• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Haskell Harmony Grove Basketball-Jeff Hogue

Started by Mulerider4Life, March 20, 2018, 12:46:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mulerider4Life

Curious if the Cardinal's will make a change for the boys basketball team? Jeff Hogue has been struggling at a once basketball powerhouse. 4-21 this past season?

SackAttack

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on March 20, 2018, 12:46:54 pm
Curious if the Cardinal's will make a change for the boys basketball team? Jeff Hogue has been struggling at a once basketball powerhouse. 4-21 this past season?
Might have something to do with talent! Jeff Hogue is a great guy and a heckuva coach!! No change needed except for a few better players

Mulerider4Life

Is their just no talent in the area? Or are they going to rival schools? I know we have been struggling since 2011?

PASS

Great coach. Sometimes you just don't have the players. He will get it turned around with time. The one that me I saw them this year they played hard & were well prepared.

Moonshiner

Jeff is a great guy and one of the best in the business.  They are very lucky to have him.  VERY Lucky!!

Mulerider4Life

LeftyWorld

He may be a great guy but define what he has done coaching wise to make someone say he is the best or even a good coach?

RamblinRazorWreck

April 04, 2018, 12:59:08 pm #7 Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 01:00:49 pm by RamblinRazorWreck
Quote from: LeftyWorld on April 02, 2018, 11:37:44 pm
He may be a great guy but define what he has done coaching wise to make someone say he is the best or even a good coach?

Did someone say he is "the best"?  I read "one of the best in the business", which I agree with.

If you are truly asking if he is "even a good coach", well then, I am more concerned about your judgement and why you would say that, than I am about answering your question.

Coach Hogue knows what he is doing.  If anyone thinks otherwise, then I would say that person should study up on the game of basketball. 

Neckred

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 22, 2018, 01:50:02 am
Jeff is a great guy and one of the best in the business.  They are very lucky to have him.  VERY Lucky!!
Sounds like it with that record...

RamblinRazorWreck

April 04, 2018, 02:01:05 pm #9 Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 03:05:09 pm by RamblinRazorWreck
Quote from: Neckred on April 04, 2018, 01:09:25 pm
Sounds like it with that record...

69.9% wins in 5 years at his previous location, that's averaging almost 20 wins per season. 

LeftyWorld

April 14, 2018, 05:17:08 pm #10 Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 11:34:07 am by LeftyWorld
Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on April 04, 2018, 12:59:08 pm
Did someone say he is "the best"?  I read "one of the best in the business", which I agree with.

If you are truly asking if he is "even a good coach", well then, I am more concerned about your judgement and why you would say that, than I am about answering your question.

Coach Hogue knows what he is doing.  If anyone thinks otherwise, then I would say that person should study up on the game of basketball.

I asked the question to see why, I wasn't questioning it. Guys been doing it along time but maybe HG just isn't the right fit. Kinda like Bret B at Arkansas. Know denying guy knew what he was doing but he didn't fit Arkansas well. Still a great coach but great coaches don't do well at certain places if they don't mesh. Hope he can find somewhere where he can fit and flourish.

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: LeftyWorld on April 14, 2018, 05:17:08 pm
I asked the question to see why, I wasn't questioning it. Guys been doing it along time but maybe HG just isn't the right fit. Kinda like Bret B at Arkansas. Know denying guy knew what he was doing but he didn't fit Arkansas well. Still a great coach but great coaches don't do well at certain places if they don't mesh. Hope he can find somewhere where he can fit and flourish.

Fair enough... but when you wrote "or even a good coach", it sure sounded like you had an agenda!  That very easily could be taken as a personal slam against a guy that I have seen being praised on the FF message boards many times over the last 10 years or so. 

LeftyWorld

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on April 17, 2018, 08:25:08 am
Fair enough... but when you wrote "or even a good coach", it sure sounded like you had an agenda!  That very easily could be taken as a personal slam against a guy that I have seen being praised on the FF message boards many times over the last 10 years or so.

Yea I probably could have worded it better. Saw where there girls coach is leaving. Wonder if he may jump sides. I think their girls program has some talent coming back and with that new conference won't be the gauntlet in girls like it will be boys.

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: LeftyWorld on April 17, 2018, 08:48:36 am
Yea I probably could have worded it better. Saw where there girls coach is leaving. Wonder if he may jump sides. I think their girls program has some talent coming back and with that new conference won't be the gauntlet in girls like it will be boys.

HHG's Girls Coach is leaving after only one year as HC?  The Girls Coach that was there previously headed up the Girls program at Baptist Prep this past season, didn't he?

LeftyWorld

Yep smith went to baptist prep and the current girls coach at HG is going to Greer's ferry west side where she graduated from.

RamblinRazorWreck

April 17, 2018, 12:02:18 pm #15 Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 04:29:21 pm by RamblinRazorWreck
Quote from: LeftyWorld on April 17, 2018, 11:51:47 am
Yep smith went to baptist prep and the current girls coach at HG is going to Greer's ferry west side where she graduated from.

Ah, that makes more sense then... GF Westside has been a really good program as long as I can remember.

LeftyWorld

Yep and from what I hear are gonna be loaded the next few years.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas