• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 6A State Championship(GIRLS): LR Parkview vs. Greenwood(VOTE)

Started by Brian G, March 11, 2014, 05:30:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

LR Parkview
5 (15.2%)
Greenwood
28 (84.8%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: March 14, 2014, 05:57:58 pm

Brian G

Details to come.

ricepig

Brian G

Game will be Fri or Sat and will announced on Wed around noon.

SNWA

awesome week getting to hang with you ricepig. What a great tournament and Jonesboro should be proud. Ready for this weekend. Hope to see ya there. You may be our good mojo....haha

ricepig

Quote from: SNWA on March 12, 2014, 04:25:30 pm
awesome week getting to hang with you ricepig. What a great tournament and Jonesboro should be proud. Ready for this weekend. Hope to see ya there. You may be our good mojo....haha

Enjoyed meeting you and the other wonderful people from Greenwood, there actually are some, haha. I don't think you'll need my mojo the way y'all shoot, but I plan on being there.

DogsWin7

Maclin on your girl

DogsWin7

DogsWin7

1:09 left in 1st Parkviews ball

Game on 104.7

DogsWin7

AT

Thanks for the updates Diehard. Thee live state link is frozen at 1:22 1st quarter and I can't listen to the radio right now.

DogsWin7

DogsWin7

3:57 left in the 3rd.

GW 45
LR Parkview 31

Gotta love media timeouts!!!  :)

DogsWin7

DogsWin7

GW 59
LR Parkview 48

Correction.

DogsWin7

Hartness 27 pts.

GW 64
LR Parkview 39

Williams with 16 pts
2:18 left

DogsWin7

64 GW
49 LR Parkview
Final!

Congrats Greenwood!!!!

Henson girls are awesome players
Haleigh Henson with 16pts.

MVP for M. Hartness

Brian G

FF posters grab another correct prediction and are now 8-3 with 3 to go.

Baitshop

Congrats to my old friend Coach Ronnie Williams, his daughter Lundon Williams and the rest of the Lady Bulldogs on their State Championship....

DogsWin7

How many rings does that make Coach Reeves and the Lady Bulldogs have??   

They have been pretty dominate the past few years and the junior high team I had the pleasure of watching this year as well is pretty tough too.  :)

Baitshop

According to TT on the broadcast, that is 3 in the last 5 years....and I don't remember if the girls have won anymore championship before that...

Something else the Timothy R. Terry said after the game that I found interesting was that he thought that this may be Coach Clay Reeves last year....

Do you have any thoughts on that..??

Brian G

Pr8hd

Quote from: Baitshop on March 15, 2014, 07:21:42 pm
According to TT on the broadcast, that is 3 in the last 5 years....and I don't remember if the girls have won anymore championship before that...

Something else the Timothy R. Terry said after the game that I found interesting was that he thought that this may be Coach Clay Reeves last year....

Do you have any thoughts on that..??

Bait, I believe the 3 titles under Reeves are the only ones they have in that sport with the first coming in 2010. On Reeves, I am not sure but TT was nice enough to give my son and Little Wheel a ride to the Hot Springs. He reiterated to them it was likely his last as well. He has a daughter that should be a Soph. next year as well so perhaps he just wants to step away on top and enjoy that as a parent not a coach?? Honestly, I was sort of shocked to hear as well. I can see him getting some love / opportunities from larger schools if  he wanted to.

This team only had 2 seniors, so lots coming back. The two they lose though- awfully hard to replace especially Williams. She moves on the school's all-time leading scorer and 2 rings. Henson finished what she came here for ,along with her little sis Sydnie (some think she may be better all-around player), when they brought their Sister Act in. If Reeves does step aside, some coach is going to get a pretty good hand dealt to them,. 6 titles at 2 different schools means you obviously did something right. Congrats to Coach Reeves and  the Lady Bulldogs! Also, s/o to TT if he is lurking out there in the twisting nether, the boys had a good time, enjoyed the company and said the food was great!!

Baitshop

Do you think that he will leave the school district or just stop coaching and teach only?

SNWA

Health Is Not The Issue. Other Schools Are Seeking His Skills. Quite Sure He Will Be Back For Another Run.

Pr8hd

Quote from: Baitshop on March 16, 2014, 11:46:08 am
Do you think that he will leave the school district or just stop coaching and teach only?

I did not talk to TT personally on why he feels or believes that and my son seldom gets the facts straight when he re-hashes what he is told, so even asking him is really futilel. TT has a little more inside track than I. I am just speculating as well with maybe he steps back and pursues maybe an admin route over coaching. This seems to be a trend at GW particularly with coaches.  SNWA is very close to the situation as well. He and TT  both have much more vested interest in the team since they have players currently on the team or an upcoming Freshman to Soph. The team still should be very good though- scary to think as well this same team also once had the two girls (Stegall and O'Dell) that moved to FS and now start/play for Southside, but played till Jr High or so in Greenwood. Thankfully, the Henson girls moved here and off set that loss. Team is on solid ground but I think like Jones, for football,  most all want Reeves as long as he will stay. I would not be surprised if someone was knocking on his door elsewhere.

Brian G

Greenland to Greenwood and 6 titles total.

Name some schools that you would consider an upgrade to what he has now.  Now how many of them have an opening?

(Please, no one say Arkansas)

Pr8hd

Quote from: B.G. on March 16, 2014, 04:21:32 pm
Greenland to Greenwood and 6 titles total.

Name some schools that you would consider an upgrade to what he has now.  Now how many of them have an opening?

(Please, no one say Arkansas)

I heard may not be high school ??  Perhaps a smaller college in Arkansas?

No, definitely not Arkansas. I am trying to get my good friend, and fellow classmate who is the current Women's Head B-Ball at University of Washington to come right the ship at Fayetteville. I think he likes his gig in the Pac 12,  easier than SEC although the Huskies did beat Stanford this year under his guidance.

Brian G

I didn't mean to imply the UA myself, just wasn't wanting to hear someone else say it when it ain't happening.

Harding?

SNWA

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas