• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pea Ridge

Started by BigGuy22, March 13, 2018, 01:07:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigGuy22

Pea Ridge is surely the favorite for State this year. Any opinions on who can beat them?

beach bum

Buwah?? Haven't we heard this before??

SUGARTOWN

Pea Ridge never has been and never will be a favorite for "State".

cuckoobird

Dear lord, not again

bigchief72455

Do you just want my top 10 or the entire list?

Redlinebacker32

Not after losing that talented and experience senior class they're not. Wouldn't have them top 10, but just outside.

Gray lizard

I bought into that last year.  I would give about a 80% chance the State goes to the 7 or 8.

Mulerider4Life

Warren, Arkadephia, Nashville?

cuckoobird

polksalet

Arky/Nashville/Warren

Everyone else is Stuggart and Waldron

Redlinebacker32

Gotta give Waldron and Ricky May credit man. Still an uphill climb to where they want to be, but they're not satisfied. I hope they continue to find success one win at a time.

scrapman

Quote from: polksalet on March 16, 2018, 07:30:32 pm
Arky/Nashville/Warren

Everyone else is Stuggart and Waldron

Not sure if Nashville will be in the mix. Still very young. I hope so but can't say we will be in the mix.

SOUTHWESTPOWER49

Quote from: scrapman on March 16, 2018, 08:54:05 pm
Not sure if Nashville will be in the mix. Still very young. I hope so but can't say we will be in the mix.
With them starting as many sophomores and juniors as they did last year I can tell that the talent is there. The question is, will they mature? See y'all in September...

scrapman

Quote from: SOUTHWESTPOWER49 on March 16, 2018, 09:10:45 pm
With them starting as many sophomores and juniors as they did last year I can tell that the talent is there. The question is, will they mature? See y'all in September...
Yeah. Did play some young ones but lost every skill player on offense. All 4 starting wr, qb, and rb were seniors. On defense, only 4 starters return I believe.

bilboswaggins

Quote from: scrapman on March 17, 2018, 11:37:43 pm
Yeah. Did play some young ones but lost every skill player on offense. All 4 starting wr, qb, and rb were seniors. On defense, only 4 starters return I believe.
Only 4 starters returning? Try 40! Nothing stops the Ridge!

4real

Except for maybe a Booneville, Warren, or Nashville... lol

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: 4real on March 18, 2018, 12:52:35 pm
Except for maybe a Booneville, Warren, or Nashville... lol
Booneville going to take 3A and 4A trophy?

Made

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on March 18, 2018, 10:52:27 pm
Booneville is beast

4real

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on March 18, 2018, 10:52:27 pm
lol you caught me there!

Burks

1 Warren - would have won State last season if student didn't get them penalized.
2. Robinson- source close to program told me that 2018 Senators may be best team in school history.
3. Arkadelphia- State Champs return a lot plus top RB
4. Nashville - Tradition
5. Prairie Grove
6. Pea Ridge

beach bum

Quote from: Burks on March 24, 2018, 02:31:43 pm
1 Warren - would have won State last season if student didn't get them penalized.
2. Robinson- source close to program told me that 2018 Senators may be best team in school history.
4. Nashville - Tradition
5. Prairie Grove
6. Pea Ridge

Oh really....  ::)

Burks

Jsmith48

Quote from: Burks on March 24, 2018, 02:31:43 pm
4. Nashville - Tradition
5. Prairie Grove
6. Pea Ridge
Or if they didn't have so many penalties, or if they didn't have two turnovers, or if they could cover the long ball, or if they didn't rely on two or three players to carry the team, etc...

beach bum

March 24, 2018, 06:43:36 pm #23 Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 06:48:41 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Jsmith48 on March 24, 2018, 06:38:18 pm
Or if they didn't have so many penalties, or if they didn't have two turnovers, or if they could cover the long ball, or if they didn't rely on two or three players to carry the team, etc...

The sad part is I don't remember one Warren poster after the game playing the blame game.... They actually all handled it really well right after the game on the boards here and were all really classy about Arkadelphia winning the title even in the hectic fashion. Sad that someone has to get on here months after the fact to stir up the pot and diminish 50 kids or so from Arkadelphia's title. Same goes for Warren... great program and they'll be back there next year again with the Jacks having as good of a chance as anyone at the title.  They'll have a good chance to redeem the title loss. Arkadelphia and Robinson will be stout too again.

Jsmith48

March 24, 2018, 06:47:26 pm #24 Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 06:51:21 pm by Jsmith48
Beach bum are you referring to me or Burks? I agree with you about the Warren fans, they've been great. My point is that kind of statement is unreasonable because you don't know how it would have played out.

beach bum

Quote from: Jsmith48 on March 24, 2018, 06:47:26 pm
Beach bum are you referring to me or Burks? I agree with you about the Warren fans, they've been great.

I was agreeing with you. I was kinda joking with you about it all.

Burks

I'm not a Warren supporter,  If the incident hadn't happened I think Warren would have kicked the winning field goal. The Jacks I believe was penalized for it. No disrespect to Arkadelphia.

cuckoobird

They wouldn't have had enough time to kick a field goal. Hembree didn't have the kicking team on the field and time was running out. Actually the penalty gave warren a second chance

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 26, 2018, 06:26:16 am
They wouldn't have had enough time to kick a field goal. Hembree didn't have the kicking team on the field and time was running out. Actually the penalty gave warren a second chance

When Cuckoobird has to be the voice of reason  ;D

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: beach bum on March 26, 2018, 02:23:59 pm
When Cuckoobird has to be the voice of reason  ;D
Bazinga

STUNNA

Arkadelphia should be the favorite next season with Warren right behind.

STUNNA

And not that it matters but most teams at this level rely on 2 or 3 guys lol.. all of the Warren kids deserve credit not just one or two.

SUGARTOWN

March 27, 2018, 10:33:14 am #32 Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 10:45:11 am by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: STUNNA on March 27, 2018, 10:04:09 am
And not that it matters but most teams at this level rely on 2 or 3 guys lol.. all of the Warren kids deserve credit not just one or two.

So, you're saying Warren didn't rely on one or two players last year?

STUNNA

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 27, 2018, 10:33:14 am
So, you're saying Warren didn't rely on one or two players last year?

They had 2 very good players. That wouldn't have gotten anywhere without the help of the other 9 on the field. Just like Arkadelphias 2 best players wouldn't have been what they were without the other 9 on the field. Just because the State can't stop someone doesn't mean the team doesn't have anyone else.. lol

SUGARTOWN

Yeah, but the other 10 wouldn't have gotten where they did without the one.

STUNNA

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 27, 2018, 12:11:29 pm
Yeah, but the other 10 wouldn't have gotten where they did without the one.

Just because he torched Arkadelphia doesn't mean they didn't have other capable players is what I'm getting at. Everyone thinks Arkadelphia was an 11 man team and Warren was a one man team... no Arkadelphia just didn't have an answer for Burks is what it was. And that's not a knock at all of Arkadelphia.

cuckoobird

Uhm they must have had an answer, warren didn't win

STUNNA

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 27, 2018, 02:15:49 pm
Uhm they must have had an answer, warren didn't win

Well if you didn't know by what others say 1 will never beat 11... smh

cuckoobird

Honestly I don't expect warren to play on thanksgiving weekend this year with the losses on the line

Coltfan2005

May be overlooking Rivercrest.

SUGARTOWN

BigGuy22

I just started this thread to stir up some pots and it worked! Lol, but in my complete honest opinion. I think Pea Ridge will be done in the first or second round. Depending on their draws maybe even 3rd round if they get REALLY lucky draws. They will have a really stout defense, returning 9 starting defensive players. But their offense could possibly be one of the worse in the state unless Coach Neal and Alexander over at Pea Ridge can get them up and going. If somehow the Ridge offense can be at least decent and get about 20+ points per game, Pea Ridge will win their conference and make it to the second round. The defense will be pretty beastly and I think will hold most teams to under 14 points

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: cuckoobird on March 27, 2018, 04:47:45 pm
Honestly I don't expect warren to play on thanksgiving weekend this year with the losses on the line
Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby! That'll mean I have to spend Thanksgiving with my in-laws...

beach bum

March 28, 2018, 08:24:28 am #43 Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 08:27:21 am by beach bum
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on March 27, 2018, 06:22:18 pm
May be overlooking Rivercrest.

Rivercrest is going to get pummeled by the 4A juggernauts... You may run through the weak 3-4A but that won't mean much outside of maybe ending up a top 5-10 type team by the end of the year in 4A overall. Good luck beating Warren, Robinson, Arky

bigchief72455

Quote from: beach bum on March 28, 2018, 08:24:28 am
Rivercrest is going to get pummeled by the 4A juggernauts... You may run through the weak 3-4A but that won't mean much outside of maybe ending up a top 5-10 type team by the end of the year in 4A overall. Good luck beating Warren, Robinson, Arky
I don't think they are going to run through the 3-4A that easily.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: bigchief72455 on March 28, 2018, 01:05:36 pm
I don't think they are going to run through the 3-4A that easily.

Let's get real. The 3-4A last season was a bad joke. Three teams with winning records and that is only because of their weak conf wins. Your conf winner lost to three teams from the 3-3A last year.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: beach bum on March 28, 2018, 08:24:28 am

Top 5 team in 4A, sounds good. As far as last year's 4A, there maybe three teams that could have beat the Colts. Your mighty 4A is pretty weak when you get past the top 5 teams.

cuckoobird

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on March 28, 2018, 06:53:37 pm
Top 5 team in 4A, sounds good. As far as last year's 4A, there maybe three teams that could have beat the Colts. Your mighty 4A is pretty weak when you get past the top 5 teams.

You lost to Newport last year and they had not been a factor in 4A in a long time. I wouldn't be talking to much smack.  :D

nastynice

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on March 28, 2018, 06:53:37 pm

Lol. You just described 3a not 4a. Just about every year 4a is the most competitive league in AR. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas