• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Girls East Regionals at Riverview

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, February 20, 2016, 07:46:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

February 20, 2016, 07:46:51 pm Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 08:50:46 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
2/24
4:00 Riverview vs Harrisburg
7:00 Pocahontas vs CAC

2/25
4:00 Brookland vs Heber Springs
7:00 Estem vs Cave City

NEA Razorback olfan

Thoughts on first rd match ups?

Anybody have info on Heber girls?

Tarheel

I'll take Riverview girls . I've never seen Pocahontas play but CAC usually plays a solid 3 quarters. I'd say Brookland will beat HEBER although I haven't seen them play. HEBER plays hard the whole game and only has 1 player that can score if she gets going. I'll take ESTEM  over Cave City.

Bulldog92

Olfan my neice plays for Heber and I have seen them play quiet a few times. If it was any other team I would help ya out, LOL!!! 

chickasaw fan

Razorhummer

Good luck at beating Riverview. I wouldn't be surprised if Riverview and Estem meet up again in the regional finals.

Tarheel

Riverview will be a tough out on their home floor but I wouldn't wanna play ESTEM for a 4th time this year.

NEA Razorback olfan

February 22, 2016, 01:59:11 pm #7 Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 02:01:04 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 21, 2016, 10:04:28 pm
Olfan my neice plays for Heber and I have seen them play quiet a few times. If it was any other team I would help ya out, LOL!!!

Just be that way bulldog92, lol
I hope it's a good game!!
Heber will be tough, our girls play well at times......
I haven't seen the 4A-2 teams play this year , but I don't believe our conference is really strong this year, but you still have to play the games.

Bulldog92

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 22, 2016, 01:59:11 pm
Just be that way bulldog92, lol
I hope it's a good game!!
Heber will be tough, our girls play well at times......
I haven't seen the 4A-2 teams play this year , but I don't believe our conference is really strong this year, but you still have to play the games.
Haha!!!
It's an interesting conference to say the least. It's got two of the best teams in 4-A in Riverview and EStem. CAC and Heber neither one are deep and both win or lose with their two best players. Heber has beaten CAC and EStem early in the year and can be dangerous!! CAC's best player is probably the best player in the state!! 

Razorhummer

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 22, 2016, 02:33:52 pm
Haha!!!
It's an interesting conference to say the least. It's got two of the best teams in 4-A in Riverview and EStem. CAC and Heber neither one are deep and both win or lose with their two best players. Heber has beaten CAC and EStem early in the year and can be dangerous!! CAC's best player is probably the best player in the state!!
Agreed. No doubt CAC has the best player in the state since she'll be playing for UConn in a few years. I wouldn't be surprised if Riverview and Estem meet in the state championship. Only other team that I can think that can give Riverview a tough game besides Estem is Star City.

Tarheel

So is it safe to say Riverview will defend their throne and likely go undefeated at 39-0 to win back to back titles.

Bulldog92

Quote from: Razorhummer on February 23, 2016, 08:56:19 am
Agreed. No doubt CAC has the best player in the state since she'll be playing for UConn in a few years. I wouldn't be surprised if Riverview and Estem meet in the state championship. Only other team that I can think that can give Riverview a tough game besides Estem is Star City.
Have you seen Star City play this year?

Tarheel

I haven't seen them play this year but I've kept up with them in the paper etc. I do know thatRiverview  beat them by 15+ last year in quarterfinals of state.  It's hard to tell star city has a remarkable  coach.

Bulldog92

I am not saying we will win but I hope we get another shot at them. We had three tenth graders and a junior on the court most of the game last year in the semis. We are a little more mature, haha. I have seen EStem play and I have seen Heber play multiple times and I know what they have done this year and how close the games were or weren't so it will definitely be interesting state tourny if we get there. This is the post season so everything up until this point doesn't mean a lot, it's all about right now!!  Good luck to everyone!!

NEA Razorback olfan

February 23, 2016, 08:51:16 pm #14 Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 09:20:23 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Looking forward to watching some games!!
Ill take Riverview to pull away in 2nd half vs Harrisburg.
Pokey is very well coached and plays very physical with a deep bench.
They will have their hands full with CAC's Williams !!
If Ellis is on the floor at the end of game , I'll take pokey by 4
Brookland is just now getting healthy and putting their best 5 on the floor because of early injuries
With the addition of the Freshman Ford they are a different team from season. Just not sure what that means right now.
Heber has some impressive early wins , but it's post season now ,  Heber did play in a very tough conference and will be tough.
Whoever can get hot right now can make a lil noise.
Brookland by 3
I'll take ESTEM by double digits vs Cave City , if CC gets hot from behind the arc they may keep it closer especially if Macy Jo gets going.

Best of luck and Safe travels to all !!

Tarheel

Riverview 27 to 13 Harrisburg  halftime

NEA Razorback olfan

February 25, 2016, 10:47:24 pm #16 Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 10:50:38 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Brookland played a tough Heber team tonight, I thought we played a pretty good 1st half. Lady Bearcats will be big underdogs tomorrow vs Host Riverview!!
Really like their gym !!
Breaking the press will be key vs Riverview!!
Who can turn turnovers into buckets in a hurry!!

Tarheel

All four games tomorrow should be exciting.

Bulldog92

Nomad1324

Tarheel

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Tarheel on February 26, 2016, 11:20:28 am
Estem won 49 to 16

Yes ESTEM looked very impressive!!
Should be a great game vs CAC!!

Bulldog92

NEA Razorback olfan

They played cave city, usually good outside shooters when they run their half court offense but limited guard play. Not very quick or fast  And only 1 true guard.
ESTEM made them turn it over and got quick buckets.
I left when it was 28-10 or something close to that.

Bulldog92

Tarheel

Tarheel

NEA Razorback olfan

Per Twitter
Estem 50
CAC 54
Final

12:00 Brookland vs Estem for 3rd
6:00 CAC vs Riverview for Championship

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan