• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A Boys Bracket

Started by JimmyTiger2001, February 28, 2016, 08:56:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustangfans

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 01, 2016, 04:04:31 pm

Jimmy I know that this was a rebuttal to my calling an upset alert on CC and Brinkley but I was really warning you all of the dangers of the T-Birds. Honestly our Jr. High could have survived that first round game against Kipp. Murry didn't turn the pressure up one time today....
Both games were over in the first 5 min. When MC and Kipp seen first hand that the buzz going around about Earle wasn't just hype they just gave up! Both teams started off strong, but that was short lived.

Pit Bull

Quote from: birddawg1986 on March 01, 2016, 03:59:40 pm
Man does that 30 piece come with a cold beer. We got a could 30 pieces so I know how it feels.

You can even get a few free cold glasses of Ice Tea for the wife and kids with this 30 piece meal deal....

JimmyTiger2001

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 01, 2016, 04:04:31 pm

Jimmy I know that this was a rebuttal to my calling an upset alert on CC and Brinkley but I was really warning you all of the dangers of the T-Birds. Honestly our Jr. High could have survived that first round game against Kipp. Murry didn't turn the pressure up one time today....

Pit the Tigers will be ready for the T-Birds. Brinkleys defense will destroy them. We play D like the Nolan teams of the early 90's.

Pit Bull

Ok, 2A-3 welcomes the challenge

JimmyTiger2001

As former tiger coach Herbert Williams would say......"Men, there's never a good time to go through the jungle."

Dogg

Quote from: JimmyTiger2001 on March 01, 2016, 04:54:58 pm
Pit the Tigers will be ready for the T-Birds. Brinkleys defense will destroy them. We play D like the Nolan teams of the early 90's.
CC has been battle tested as far as dealing with pressure defense

Pit Bull

Quote from: JimmyTiger2001 on March 01, 2016, 05:04:01 pm
As former tiger coach Herbert Williams would say......"Men, there's never a good time to go through the jungle."

You am right about that!

JimmyTiger2001

There's always a lion or a Tiger that's hungry trying to eat you alive!

Dogg

Imported or domesticated

JimmyTiger2001

Quote from: Dogg on March 01, 2016, 05:32:30 pm
Imported or domesticated

Pretty sure there's no domesticated animals in the jungle lol.

Dogg

If they are in Brinkley they have been domesticated. Lol
Earle and Brinkley had a home and home series in the 80's that were non conference barn burners. It was a great non conference match up

djyungstylez

Don't be surprised if Dermott Upsets Hector tonight .....

bigworm

Quote from: djyungstylez on March 01, 2016, 07:01:03 pm
Don't be surprised if Dermott Upsets Hector tonight .....

They are working on it.

NEAscout100

Heared Brinkley boys would roll over Earle. Is this true?

JimmyTiger2001

Quote from: NEAscout100 on March 02, 2016, 07:31:59 am
Heared Brinkley boys would roll over Earle. Is this true?
I doubt they would roll. I think it would be a battle. But they still have to win two games before we can find out.

Bigditchlion

Both are fast paced and create pts off of turnovers. You won't stop Greene only can contain him.

JimmyTiger2001

Quote from: Bigditchlion on March 02, 2016, 08:22:58 am
Both are fast paced and create pts off of turnovers. You won't stop Greene only can contain him.
Greene has a family tradition of excellence. (see Jerry and Stanley Eckwood, Jerry is his grandfather and played for the buccaneers and Stanley played in the pros in basketball)

redrider30

Let's not forget that Cross County beat Marmaduke in OT in the first round of district and also lost to them at home on their homecoming night. I think it maybe a reach to think they can beat Brinkley but if they do I guess my Greyhounds were better than I thought. Big drop off in 2A-3 from Earle, Marked Tree and EPC down to Cross County.

redrider30

As for Brinkley or anyone rolling over the Earle boys. Not going to happen. They might get beat but no one in this tournament will roll over them. They are way too talented.

JimmyTiger2001

Brinkley is not a one man show. They have several weapons and a very deep bench with no drop off in talent.

bdubyab60

March 02, 2016, 09:17:46 am #120 Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 10:07:26 am by bdubyab60
Quote from: redrider30 on March 02, 2016, 09:02:41 am
Let's not forget that Cross County beat Marmaduke in OT in the first round of district and also lost to them at home on their homecoming night. I think it maybe a reach to think they can beat Brinkley but if they do I guess my Greyhounds were better than I thought. Big drop off in 2A-3 from Earle, Marked Tree and EPC down to Cross County.
They also beat Bay and BIC. If they stay focused, dangerous team. If not well then they will get run off the court.

JimmyTiger2001

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 02, 2016, 09:17:46 am
They also bet Bay and BIC. If they stay focused, dangerous team. If not well then they will get run off the court.
It'll all be settled on the court in a few hours.

RedWolf275

Quote from: redrider30 on March 02, 2016, 09:04:50 am
As for Brinkley or anyone rolling over the Earle boys. Not going to happen. They might get beat but no one in this tournament will roll over them. They are way too talented.

RR is right. Nobody in 2A going to roll up Earle. They will be the ones doing the rolling!

Mr. Trill

If they beat Brinkley, then we know how far Earle can run...  ;D

Dogg

Quote from: JimmyTiger2001 on March 02, 2016, 08:51:08 am
Greene has a family tradition of excellence. (see Jerry and Stanley Eckwood, Jerry is his grandfather and played for the buccaneers and Stanley played in the pros in basketball)
Is his per game avg. only 11.3 points per game?

BoxNOne

I saw Jerry Eckwood in high school. He was a man amongst boys at that level. If he hadn't wrecked his knee, I think he would have been a great NFL running back instead of just a pretty good one.

JimmyTiger2001

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 02, 2016, 10:15:22 am
I saw Jerry Eckwood in high school. He was a man amongst boys at that level. If he hadn't wrecked his knee, I think he would have been a great NFL running back instead of just a pretty good one.
I'm pretty sure it was concussions that did him in.

BoxNOne

I think he tore ACL while at UA and it seemed to cost him a step. The guy was really great. May have had concussions too.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dogg on March 02, 2016, 10:03:06 am
Is his per game avg. only 11.3 points per game?

If that's his avg., I would say that not having to play in the 2nd half of a lot of games plays a part in that. He can score all he wants.

JimmyTiger2001

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 02, 2016, 11:01:38 am
If that's his avg., I would say that not having to play in the 2nd half of a lot of games plays a part in that. He can score all he wants.
He scored over 20 against MI at regionals

Mustangfans

Some of them boys from Brinkley look like college players. Lol

JimmyTiger2001

Quote from: Mustangfans on March 02, 2016, 01:33:46 pm
Some of them boys from Brinkley look like college players. Lol
They play like it too.

Mustangfans

He's built like a running back!! Brinkley definitely has some athletes!!

JimmyTiger2001

Go Tigers! It's gametime!

Mustangfans

Cross Co. came to play today!! 26-27 Cross co halftime

mtindian42

Mustangfans

Boykin is killing them

Dogg

Is that the point guard

bdubyab60

Dogg

Dogg

Did CC stop him or contain him

Bigditchlion

How many did Greene have?

Pit Bull

Quote from: Bigditchlion on March 02, 2016, 04:23:23 pm
How many did Greene have?

That's what we were trying to say is that CC has a "Big" too and although he doesn't show up very often, when he does, he changes the flight patterns of the T-Birds tremendously... Just saying... I wasn't shocked at all about this game....

EPC takes down England "NEXT!"

Bigditchlion

Sounds like yall stopped him from what I heard. Great win cc!

NEark tigers

2A-3 boys are undefeated so far.....who would have thunk it!

Ctucker

Pit Bull

March 02, 2016, 04:43:37 pm #146 Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 05:11:42 pm by Pit Bull
Quote from: NEark tigers on March 02, 2016, 04:39:31 pm
2A-3 boys are undefeated so far.....who would have thunk it!

Pressure is on MT and EPC to play at the top of their game and get the win... Both are capable...

ASURedWolf6

Way to go Cross County! The 2A-3 flexing their muscles?

ISU7

Quote from: Dogg on March 02, 2016, 04:10:35 pm
Did CC stop him or contain him
lol. I guess CC were who Brinkley thought they were. That's way you play the game. Hey where's Jimmy Tiger!!! lol  way to go 3-2A 8) 8)

JimmyTiger2001

Quote from: ISU7 on March 02, 2016, 05:20:38 pm
lol. I guess CC were who Brinkley thought they were. That's way you play the game. Hey where's Jimmy Tiger!!! lol  way to go 3-2A 8) 8)
I'm right here....congrats CC. They were the better team today.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas