• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Early Girls Favorites

Started by HoopKing, August 29, 2016, 07:14:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoopKing

Who are the early favorites in 2A girls to challenge Earle?

Cheek

Quote from: HoopKing on August 29, 2016, 07:14:21 pm

Quitman

redrider30

HoopKing

Will England or Carlisle be any good? I hear they play each other twice in conference this year.

Ventman

Are they in the same conference this year? Carlisle should be pretty solid but I think England is looking to have another great run. I believe the Lions have an outstanding tenth grader this year. Warren from Carlisle should be looking to have an awesome year as well, could be a great matchup.

Tom88us

Quitman ,England and Hector All in the same conference ??? Wow

HoopKing

That's for the district tournament.  Carlisle and England play in regular season conference...the AAA have really screwed this thing up

redrider30

I agree with Hoopking. The new 2A-2 district has teams from 3 different conferences and so much for saving on travel. The district tournament is in Cotter which is 150 miles for half of the teams which means an extra week of kids out of school in motels. It will be reversed for the other teams next year when it will be held somewhere over here. Teams shouldn't have to stay in motels for district tournaments which could mean some teams could spend parts of 3 weeks out of school and in motels. All this and not to mention the financial burden for parents and fans. AAA is just a joke!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: redrider30 on September 07, 2016, 09:38:08 am
I agree with Hoopking. The new 2A-2 district has teams from 3 different conferences and so much for saving on travel. The district tournament is in Cotter which is 150 miles for half of the teams which means an extra week of kids out of school in motels. It will be reversed for the other teams next year when it will be held somewhere over here. Teams shouldn't have to stay in motels for district tournaments which could mean some teams could spend parts of 3 weeks out of school and in motels. All this and not to mention the financial burden for parents and fans. AAA is just a joke!

yet none of these teams petitioned to be in different districts

RedWolf275

This whole setup is definetly a cluster$&@? ! Still a lot of average fans don't even know about it yet.

redrider30

What good would it have done to petition to go to a different district. In Marmaduke's case the next closet district is with Earle, Brinkley, Augusta, etc. That wouldn't have made any difference for anyone. They should have left the smaller schools alone and fixed the travel problems with the big schools.

Bildo

Exactly. I would venture to say that very few schools benefitted from the restructure. In fact, I would say that most travel the same or even more

Basketballfan13

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 07, 2016, 10:20:48 pm
yet none of these teams petitioned to be in different districts
I could be wrong on this, but If I remember correctly the AAA turned down all petitions to change the district that they were assigned to.

redrider30

Can't speak for everybody else but I can promise you that the Greyhounds and Lady Greyhounds will log a lot more miles the next two seasons than we ever have.
Only two schools in old 2A-3 that we are not playing on the road are.
Earle-78 miles
Cross Co.- 66 miles
Total miles saved 144 miles x 2= 288 miles
New schools that we play on schedule in the new 2A-2
Sloan Hendrix- 56 miles
Hillcrest- 61 miles
Maynard- 50 miles
Total new miles 167 miles + girls have to play at Ridgefield 41 miles, boys were already playing Ridgefield for a total of 208 miles. X 2= 416 miles now.
Difference 128 more miles and this is just Marmaduke and not counting district tourn.
I suspect it will be the same for most teams and some maybe more.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: redrider30 on September 09, 2016, 09:31:21 am
What good would it have done to petition to go to a different district. In Marmaduke's case the next closet district is with Earle, Brinkley, Augusta, etc. That wouldn't have made any difference for anyone. They should have left the smaller schools alone and fixed the travel problems with the big schools.

I can agree with this....the 6a schools cried about size differences and not being able to compete. Then they cried about having to travel...

Bildo

For anyone that played years ago and are watching their kids play at the same school or conference, it has changed dramatically. Sad to see all the small schools and communities wither away... Along with the rivalries and memories

MikelB

Quote from: redrider30 on September 09, 2016, 02:07:05 pm
Can't speak for everybody else but I can promise you that the Greyhounds and Lady Greyhounds will log a lot more miles the next two seasons than we ever have.
Only two schools in old 2A-3 that we are not playing on the road are.
Earle-78 miles
Cross Co.- 66 miles
Total miles saved 144 miles x 2= 288 miles
New schools that we play on schedule in the new 2A-2
Sloan Hendrix- 56 miles
Hillcrest- 61 miles
Maynard- 50 miles
Total new miles 167 miles + girls have to play at Ridgefield 41 miles, boys were already playing Ridgefield for a total of 208 miles. X 2= 416 miles now.
Difference 128 more miles and this is just Marmaduke and not counting district tourn.
I suspect it will be the same for most teams and some maybe more.

Has something changed, I thought the new 2A-2 was:
BIC
Cotter (where the heck is that? lol)
EPC
Flippin
Marked Tree
Marmaduke
Salem
Sloan Hendrix

RedWolf275

Pretty sure Cotter is west of Mountain Home somewhere.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RedWolf275 on September 13, 2016, 05:44:07 pm
Pretty sure Cotter is west of Mountain Home somewhere.

In Between Flippin and Yellville....it's better known for Trout Fishing that high school basketball.

Bar none

Cotter is between Mountain Home and Flippin.
Closer to Flippin.

Central Ark

Quitman will play in a tough 1a-2a combined conference with Wonderview and Nemo Vista.

Bigdog78

Quitman will have everyone back from last years team. Should be a contender.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Central Ark on September 25, 2016, 12:20:16 pm
Quitman will play in a tough 1a-2a combined conference with Wonderview and Nemo Vista.

Don't forget above MVE and Sacred Heart(don't know what they bring back, but they were scrappy last year and picked up a win in state)....Should be one of the better girls conferences in the classes....

Central Ark

Heard Sacred Heart lost EVERYBODY. Gonna be a real down year. According to some people from Sacred

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Central Ark on September 27, 2016, 08:17:08 pm
Heard Sacred Heart lost EVERYBODY. Gonna be a real down year. According to some people from Sacred

Ah....No Good for the Lady Rebs

BigBob

watched the Spring Hill Lady Bears Blue & gold game tonight. not saying its going to be a 35-0 year but they are much deeper (10) compared to last year (6). very impressed. its just a scrimmage but they have some girls that can play and that know how to win games and love doing it. Gonna be an exciting year on the Hill cheering on them Lady Bears

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BigBob on November 01, 2016, 10:08:15 pm
watched the Spring Hill Lady Bears Blue & gold game tonight. not saying its going to be a 35-0 year but they are much deeper (10) compared to last year (6). very impressed. its just a scrimmage but they have some girls that can play and that know how to win games and love doing it. Gonna be an exciting year on the Hill cheering on them Lady Bears

With the scent of chicken litter permeating the air in the one-sided gym!! 
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

BigBob

Oh yeah! :D gives us a slight edge over opponent. 😂

BigBob

How's do the Dierks girls look this year blueblood? I heard murf would have a tough team this year, and foreman is never a slouch

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: BigBob on November 03, 2016, 10:27:04 am
How's do the Dierks girls look this year blueblood? I heard murf would have a tough team this year, and foreman is never a slouch

Well Dierks should be pretty good in girls.  We are 1A school this season & next though.  1A will be a challenge for us, but the girls did pretty well in some team camps this summer. 

Eagle_Mom_2

Anyone heard any info on how Quitman girls are looking in practice so far? I am interested to hear how we might match up against them. Used to be rivals when we were in the same conference, still a game I'd hate for our girls to lose.

JCWLADYREBELDAD

Quote from: HoopKing on August 29, 2016, 07:14:21 pm

Any new ideas on who are the girls favorites are now that we are half way through the season? My vote goes to Quitman..

lionfan59

From what I have seen this year so far Carlisle girls are tough  they play full speed all game

Bildo

Carlisle has some talent and play very hard. I would think that Quitman is the team to beat though. I know that Earle brings a lot to the table but you never know once the state tournament starts. If I am not mistaken, there will be only 12 teams that make the state tournament so all a team has gotta do is get hot and win 3 or 4 in a row.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas