

heffy22

Just goes to show that transfers can't always buy you wins.  Maybe next year they can contend.  They have the talent. 

A-Good-One

What transfers? The twins? They're freshmen aren't they?

Brian G

Quote from: Dr Chim Ritchalds on February 01, 2015, 07:59:25 pm
What transfers? The twins? They're freshmen aren't they?
Sophs.

I believe his reference is towards the number of girls that played JH ball in Fayetteville.

A-Good-One

It's an odd reference to make. Who would suggest transfers do always buy wins?

always88

The twins have have played a lot of 7th and 8th grade games during the summer over the last 2 years. It would help them to play Sr high level during the summer even if it means taking some losses. I'm not knocking them or their summer coach, they do possess a lot of potential, and their summer coach works them hard. There is a big difference in the speed of the game between 7/8th grade and Sr high.

heffy22

Several of the girls in the top 7 for Springdale played at Ramay Jr. High in the 9 th grade.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas