• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JC-Westside Basketball

Started by AT, November 16, 2015, 08:35:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

I can't back you up, I was at an indoor track meet.

I do know Westside's two starting postmen were in foul trouble. One fouled out and the other had 4 fouls.

bighurt411

My daughter got most of her fouls by breathing on the Hackett players to much apparently. The Hackett girls were riding us like Seabiscuit and got away with it. Not sure how you can complain out the officiating at all. Your #10 was deliberately trying to trip our point guard late in the game and somehow none of the 3 officials noticed it.

bighurt411

Quote from: Hornet4ever on February 05, 2016, 07:43:11 pm
Westside starting to pull away. The 3 point shooter has came out of her cave just like last game, and the refs have turned for the worse. Lol
We only got some calls in the first quarter. After that they were pro Hackett.

AT

JC-Westside girls do win 62-40

I believe the boys lost 31-36.

The girls are (22-2) (13-0) and have wrapped up the 1 seed for the district tournament and sole possession of the regular season district title. 

The boys are (4-15) (3-10).

The last conference game and last regular season game for the boys (girls will still travel to play England) is on Tuesday against Magazine. It will be senior night.

The girls will try to keep a perfect record during their conference season.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: bighurt411 on February 06, 2016, 08:55:13 am
Westside starting to pull away. The 3 point shooter has came out of her cave just like last game, and the refs have turned for the worse. Lol

Oh whatever. That's a frecken joke.

bighurt411

Quote from: Hornet4ever on February 06, 2016, 10:17:23 am

I'm sure we will meet again in the district tournament with unbiased officials.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: bighurt411 on February 06, 2016, 12:17:44 pm

As long as it's not at Westside it will be okay.

AT

Quote from: Hornet4ever on February 06, 2016, 01:02:58 pm

This past game was at Hackett.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 06, 2016, 07:44:06 pm
Quote from: Hornet4ever on February 06, 2016, 01:02:58 pm

This past game was at Hackett.

I know Alma. I was being sarcastic toward him. I could care less where it is, I felt like both games were good at both gyms. We actually played better at Westside then we did last night at Hackett. Our girls didn't hit a single 3 point all night long. When we maybe hit 7-8 at Westside. My little brother is dating one of the girls on the team. She told us that it was actually a bit tougher to play last night here because of the noise, the atmosphere was great but the girls could barley hear the play calls, and the big environment really had them worked up in the early part of the game. (13-0 JC Westside early run) then we settled down and made it a 3 point game at half. The reffing last night was rough, for both sides. I even stated last night there was several missed calls for Hackett too, as there was for Westside. All in all though it was a good one. Hopefully they meet up again at districts.

AT

Westside boys and girls play tonight for senior night and the last conference game against Magazine. The girls look to just sweep conference play with everything locked into place for them.

The boys' result tonight depends on whether they get the 6 seed or 7 seed.

RATTLER43

Westside girls won.  Magazine boys won.

AT

Girls

JC-Westside - 59
Magazine - 31

Boys
Magazine - 52
JC-Westside - 26

Girls go to (23-2) (14-0)

Boys fall to (4-16) (3-11)

HorseFeathers

Can either one of you(Alma or Rattler) help with completeing the 4 west standings?

AT

The Johnson County Westside Junior High Girls won the 2A-4 Junior High District tournament. They beat Mountainburg in  overtime.

AT

Yes the Westside Lady Rebels did lose last week to England 56-62 to fall to (23-3) (14-0). Hoping to beat them on a neutral court when it matters the most.

The Rebels lost last night to end their season in the district tournament to Hackett by a score of 26-35. The boys season ends at (4-17) (3-11)

AT

Sorry for lack of updates, Westside fans and those interested.

The Lady Rebels did not have to play in the district tournament until this past Friday in the semis. They played Magazine and won 66-36 to improve to (24-3) (14-0).

They then played Hackett for the district tournament title and won 53-44 giving the girls the district regular season and tournament titles. This improved them to (25-3) (14-0).

The girls play Bigelow Wednesday at 4:00 PM at the 2A West Regional at Quitman. If the girls win they are into the state playoffs. If they lose, they are out.

AT

Johnson County-Westside Lady Rebels beat Bigelow 56-26 in the 1st round of the 2A West Regional Tournament to punch their ticket to the state tournament. They will play the winner of the Magazine/Hector game Friday at 4:00 PM.

AT

JC-Westside Lady Rebels beat Hector in regional semi finals yesterday to improve to (27-3) (14-0). They play host Quitman in the finals tonight at 6.

Bigditchlion

Good luck today! That will be a good one to watch

Rackjack74

Quote from: Bigditchlion on February 27, 2016, 09:52:50 am
Good luck today! That will be a good one to watch

I would expect both the girls and boys finals in the west region to be outstanding ballgames to watch.  Actually, all the final games will most likely be barn burners.  It's that time of year you know.  Good luck and good health to all teams playing tonight.

AT

JC-Westside Lady Rebels fall to Quitman 36-46. The girls fall to (27-4) (14-0) on the year and will be a 2 seed in the state tournament where they will take on Mineral Springs in the first round.

AT

The JC-Westside Lady Rebels beat Mineral Springs in the first round of the 2A State tournament by a score of 68-44. They improve to (28-4) (14-0).

They advance to the quarterfinals for a rematch with England tomorrow (Friday) at 4:00 PM.

Basketballfan21

Westside looking to get revenge I'm sure.

AT

The Johnson County Westside Lady Rebels did fall in the quarterfinals of the state tournament to England.

They finished 28-5 on the year and a perfect conference record of 14-0. They won the regular season district crown and the district tournament.

They were regional runner ups, even beating state contending Hector in the regional semifinals.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas