• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cabot’s next HC?

Started by IAFLAR7, November 06, 2018, 12:09:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cabotpantherman on December 03, 2018, 08:48:45 pm
From what I understand there is a lot of interest with great resumes for this job.
So is it still Gus?

CommonSense77

I can bet that these coaches know more than just the Dead T.  If you happened to watch Jr. High South this year, they had a QB who could run and throw the ball, they spread their formations out and won the conference.  Jr. High North even had some spread formations in the North/South game.  These coaches, Im sure, have watched thousands of hours of tape on different offenses/defenses, I feel certain they know how to run different formations.  You need to watch how the coaches interact with the kids, how excited they get for the kids. 

thebigshot

Quote from: CommonSense77 on December 04, 2018, 08:31:55 am
I can bet that these coaches know more than just the Dead T.  If you happened to watch Jr. High South this year, they had a QB who could run and throw the ball, they spread their formations out and won the conference.  Jr. High North even had some spread formations in the North/South game.  These coaches, Im sure, have watched thousands of hours of tape on different offenses/defenses, I feel certain they know how to run different formations.  You need to watch how the coaches interact with the kids, how excited they get for the kids. 

I highly doubt that, the Dead T is the only thing Cabot football knew the last 39 years. None of the WR both JR high North and South could catch the ball every time it was thrown. The passes that were thrown were short but every time it was thrown they were able to get a 1st down and they would go back to running the ball again. Cabot football is based on the run, shut the run down they couldn't throw the ball. We all know Cabot would had won the championship a few years ago if they would had thrown the football more against Bentonville.

By the way, a big annoucement will be made on December 17th or the 18th.

TrenchHogs

Wonder if Mark King at Foreman would stand a shot at this? State title last year and semi finals this year? I know there is a great big difference in 2A and 7A football but the guy has proven success.

athletic supporter

Urban Meyer is going to be looking

CommonSense77

Obviously you didnt see any of the games on Jr. high south, I guess 40 yd passes is a "short pass"? You also need to see some of the catches that were made, those kids had pretty good hands.  I remember the State Championship game, sleeting/rain, cold, wet...but if YOU saw that game, you would know that Bentonville ran the ball more than they threw, guess maybe because of the "conditions"??? 

ricepig

Quote from: #1thetruth on December 03, 2018, 10:15:20 pm
U are so easy to bate.... by the way I taught Russian...
Lol....
I already know what your response will be.
You're so smart.....I'm sure you will catch it.

Well, at least one of us is smart, your troll game is very weak.

gerber707

Quote from: #1thetruth on December 03, 2018, 10:15:20 pm
U are so easy to bate.... by the way I taught Russian...
Lol....
I already know what your response will be.
You're so smart.....I'm sure you will catch it.
Oh my gosh. Where should I start? Bait,knew,or would? You just keep proving my point. You either are not very smart my friend or you are just a child. I know you try really really hard to be witty but you are totally out of your league Truth. Like I said before I hope someday you find the attention you so desperately need some day. You don't have to try and be something you are not. We love you Truth ;D

#1thetruth

December 04, 2018, 10:00:17 pm #158 Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 10:54:48 pm by #1thetruth
Quote from: gerber707 on December 04, 2018, 07:22:02 pm
Oh my gosh. Where should I start? Bait,knew,or would? You just keep proving my point. You either are not very smart my friend or you are just a child. I know you try really really hard to be witty but you are totally out of your league Truth. Like I said before I hope someday you find the attention you so desperately need some day. You don't have to try and be something you are not. We love you Truth ;D

You are a freaking retard...// I knew you would fall for it!!! People like you are easy to BAIT........ my bed 🙃..... lMBO..... please fall for it agin😛. Lol.
How much fun can one guy have. Goodnight I'm headed to bad😂....

Buy ⭐️ the way.... you are killing me smalls... the knew 😎 head coach is Greenwood HS R Jones. He will except 🤪 the job tomorrow. 
The crazy thing is, with all the clues, you still are___________. 
The ones that have message me, are dead on......  for some it didn't take long figuring out what i'm Up to.
Considering how much of geniis you and Sugar Britches are....I'm disappointed in you both...
Another clue...... moving up the ladder one post at a time...👀
I love the suggestion I'm getting from some of you.... keep it up.
Please check for errors. Thx

beach bum

December 04, 2018, 10:04:59 pm #159 Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 10:09:52 pm by beach bum
Quote from: TrenchHogs on December 04, 2018, 09:30:32 am
Wonder if Mark King at Foreman would stand a shot at this? State title last year and semi finals this year? I know there is a great big difference in 2A and 7A football but the guy has proven success.

The difference between 2A and 7A is one elite player can win a team a state title at 2A and not 7A. Dixon at Strong and Batey at Foreman proved that. If we are using that logic then Batey should get a shot at the Cabot job cause anybody with Batey was winning double digit games with him on a 2A roster. Let's pump the brakes a little bit and see what he can do without a player on his roster head and shoulders athletically superior to anyone that steps on the field against them..... before we start crowning him with a 7A coaching job.

The_Wesson_Blessin

Not necessarily true...Desmond Jackson from PC is getting offers from Oklahoma St. and Kansas St. right now. Won the Jayhawk Conference Offensive Player of the Week 3 weeks in a row for Hutchinson Community College and Parkers Chapel was unable to win more than 4 games all four years he played. Granted a great player will probably make a much bigger impact on a lower level, the coaching still has SOMETHING to do with it...

Brian G

Quote from: #1thetruth on December 04, 2018, 10:00:17 pm
You are a freaking retard...// I knew you would fall for it!!! People like you are easy to BAIT........ my bed 🙃..... lMBO..... please fall for it agin😛. Lol.

Buy ⭐️ the way.... you are killing me smalls... the knew 😎 head coach is Greenwood HS R Jones. He will except 🤪 the job tomorrow. 
The ones that have message me, are dead on......  for some it didn't take long figuring out what i'm Up to.
Considering how much of geniis you and Sugar Britches are....I'm disappointed in you both...

Watch the name calling.

JohnBarleycorn

Rumor is Rick Jones in Cabot today.

i40traveler

Quote from: beach bum on December 04, 2018, 10:04:59 pm

The difference between 2A and 7A is one elite player can win a team a state title at 2A and not 7A. Dixon at Strong and Batey at Foreman proved that. If we are using that logic then Batey should get a shot at the Cabot job cause anybody with Batey was winning double digit games with him on a 2A roster. Let's pump the brakes a little bit and see what he can do without a player on his roster head and shoulders athletically superior to anyone that steps on the field against them..... before we start crowning him with a 7A coaching job.

Didn't 1 player basically take Cabot on a deep run a few years ago?

WTD

Quote from: i40traveler on December 05, 2018, 10:48:52 am
Didn't 1 player basically take Cabot on a deep run a few years ago?

Barnes or the running back they had in 2014 (Can't remember his name)

i40traveler

Quote from: WTD on December 05, 2018, 11:04:21 am
Barnes or the running back they had in 2014 (Can't remember his name)

Barnes is who I was talking about.  Never heard of anyone else.

gerber707

Quote from: #1thetruth on December 04, 2018, 10:00:17 pm

Of course you did truth. Hindsight IS 20/20.

RD™

I have no dog in the fight, but I hear a coach from Germantown, TN is on the radar.

RD™

Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on December 05, 2018, 09:41:26 am
funny, he must have a helicopter, because my daughter saw him in school today.

WTD

Quote from: RD™ on December 05, 2018, 12:29:26 pm
I have no dog in the fight, but I hear a coach from Germantown, TN is on the radar.

Chris Smith? Former HC at Blytheville?

rammer

I don't think Cabot ever went very far in the playoffs during Barnes years. Cabot made it to the state championship game in 2013 and lost to Bentonville. They were led by Landers Award winner Zach Launius, who rushed for nearly 3000 yards that year.  Barnes did help Cabot win a championship in basketball though.

young_gun

Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on December 05, 2018, 09:41:26 am

Would be a great hire but he is making $104k+ in greenwood and Malham was only making $93K. Is Cabot willing to up the pay? For as long as Malham has coached and with good success surprised he is not making $100K+.

JohnBarleycorn

Only $93K? Not a bad chunk.

AirWarren

Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on December 05, 2018, 01:47:02 pm
Only $93K? Not a bad chunk.

Yeah...I love how some on here look at a $93k a year salary with a "pffft" mentality when this state averages a median household income of $41K and a per capita personal income of $39K a year.

Some people are unbelievable.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on December 05, 2018, 01:53:24 pm
Yeah...I love how some on here look at a $93k a year salary with a "pffft" mentality when this state averages a median household income of $41K and a per capita personal income of $39K a year.

You are absolutely spot on here..... +1

game on

Quote from: AirWarren on November 29, 2018, 12:58:43 pm
It's called "contract details" aside from the state salary.

Standard 5
An educator maintains integrity regarding the acceptance of any gratuity, gift, compensation or favor that might impair or appear to influence professional decisions or actions and shall refrain from using the educator's position for personal gain.

This standard can be open to lots of interpretation.  That phrase, "any gratuity, gift, compensation or favor that might impair or appear to influence professional decisions or actions shall refrain from using the educator's position for personal gain." tricky.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: AirWarren on December 05, 2018, 01:53:24 pm

I think the point is if you are making over $100k in one place, why would you change jobs for $93k?

game on

Like the rise in pay for college coaches many high schools over the last quarter century have signifigantly raised the pay of their head coaches.  In many cases the disparity between some coaches pay and classroom teachers can be quite large.  It is only natural some would question this practice. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: game on on December 05, 2018, 02:03:37 pm
Standard 5
An educator maintains integrity regarding the acceptance of any gratuity, gift, compensation or favor that might impair or appear to influence professional decisions or actions and shall refrain from using the educator’s position for personal gain.

This standard can be open to lots of interpretation.  That phrase, "any gratuity, gift, compensation or favor that might impair or appear to influence professional decisions or actions shall refrain from using the educator's position for personal gain." tricky.

Can I pay him $50,000 to run the baseball program over the summer and $20,000 to take care of the pool?

#1thetruth

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 05, 2018, 02:06:00 pm
I think the point is if you are making over $100k in one place, why would you change jobs for $93k?

Cabot band director pay is 107k, I think they can pay whatever it take. As I said before, RJ is Cabot next HC.

RZback

I think a school can elect to pay about whatever they want for normal school "extra duties" as long as the school board votes a pay scale to support it. Coaches stipends or multipliers are open to being raised.  What would be more in question would be boosters paying the coach extra funds.  Some communities are behind larger salaries for coaches others not so much.

cabotpantherman

Malham made more than 93k and so will the next coach.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: cabotpantherman on December 05, 2018, 08:46:09 pm
Malham made more than 93k and so will the next coach.

93K is his reported income.  How much supplemental income is not reported?

Oldbadger

A teacher/coach at Cabot maxes out at 28 years and a master's plus 12. The multiplier at Cabot is 1.53 for the head coach. I don't know the education level of the current coach, but he has certainly maxed out for the years. If a coach has over 28 years and a masters plus 12 his salary without supplements would be in excess of 98,000. Many schools make the head football  coach the AD (not as much as they used to) which would be a significant boost to a salary. AD's anymore have a lot of work to do considering all the sports at  the bigger schools like Cabot and the addition of girls sports. So, the head football coach generally doesn't have time to do that job.

R. A.™

So has a list of applicants became available yet?

razorhogs

Quote from: WTD on December 05, 2018, 12:56:02 pm
Chris Smith? Former HC at Blytheville?
Yea that is Smith. It looks like he has done a great job at Germantown and maybe he would like to get back in the state. Could be a really good hire.

thebigshot

My source tells me a new head coach will be named before Christmas break.

Wolfpride

Quote from: RD™ on December 05, 2018, 12:29:53 pm
funny, he must have a helicopter, because my daughter saw him in school today.

That is because they met in Russellville.

Pat Swilling

When is December Board meeting?

cabotpantherman

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on December 05, 2018, 09:11:12 pm
93K is his reported income.  How much supplemental income is not reported?

cabotpantherman

I don't have the liberty to say. I too am hearing a new hire will be before Christmas.

Wolfpride

I do know that when Malham officially announced, Coach Patton inquired.  He is not being considered.

AirWarren

December 07, 2018, 09:31:59 am #192 Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 09:33:45 am by AirWarren
Quote from: Wolfpride on December 07, 2018, 09:29:21 am
I do know that when Malham officially announced, Coach Patton inquired.  He is not being considered.

Coach Patton is in good shape where he is. He will get his athletes to Bauxite to win.

Brian G

Heard Josh Floyd's name came up.

Wolfpride

Apparently he earns A LOT of money.  Not sure Cabot can pony up enough for him to come from Alabama.

Wolfpride

People around here initially thought that the coach would be the third part of the Coleman (Cabot's AD), Malzahn triangle.  Josh Floyd would have met that requirement.  However, I hasn't been contacted and if you look at his salary, he earns about 140K......WAAAAAAY of of Cabot's park.  So, it will probably be someone in state now.  Leader in the rumor mill seems to be Jones from Greenwood.

Brian G

I'm going to predict Jones does NOT come to Cabot

Wolfpride

Any ideas B.G.?  Even the El Dorado coach was mentioned.  I still say 50/50 they go out of state.

Baitshop

I cannot imagine Rick Jones  leaving Greenwood for any other high school, unless it was one of the power teams in Texas. He's too close to retirement age and really doesn't have anything left to prove. Plus, I can assure you that between the Greenwood administration, the Foundation, and Farmers Bank that no one will outbid the UofG for his services.
I would think that Cabot would have a much better chance of getting Kevin Kelley than Rick Jones.

Wolfpride

Cabot isn't interested in Kevin Kelly.  Rick has about 8-10 years left in him.....also, nothing left to prove at the 6A level.  Imagine a challenge of transitioning a program from one system to another at the 7A level might just be the challenge he wants.  Who knows..........Cabot will on December 17th.......

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas