• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Coaches

Started by Old school, February 19, 2016, 01:18:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Old school

I know BIC will be looking any other one's out there going to be looking? I think the BIC job woud be a pretty good one to have. I know Buster just got what he wanted at Riverside but does moving up make him want to step away.

DnA Prostaff

Just my two cents, but I imagine that whoever takes the job at BIC will have a lot of pressure put on him. There is a good tradition there with Coach Taylor.  Next year if they do well, it will be because of the work that Coach Taylor put in before he left. If they don't do well, it will be because the new coach is a moron..... either way is a tough situation especially if a young coach is hired.

zebra73

If Riverside girls had their old coach,I think they would be playing in tonight's finals. ???

Baller_34

I've heard Middlebrooks from Cedar Ridge maybe interested but the future looks pretty bare at BIC!!
As far as Riverside goes I don't know the girls coach personally but by watching him coach in games he acts like he don't have a clue about anything.

zebra73

When you worry about one kid instead of four others,you will not get very far. He is a piece of work,to be nice ;D

BoxNOne

Quote from: Old school on February 19, 2016, 01:18:32 pm
I know BIC will be looking any other one's out there going to be looking? I think the BIC job woud be a pretty good one to have. I know Buster just got what he wanted at Riverside but does moving up make him want to step away.

I don't think Buster will be going anywhere.

RedWolf275

Quote from: zebra73 on February 20, 2016, 10:21:36 am
If Riverside girls had their old coach,I think they would be playing in tonight's finals. ???

There are others that agree with your view. Blew that game against EPC.

MikelB

Rumor mill says EPC coach is leaving and Hill may be coming back.

Bigtimebasketballfan

Mustangfans

Quote from: Bigtimebasketballfan on February 21, 2016, 11:34:47 pm
Leaving to go where?
I have heard rumors that he was being looked at for a coaching position at a school about 15-20 miles north of EPC.

Bigtimebasketballfan

Mustangfans

BIC needing a new coach. I've heard rumors that he was one of the coaches BIC was interested in. Also heard same rumor about the Rector coach. It's only rumors tho.

bdubyab60

I'd take Mills in a heartbeat. Dude can coach. I've heard rumors too but for now that's all they are.

birddawg1986

I've always said too Mills could flat out coach and would be interesting to see him have a team with talent.

ASURedWolf6

Quote from: birddawg1986 on February 22, 2016, 12:44:00 am
I've always said too Mills could flat out coach and would be interesting to see him have a team with talent.

Doubt he leaves.. Rector guy through and through. Great coach.

Baller_34

He better not go to BIC then cause there ain't much talent there right now.

bdubyab60

Quote from: ASURedWolf235 on February 22, 2016, 12:52:28 am
Doubt he leaves.. Rector guy through and through. Great coach.
By what I'm told he was interested in a job a couple years ago but things didn't work out. But he sure makes the most of what he's got.

bdubyab60

Quote from: birddawg1986 on February 22, 2016, 12:44:00 am
He had some a few years back. Semi final and they also beat CR in regional as a 4 seed one year. Fact is the kids that play for him lay it on the line each game and you can tell they are listening to what he is saying.

birddawg1986

Quote from: Baller_34 on February 22, 2016, 05:36:01 am
He better not go to BIC then cause there ain't much talent there right now.
BIC 10&11th graders were district tournament champs. I know that Jr doesn't mean anything moving forward, but I think there is still a pretty good base of players to win the next couple years

MikelB

Quote from: Mustangfans on February 21, 2016, 11:52:52 pm
BIC needing a new coach. I've heard rumors that he was one of the coaches BIC was interested in. Also heard same rumor about the Rector coach. It's only rumors tho.
He's probably better suited for BIC than EPC

BoxNOne

Quote from: MikelB on February 22, 2016, 09:11:17 am
He's probably better suited for BIC than EPC

Personally, I would be surprised if BIC was looking at him.

bluegrassboy75

No offense to any coach who takes the job, but if I was a local coach I wouldn't want to take the BIC job for one reason.  You're following a coach who the entire school and community loves and you will always be compared to him.  It's always toughest on the coach immediately following someone loved like that.  Just my opinion.

Bigtimebasketballfan

Not saying Mills is a good or bad coach but to speak so highly of him didnt he return pretty much everybody from last years team and only win 3 games this year? Also, I highly doubt him or epc coach are candidates since they are in same conference.  Kind of hard switching school within a conference.  Rector goes to 1a but still would be a tough pill for the locals to swallow.

Old school

I don't see BIC being a good fit for the EPC guy. I thought BIC was only losing 1 guy this year. I would see that as plus for a coach coming. They finished 3rd. I also think the bench was full of underclassmen.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Bigtimebasketballfan on February 22, 2016, 12:06:42 pm
Not saying Mills is a good or bad coach but to speak so highly of him didnt he return pretty much everybody from last years team and only win 3 games this year? Also, I highly doubt him or epc coach are candidates since they are in same conference.  Kind of hard switching school within a conference.  Rector goes to 1a but still would be a tough pill for the locals to swallow.
Just because you have everyone back doesn't mean you have talent. He's basically got one good player. No matter how well coached that's hard to overcome. Also a lot more to coaching than just winning games.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Old school on February 22, 2016, 12:48:44 pm
I don't see BIC being a good fit for the EPC guy. I thought BIC was only losing 1 guy this year. I would see that as plus for a coach coming. They finished 3rd. I also think the bench was full of underclassmen.
Yeah they are only losing one or two players. Biggest loss will be Taylor. Even without him they will still be at or around the top 4 as far as talent goes in the conference.

Will just depend on what kind of coach they get.

Old school

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 22, 2016, 01:07:55 pm
Yeah they are only losing one or two players. Biggest loss will be Taylor. Even without him they will still be at or around the top 4 as far as talent goes in the conference.

Will just depend on what kind of coach they get.
I agree. The right Coach will have something to work with. How do yall feel about the Cedar Ridge guy. Is he good or more a product of talent? I don't want to take away from what he has done just asking the question.

Bigtimebasketballfan

If winning isn't the main issue then why is everyone so pumped to get rid of your current coach. Coach hill was there and won state a couple times and got trashed by your fans constantly. Now y'all want him back. Doesn't make any sense. Thought the main issue with the current coach was underachieving

bdubyab60

Quote from: Bigtimebasketballfan on February 22, 2016, 03:08:34 pm
If winning isn't the main issue then why is everyone so pumped to get rid of your current coach. Coach hill was there and won state a couple times and got trashed by your fans constantly. Now y'all want him back. Doesn't make any sense. Thought the main issue with the current coach was underachieving
I myself never trashed Hill, thought he was a decent coach.Matter of fact his last year here was his best coaching job he did while he was here. Never said anything about him really. There are other reasons besides winning or losing that some around here wouldnt care if the coach left. Its not like hes not winning games. We are still competitive.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Old school on February 22, 2016, 03:04:44 pm
I agree. The right Coach will have something to work with. How do yall feel about the Cedar Ridge guy. Is he good or more a product of talent? I don't want to take away from what he has done just asking the question.
I think everyone needs talent to win big. But I think the CR coach would be a solid hire for anyone. Id be more wary of the guys who dont win with talent.

ASURedWolf6

Quote from: Bigtimebasketballfan on February 22, 2016, 12:06:42 pm

Them only winning 3 games was not due to poor coaching. Anyone who has watched Coach Mills knows he's not slouching when it comes to coaching.

ASURedWolf6

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 22, 2016, 01:04:50 pm
Just because you have everyone back doesn't mean you have talent. He's basically got one good player. No matter how well coached that's hard to overcome. Also a lot more to coaching than just winning games.

Didn't see this until after I posted my reply, but yes bdub. You hit the nail on the head.

MikelB

Quote from: ASURedWolf235 on February 22, 2016, 10:25:11 pm
Them only winning 3 games was not due to poor coaching. Anyone who has watched Coach Mills knows he's not slouching when it comes to coaching.

+100 he coaches 110% from start to finish

MikelB

Quote from: Bigtimebasketballfan on February 22, 2016, 03:08:34 pm
You are always going to have some fans that don't like the coach that's just a given.  I don't think any true EPC fans wanted Hill to leave, as a matter of fact I think most tried everything they could to get him to stay.  His decision to leave was based on family and not his popularity/unpopularity as far as I know.

Mustangfans

Quote from: Old school on February 22, 2016, 12:48:44 pm
You are correct Old school. We will be losing only 1 starter. We started 1 senior, 1 junior, and 3 sophomores. Should have a pretty solid team for the next 3-4 years. The only problem I foresee for whoever the new coach is is trying to live up to the standards that Taylor set. Hopefully we'll get a coach that will be able to set his/her own winning standards.

neafan0653

I think BIC started 3 juniors and one sophomore. You got that the other way around.

Mustangfans

Quote from: neafan0653 on February 23, 2016, 11:08:20 am
I think BIC started 3 juniors and one sophomore. You got that the other way around.
You are right. Don't know why I was thinking that

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: neafan0653 on February 23, 2016, 11:08:20 am

So have you heard anything you can share?

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

I heard Yates was interested.. so they could be looking for a girls coach.

Mustangfans

First time Ive heard that one. This one will get the EPC fans going, but I had heard a couple months ago that he might be looking into a job over there. Lol

bdubyab60

I'm not sure how true but I've heard rumors we are gonna be needing two coaches. But you know how rumors are.

Mustangfans

Hmmm, that interesting bdub. May be some truth to the rumors.

birddawg1986

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 23, 2016, 12:35:33 pm
I'm not sure how true but I've heard rumors we are gonna be needing two coaches. But you know how rumors are.
Yeah I heard the same rumor mill at last weeks district tournament. Don't know sites for BL but heard MP was going to Blytheville.

OB11

Quote from: birddawg1986 on February 23, 2016, 12:58:18 pm
Yeah I heard the same rumor mill at last weeks district tournament. Don't know sites for BL but heard MP was going to Blytheville.

Tad off subject, but has Blytheville posted that job yet?  Or are they waiting until the season is over? 

MikelB

Quote from: Mustangfans on February 23, 2016, 12:10:59 pm
First time Ive heard that one. This one will get the EPC fans going, but I had heard a couple months ago that he might be looking into a job over there. Lol

I heard the same thing a few months ago. And hey IF we are looking for a new girls coach, I'm not gona complain because from what I've seen, I think Yates a good coach.

birddawg1986

I doubt any school will post jobs until the season is over.

MikelB

Quote from: Mustangfans on February 23, 2016, 12:10:59 pm
One thing for sure is if Vornes sticks around next year, whoever coaches EPC girls will have a team FULL of talent to work with. They are only losing one SR, but adding 2 more Wards and the other top 6 players have been playing together since 7th grade. With the right coach they will be at the top of 2A-3 with Earle...imo

RedWolf275

Is Yates being forced out? I do know BIC pays pretty good.

redrider30

They won't be at the top of 2A-3 with Earle because they won't be in the 2A-3. EPC will be in the 2A-2.

bdubyab60

Quote from: redrider30 on February 23, 2016, 01:56:22 pm
They won't be at the top of 2A-3 with Earle because they won't be in the 2A-3. EPC will be in the 2A-2.
For tournament only. Regular season with the mixed confrences they will play each other twice. Along with Marmaduke.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas