• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Girls State Tournament

Started by CTEPirateFan, February 27, 2016, 11:48:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CTEPirateFan

http://www.maxpreps.com/tournament/on4NeHZ9EeW-8KA2nzwbTA/6ty953aTEeW-8KA2nzwbTA/girls-basketball-winter-15-16/2016-girls-basketball-state-tournament-brackets-2016-4a-girls-bb-state-bracket.htm

1N Prairie Grove
BYE

3S Nashville
3E ESTEM

1E Riverview
BYE

3N Pottsville
4S Dollarway

1S Star City
BYE

2E Central Arkansas Christian
4N Huntsville

2N Berryville
BYE

2S Monticello
4E Brookland

strongandsteady

Would like to see Riverview's girls vs Nashville's girls

HighSchoolRecruiter

I'm not a Star City fan, but they will win State. Noone can compete with them, they would beat most boys teams.

razorsharp94

Riverview is 30-0 and is the defending state champion.  Star City is probably their closest competitor though.

HighSchoolRecruiter

Quote from: razorsharp94 on February 29, 2016, 02:53:08 pm
Riverview is 30-0 and is the defending state champion.  Star City is probably their closest competitor though.

They're on a collision course, I would be interested to watch this game.

sportsguy80

They are very similar. SC has an edge on depth but Riverview star players may be a little bit more skilled.

tacomeat

I predict Riverview by 20 in all 3 of their games. This is just one of those teams that doesn't come around very often. They've only had 1 game all year where you were worried they might lose while watching them - at Beebe (who is good) they couldn't hit a shot for 3 qrts. They were up 13 in the 4th at Cabot (their only common opponent w/ Star City)& started stalling too early & let them tighten it up some, but were never in danger of losing in the second half. With every girl back from last year & the way they're playing they've gotta be the biggest favorite boys or girls in any class.

Tarheel

Riverview  is 35-0 and it wouldn't surprise me if they won by 20 in all of their games. The only team that has gotten within 10 was Beebe during Holiday tournament.

Tarheel

Also this doesn't mean a thing but Riverview  beat Star City last year in the quarter finals by 20+. I'm not sure how many seniors they lost but if they meet up I see the game close in the 1st half before Riverview pulls away big in the 3rd quarter.

Bulldog92

The Riverview/SC game would be a good one to see but I am more concerned about this first game!!  We are in the state tournament and the SC LadyDogs know you don't take any team for granted. The toughest game in the tournament is the one you are about to play!! 

Bulldog92

By the way Tacomeat they had one starter off of last years team that graduated last year, they return four starters. But those four starters are their guards and they are very good.

WattsOzark

Quote from: Tarheel on February 29, 2016, 08:37:05 pm
Riverview  is 35-0 and it wouldn't surprise me if they won by 20 in all of their games. The only team that has gotten within 10 was Beebe during Holiday tournament.
Riverview has really played 35 games? 

casper07

I'm still trying to figure out why strongandsteady wants to see a Riverview/Nashville matchup???

Bulldog92

tacomeat

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 29, 2016, 10:23:11 pm
Riverview is 30-0
Maxpreps is incomplete doesn't list wins over Blytheville & Bryant at Beebe tournament or wins over Vilonia & Cabot at Cabot holiday tournament or win at district over ESTEM.

PASS

Quote from: tacomeat on March 01, 2016, 02:08:22 am
Maxpreps is incomplete doesn't list wins over Blytheville & Bryant at Beebe tournament or wins over Vilonia & Cabot at Cabot holiday tournament or win at district over ESTEM.
if Riverview is 35-0, then wouldn't they have broken AAA rules by playing too many games thus far.

Tarheel

If that's the case it's alot  of teams breaking rules then. I have never heard of such a thing. I could be wrong too. At this point last year at end of state they were 38-1.

Bulldog92

There is a maximum number of games that a team can play in the regular season. I believe they can play in three tournaments that count towards one of those games per tourny, no matter how many actual games are played in each tournament. The post season tourny doesn't count towards that number. So it can be done. I didn't realize that some of the games aren't on MaxPreps. 35-0 is a great achievement!!

Jack1990

From AAA Handbook:

Season Maximum Permissible Events

Sr. High                                 Jr. High

Varsity          JV               Varsity                 JV
   BASKETBALL (non-FB)           28                 28              22                      22   
   BASKETBALL (FB schools)      20                 20              18                      18   

All varsity basketball teams may also participate in two invitational tournaments. Non-football schools may add a third basketball tournament by excluding three regular season basketball games. Football schools may add a third basketball tournament by excluding two regular season basketball games.

Bulldog92

Thanks for straightning me out Jack1990, haha!!! I was close.

Tarheel

That's nice to know. Thanks for the insight.

WattsOzark

Quote from: PASS on March 01, 2016, 08:48:37 am
if Riverview is 35-0, then wouldn't they have broken AAA rules by playing too many games thus far.
It's a rule, but there doesn't seem to be a punishment for breaking it.

tacomeat

March 01, 2016, 10:19:55 pm #22 Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:22:30 pm by tacomeat

Uncle Tupelo

Quote from: strongandsteady on February 29, 2016, 02:32:14 pm
Would like to see Riverview's girls vs Nashville's girls

Maybe next year.

~WPS~

March 02, 2016, 02:26:40 pm #24 Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 12:39:33 pm by ~WPS~

Billie Blue

Nashville and Dollarway both lost the south not doing so well in girls either Star City and Monticello we going to have to get things rolling for the south

WattsOzark

How did Huntsville CAC girls turn out?

MrSmith

hawgfan15

Quote from: ~WPS~ on March 02, 2016, 02:26:40 pm
Hopefully a change is in order for the Nashville girls program.

We can only hope

Billie Blue

Congratulations to coach Lucy Williams and the Monticello lady Billies on a great season making state again this will be her last year of many many years of coaching whoever is the coach next year will inherent a good team because we didn't have any seniors and so the whole team comes back next year and with the jr high team coming up being second in conference the future looks bright for girls basketball at Monticello if we can only get by our arch nemesis star city

NEA Razorback olfan

Anyone know much about the  Berryville girls ??

WattsOzark

They came on strong at the end of the year, and were playing at a very high level the last 2 weeks.

NEA Razorback olfan

CTEPirateFan

Quote from: Billie Blue on March 03, 2016, 04:59:17 pm
Congratulations to coach Lucy Williams and the Monticello lady Billies on a great season making state again this will be her last year of many many years of coaching whoever is the coach next year will inherent a good team because we didn't have any seniors and so the whole team comes back next year and with the jr high team coming up being second in conference the future looks bright for girls basketball at Monticello if we can only get by our arch nemesis star city
Coach Williams is retiring? This is what leaving Monticello for college does to me. I'm not in the loop.

tacomeat

Riverview v. CAC for the 5th time this season for the state title.

strongandsteady

Riverview girls are heading to state congrats

Loverofthegame

CAC was on no ones radar to get to the championship but you can't ever ignore the number 3 player in the nation. Congratulations CAC. 5th times a charm lol

Eagle20

Quote from: HighSchoolRecruiter on February 29, 2016, 02:36:24 pm
I'm not a Star City fan, but they will win State. Noone can compete with them, they would beat most boys teams.
Nice call being better than most boys teams.  CAC girl beat them basically by herself.

Tarheel

Riverview will win another title. Game will be close through the 1st half. Riverview pressure defense will put the game away in the 3rd quarter. Final score 64 to 48.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Tarheel on March 05, 2016, 09:52:35 pm
Riverview will win another title. Game will be close through the 1st half. Riverview pressure defense will put the game away in the 3rd quarter. Final score 64 to 48.

Riverview has too many weapons , I agree

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas