• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lonoke @ Stuttgart

Started by Riverviewdad5, October 21, 2018, 03:06:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

footballdad2222

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 23, 2018, 09:33:52 am

Going to state, yes.  Hosting, possibly not.   I think you would be best to shut it down for a few though because you're showing that you aren't very old by your actions thus I would say if you are truly a "football dad" you can PM me your son's info and I will gladly pass that along to your Coach to see how he's doing, (or not doing), this season. 

Besides even if Lonoke does lose to Stuttgart, if CAC loses to BK then Lonoke can very well still obtain the 3 seed which according to my calculations has them hosting a home game?

If?????? You mean when.

Riverviewdad5

Going to state, yes.  Hosting, possibly not.   I think you would be best to shut it down for a few though because you're showing that you aren't very old by your actions thus I would say if you are truly a "football dad" you can PM me your son's info and I will gladly pass that along to your Coach to see how he's doing, (or not doing), this season. 

Besides even if Lonoke does lose to Stuttgart, if CAC loses to BK then Lonoke can very well still obtain the 3 seed which according to my calculations has them hosting a home game?

That would be correct because the 3 in the 2 does host a first round game.

RabAlumni

Quote from: footballdad2222 on October 23, 2018, 09:35:14 am
If?????? You mean when.

PH, Sugartown.... Someone needs to get this clown. I would only assume this is a youngster!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 23, 2018, 09:41:11 am

PH, Sugartown.... Someone needs to get this clown. I would only assume this is a youngster!

BTW, going back to 1934, Stuttgart leads the series 21-8.

BirdFlu

Youngsters lives matter too!! I'm just hoping it isn't a player like I previously thought

footballdad2222

My son is on the team, however he is a young player and only plays on special teams. This is a good team and very tough to get playing time. I am a proud father either way it goes, so stop bashing me on me not being a dad.

BigRiverviewGuy

Quote from: footballdad2222 on October 23, 2018, 09:53:06 am
My son is on the team, however he is a young player and only plays on special teams. This is a good team and very tough to get playing time. I am a proud father either way it goes, so stop bashing me on me not being a dad.

Who's your son then "dad"?

dirtybirdz69

Quote from: BigRiverviewGuy on October 23, 2018, 09:56:45 am
Who's your son then "dad"?
what team does your son play for? You sure seem to talk about the Birds a lot!

RabAlumni

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 23, 2018, 09:44:09 am
BTW, going back to 1934, Stuttgart leads the series 21-8.

Can you breakdown Years/Scores for us?

RabAlumni

Quote from: footballdad2222 on October 23, 2018, 09:53:06 am

Did I bash you?  I believe the only bashing done by anyone was actually yourself.  What number is your son?  And yes, young players typically have to pay their due's before seeing extensive playing time unless they are just freaks of nature and/or the team isn't very good which in this case isn't the case at all.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 23, 2018, 11:59:11 am

Can you breakdown Years/Scores for us?

I don't have the actual book with me, my radio broadcast partner in Stuttgart has it. I just got the series record from him yesterday. I actually thought they would've played more than 29 times throughout the years.

RabAlumni

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 23, 2018, 12:05:29 pm
I don't have the actual book with me, my radio broadcast partner in Stuttgart has it. I just got the series record from him yesterday. I actually thought they would've played more than 29 times throughout the years.

Darn, maybe by Friday?   Yes, I knew they hadn't played all of that much. I bet if you look most of the games probably started in the 60's I'd bet. I'd probably say in the 90's there wasn't a game played!

phdefense

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 23, 2018, 09:41:11 am

I think they are just a youngster when it comes to posting on here and don't know how to act. Maybe in time, they will figure things out. If you think back ten years ago our posting decorum was noticeably different as well.

It does seem pretty obvious that this particular poster doesn't seem to know very much about the rivalry and that you can throw the records out the window in these games. I will say this though. This year's Ricebird senior class(which includes my son) has never lost to Lonoke on the gridiron.

RabAlumni

Quote from: phdefense on October 23, 2018, 02:52:15 pm
I think they are just a youngster when it comes to posting on here and don't know how to act. Maybe in time, they will figure things out. If you think back ten years ago our posting decorum was noticeably different as well.

It does seem pretty obvious that this particular poster doesn't seem to know very much about the rivalry and that you can throw the records out the window in these games. I will say this though. This year's Ricebird senior class(which includes my son) has never lost to Lonoke on the gridiron.

Ah, Yes I forget you are becoming an old man now. You are certainly correct about the posting decorum, I will remember that going forward. I just hope that Lonoke provides a good game for Stuttgart with maybe a W in hand  ;D   You are very accurate on the game being a rivalry. As Sugar pointed out earlier there have only been 29 match-ups with these two teams in the last dang near 80 years and 12 of those have come since 2004 if I am not mistaken. Good luck to everybody Friday night!

HeberFan

What can furry little bunnies do against a MACHINE  ???

Seriously, seems Lonoke always plays this one tough.

SUGARTOWN

I keep seeing folks say "Lonoke always plays the Ricebirds close/tough"...the last 2 years the Birds have outscored Lonoke 91-20.

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 23, 2018, 03:24:46 pm
I keep seeing folks say "Lonoke always plays the Ricebirds close/tough"...the last 2 years the Birds have outscored Lonoke 91-20.

Most of those players are gone.

SUGARTOWN

RabAlumni

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 23, 2018, 03:24:46 pm

Those were Lonoke's dark days as a football program, just as Stuttgart had a similar issue 4-5 years ago. I believe most people are probably looking at the 7-5 advantage Lonoke has over Stuttgart in conference play in the last 12 meetings.  I would only assume?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 23, 2018, 04:01:06 pm

Those were Lonoke's dark days as a football program, just as Stuttgart had a similar issue 4-5 years ago. I believe most people are probably looking at the 7-5 advantage Lonoke has over Stuttgart in conference play in the last 12 meetings.  I would only assume?

Maybe so. But Stuttgart played quite a few Sophs 2 years ago, those players are now seniors. Lonoke looks like they have definitely improved though.

footballdad2222

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 23, 2018, 04:40:21 pm
Maybe so. But Stuttgart played quite a few Sophs 2 years ago, those players are now seniors. Lonoke looks like they have definitely improved though.

Who are all the sophomores starting this season for the birds?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: footballdad2222 on October 24, 2018, 08:06:47 am
Who are all the sophomores starting this season for the birds?

There are 3 linemen, 1 DB and the kicker starting as Soph's this year.

dirtybirdz69

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 24, 2018, 08:26:43 am
that will be great for the upcoming years for the Birds, especially since that the lineman have starting sophs. Next year and two should be fun for O and D line

footballdad2222

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 24, 2018, 08:26:43 am

I knew there were a few. Have they made any sort of an impact?

footballdad2222

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 23, 2018, 12:01:26 pm

Did I bash you?  I believe the only bashing done by anyone was actually yourself.  What number is your son?  And yes, young players typically have to pay their due's before seeing extensive playing time unless they are just freaks of nature and/or the team isn't very good which in this case isn't the case at all.

My son is number 25.

dirtybirdz69

Quote from: footballdad2222 on October 24, 2018, 11:51:08 am
I knew there were a few. Have they made any sort of an impact?
God no they're awful. Definitely need an older and more mature player for these positions

MillsFan1985

Quote from: footballdad2222 on October 24, 2018, 11:53:15 am
My son is number 25.

#25 Blake Book has 4 carries for 9 yards at the Quarterback position this year, keep encouraging him footballdad and I think your son will be the future QB for Stuttgart.

I think if he had the varsity starting line instead of JV, he would have more yards.

footballdad2222

Quote from: MillsFan1985 on October 24, 2018, 11:58:39 am
#25 Blake Book has 4 carries for 9 yards at the Quarterback position this year, keep encouraging him footballdad and I think your son will be the future QB for Stuttgart.

I think if he had the varsity starting line instead of JV, he would have more yards.

Thank you!That does indeed mean a lot coming from another person. I must ask though, who are you?

RabAlumni

Quote from: MillsFan1985 on October 24, 2018, 11:58:39 am

I believe he likely would rather be playing DB or even WR, but that tends to happen to players who are younger they get thrust into a position that isn't their natural fit.  Dad is he still Quiz bowling?

footballdad2222

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 24, 2018, 12:12:05 pm

I believe he likely would rather be playing DB or even WR, but that tends to happen to players who are younger they get thrust into a position that isn't their natural fit.  Dad is he still Quiz bowling?

No, he grew out of that. How did you know he used to?

RabAlumni

Quote from: footballdad2222 on October 24, 2018, 12:17:28 pm
No, he grew out of that. How did you know he used to?

I heard he is/was a very smart young man.  Maybe Coach Price knows what he is doing by thrusting him into the JV QB role building him up for the future instead of maybe his natural fit which again I would say is WR/DB. The most important thing about being a QB is being "Smart".

footballdad2222

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 24, 2018, 12:20:30 pm

I heard he is/was a very smart young man.  Maybe Coach Price knows what he is doing by thrusting him into the JV QB role building him up for the future instead of maybe his natural fit which again I would say is WR/DB. The most important thing about being a QB is being "Smart".

Ah, I see. I have thought about it, and slept on it.. But maybe you're right, and his position could end up being the quarterback. Once he fills out and gains more speed, he should be a good hand.

footballdad2222

In the class of 2021 we do have another quarterback who is a backup. But he's starting at corner right now. One of the few sophomores starting as of now.

RabAlumni

Quote from: footballdad2222 on October 24, 2018, 12:24:10 pm
In the class of 2021 we do have another quarterback who is a backup. But he's starting at corner right now. One of the few sophomores starting as of now.

Yes and unless you are just a freakish athlete that the Coach can't keep off the field typically they hope for QB's to not be playing on any other units.

Riverviewdad5

Quote from: footballdad2222 on October 24, 2018, 12:24:10 pm
From what I hear stuttgart is pretty deep at the quarterback position in every class.

BigRiverviewGuy

Quote from: Riverviewdad5 on October 24, 2018, 01:35:23 pm
From what I hear stuttgart is pretty deep at the quarterback position in every class.

I hear that too, 2 from the senior class, 1-2 in the junior class, one has moved primarily to rb though, 2 in the sophomore class, and 2 coming up from the freshman class!

footballdad2222

Quote from: BigRiverviewGuy on October 24, 2018, 01:47:09 pm
I hear that too, 2 from the senior class, 1-2 in the junior class, one has moved primarily to rb though, 2 in the sophomore class, and 2 coming up from the freshman class!

Sure does seem suspicious a Riverview fan knows all of that... Are you one of us???

RabAlumni

Quote from: footballdad2222 on October 24, 2018, 01:53:25 pm
Sure does seem suspicious a Riverview fan knows all of that... Are you one of us???

Typically fans of another team know more about other teams than they do their own team through word of mouth, research, etc.

These days everybody know's somebody that know's somebody!

RabAlumni

Speaking about knowing your team (Fan), I heard some good news about the Rabbits.  I won't share on this post, but I look forward to seeing the end product soon.

MillsFan1985

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 24, 2018, 03:05:30 pm

Typically fans of another team know more about other teams than they do their own team through word of mouth, research, etc.

These days everybody know's somebody that know's somebody!

This is actually pretty true, I know quite a bit about the other teams that have always been in Mills conference.

RabAlumni

Kick-Off is in less than 32 hours!!!!!!    I am over here getting excited like I am about to be playing in this game.

Should Lonoke fans bring their Off?

MillsFan1985

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 25, 2018, 11:19:29 am
Kick-Off is in less than 32 hours!!!!!!    I am over here getting excited like I am about to be playing in this game.

A week ago at Ned Mosley when I was there it was cold and rainy, I don't you have to worry about the off this time  ;D

Riverviewdad5

Things could be ugly the way stuttgart is playing no need for off

phdefense

I'm sure the Rabbits will be wondering if they should get "off" the bus ;)

MillsFan1985

Quote from: phdefense on October 25, 2018, 11:28:06 am

Knowing they have the refs with they will get off the bus and probably are pretty confident in this game.  ;D ;D ;D

BirdFlu

Our conference has assigned refs so there is no home cooking at any 2-4a game

MillsFan1985

Quote from: BirdFlu on October 25, 2018, 12:01:53 pm

Yeah I know this, but it's a running joke that there is in some of the 2-4A posts that Lonoke has the refs always on their side...

Just joking around.

RabAlumni

Quote from: BirdFlu on October 25, 2018, 12:01:53 pm

I was actually literally referring to can's of off.... You know because of skeeters?   Based on your reaction I feel like you might have a cousin that is going to be calling this game  ???

RabAlumni

Quote from: phdefense on October 25, 2018, 11:28:06 am

You're so funny!   They aren't scared to play Stuttgart... Now those Chain guys I keep hearing about in all the Warren threads yes maybe!

BirdFlu

That was directed at mills

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas