• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A South Regional @ Dumas

Started by ~WPS~, February 20, 2016, 10:49:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Greatdane6

D J Franklin 6'4(Monticello) vs Andre Jones 6'4(Malvern) I want to know what each player brings to the table. The 4a MVP vs the 5a MVP

hawgfan15

Nashville gave Monticello all they wanted last night and showed that they will be dangerous next week. I expect us to lose today to Dollarway with this being our 3rd game in 3 days with no real depth. Looking at the bracket the 4th seed might be the better seed. Bottom line is that the 4A south is going to be tough to beat next week at Malvern.

itsslim

Jones had offers from Wichita state, Louisiana Monroe, UT Arlington,and Illinois state. he can take over a game whenever he wants, definitely gonna be hard to beat malvern in Malvern, lets go Monticello, gonna be a great game!

Billie Blue

Quote from: Greatdane6 on February 27, 2016, 12:45:08 am
D J Franklin 6'4(Monticello) vs Andre Jones 6'4(Malvern) I want to know what each player brings to the table. The 4a MVP vs the 5a MVP
I didn't realize that Jones was the 5A mvp he must have played with another school last year but dj is a great player he's not as strong as Jones is but he will hold his own he can handle the ball real well just as I seen of Jones last night I feel that those two will go at it all night will be great seeing two tremendous players go at it I can't wait until game time

BigLion10

Jones played at McClellan last year and has signed with UALR

~WPS~

Girls 3rd Place

Nashville 8
Dollarway 6
End 1st

~WPS~

Girls 3rd Place

Nashville 26
Dollarway 16
Halftime

~WPS~

Girls 3rd Place

Nashville 43
Dollarway 34
End 3rd

~WPS~

February 27, 2016, 01:28:26 pm #208 Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 01:31:45 pm by ~WPS~
Girls 3rd Place

Nashville 59
Dollarway 49
Final

hawgfan15

~WPS~

Boys 3rd Place

Nashville 21
Dollarway 10
End 1st

~WPS~

Boys 3rd Place

Nashville 33
Dollarway 20
Halftime

~WPS~

Boys 3rd Place

Nashville 40
Dollarway 31
End 3rd

~WPS~

Boys 3rd Place

Nashville 43
Dollarway 43
4:40 4th

~WPS~

Boys 3rd Place

Dollarway 51
Nashville 50
1:17 4th

~WPS~

Boys 3rd Place

Dollarway 53
Nashville 50
0:47 4th

Nashville ball

~WPS~

Boys 3rd Place

Nashville 53
Dollarway 53
End 4th

Nashville was fouled on a 3 pointer with 20 sec left and made all 3 FTs to tie. Dollarway missed a 3 at the buzzer.

~WPS~

Boys 3rd Place

Nashville 55
Dollarway 53
2:29 OT

~WPS~

Boys 3rd Place

Nashville 56
Dollarway 53
1:37 OT

Nashville ball

~WPS~

Boys 3rd Place

Dollarway 57
Nashville 56
0:46 OT

Nashville ball

~WPS~

Boys 3rd Place

Dollarway 59
Nashville 56
0:11 OT

Nashville ball

~WPS~

Boys 3rd Place

Dollarway 60
Nashville 57
Final OT

~WPS~

Not the worst loss, now we won't have to play Baptist Prep in the 2nd round.

hawgfan15

Quote from: ~WPS~ on February 27, 2016, 03:23:40 pm
Not the worst loss, now we won't have to play Baptist Prep in the 2nd round.

We don't have near the size to match up with them. You always want to win but it's clear the 4th seed was the better spot for us. I am just happy we are playing in the state tournament for the 2nd time in 3 years.

Billie Blue

Quote from: hawgfan15 on February 27, 2016, 04:02:39 pm
We don't have near the size to match up with them. You always want to win but it's clear the 4th seed was the better spot for us. I am just happy we are playing in the state tournament for the 2nd time in 3 years.
Not very many college teams much less high school teams have the height to match up against baptist but they can be beaten look at their record they are not undefeated and arkansas teams have beaten them so anything can happen

hawgfan15

Quote from: Billie Blue on February 27, 2016, 04:09:44 pm
Not very many college teams much less high school teams have the height to match up against baptist but they can be beaten look at their record they are not undefeated and arkansas teams have beaten them so anything can happen

I'm not saying match them 7 footer for 7 footer. Our center is 5'10 in basketball shoes. We have one kid at 6'3 that might could hold his own. A team like Malvern for example who starts 4 guys over 6'2 will match up much better. I certainly agree that Baptist prep is beatable but it's all about match ups

itsslim

Baptist prep, not impressed, tall kids but not very athletic. you just make those 7 footers run the whole game, something they have a hard time doing. as the older one is scheduled to have knee surgery after the season

Billie Blue

Quote from: itsslim on February 27, 2016, 04:21:21 pm
Baptist prep, not impressed, tall kids but not very athletic. you just make those 7 footers run the whole game, something they have a hard time doing. as the older one is scheduled to have knee surgery after the season
That's how we beat them last year in the semifinals we would run up and down the court and they would get tired and once they got tired they would commit unnecessary fouls and we had the tallest player last year was around 6'6" and the guy that played defense on the younger one was around 6'2 and we played a lot of man against them

itsslim

yep the perfect formula, run em to death!!!

LRRandy

Quote from: itsslim on February 27, 2016, 04:21:21 pm
boy, where does one begin? Not impressed?!? That's just fine. It means you really haven't watched them play this year. Shiloh tried to make them run all night in the regional second round.  The only thing that ran was the clock the entire 4th qurt because the mercy rule was in effect. And....do you in fact have actual knowledge of a medical procedure?? If you don't, such speculation is really bush league. If you do have such knowledge, then disclosing it on an open forum I'm pretty sure violates a few HIPPA privacy standards.....so there's that. Man, your taking this whole internet jousting thing straight to the basement aren't you big guy.

itsslim

February 27, 2016, 05:05:36 pm #230 Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 05:08:33 pm by itsslim
only fact based man. yea I saw em play in the December dunkfest vs Benton lol. it's on another forum that kid is scheduled to have surgery. no big deal. but Bush league ok if u say so.
I just hope dollarway gets to play em. if the leading scorer from dollarway doesn't pick up his 4th foul in the 2nd quarter, they beat Malvern last night supposedly one of the best teams in 4a with Jones. about the knee I didn't make it up I saw someone else post he was having surgery. why the heck would I just make it up? I.saw it ion fearless Friday, but if u feel the need to call the police, do what u have to do tough guy. and Shiloh Christian, that's a football school, they can't hoop lol

CounterPunch

Girls Championship

Star City 57
Monticello 35

Final

NEA Razorback olfan

So Girls seeds are
1 Star City
2 Monticello
3 Nashville
4 Dollarway

~WPS~

Boys

Malvern 20
Monticello 12
End 1st

~WPS~

Boys

Malvern 33
Monticello 23
Halftime

LRRandy

Quote from: itsslim on February 27, 2016, 05:05:36 pm
only fact based man. yea I saw em play in the December dunkfest vs Benton lolit's on another forum that kid is scheduled to have surgery. no big deal. but Bush league ok if u say so.
I just hope dollarway gets to play em. if the leading scorer from dollarway doesn't pick up his 4th foul in the 2nd quarter, they beat Malvern last night supposedly one of the best teams in 4a with Jones. about the knee I didn't make it up I saw someone else post he was having surgery. why the heck would I just make it up? I.saw it ion fearless Friday, but if u feel the need to call the police, do what u have to do tough guy. and Shiloh Christian, that's a football school, they can't hoop lol
bonjur. Everyone knows if its on the internet it's true.

~WPS~

Boys

Malvern 44
Monticello 31
End 3rd

~WPS~

Boys

Malvern 62
Monticello 57
Final

sportsguy80

Quote from: LRRandy on February 27, 2016, 04:50:06 pm
boy, where does one begin? Not impressed?!? That's just fine. It means you really haven't watched them play this year. Shiloh tried to make them run all night in the regional second round.  The only thing that ran was the clock the entire 4th qurt because the mercy rule was in effect. And....do you in fact have actual knowledge of a medical procedure?? If you don't, such speculation is really bush league. If you do have such knowledge, then disclosing it on an open forum I'm pretty sure violates a few HIPPA privacy standards.....so there's that. Man, your taking this whole internet jousting thing straight to the basement aren't you big guy.
You can't compare Shiloh's athleticism with Dollarway's or any other team from the south region. It's about matchups. If Prep is stroking it throughout the state then you might as well hand them hardware now but if they are off and if one of the other teams can dictate tempo then it will be tough on them. Either way at this time of the year anything can happen.

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland girls play Monticello Thursday , they sound really tough!!
What kind of style does the Lady Billies play?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas