• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

District/regional playoffs

Started by LRRandy, May 25, 2016, 10:27:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LRRandy

Does anyone know how the playoffs set up for the teams after the 3a-4a season ends? Is there somewhere (aaa site?) that explains how the teams match up for post season? How does seeding work?

Basketballfan13

Regionals will work the same as always, top 4 from each district will match up against the other district. For the district tournament each district will go about that how ever they choose. Most districts will just vote for the seeding for the tournament like they would for any other tournament.

pridgehog

Looks like you could run the table in the regular season but still have to play in the first round of District. No more pre qualifying for Regionals before the district tourney for the top seeds. I think the AAA should be horsewhipped for how they have handled this. It is a shame and I wish enough people would grow a pair and throw a fit to them and make them change it this summer. As it stands for us in Pea Ridge, we were only able to schedule three non conference games because we will have 18 Conference games with the majority of them being against 3 A opponents. Hard to prepare your team for Post Season with that Schedule being forced on you. Not fair for anybody involved!!!

LRRandy

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on May 25, 2016, 12:43:29 pm
Regionals will work the same as always, top 4 from each district will match up against the other district. For the district tournament each district will go about that how ever they choose. Most districts will just vote for the seeding for the tournament like they would for any other tournament.
so after the regular season th district tournament will just be against the teams you played in the regular season including the 3a teams or just 4a v 4a?

Basketballfan13

Come district time you will just play the same classification schools you normally play such as 4a vs 4a. You can still give the better teams a bye to the semis to automatically qualify for regionals, it just depends on how your bracket is set up for the tournament.

RedWolf275

Coaches voting to see who gets automatic regional bids will be interesting for sure. Only the AAA could come up with a scheme like this.

LRRandy

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on May 25, 2016, 03:03:25 pm
Come district time you will just play the same classification schools you normally play such as 4a vs 4a. You can still give the better teams a bye to the semis to automatically qualify for regionals, it just depends on how your bracket is set up for the tournament.
i guess my real question is, are they going to put you back in the most recent district for a district tournament? Example. Baptist prep played in the 4a4 last year. CAC played in the 4a2 (I think). Those two teams are now part of a different conference made up of 4a and 3a schools. When the 3a schools drop back down to 3a for post season will Baptist prep and CAC just play the 4a schools they have played during the regular season or will there be some other configuration to get more 4a schools together to make a tournament. I'm sorry if I'm making this harder than it should be but I'm just confused by the whole 3a/4a mixture. It seems unfare to both sides. 3A schools will mostly get whipped and 4a schools will suffer from not playing a greater number of quality opponents to prepare them for the post season.

Basketballfan13

The districts will be slightly changed. Districts change a little every 2 years mainly due to enrollment numbers and schools changing in classification, but for the most part they stay the same. Next year is the first year of a new 2 year cycle so there are some changes in districts. Next year's districts are posted on the aaa website.

LRRandy

I found it. Now I understand. Thanx

2fe

Quote from: pridgehog on May 25, 2016, 01:23:28 pm
I think the AAA should be horsewhipped for how they have handled this. It is a shame and I wish enough people would grow a pair and throw a fit to them and make them change it this summer.

It won't change over the summer but there may be some amendments to the proposal.

Remember, AAA only enforces what the school administrators pass. AAA didn't create this issue.

BoxNOne

I thought the AAA proposed things and the administrators voted on them. If this is true, AAA did create this mess.

Missco

It is all watered down anyway. Half of every district will still make it to regionals. There just won't be automatic bids. Geez some states have district tournaments and only 1 or 2 teams advance depending on the state.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: RedWolf275 on May 25, 2016, 06:01:30 pm
Coaches voting to see who gets automatic regional bids will be interesting for sure. Only the AAA could come up with a scheme like this.

There won't be any automatic bids anymore. The district will be as follow one or the other way:
1 vs 8
2 vs 7
3 vs 6
4 vs 5
You win your 1st game you go to regional.
Some Conference that are split will do them like a regional.

RedWolf275

Hadn't heard that the automatic regional bids were done away with. That really makes the regular season mean absolutely nothing.

Missco

It means as much as it always did. Teams play to be first. Statewide it cuts down on travel regardless what a few think. Seriously, half of every district moves on. The purpose of the regular season it to get better. I doubt the new set up is really going to change which teams make it to regionals. Arkansas school administrators need to grow a set and atleast goto five classes. Four would be plenty. TN has 3.

RedWolf275

Missco

Kids just want to play and win. They don't get caught up into things that bother adults.

2fe

Quote from: BoxNOne on May 28, 2016, 08:12:56 am
I thought the AAA proposed things and the administrators voted on them. If this is true, AAA did create this mess.

Admins propose things in their activity districts. If it gets out of activity districts, it's then voted on statewide. AAA will give a "pass" or "or don't pass" recommendation before the state votes.

State legislature was putting pressure on to cut travel costs and some admins got together, copied states like Missouri, and pushed this thru.

Eagle20

Quote from: BoxNOne on May 28, 2016, 08:12:56 am
Most proposals come from some administrator or group of administrators.

RedWolf275

Then what does AAA do exactly outside of raking in money during the post season and drawing very good salaries. Please don't answer with enforcement of rules lol.

BoxNOne

This is a really good question. From reading some of the posts above, it doesn't sound like AAA does much. It is all administrators fault.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas