• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JC-Westside Basketball 2016-2017

Started by AT, September 15, 2016, 07:36:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

September 15, 2016, 07:36:23 pm Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 06:35:03 pm by Almatrackster
Schedule - * Means conference game

11/7-11/12 - Lady Rebel Shootout - Senior Girls (Home)
11/7 - Paris - Win - 61-56 2OT SG
11/8 - Little Rock Fair - Win - 60-35 SG
11/12 - Elkins - Loss - 25-40 SG

11/15 - Mountainburg - SENIOR GIRLS WIN - 44-35/SENIOR BOYS LOSE - 37-66
11/18 - West Fork - SENIOR BOYS LOSE - 46-69
11/21 - @ Elkins - SENIOR GIRLS LOSE 39-41/SENIOR BOYS LOSE - 39-72

11/28-12/3 - Decatur Tournament - Senior Girls, Senior Boys
11/28 - Eureka Springs - SENIOR GIRLS WIN - 96-15
11/28 - @ Decatur - SENIOR BOYS WIN - 46-40 OT
12/1 - Bergman JV - SENIOR GIRLS WIN - 45-30
12/1 - West Fork - SENIOR BOYS LOSE - 40-80
12/3 - Bergman - SENIOR GIRLS WIN - 55-54

12/2 - Mulberry - SENIOR GIRLS WIN - 49-33/SENIOR BOYS LOSE - 43-60

12/9 - Hector - SENIOR GIRLS WIN - 58-54 2OT/SENIOR BOYS LOSE - 49-60*
12/13 - @ Magazine - SENIOR GIRLS WIN - 44-38/SENIOR BOYS LOSE - 43-57*
12/16 - Oark - SENIOR GIRLS WIN - 53-17/SENIOR BOYS WIN - 51-37*
1/3 - @ Lavaca - SENIOR GIRLS WIN - 43-23/SENIOR BOYS LOSE - 47-70
1/10 - Western Yell County - SENIOR GIRLS WIN - 66-48/SENIOR BOYS LOSE - 43-54 *
1/17 - @ Danville - SENIOR GIRLS WIN - 50-19/SENIOR BOYS LOSE - 39-64*
1/20 - @ Hector - SENIOR GIRLS LOSE - 36-56/SENIOR BOYS LOSE - 46-66*
1/23 - @ Oark - SENIOR GIRLS WIN - 73-15/SENIOR BOYS WIN - 64-30*
1/24 - Magazine - SENIOR GIRLS WIN - 53-34/SENIOR BOYS LOSE - 52-73*
1/25 - @ Scranton - SENIOR GIRLS WIN - 52-42/SENIOR BOYS LOSE - 26-49*
1/31 - Scranton - SENIOR GIRLS LOSE - 44-47/SENIOR BOYS LOSE - 34-61*
2/2 - @ Western Yell County - SENIOR GIRLS WIN - 61-44/SENIOR BOYS LOSE - 42-58*
2/3 - @ Saline County Home School - SENIOR GIRLS WIN - ??-??/SENIOR BOYS LOSE - ??-??
2/10 - Danville - SENIOR GIRLS WIN - 42-21/SENIOR BOYS LOSE - 42-47*
2/14 - District Tournament Round 1 - Hackett - SENIOR BOYS LOSE - 39-56
2/16 - District Tournament Semi-Finals - @ Magazine - SENIOR GIRLS WIN - 42-30
2/18 - District Tournament Finals - Hackett - SENIOR GIRLS WIN - 59-49
2/22 - Regional Tournament Round 1 - Hector - SENIOR GIRLS LOSE - 42-46

JC-Westside Lady Rebels (21-5) (10-2)

JC-Westside Rebels (3-18) (1-11)

Basketballfan13

How should their girls be this year? I know they had some key players graduate, but didn't they have a good jr high group moving up?

AT

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on September 16, 2016, 09:14:43 am
How should their girls be this year? I know they had some key players graduate, but didn't they have a good jr high group moving up?

4 Starters graduated, but do return one. The one returning is a post player who actually was our best scorer some games.

They do move up some good players who played in junior high and won the JR. High district tournament last year. I think 3 of them will be solid contributors this year.

The junior class has some good players, too. Two returning who got to see a lot of playing time in big games last year.

I think the girls are going to have another successful year.

AT

JC-Westside's girls start off their season in the Lady Rebel Classic at Westside against Paris on Monday night at 8:00 PM.

AT

The Lady Rebels beat Paris last night in double overtime 61-56 to move to 1-0 on the season.

AT

JC-Westside beats Little Rock Fair 60-35 tonight.

AT

JC-Westside lost to Elkins this past Saturday to move to (2-1) (0-0)

b-ball fan

have their boys boys played any games yet?

AT

AT

Last night against Mountainburg:

The JC-Westside boys lost to Mountainburg 37-66 to move to (0-1) (0-0) on the year.

The JC-Westside girls beat Mountainburg 44-35 to move to (3-1) (0-0) on the year.

AT

The Senior boys lost last night to West Fork to fall to (0-2) (0-0).

Unbiased glasses, a team with 9 players, two of them who haven't played basketball in quite a while, improved quite a bit last night. They were actually beating West Fork at halftime.

AT

The girls and boys traveled to Elkins last night and both teams lost. The girls improved on their earlier loss to Elkins, only losing by 2 this time. The boys lost by 30+ but I do not know the exact score. I will update when I do.

The girls go to (3-2) (0-0).

The boys go to (0-3) (0-0).

AT

Monday night in the Decatur tournament:

The JC-Westside girls defeated Eureka Springs pretty handily to say the least and the JC-Westside boys picked up their first win in a tough fashion beating the host team Decatur in overtime.

The girls are (4-2) (0-0)

The boys are (1-3) (0-0)

AT

December 02, 2016, 07:55:22 am #13 Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 08:08:44 am by Almatrackster
The Westside Rebels lost to West Fork in the 2nd round of the Decatur tournament last night while the Lady Rebels beat Bergman to advance to the finals on Saturday.

Both teams play Mulberry tonight in non conference action.

Edit: Might be a little confused...looks like JC-Westside played Bergman's JV and will now play plain old Bergman in the finals.

AT

Oh forgot to mention,

The Lady Rebels are (5-2) (0-0) and the Rebels are (1-4) (0-0)

AT

The Rebels and Lady Rebels took on Mulberry in non conference action on Friday. The Lady Rebels won the first game to go to (6-2) (0-0) while the Rebels lost to fall to (1-5) (0-0)

Then tonight, playing for the 3rd night in a row, the Lady Rebels beat Bergman varsity to win the Decatur Tournament and move to (7-2) (0-0)

AT

The Rebels and Lady Rebels host Hector tomorrow night in a conference opener. A big game, especially on the girls side of it.

AT

First off, hats off to Hector's girls. What a game tonight without their best player. They played tough and never gave up in a tough road environment.

The Lady Rebels beat Hector tonight 58-54 in double OT.

I am a little too tired to paint the whole picture, but I'll give the important details: Hector's best player is dealing with an injury and could not play tonight. Westside also had a starter out with an injury.

The game was mainly Westside's until late 2nd half where Hector made a run and kept it close. With Westside leading by 2 with 5 seconds left in regulation, Hector inbounds it and a Lady Rebel is called for a foul at half court. The Hector player sinks both free throws and sends it to overtime. I should mention the Lady Rebels could not salt this game away with made free throws. They missed a ton.

In overtime, Hector had a lot of important players foul out, and they were already thin. But they kept it close and even looked like they were going to win, up 4 with a minute left, until Westside hit a big three and then got a steal. Westside's girls were up 3 with 5 seconds remaining again...and Hector hits a half court shot to send it to double overtime.

Once again, Hector takes the initial lead in overtime, but with Westside's best player still being on the court, Hector couldn't rebound, and Westside pulled away a bit, winning 58-54 in Double OT.

The boys game was somewhat exciting itself. It was closeish, never just a barn burner. The Westside boys had it at 5 points at one point early in the 4th, but Hector pulled away and won 60-49.

AT

Last night in the first conference road game for the Lady Rebels and Rebels, the Lady Rebels pulled out another big, close win against Magazine while the Rebel boys fell. I do not know the score to the boys game yet, but will update this when I find out.

AT

The Rebels and Lady Rebels won their last conference game going into Christmas Break by beating Oark. It was the first win for the senior boys in conference and the girls went to 3-0.

AT

JC-Westside had no holiday tournaments or games, so they return to action in 2017 with a game at Lavaca. This is not a conference game, but it is a game against a team that will be in Westside's district tournament.

AT

Last night, the Westside girls beat Lavaca handily while the Lavaca boys did the same to the Westside.

AT

Although it's not a classification game, the Westside basketball teams will clash with the Scranton basketball teams and the girls game has the chance to be for the mixed conference title.

It's at Scranton tomorrow (Friday) night.

AT

The Scranton game was postponed to a date to be announced. The Rebels and Lady Rebels play Western Yell County at home tonight. The Junior High girls will start off at 5:00 PM with the senior high games following.

AT

Tonight, the Lady Rebels and Rebels split with Western Yell County.

The Lady Rebels beat WYC in a game that was never close after the first quarter.

The Rebels lost to WYC in the same fashion, but actually had a sizable lead in the first quarter before WYC blew it open.

AT

JC-Westside at Danville tonight in conference action. Quarter by Quarter updates:

Senior Girls

JC-Westside - 11
Danville - 2

end of 1st Quarter

AT

Senior Girls

JC-Westside - 24
Danville - 5

Halftime

AT

Senior Girls

JC-Westside - 46
Danville - 11

end of 3rd Quarter

AT

Well I quit keeping score in the 4th quarter and I thought they'd show the scoreboard after the game was over (I'm watching on a livestream), but apparently I was wrong!

Westside's girls won big.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Almatrackster on January 17, 2017, 07:05:25 pm
Well I quit keeping score in the 4th quarter and I thought they'd show the scoreboard after the game was over (I'm watching on a livestream), but apparently I was wrong!

Westside's girls won big.

Westside has a livestream?

AT

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 17, 2017, 07:07:11 pm
Westside has a livestream?

No, this is either Danville's or a 3rd party stream. I guess I should link it:

arkwest.com/Live.html

AT

Senior Boys

Danville - 18
JC-Westside - 11

end of 1st Quarter

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Almatrackster on January 17, 2017, 07:09:18 pm
No, this is either Danville's or a 3rd party stream. I guess I should link it:

arkwest.com/Live.html

Ah third party...I think they occasionally do two rivers too

AT

Senior Boys

Danville - 34
JC-Westside - 24

Halftime

AT

Sorry had to talk to someone on the phone. Didn't get the final score, but I'll find it out and share it here.

AT

I didn't get the final score, but Danville boys did win last night. I'll update the original post with the score if I ever get it.

AT

January 19, 2017, 07:34:54 pm #36 Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 10:40:31 am by Almatrackster
Westside travels to Hector tomorrow night.

On the women's side of things, it is looking like Hector, Westside, and Scranton are playing for the conference championship. If Westside beats Hector tomorrow, I think the 2 remaining games against Scranton will decide the conference championship (remember that Westside had to reschedule their first game against Scranton since that was the snow day)

On the men's side, the Westside boys try to go get a big win in a tough environment. It was a tough matchup the first time around.

Because of the rescheduling and having to schedule Oark on a weird day in the first place, the Westside teams will play @ Oark, vs. Magazine, and @ Scranton 3 days in a row.

AT

Hector's boys and girls sweep JC-Westside tonight. Great night for Hector.

AT

Although I do not know the scores to either games yet, the Westside senior high teams swept Oark last night on the road. Great job, Rebels and Lady Rebels.

AT

Westside split with Magazine last night. The girls won and the boys lost.

AT

Tonight was the 3rd game in 3 days for the Rebels and Lady Rebels and the 4th game in 4 school days.

The teams split as the Lady Rebels won their 3rd game in a row (in 3 straight days) against a good Scranton club at their place.

The Rebels fell, but have shown a lot of character in playing with such low numbers and staying competitive.

AT

Scranton came to Westside last night and swept the both games on the road. Congrats to the Rockets and Lady Rockets on big wins!

Our Rebels and Lady Rebels have 3 games (2 conference) to finish out the regular season.

AT

The Westside teams played Western Yell County last night instead of tonight, so that WYC could go to the Indoor Track Meet tonight. The girls won and the boys lost a nail biter. Boys played real tough considering they are down to 6 players with one of their best scorers out.

Tonight the Westside teams play a Saline County homeschool team to fill the void.

AT

With Hector girls beating Scranton girls last night...

Hector sits with 2 losses (Westside, Scranton)

Scranton sits with 2 losses (Westside, Hector)

Westside sits with 2 losses (Hector, Scranton)

so if Westside girls beats Danville this Friday, they are guaranteed a share of the conference title.

bighurt411

I hate to say it but I like our chances at home Friday night.

AT

Great night for senior night at Westside. The girls won and clinched at least co champions of their conference with Hector and Scranton. I am assuming Hector and Scranton won their games.

The boys played tough until the very end. They were leading with 2 minutes to go, but played hard with basically 6 athletes. A lot of mental toughness with this team.

Senior High District is next for these two teams. The Senior Boys will play the play in game against Hackett while the Senior Girls will await the Magazine-Lavaca game to see who they play.

AT

Westside boys lose in the first round of the district tournament.

The boys stuck with it and played some teams tougher than people thought they would. Attrition and lack of depth caught up to them, but the junior boys being district runner ups and only losing 2 seniors shows a sign of good things to come from Coach Duncan's group.

Good job, boys.

AT

Tonight in the 2A-4 West District Semi-Finals, JC-Westside opened up play in the tournament for them by playing host Magazine. Westside had a lot of obstacles to overcome today and they did just that. It was a tough game as most people from Westside thought.

Proud of the girls for making the district finals again and for winning 20 games again. Go Westside, beat Hackett! Win District!

AT

JC-Westside girls beat Hackett to win district! We are very proud of the Lady Rebels for winning another district title. The girls will now the be the 1 seed from the 2A-4 West and will have a rubber match with Hector in the first round of regionals. Looking forward to the girls getting revenge for the loss at Hector and a great matchup.

Go Lady Rebels! Proud of you girls.

AT

The Lady Rebels lose to Hector in the first round of regionals and their season ends. They lost 4 starters to graduation before the year and most of us didn't know what to think with a new coach and so many new faces. Coach Busch and the girls had a great season and responded well. We are so proud of them. Thanks to the 5 seniors, Ashlyn, Rachel, Cortney, Morgan, and Nicole.

It's been fun watching them!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas