• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-1 District Tournament @ Prairie Grove

Started by Nip/Tusk, February 12, 2016, 04:56:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pridgehog

Quote from: TheOfficial on February 22, 2016, 09:02:08 am
Good to hear.  Maybe they can put up a good fight.
Huntsville beat them by 50 in December and Shiloh lost by 2 to Huntsville in OT in late January. Pea Ridge beat Shiloh 30 early January and then both games in February went right down to the wire. I have never seen a team improve so much in such a short time...

Ole Legend

Quote from: TheOfficial on February 22, 2016, 09:02:08 am
Good to hear.  Maybe they can put up a good fight.

Huntsville beat Shiloh by 52 the first time they played, then had to go into overtime to beat them the second time. Coach Skinner at Shiloh is doing a really good job turning that team around.

Ole Legend

Quote from: LRRandy on February 21, 2016, 06:45:28 pm
i guess it depends on what you mean by out of conference games and the type of teams you play. Are you saying that a team that plays a strong non conference schedule ( a 4a school that plays 5,6 7a schools) gains no benefit in that scheduling and should schedule weaker, lower conference (2a or 3a) schools to fatten it's won loss record? I may not understand what you mean or maybe I understand how your school schedules.

Pea Ridge played Bentonville, Rogers, Springdale, Springdale Harber, Siloam Springs and several other big schools for several years. Yet they still struggled to make it out of regionals.

LRRandy

Quote from: Ole Legend on February 22, 2016, 10:54:39 am
Pea Ridge played Bentonville, Rogers, Springdale, Springdale Harber, Siloam Springs and several other big schools for several years. Yet they still struggled to make it out of regionals.
where would those games results show? Max preps show them playing Paris, Lavaca and Cassville(?) among other 2 and 3 a schools.

pridgehog

February 22, 2016, 11:27:52 am #104 Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 11:32:45 am by pridgehog
Quote from: LRRandy on February 22, 2016, 11:14:29 am
where would those games results show? Max preps show them playing Paris, Lavaca and Cassville(?) among other 2 and 3 a schools.
Like he said, we did it for several years, Read the whole sentence Randy. Unlike Baptist, Pea Ridge had a great Football team and has a ton of guys that play Football that are on the Basketball team. So scheduling a ton of those type of teams this year would have been meaningless since we didn't get our football boys until mid December. You guys played a very tough schedule and being the prep school that you are, you should. I am not taking away anything but this time of year, you throw all things out and play who's in front of you.

Ole Legend

February 22, 2016, 12:09:26 pm #105 Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 12:14:41 pm by Ole Legend
Quote from: LRRandy on February 22, 2016, 11:14:29 am

The first 6-8 games of the year Pea Ridge had 6 players. Only 2-3 get playing time now. And they still managed to win most of those games. Go to max preps, and look at the 2012-2013 season. The only 7a team that beat PR was Bentonville.

LRRandy

Quote from: Ole Legend on February 22, 2016, 12:09:26 pm
The first 6-8 games of the year Pea Ridge had 6 players. Only 2-3 get playing time now. And they still managed to win most of those games. Go to max preps, and look at the 2012-2013 season.
now that's funny. You are right that those non conference games would mean nothing since only freshmen would still be on this years team. I get the whole football player coming after playoffs thing. It does present a problem. Yes, you do have to play who is in front of you at this time of year. To say though that nonconference games mean absolutely nothing is in fact wrong.

LRRandy

Quote from: Ole Legend on February 22, 2016, 12:09:26 pm
The first 6-8 games of the year Pea Ridge had 6 players. Only 2-3 get playing time now. And they still managed to win most of those games. Go to max preps, and look at the 2012-2013 season. [The only 7a team that beat PR was Bentonville.
i see that you edited your post to add this. Are you still talking about 3 years ago?

Ole Legend

Quote from: LRRandy on February 22, 2016, 12:20:12 pm
now that's funny. You are right that those non conference games would mean nothing since only freshmen would still be on this years team. I get the whole football player coming after playoffs thing. It does present a problem. Yes, you do have to play who is in front of you at this time of year. To say though that nonconference games mean absolutely nothing is in fact wrong.

Think what you want buddy.

pridgehog

Quote from: LRRandy on February 22, 2016, 12:20:12 pm
Randy, his point is this, in that 2012/2013 Season, Pea Ridge beat Rogers, Heritage, Southside and only lost to Bentonville who made it to the semis of 7A State that year. Pea Ridge however got matched up with Pottsville in the first round of Regionals and lost. Pottsville went on to win State that year. You are trying to make it sound as if we are talking about this year or this years team. it's simply an example...

LRRandy

Quote from: pridgehog on February 22, 2016, 12:51:20 pm
Randy, his point is this, in that 2012/2013 Season, Pea Ridge beat Rogers, Heritage, Southside and only lost to Bentonville who made it to the semis of 7A State that year. Pea Ridge however got matched up with Pottsville in the first round of Regionals and lost. Pottsville went on to win State that year. You are trying to make it sound as if we are talking about this year or this years team. it's simply an example...
oh, I understand the point. I'm just fishn' a little to kill time before the games. Having a little fun. My point of view is non coference games if  scheduled correctly do in fact matter to the growth of your team and let you play teams with different playing styles than you might see in conference to better prepare you for the post season. His point of view ( and it's cute that you're sticking up for him) is that non conference games don't matter, you play who you're going to play. This stance as I understand it comes from the bitter taste of the unrealized expectation of greatness suffered at the hands of the very team you face this year. The team that knocked you out of the playoff in the very same year you were slaying 7a schools left and right. I get it.

pridgehog

Quote from: LRRandy on February 22, 2016, 02:45:07 pm
oh, I understand the point. I'm just fishn' a little to kill time before the games. Having a little fun. My point of view is non coference games if  scheduled correctly do in fact matter to the growth of your team and let you play teams with different playing styles than you might see in conference to better prepare you for the post season. His point of view ( and it's cute that you're sticking up for him) is that non conference games don't matter, you play who you're going to play. This stance as I understand it comes from the bitter taste of the unrealized expectation of greatness suffered at the hands of the very team you face this year. The team that knocked you out of the playoff in the very same year you were slaying 7a schools left and right. I get it.
I hope to see you guys on Friday Night, we respect you and it would be a privilege to match up with a great team. We are concentrating on a very well coached and balanced Pottsville teams as we speak though... Good luck to Baptist Prep...

LRRandy

Quote from: pridgehog on February 22, 2016, 03:58:21 pm
I hope to see you guys on Friday Night, we respect you and it would be a privilege to match up with a great team. We are concentrating on a very well coached and balanced Pottsville teams as we speak though... Good luck to Baptist Prep...
they are a tough team. They scrap and fight ( literally) every inch of the way. Contain their penetration, don't let them go crazy from 3 and you'll be in the game. Good luck Pea Ridge. I'm looking forward to coming up this week and watching done great games. It's been fun.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas