• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Benton Job

Started by centralarkansasbasketball, March 22, 2014, 01:27:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

centralarkansasbasketball

What's the word on the Benton job? Who is going for it?

ricepig

Didn't know it was open, where's the coach going?

WMB

Nail left in July to take admin job. Assistant coach Fishburn took over for a year. Did a great job and rates the the full time job but not sure he wants it or they would give it to him. 

ricepig

Quote from: WMB on March 24, 2014, 02:32:21 pm
Nail left in July to take admin job. Assistant coach Fishburn took over for a year. Did a great job and rates the the full time job but not sure he wants it or they would give it to him.

Think they're afraid he would just stamp his foot down? I thought he did a good job of having his team ready to play the few times I watched Benton.

centralarkansasbasketball

The word is the assistant does not want the job. That's why it's open. It will be interesting who goes for it

zebrafan69

Interviews started yesterday but I think the obvious choice will be hired

Blindsided

NWA Hawg

WMB

FreeMoney

Quote from: WMB on April 15, 2014, 08:36:57 am
Yes, he was hired.
Wow! Wonder if all those kids that moved from Benton will now move back to Benton lol

WMB

Only one moved from Benton and I doubt he will go back. Two moved from Bryant and one is a senior this year but the other will try to go to Benton. The other Senior moved from HG to Benton for his 10th grade year but went back to HG for his last 2 years.

FreeMoney

Quote from: WMB on April 16, 2014, 09:52:48 am
Only one moved from Benton and I doubt he will go back. Two moved from Bryant and one is a senior this year but the other will try to go to Benton. The other Senior moved from HG to Benton for his 10th grade year but went back to HG for his last 2 years.
HUH???? WHAT???

BHS1989

Let's see if Coach Hendrix can it going at BHS

Cabotred

I know it is summer league basketball. Tonight Benton beat N Pulaski and lost to Cabot. Benton's 6'9" kid was not there. They pressed and shot the three well, took to many chances against Cabot and Cabot made them pay.

centralarfan

Benton has a couple of transfers that should help coach Hendrix.

Cabotred

Quote from: centralarfan on June 18, 2014, 09:26:53 am

Is one of them the 6'9" kid from BHG?

Eagle20

centralarfan

June 18, 2014, 10:57:47 am #17 Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 11:28:55 am by centralarfan
Not sure of who and what pans out until registrations is complete. But at least one of the kids is from LR. Benton should have a good season this year.

ricepig

Quote from: centralarfan on June 18, 2014, 10:57:47 am
Not sure of who and what pans out until registrations is complete. But at least one of the kids is from LR. Benton should have another good season this year.

If making the state tournament is a good year.......

Eagle20

Sounds like a good recruiting year

centralarfan

I believe it is more of move-ins not recruiting.

ricepig

Quote from: centralarfan on June 18, 2014, 11:46:06 am
I believe it is more of move-ins not recruiting.

Well, all recruits have to move in to the district, haha. But, it happens everywhere and all the time, good for the kids if it's a better situation for them.

centralarfan

Quote from: Cabotred on June 18, 2014, 10:39:58 am
Quote from: centralarfan on June 18, 2014, 09:26:53 am

Is one of them the 6'9" kid from BHG?
I had the opportunity to see Benton play team camp last week. Is the BHG 6'9" kid already there? I was under the impression Benton had a 6'8" already. It would be nice if they had two big men. Can someone clarify this for me?

Cabotred

Jake Scoggins was playing on Benton's summer league team at Cabot. I thought we was on BHG team last year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas