• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A West Regional @ Bigelow

Started by HorseFeathers, May 06, 2014, 07:04:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

@ Bigelow
Game 1
10:00 a.m-----4E-1 Hector VS...4W-4 Nobody?
Game 2
12:30 P.M-----4W-2 Magazine vs 4E 3 Conway St Joseph
Game 3
3:00 P.M-------4W-1 Mountainburg vs 4E-4 Quitman
Game 4
5:30 P.M-------4E-2 Bigelow vs 4W-3 J.C Westside

Apparently Hector has recieved an auto-bid into the state tournament...Not sure what Happened there?

NEASPORTSFAN

They had some teams not finish the season or even field a team in the west this year. Maybe what happened

HorseFeathers

Quote from: phstiger on May 06, 2014, 07:09:31 pm
They had some teams not finish the season or even field a team in the west this year. Maybe what happened

That's what I'm assuming....The Athletics facebook page posted it as Since we were District champs is why we got the bye...lol

NEASPORTSFAN

May 06, 2014, 08:06:09 pm #3 Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 08:09:50 pm by phstiger
Don't be surprised if the 4E sweeps. Pangburn beat quitman 8-4 and mountainburg 6-3 this year. Those teams seem about equal to me. Will be a good game.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: phstiger on May 06, 2014, 08:06:09 pm
Don't be surprised if the 4E sweeps. Pangburn beat quitman 8-4 and mountainburg 6-3 this year. Those teams seem about equal to me. Will be a good game.

I was wondering about that....I know this will be the first state appearance for Hector...Maybe Ever?

NEASPORTSFAN

Played Hector too, they are salty and should go deep.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: phstiger on May 06, 2014, 09:10:44 pm
Played Hector too, they are salty and should go deep.

And YOUNG...I haven't watched our softball team play in years(we were in 3A last time I watched one, and that's been 7 years ago)...but I think I might take the time to watch a few games next season..

HorseFeathers

Games have been pushed back to saturday and monday due to the rain

CrazySacDad

HorseFeathers

I haven't heard any...but Did get this explaination as to why there were only 3 teams from the West.

Out of 8 teams, 3 went to region. All have had some issues with numbers. Hackett(i'm guessing would have been the 4 seed or maybe higher), specifically had to drop out due to only having 8 players. Eureka Springs and Decatur could have took the 4th spot, but both probably had no chance of upsetting Hector and chose to just save the gas and stay home.

Jackel

Conway St. Joe over Magazine 7-0
Mountainburg over Quitman 8-7 in 9 innings
Bigelow over J.C Westside 14-0 in 5 innings 
That's what I heard - hope its right

HorseFeathers

Almost a sweep for the East....

softballfan

Hector 1 Conway St. Joe 0 Final

HorseFeathers

Championship and Consolation games have been postponed due to rain....guessing UCA wasn't willing to play host to the softball tournament as well as the baseball one(The Baseball finals and consolation have been moved to UCA)..

HorseFeathers

Region Finals have been re-schedule for Tomorrow at 1 p.m @ Perryville

3 Dollar

Quote from: HF on May 12, 2014, 06:15:27 pm

Try 2pm!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 3 Dollar on May 12, 2014, 06:19:45 pm
Quote from: HF on May 12, 2014, 06:15:27 pm

Try 2pm!

Somebody should tell Hector :D

HorseFeathers

Alright...It was originally 1 p.m...then they changed it AGAIN to 2  p.m lol

football2

Have the 3 & 4 seeds been decided?

HorseFeathers

Straightup

Quote from: HF on May 12, 2014, 06:55:42 pm
Alright...It was originally 1 p.m...then they changed it AGAIN to 2  p.m lol
Not looking like it is going to make any difference what time it is scheduled for

BledBlue

Quote from: HF on May 12, 2014, 01:38:47 pm
Championship and Consolation games have been postponed due to rain....guessing UCA wasn't willing to play host to the softball tournament as well as the baseball one(The Baseball finals and consolation have been moved to UCA)..

They would have been willing and able had they been asked according to what I heard

softballfan

The last I heard was they were going to play today at 3:00 at Hector.

3 Dollar

Raining in Hector!

Looks like a possible coin toss for #1 & #2 between Hector and Bigelow and for #3 & #4 between Mountainburg and Conway St. Joe!

True Fan

Coin toss or seeding?

Seems like that #1 seeding should have an effect.

softballfan

I agree, why is there going to be a coin flip when one team is seeded #1 and the other team is a #2. I understand if both teams were seeded #1.

Straightup

Quote from: softballfan on May 13, 2014, 01:58:11 pm
I agree, why is there going to be a coin flip when one team is seeded #1 and the other team is a #2. I understand if both teams were seeded #1.
Good point! There will be a coin toss. That's a screwed up way to determine seeding for the state tournament

dbld71

Hector has had enough free rides. Free ride to state without playing there way in when there was nobody to play and now I bet they are begging for a coin toss so they don't have to play bigelow again because they have a better chance winning a coin toss than beating them.

Jackel

I would be willing to bet that if u asked any of the girls from either Hector or Bigelow they would tell you they rather settle it on the field than a coin toss. Anyone that loves this game- it should break your heart that it be settled that way. Feel bad for both teams

HorseFeathers

not sure if dude is being serious or not. . .

HorseFeathers

Quote from: dbld71 on May 13, 2014, 06:49:26 pm
Hector has had enough free rides. Free ride to state without playing there way in when there was nobody to play and now I bet they are begging for a coin toss so they don't have to play bigelow again because they have a better chance winning a coin toss than beating them.

We won the Coin Toss btw...Technically we're now 3-1(2-1 on the field) against Bigelow now....So can you help me out why those girls should have been begging to not get another shot at a team that they had already beaten twice. Are you suggesting that the umpires at Bigelow are crooked and the fix was in to Keep Hector from beating them at Bigelow?

dbld71

First off congrats on the coin flip. I guess really what I was getting to is everyone should go to regional with that hair standing on the back of your neck feeling knowing you gotta win that first game to even get to state. Also  according to pretty good sources  UCA didn't have a problem with the game being played there yesterday. Hectors first trip to state was a gift. Good luck to ya the teams from the south will take care of ya when you get there. That's if the school under fiscal distress can afford the fuel and motel rooms to get them there....

HorseFeathers

Quote from: dbld71 on May 13, 2014, 07:52:37 pm
First off congrats on the coin flip. I guess really what I was getting to is everyone should go to regional with that hair standing on the back of your neck feeling knowing you gotta win that first game to even get to state. Also  according to pretty good sources  UCA didn't have a problem with the game being played there yesterday. Hectors first trip to state was a gift. Good luck to ya the teams from the south will take care of ya when you get there. That's if the school under fiscal distress can afford the fuel and motel rooms to get them there....

I thought they should have tried to get the game in yesterday to. I personally don't know why they didn't. To be honest I haven't watched a game this year, read all the newspaper articles and all the stuff posted on facebook about them....Wouldn't be suprised if we get ousted first round, not a shot at the accomplishments these girls have this year...just the pessimist in me :D

And for the record, completely agree with you about the regional situation. But that was Beyond Hector's control, when 3 teams from the other region drop out and the other 2 teams that could have filled the 4 seed spot decide against participating there's nothing you can do about it..

Straightup

Great point! I think they are 20-3 on the season, won em all on coin tosses. Heard they were going to forfeit their first game at state because there were teams from the south that were going to be there. lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Straightup on May 13, 2014, 09:28:47 pm
Great point! I think they are 20-3 on the season, won em all on coin tosses. Heard they were going to forfeit their first game at state because there were teams from the south that were going to be there. lol

I've got 'em at 21-2, but anyway....Na...it's the 2nd round game Hector is going to forfeit...We play Palestine-Wheatley in the first round

dbld71

I think you will make till semi game. All kidding aside Hector is a good team but very young. Couple years away from going all the way. Sorry i poked at ya there but the regional deal really is a thorn in my side and should be to everyone in 2a. Best of luck i will be there. I plan on watching your second game..

wiseguy

Quote from: dbld71 on May 13, 2014, 07:52:37 pm
By your comments, Hector must have beaten your team 8)

dbld71

No i don't have a dog in the 2a fight. I do however try to catch 4 or 5 games a week. My comments hit the nerve i was after. I was gonna make the 2a tourney but I decided to go to the 1a.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas