• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Boys State Tournament

Started by CTEPirateFan, February 27, 2016, 11:51:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PASS

Baptist won by 20, but it was a tighter game than the score indicated. BP was better team, but Gosnell showed up & played.

Greatdane6

Round 2 Andre Jones vs D J Franklin two of the best players in 4a going head to Head it was good as advertised when these two met.

Greatdane6

Now I got to let everybody know that when I meant about the Jones vs Franklin Matchup this is off of last years accomplishments by both players. Franklin was the 4a tournament MVP and Jones last year was the 5a tournament MVP when he played for LR McClellan. Nothing to take away from the great seasons from both Helena Central and Baptist Prep.

Billie Blue

Quote from: Greatdane6 on March 05, 2016, 07:14:23 am
Now I got to let everybody know that when I meant about the Jones vs Franklin Matchup this is off of last years accomplishments by both players. Franklin was the 4a tournament MVP and Jones last year was the 5a tournament MVP when he played for LR McClellan. Nothing to take away from the great seasons from both Helena Central and Baptist Prep.
Yes it will be a good match up tonight those two players are going to get there points but the key is which players are going to step up and score besides them I think our #11 and #4 will do it and another interesting thing is when we play them man to man which player will coach Sherrer have guarding Jones and last but not least Malvern is playing in there home gym that makes a HUGE difference  so we need all the billies fans and the rest of the 8-4A fans to come and help cheer on the billies if you can make the trip to malvern

itsslim

get er done billies!!! SEARK!!

Greatdane6

Quote from: Billie Blue on March 05, 2016, 07:30:11 am
Yes it will be a good match up tonight those two players are going to get there points but the key is which players are going to step up and score besides them I think our #11 and #4 will do it and another interesting thing is when we play them man to man which player will coach Sherrer have guarding Jones and last but not least Malvern is playing in there home gym that makes a HUGE difference  so we need all the billies fans and the rest of the 8-4A fans to come and help cheer on the billies if you can make the trip to malvern
Also on top of what I was saying about the seasons Jones and Franklin are having, also nothing to take away from Tyree Nolen #11 for Monticello and Jordan Hughes's #2 Of Malvern is having to Hughes last year was the man last year for Malvern and he made the scarifice for the better of the team. He could have been selfish and said this is my team but didn't.

1998billieblue

Monticello is already playing better with #4 Saniyas Brown back in the lineup.  He was kept out of Regional due to a broken nose.  He guards really well so that will free up Ty and DJ.  Should be a great game again tonight. 

Monticello 69
Malvern 62..

THE D.O.C

Malvern is 10-0 at home and play very well there. They coasted last night and still beat a good Riverview team 74-49  I don't see Malvern losing at home.

Malvern      72
Monticello   61

1998billieblue

Wow pretty bold prediction since Malvern barely beat Monticello in the regional.  Won't be much of a home court advantage since Monticello will travel very well. 

Billie Blue

Any updates on any of the early games

Casual Observer

AirWarren

Let's go Goats. Hoping you guys get the back to back.

beach bum

The Leopards use their home court to win a thriller 67-65.....

AirWarren

1998billieblue

And some controversial calls at end of the game. 

THE D.O.C

Quote from: 1998billieblue on March 05, 2016, 01:27:36 pm
Wow pretty bold prediction since Malvern barely beat Monticello in the regional.  Won't be much of a home court advantage since Monticello will travel very well.
Malvern is 10-0 at home and play very well there. They coasted last night and still beat a good Riverview team 74-49  I don't see Malvern losing at home.

Malvern      72      Final Score                     69
Monticello   61                                          64

Well???

1998billieblue

What you said a 11 point loss.  Had the official not called the BS call at half court when Monticello stole the ball and dunked(whistle wasn't blown until Monticello player was dunking the ball) that makes it a 1 possession game. Might have been a diff story.  Congrats on the victory. 

LRRandy

Quote from: 1998billieblue on March 05, 2016, 10:33:26 pm
What you said a 11 point loss.  Had the official not called the BS call at half court when Monticello stole the ball and dunked(whistle wasn't blown until Monticello player was dunking the ball) that makes it a 1 possession game. Might have been a diff story.  Congrats on the victory.
i was a little surprised Monticello just started Jacking up 3's at the end. With 50 seconds left down 5 with the ball I thought they might get a quick 2 and put Malvern back on the line. Spirited comeback fell short. Entertaining game. Both teams fought hard.

1998billieblue

Mr Jones is all Malvern has.  He drives the lane and gets tough fouls.  He is legit and will do good a Ualr. 

I was screaming to just get points when they started jacking 3's. Especially when they had 2 rebounds under the basket.

LRRandy

Quote from: 1998billieblue on March 05, 2016, 10:44:53 pm
Mr Jones is all Malvern has.  He drives the lane and gets tough fouls.  He is legit and will do good a Ualr. 

I was screaming to just get points when they started jacking 3's. Especially when they had 2 rebounds under the basket.
yes he is. Very smooth and explosive. Your #30 had the dunk of the night tho.
Fun game to watch.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: 1998billieblue on March 05, 2016, 10:44:53 pm

Mr. Jones isn't all Malvern has he's just a gifted talent who's allowed to create. Maybe you didn't look in the trophy case and on the wall when you came in.

1998billieblue

Seeing as he transferred from Mclelan for 1 year(questionable) then the trophy case has nothing to do with him this year.  Take him off your team and they are a 4 seed out of regional.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: 1998billieblue on March 06, 2016, 09:18:06 am
Seeing as he transferred from Mclelan for 1 year(questionable) then the trophy case has nothing to do with him this year.  Take him off your team and they are a 4 seed out of regional.
Malvern also had a kid to transfer away #24 Bj Lacy 6'6' forward, if you add him back you'd lost by 20.

1998billieblue

You have no argument.  Good luck.

THE D.O.C

1998billieblue

No you didn't.  Jones is all you have.  He scores 30 a game you scored 67 last night.  If he isn't on the team(again the transfer is questionable) and Hughes gets his 15-20 then who picks up the rest.  That's a 30 point loss last night.  It's cool that Jones is on ur team.  Congrats and good luck.

1998billieblue

14-10 last year without Jones.  I rest my case.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: 1998billieblue on March 06, 2016, 09:48:51 am
No you didn't.  Jones is all you have.  He scores 30 a game you scored 67 last night.  If he isn't on the team(again the transfer is questionable) and Hughes gets his 15-20 then who picks up the rest.  That's a 30 point loss last night.  It's cool that Jones is on ur team.  Congrats and good luck.
Take a look a HUDL and see for yourself just type BJ Lacy played on your floor last year

1998billieblue

14-10 and didn't make it past regional boy he was a force.

THE D.O.C

March 06, 2016, 10:01:18 am #79 Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 10:02:55 am by THE D.O.C
Kids transfer all the time for various reasons, just look at Hall, NLR, Bentonville, Pulaski Academy and others. Malvern don't go out seeking kids like those other schools. We have a tradition here. Our girls went back to back in 2013 and 14,

hawgfan15

Quote from: 1998billieblue on March 06, 2016, 09:48:51 am

How is the Jones transfer questionable? You sure do sound salty in your posts, it's pretty pathetic.

1998billieblue

Haha funny you bring up NLR.  They had their coached fired, and lost victories for 2 seasons.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: 1998billieblue on March 06, 2016, 10:07:45 am
Haha funny you bring up NLR.  They had their coached fired, and lost victories for 2 seasons.
Yeah I think  that was a case of misappropriation of funds

Ozark Hog

I would say that Malvern should be more concerned with Baptist than what happened the last game. Last time I checked Baptist was playing pretty good against all the teams that was supposed to run them off the floor because the big boys just can not play in a fast tempo game. I do not care how good Jones is until you play against the two 7 footer you will be in for a big surprise. One will post you up down low and the other one will step out and knock down a 3 pointer, double team them and the twins will take it to the hole  or pull up and make a 3.

THE D.O.C

Yeah I saw Baptist and they look pretty good, the 7-3 kid can knock down perimeter shot with regularity and the 7-0 kid is good on the block, they have guards that can run the floor very well and they operate in half-court set without too many mistakes. They like to lob the ball short corner to both bigs mainly the 7-4 kid. I do see weakness in stamina, they rotate both bigs when they get tired. Malvern have 2 kids that are pretty solid in the paint too although only 6-2 and 6-3 they play hard boxing out. Gonna be intriguing matchups in the paint. Jones is only 6-4 but plays well above the rim, and can catch lobs as well. 

1998billieblue

Gotta give the upper hand to Malvern if the game is fast pace.  But AR Babtist should be effective on offense against the 2/3 zone.   Jones will get his 30.  Should be a fun game to watch.

Greatdane6

Ozark Hog

Watched Baptist play quite a bit  this year and about every they play tries the fast paced game, big boys are in a whole lot better shape than what people think.
Here is the problem they are hard to trap because they have an outlet to the big boys and the guards are fast enough to burn you if you do not get back. Once they get it a cross the center line, they are very  patient team and they do not throw the ball away. They have a decent bench with a very good freshman guard ,who would be starting on most teams in 4-A Plus they are good 3 point shooter even the 7'-3" guy can knock them down.
When they are on defense, you most like are not going to get many inside  shoots against them, so you better be knocking down the 3 pointer, because their will not be many second chances.So you better hope you have a hot shooting team and the Baptist boys having a off night.
One other thing, Baptist schedule and played teams out of state this year that is far better than anything you will see in 4-A basketball in Arkansas. Not saying Malvern can't beat them, but I for sure would not bet against them. Malvern is not going to show them anything they haven't see already.

THE D.O.C

Billie Blue

Quote from: 1998billieblue on March 05, 2016, 10:33:26 pm
I agree with you 98 BB that was a call that I totally didn't understand even though it was a state semifinals game the refs supposed to be some of the best of the best during this time of the year I feel that malvern got some home court advantage calls at one point during the first half it was 8 fouls against us and 2 against them  one thing that we didn't do well was when Jones went to drive in the lane instead of trying to block his shot we should have just gotten in front of him and tried to get a charge call and in that first quarter we got behind to much maybe we was a little too hyped up and I agree with you Jones is all they have this year but like you said also good luck in the finals to the leopards

Hootiethehog

On that particular play, the malvern player was knocked to the ground and the whistle was blown. The crowd noise was so loud you couldn't hear it until the guy was in the air on the dunk.

I was on the corner of the court on malvern's end taking pictures and I heard the whistle shortly after the malvern player hit the ground.

The refs were not the best though, that I am in agreement on.  Lots of missed and interesting calls throughout the game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas