• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A North Regional @ Prairie Grove

Started by razorsharp94, February 21, 2016, 12:00:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razorsharp94

February 21, 2016, 12:00:41 am Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:13:48 pm by HF
Boys Bracket w/ Times

Girls Bracket w/ Times

Boys
W1 Huntsville
4th 4 Dover

2nd 4 Ozark
3rd 1 Berryville

W4 Baptist Prep
4th 1 Shiloh

2nd 1 Pea Ridge
3rd 4 Pottsville

Girls
W4 Pottsville
4th 1 Gravette

2nd 1 Berryville
3rd 4 Clinton

W 1 Prairie Grove
4th 4 Robinson

2nd 4 Ozark
3rd 1 Huntsville

Predictions
Boys
Huntsville
Ozark
Baptist
Pea Ridge

Huntsville
Baptist

Baptist

Girls
Pottsville
Berryville
PG
Ozark

Pottsville
PG

PG

LRRandy

I'm looking forward to watching the games this week. THIS is the most wonderful time of the year. :-)

Ole Legend

Anybody have any predictions?

TheOfficial

Who's hosting this regional

MrSmith

Prairie Grove is hosting the north regional.

beach bum

Quote from: Ole Legend on February 21, 2016, 08:47:07 am
Anybody have any predictions?

The 1-4A takes 3 of the 4 on the boys side. Berryville and Ozark will be a good one but I'll take Berryville, Huntsville, Pea Ridge, and Baptist to advance to state.

OOps

Quote from: beach bum on February 21, 2016, 04:32:29 pm
The 1-4A takes 3 of the 4 on the boys side. Berryville and Ozark will be a good one but I'll take Berryville, Huntsville, Pea Ridge, and Baptist to advance to state.
I find that hard to believe. The 4 4a conference was better from top to bottom. There's a big drop off after Huntsville and pea ridge in the 1-4a. Prep and Ozark both win by double digits and the other two games will be fairly close. Prep will win the regional they're by far the best team.

Ole Legend

Quote from: beach bum on February 21, 2016, 04:32:29 pm

I like those predictions. Although I can see Ozark squeaking past Berryville.

Ole Legend

Quote from: OOps on February 21, 2016, 05:42:28 pm
I find that hard to believe. The 4 4a conference was better from top to bottom. There's a big drop off after Huntsville and pea ridge in the 1-4a. Prep and Ozark both win by double digits and the other two games will be fairly close. Prep will win the regional they're by far the best team.

Ozark lost to AB by 30 in their championship. Obviously that proves that there is a bigger drop off in the 4-4a

LRRandy

Quote from: Ole Legend on February 21, 2016, 06:05:06 pm
Ozark lost to AB by 30 in their championship. Obviously that proves that there is a bigger drop off in the 4-4a
how high is the high. I believe there is a drop off in the 4a4. But does the top of the 4a1 play at the level of the top of the 4a4? How good are the second and third team in each conference? I guess we find out this week. Isn't this fun!!

mountainman

I think the 4A-4 boys can win some of the 4 games. They will be some very good games to watch. Here what I'm basing it on Huntsville & Ozark played 3 times Huntsville won the first 2 games by 5 & 4 points. Ozark won the last game by 17 points.  Now here the rest of my scenario.

Ozark beat Dover at Ozark by 15 points
Dover beat Ozark at Dover BY 12 points

Ozark beat Pottsville at Pottsville by 5 points
Pottsville beat Ozark at Ozark by 15 points

Pottsville beat Dover at Dover by 12 points
Dover beat Pottsville at Pottsville by 2 points

These 3 Teams are basically even. What I'm saying they can play with anybody in 4A-1

LRRandy

Quote from: mountainman on February 21, 2016, 07:19:18 pm
I think the 4A-4 boys can win some of the 4 games. They will be some very good games to watch. Here what I'm basing it on Huntsville & Ozark played 3 times Huntsville won the first 2 games by 5 & 4 points. Ozark won the last game by 17 points.  Now here the rest of my scenario.

Ozark beat Dover at Ozark by 15 points
Dover beat Ozark at Dover BY 12 points

Ozark beat Pottsville at Pottsville by 5 points
Pottsville beat Ozark at Ozark by 15 points

Pottsville beat Dover at Dover by 12 points
Dover beat Pottsville at Pottsville by 2 points

These 3 Teams are basically even. What I'm saying they can play with anybody in 4A-1
admittedly I know very little about the 4a-1. I do know Ozark, Pottsville and Dover are three very scrappy teams.

OOps

Quote from: Ole Legend on February 21, 2016, 06:05:06 pm
It proves that AB is a lot better than everyone else.

razorsharp94

As someone who has saw both Ozark and Berryville I believe Ozark wins with ease. The Most recent Baptist game is not indicative of how good Ozark is IMO. I believe the better game will be Huntsville v Ozark in the 2nd round. I like Huntsville's overall length and shooting ability over Ozark. Huntsville Baptist will be a wash. In fact I believe Baptist is a top 2 contender to win it all. I like Baptist over Huntsville. Pea Ridge over Ozark. Those are your top 4 seeds out of this region IMO

LRRandy

Quote from: razorsharp94 on February 21, 2016, 10:11:10 pm
As someone who has saw both Ozark and Berryville I believe Ozark wins with ease. The Most recent Baptist game is not indicative of how good Ozark is IMO. I believe the better game will be Huntsville v Ozark in the 2nd round. I like Huntsville's overall length and shooting ability over Ozark. Huntsville Baptist will be a wash. In fact I believe Baptist is a top 2 contender to win it all. I like Baptist over Huntsville. Pea Ridge over Ozark. Those are your top 4 seeds out of this region IMO
what are Berryvilles strengths?

beach bum

beach bum

Pea Ridge will shoot lights out against Baptist and pull the upset in the semifinals.... it will be similar to when Lincoln shot lights out 2 years ago and beat a HEAVILY favored Maumelle team. Take that prediction to the bank and cash it  8)

BVCAT

LRRandy

Quote from: beach bum on February 22, 2016, 10:47:55 pm
Pea Ridge will shoot lights out against Baptist and pull the upset in the semifinals.... it will be similar to when Lincoln shot lights out 2 years ago and beat a HEAVILY favored Maumelle team. Take that prediction to the bank and cash it  8)
this time of year a team that does in fact shoot the lights out has a chance against anyone. You don't get to regional tournament by accident. Looking forward to the games.

razorsharp94

Quote from: LRRandy on February 22, 2016, 08:47:41 pm
what are Berryvilles strengths?

They have a pretty good guard who has been their best player for a couple years his name escapes me.  I was not impressed with them. I actually thought they had a better team last season. I believe the 1-4A was a better overall conference last season.  Huntsville and Pea Ridge are really good I'm not sure about anybody else from that conference. I thought Ozark, Pottsville, and Baptist all looked much better than they are.  I haven't saw Dover but I suspect that Dover is better than they are as well.  I could be wrong.

pridgehog

Quote from: beach bum on February 22, 2016, 10:47:55 pm
I hope you aren't trying to jinx Pea Ridge with this prediction!  ;)

beach bum

Quote from: pridgehog on February 23, 2016, 09:29:40 am
I hope you aren't trying to jinx Pea Ridge with this prediction!  ;)

Not at all. I have always been on the Hawks bandwagon....

LRRandy

Quote from: razorsharp94 on February 23, 2016, 09:15:14 am
They have a pretty good guard who has been their best player for a couple years his name escapes me.  I was not impressed with them. I actually thought they had a better team last season. I believe the 1-4A was a better overall conference last season.  Huntsville and Pea Ridge are really good I'm not sure about anybody else from that conference. I thought Ozark, Pottsville, and Baptist all looked much better than they are.  I haven't saw Dover but I suspect that Dover is better than they are as well.  I could be wrong.
dover plays hard. They have a great 3 point shooter, #2, and a couple other players that can make three's as well. I was really impressed with #1. He is a smart player that is tough and makes good decisions. They will be a tough out.

LRRandy

February 23, 2016, 11:02:26 am #23 Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 01:01:14 pm by LRRandy
Quote from: XTIGER on February 23, 2016, 10:50:23 am
Just for the record Lincoln lost that game two years ago to Maumelle,  4a-1 is down this year , Huntsville and Pea Ridge will win there openers in close games but wouldn't be shocked if they both got beat, Baptist and Ozark will win handily against Shiloh and berryville .
now why would you go and ruin beach bums excited exhortation by bringing facts into it. We may need to put the trip to the bank on hold.

Gray lizard

So any thoughts on the girls bracket? 
Pottsville is the clear strength out of the 4-4A.  They can really move the ball at times and play a good fast paced pressure game.  If the game is up tempo they create a lot of good shots. 

Gray lizard

Boys side Baptist is a tough draw.  Just hard to run a teams offense with Baptist length.  Only way I see to beat them is get the ball down the court before the bigs and score fast.  Need to turn them over and break fast to the goal.

pridgehog

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 23, 2016, 01:05:22 pm
Boys side Baptist is a tough draw.  Just hard to run a teams offense with Baptist length.  Only way I see to beat them is get the ball down the court before the bigs and score fast.  Need to turn them over and break fast to the goal.
Or get hot and hit about 12 to 14 three pointers against their zone. That can be pretty tough too...

beach bum

Quote from: XTIGER on February 23, 2016, 11:05:49 am
Hate it when facts get in the way of a good story.  Lincoln did play a great game vs. but Maumelle hit a wild three at the buzzer to send game in to OT where they won.

Take it to the bank... Hawks 58 Just Another Religious School Prep 54

BIG_K

LRRandy

Quote from: pridgehog on February 23, 2016, 02:03:01 pm
Or get hot and hit about 12 to 14 three pointers against their zone. That can be pretty tough too...
or.....the opposing players could float 3 feet in the air, shoot fireballs out of their noses which would distract our big men and thus lead to easy lay ups. Both strategies have the same probability of happening.

LRRandy

February 23, 2016, 05:36:36 pm #30 Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 05:42:31 pm by LRRandy
Quote from: BIG_K on February 23, 2016, 02:58:34 pm
Will Regionals be delayed a day??
with it being as warm as it was over the weekend and the temperature not forecasted to get below freezing any snow you might get up that way shouldn't be a problem by mid day Wednesday. Now I'm no expert but I did stay at a holiday inn last night.

LRRandy

What if any is the snowfall around prairie grove? How about around the schools playing tomorrow. Does it look like there will be any travel problems?

Ole Legend

Quote from: LRRandy on February 23, 2016, 10:38:49 pm
What if any is the snowfall around prairie grove? How about around the schools playing tomorrow. Does it look like there will be any travel problems?

There shouldn't be any problems. I was in Fayetteville last night when it started snowing, but none of it was really sticking. Should be good to go.

LRRandy

Quote from: Ole Legend on February 24, 2016, 06:05:52 am
There shouldn't be any problems. I was in Fayetteville last night when it started snowing, but none of it was really sticking. Should be good to go.
great news. Thank you.

Ole Legend

LRRandy

Quote from: Ole Legend on February 24, 2016, 08:41:09 am
Should be some good games tonight!
i agree. All the talking and goofing around on here doesn't mean much. It comes down to how the kids play. I'm all ready to go and look forward to seeing the games.

mountainman

StevenGlen

Can someone please help me out a bit, is the new gym located at the high school at Prairie Grove?

Gray lizard

Quote from: StevenGlen on February 24, 2016, 11:23:31 am
Can someone please help me out a bit, is the new gym located at the high school at Prairie Grove?

Are you going to have a live stream of the Pottsville games?

oldtimeeagle

The new gym is located next to the high school that was built a few years ago.  500 Cole Street is the address if you want to plug it into your GPS or mapping app.

LRRandy

Quote from: oldtimeeagle on February 24, 2016, 11:45:44 am
The new gym is located next to the high school that was built a few years ago.  500 Cole Street is the address if you want to plug it into your GPS or mapping app.
great information. Thank you.

StevenGlen

Quote from: oldtimeeagle on February 24, 2016, 11:45:44 am

No I'm sorry to say we are not.  The AAA wants $150 per game to live stream even though we actually are the school and do not sell ads.  For the first time the AAA wants us to pay anyway.  I'm sorry to not have the games, send a thank you note to the AAA

beach bum

I hear the Blackhawks have been shooting at least 70% from three point range and 90% from the line at practice this week. Baptist Prep should be scared of the Hawks and the rest of the 1-4A  :o

Hawks 58 One of those countless private schools in West Little Rock 54

StevenGlen

February 24, 2016, 02:06:03 pm #43 Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 02:07:47 pm by StevenGlen
Thanks for the information

Gray lizard

Quote from: StevenGlen on February 24, 2016, 01:41:39 pm
No I'm sorry to say we are not.  The AAA wants $150 per game to live stream even though we actually are the school and do not sell ads.  For the first time the AAA wants us to pay anyway.  I'm sorry to not have the games, send a thank you note to the AAA

Afraid they will miss a $.  Will have you on the dial then. Thanks for a great job.  I plan on going If they are still playing Saturday. I expect for the girls to be.

MrSmith

MrSmith

LRRandy

Quote from: beach bum on February 24, 2016, 01:54:35 pm
I hear the Blackhawks have been shooting at least 70% from three point range and 90% from the line at practice this week. Baptist Prep should be scared of the Hawks and the rest of the 1-4A  :o

Hawks 58 One of those countless private schools in West Little Rock 54
this is going to be fun.

MrSmith

MrSmith

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas