• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A Girls Bracket

Started by Brian G, February 28, 2016, 09:21:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgBall06

Quote from: dc3 on March 05, 2016, 07:56:32 pm
I don't believe any. They made it to the finals in football in 1998? And boys basketball in 2002?

Curious fact, coach of the boys team that made the state championship was Walt Davis.  Yes, the same Walt Davis that coaches this year's girls' team.  Not bad. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: HawgBall06 on March 05, 2016, 08:01:49 pm
Curious fact, coach of the boys team that made the state championship was Walt Davis.  Yes, the same Walt Davis that coaches this year's girls' team.  Not bad. 

Yep....

Mj4465

Quote from: dc3 on March 05, 2016, 07:10:07 pm
She needed ejected and a better raising
Actually you don't know her parents.  They are good people so shame on you!

dc3

Quote from: Almatrackster on March 05, 2016, 07:57:31 pm
This makes me root for them even more. Always nice to see a school to win state that doesn't do it often. (this isn't a backhanded compliment, I'm sincere)

Thanks Alma. You going to make the trip?

AT

Quote from: dc3 on March 05, 2016, 08:09:39 pm

Thanks Alma. You going to make the trip?

Depends on the date of the game.

RedWolf275

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 05, 2016, 07:08:05 pm
3 from Quitman fouled then drug her feet across the Hector player while she was down. Then turned and smiled about it. Then fouled out and the Hector player hurt her leg and she was laughing at her.

It's always nice when players like this get beat in a big game.

dc3

Quote from: Almatrackster on March 05, 2016, 08:14:28 pm
Depends on the date of the game.

The word is it might be Thursday. But that of course won't be decided until the meeting tomorrow.

Big Cat Daddy

Quote from: Almatrackster on March 05, 2016, 07:58:42 pm
She's a state champion, but I was asking about team championships.

Stanek needs her jersey retired if they win this (only partially kidding)

Big Cat Daddy

Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on March 05, 2016, 08:38:39 pm

She is not the only Stanek that needs their Jersey retired  lol!

dc3

Quote from: Mj4465 on March 05, 2016, 08:07:02 pm
Actually you don't know her parents.  They are good people so shame on you!

If that would've been any child of mine I would of taken her out of the game myself for acting that way! And apparently she gave a few knees and elbows to a few girls in the game last night and acted the same way. You can be "good people" and not of taught your child the appropriate way to act in certain situations.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: dc3 on March 05, 2016, 08:25:33 pm
The word is it might be Thursday. But that of course won't be decided until the meeting tomorrow.

I would LOVE for it to be Thursday, as that's my next day off....

HorseFeathers

Quote from: dc3 on March 05, 2016, 08:40:33 pm
If that would've been any child of mine I would of taken her out of the game myself for acting that way! And apparently she gave a few knees and elbows to a few girls in the game last night and acted the same way. You can be "good people" and not of taught your child the appropriate way to act in certain situations.

Kids aren't always the best at controlling their emotions either.....and not always a reflection of their parents...

dc3

Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on March 05, 2016, 08:39:58 pm
She is not the only Stanek that needs their Jersey retired  lol!

They didn't even retire Brandon Cole's jersey and his COLLEGE team did. Apparently we aren't into doing that sort of thing..

dc3

Quote from: HF on March 05, 2016, 08:41:14 pm
Kids aren't always the best at controlling their emotions either.....and not always a reflection of their parents...

You are right. But as this isn't the first time she has acted this way and it wasn't just once in the game tonight.. There is a time also that you have to step in and say, excuse me child of mine, you don't act this way.
You would be just as fired up as I am if you would've seen this.

Mj4465

Quote from: dc3 on March 05, 2016, 08:44:51 pm
You are right. But as this isn't the first time she has acted this way and it wasn't just once in the game tonight.. There is a time also that you have to step in and say, excuse me child of mine, you don't act this way.
You would be just as fired up as I am if you would've seen this.
I don't think I would've been fired up enough to say bad things about her parents that you don't even know.  But I guess you are perfect and have raised perfect kids.  Give me a break!  She is a kid!!!!!!

Bulldog4life

Like i said The Earle Lady Bulldogs will win state the scarey thing is that there not losing much next year. I don't make predictions I speak the truth there isn't a guard on this side arkansas that can hold Ro one on one. There aren't many that can hold allen. Let's go lady bulldogs!!!!!!

Bulldog4life

March 05, 2016, 10:42:21 pm #316 Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 10:44:57 pm by Bulldog4life
Quote from: Mr. Trill on February 29, 2016, 10:51:45 pm
Im a Earle fan but I definitely think that the girls won't make it to the Summit, it's been too much hype with that 1 player, they have gotten better with her but I doubt that will cut it.. I will be there to see the guys at the Summit though!!!   They made it didn't they

Mustangfans

Quote from: Mj4465 on March 05, 2016, 10:05:53 pm
I don't think I would've been fired up enough to say bad things about her parents that you don't even know.  But I guess you are perfect and have raised perfect kids.  Give me a break!  She is a kid!!!!!!
That's the coaches fault!! Chances are he's been watching her do that all year long. It doesn't sound like it was a one time deal. I've got much respect for you HF, but kids not being great at controlling their emotions is no excuse. Especially a basketball player. I have told all three of my daughters their whole that when they are out in public without us around they ARE a reflection of their parents. If you raise a child to say yes sir, yes ma'am and always open the door for the elderly then they'll continue to do so. If you raise a child to be mean and not care about others then they'll continue to do just that. I do agree that her name should not have been posted on here or any other social media for a weirdo to see. Basketball players are a reflection of the school also. That's why good coaches sit star players on the bench for doing bad things that reflect negatively on the school.

dc3

Quote from: Mustangfans on March 05, 2016, 10:53:01 pm
That's the coaches fault!! Chances are he's been watching her do that all year long. It doesn't sound like it was a one time deal. I've got much respect for you HF, but kids not being great at controlling their emotions is no excuse. Especially a basketball player. I have told all three of my daughters their whole that when they are out in public without us around they ARE a reflection of their parents. If you raise a child to say yes sir, yes ma'am and always open the door for the elderly then they'll continue to do so. If you raise a child to be mean and not care about others then they'll continue to do just that. I do agree that her name should not have been posted on here or any other social media for a weirdo to see. Basketball players are a reflection of the school also. That's why good coaches sit star players on the bench for doing bad things that reflect negatively on the school.

Yes, the coach should have DEFINITELY stepped in, but it was obvious that he wasn't/hasn't all season which then makes it someone else's responsibility. (Her parents/guardians)
So we should take the kids will be kids saying and overlook it. Ha no.
Thank you Mustangfans
Ok fearless world, sorry for putting her name out there. I forget that there are crazies in this world

Bulldog4life

Lift the child up in prayer. We all have faults she's a work in progress. Just like the rest of us. I promise you the power of prayer can change alot. Just felt like I needed to yhrow that out there.

Mustangfans

Quote from: Bulldog4life on March 05, 2016, 11:47:36 pm
Lift the child up in prayer. We all have faults she's a work in progress. Just like the rest of us. I promise you the power of prayer can change alot. Just felt like I needed to yhrow that out there.
Best comment I've heard about this subject. +1

mtindian42

Yeah it was a great post bulldog. +1

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Mustangfans on March 05, 2016, 10:53:01 pm

Been informed privately that she had a history of this type of actions in at least one previous game. So...yeah probably not emotions.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HawgBall06 on March 05, 2016, 08:01:49 pm

Yep, not bad for a Superintendent.  8)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas