• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 - 1A MONEY POLL

Started by 3 Dollar, March 23, 2018, 07:28:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

March 23, 2018, 07:28:26 am Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 07:58:51 am by 3 Dollar
First and foremost, this poll is merely one person's opinion to generate casual conversation on a forum.  I watch a whole lot of softball during the spring.  However, I do not see all of these teams play.  I go by what I see, scores posted here on FF, MaxxPreps, and local and statewide newspapers.  I do not and will not remove a team from the polls at the request of another poster or coach.  Again these are just my opinion.  Have a blessed day and enjoy!

As of Spring Break:

1...Taylor
2...Concord
3...Woodlawn
4...Southside Bee Branch
5...Midland
6...Armorel
7...Dierks
8...Mount Vernon/Enola
9...Mount Ida
10..Viola

:-X

As of 4-1-2018:

1...Taylor
2...Concord
3...Woodlawn
4...Southside Bee Branch
5...Dierks
6...Mount Ida
7...Midland
8...Mount Vernon/Enola
9...Viola
10..Sacred Heart

???

As of 4-8-2018:

1...Taylor
2...Concord
3...Woodlawn
4...Southside Bee Branch
5...Dierks
6...Mount Ida
7...Mount Vernon/Enola
8...Sacred Heart
9...Scranton
10..Viola

::)

As of 4-15-2018:

1...Taylor
2...Concord
3...Acorn
4...Southside Bee Branch
5...Woodlawn
6...Dierks
7...Mount Ida
8...Scranton
9...Mount Vernon/Enola
10..Viola

:-*

As of 4-22-2018:

1...Taylor
2...Concord
3...Acorn
4...Woodlawn
5...Scranton
6...Dierks
7...Mount Ida
8...Midland
9...Southside Bee Branch
10..Mount Vernon/Enola

:'(

As of 4-29-2018:

1...Taylor
2...Concord
3...Woodlawn
4...Scranton
5...Mount Ida
6...Southside Bee Branch
7...Dierks
8...Hermitage
9...Acorn
10..Mount Vernon/Enola

:o

As of 5-6-2018:

1...Taylor
2...Concord
3...Woodlawn
4...Mount Ida
5...Dierks
6...Mount Vernon/Enola
7...Acorn
8...Midland
9...Southside Bee Branch
10..Scranton

;)

Smalltownfamous

Smalltownfamous

Taylor just defeated 5A Magnolia 13-2 in 5 innings.

gamechanger11

As said before 1a is way down only two teams that have much of a chance is Taylor and concord they will be playing in the finals. Armorel has not even won a game this year. Midland is way down. South side and Woodlawn are solid teams but not quite to the level of the other two and then there is no one else this year. In years past it was about 5 teams or so that could win it but not this year.

gamechanger11

1. Concord
2.Taylor
6 south side
7. Woodlawn
8 dierks

Mr. Pappagiorgio

1. Concord
2. Concord
3. Concord
4. Concord
5. Concord
6. Concord
7. Concord
8. Concord
9. Comcord
10. Taylor

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: 3 Dollar on March 23, 2018, 07:28:26 am
As of Spring Break:

1...Taylor
2...Concord
3...Woodlawn
4...Southside Bee Branch
5...Midland
6...Armorel
7...Dierks
8...Mount Vernon/Enola
9...Mount Ida
10..Viola

:-X

I can respect this list with one exception:  Armorel is 1-7 according to Maxpreps..........

What am I missing??

littlec2964

Per Max Preps :

Concord 12
South Side 1

3 Dollar

littlec2964

Smalltownfamous

I think the top 4 on the above list is money. The some t and from last year are much weaker. Also, we all have to keep in mind that not all teams submit there info to MaxPreps each game. So, it's hard to project until we get closer to regionals. But, again, I think the top 4 of Concord, Taylor, SSBB, Woodlawn is a lock...unless there's a sleeper we're missing.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Smalltownfamous on April 05, 2018, 10:15:41 am
I think the top 4 on the above list is money. The some t and from last year are much weaker. Also, we all have to keep in mind that not all teams submit there info to MaxPreps each game. So, it's hard to project until we get closer to regionals. But, again, I think the top 4 of Concord, Taylor, SSBB, Woodlawn is a lock...unless there's a sleeper we're missing.

Does Woodlawn have a quality win  that puts them in top 4??

jk

Scranton has consistently been in top 4 the last 10 years and just won the big Clarksville tournament so they should definitely be in discussion

littlec2964

gamechanger11

Scranton has been consistently good over the years, however they lost quit a bit from last and do not have what it takes to have with the top two. If those two happen to not be in the finals I will be the first to say I was wrong. But I am telling you it is a two horse race.

Mulerider4Life

Concord is definitely playing better than Taylor right now.

3 Dollar

Splash199

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on April 05, 2018, 11:19:41 am
Does Woodlawn have a quality win  that puts them in top 4??

Woodlawn will go as far as Senior P Kaylee Hinson takes them. They have everybody back off of last year's quarter final team except the all state power house catcher.

OneHitWonder

April 10, 2018, 07:42:07 pm #18 Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 06:49:59 am by OneHitWonder
Rosebud  9

Concord  2

Final

littlec2964

Taylor 3

Harmony Grove Camden 0

Final

BasketballNeverStops

Concord-15 (17-2)
Midland-0

OneHitWonder

Concord beats Bald Knob 8-7 today at BK. 

BasketballNeverStops

Concord over #6 4A Stuttgart 5-3. Two impressive wins on the day.

3 Dollar

gamechanger11

Sorry 3 dollar but Concord is for sure ahead of Taylor. They have played two of the teams that have beaten Taylor and beaten both of them. Just tell aaa to mail the ship to Cleburne county

SackAttack

Quote from: gamechanger11 on April 15, 2018, 03:25:31 pm
Sorry 3 dollar but Concord is for sure ahead of Taylor. They have played two of the teams that have beaten Taylor and beaten both of them. Just tell aaa to mail the ship to Cleburne county
How you figure that?? They haven't played and there's a ton of softball left to play! Careful to compare scores! All you have is an opinion and weakly based at that! For three years you bashed and downplayed them now all of a sudden you are #1 cheerleader!! Hmmm!!! I think I'm about to figure out your modus operandi here!!

OneHitWonder

I'm wondering how Concord lost so bad to Rosebud?  I wasn't at the game I just heard the score.

3 Dollar

Quote from: gamechanger11 on April 15, 2018, 03:25:31 pm

I've seen Concord play.  Maybe I caught them on a not so good day, but I'd say there was a lot of room for improvement.

BasketballNeverStops

Concord-2
Quitman-1

What a game between two of Cleburne County's finest. Concord's second run came on a close slide at home that was just inches away from being an out. All I can say at this point is watch out 1A and 2A.

3 Dollar

BLUEBLOOD

As of 4-22-2018:

1...Taylor
2...Concord
3...Acorn
4...Woodlawn
5...Scranton
6...Dierks
7...Mount Ida
8...Midland
9...Southside Bee Branch
10..Mount Vernon/Enola

I know it's easy to cast stones at someone else's rankings, but I have a serious question about this listing involving teams from the same conference:

Acorn lost to Dierks and Mt Ida in the past week, but are still ranked ahead of both.  I'm just curious as to what the thinking is there.  I appreciate your rankings and I enjoy the discussions surrounding them.

Southark

I think you also have to consider Hermitage as a top 10 team.. Good pitching solid defense and can really hammer the ball. They also have one of the best catchers I've seen in recent years.

BasketballNeverStops

Concord (25-2) hauls in third consecutive district title, top Bee Branch 6-1.

CrazySacDad

Hermitage is a well keep secret. When they are on they can play. Better be respected in Regional this coming week.

3 Dollar

Smalltownfamous

Need to look at Strength of Schedule. Taylor has been ranked 2nd for a while now. But, they have a better SOS.  Taylor, being in the middle of nowhere had more trouble this year finding quality teams to play. And the continuation of br bringing up their losses to Genoa Central snd Harmony Grove should cease. I'd explained that Taylor had a bad game in both losses. Harmony Grove found out the hard way a couple of weeks ago. Genoa will find out tomorrow. Taylor's SOS has slipped because of their having to complete their conference games. Also, unlike some, they do NOT count JV games in stats.

3 Dollar

Quote from: Smalltownfamous on April 30, 2018, 05:31:05 pm
Need to look at Strength of Schedule. Taylor has been ranked 2nd for a while now. But, they have a better SOS.  Taylor, being in the middle of nowhere had more trouble this year finding quality teams to play. And the continuation of br bringing up their losses to Genoa Central snd Harmony Grove should cease. I'd explained that Taylor had a bad game in both losses. Harmony Grove found out the hard way a couple of weeks ago. Genoa will find out tomorrow. Taylor's SOS has slipped because of their having to complete their conference games. Also, unlike some, they do NOT count JV games in stats.

To whom are you addressing this?
Taylor has been ranked #1 in every MONEY POLL this year!!!
>:(

CrazySacDad

SmallMindtown needs to chill Dollar next couple weeks will stop all the BS from the fans. the Young Ladys on the the field will decide who the best is. Polls are fun for sure but kids decide the final outcome. Hope my team gets to state and plays BlueBirds bunch. Will show him who has a quality win  ;D ;D ;D. Let the FUN begin its REGIONAL WEEK

MUSTANGSALLY23

May 01, 2018, 12:28:03 pm #38 Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 12:30:03 pm by MUSTANGSALLY23
 ???

littlec2964

Taylor 4
Genoa Central 0

Final

hogman1886

Quote from: Smalltownfamous on April 30, 2018, 05:31:05 pm

Didn't it take extra innings to beat Harmony Grove? I don't know what you mean by HG found out the hard way a couple of weeks ago. Plus HG had coaching changes. They are hitting their stride again. I think Taylor caught HG on a bad day. Just like you said, HG caught Taylor on a bad day.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: CrazySacDad on April 28, 2018, 03:54:48 pm
Hermitage is a well keep secret. When they are on they can play. Better be respected in Regional this coming week.
All you have to do is rattle the pitcher a little bit, and the Hermits are toast. 

3 Dollar

Region 3 results:

Mount Vernon/Enola-12
Bradford-2
Final in 6 innings

Batting in the bottom of the 6th Southside Bee Branch is leading 10-9 over Wonderview

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: 3 Dollar on May 04, 2018, 04:18:08 pm

Batting in the bottom of the 6th Southside Bee Branch is leading 10-9 over Wonderview

Who won this game??

Smalltownfamous

May 04, 2018, 06:08:31 pm #44 Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 09:20:44 am by Smalltownfamous
@hogman1866..,it did take Taylor 8 innings to beat HG. But, it was a win. And neither team hit well...thus, the need for an 8th inning. Also, we avenged the loss to GC as well. Now, as far as regionals, Hermitage lost to Ouachita. Taylor just beat them 17-0.

playhard

BLUEBLOOD

BLUEBLOOD

Scranton had a tough regional tournament.

Lost 17-2 to Dierks and 10-0 to Acorn

3 Dollar

Bigpoppa

Quote from: jk on April 05, 2018, 05:41:28 pm
Scranton has consistently been in top 4 the last 10 years and just won the big Clarksville tournament so they should definitely be in discussion
What happened in Regionals? I thought at first it was a strategy move to stay away from Taylor - but the 4 seed ends up with Bradley and a win means Concord.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas