• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A

Started by rerehcsk, November 14, 2010, 11:28:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DerekOxford

GLion,

Thanks for posting these. For some odd reason I could never find the standings.

On the girls side, Shiloh and Prairie Grove both have great shots at the 4A Title--I haven't seen Shiloh play but I've watched PG twice and they're tough to beat with their full-court press and trapping style, and especially if they're on shooting the ball.

On the boys side, I think any of the top half could make a run at winning the the 4A North Regional and also the state title. I thought Farmington would be down a little after losing a dynamic senior class, but they're right where they need to be. Prairie Grove is a solid club as well, great teamwork and fundamentally sound. Pea Ridge is aggressive and remind me a lot of last year's Huntsville team. I haven't gotten to see Shiloh play, but I bet they're a solid club as well.

Should be a fun next couple of weeks. Ready for March Madness!

Nip/Tusk

yes glion, thanks for the updates.  I noticed that several teams still have multiple conf games to make up before district tourn starts next week.  wonder how all of that will work out with this weather?  crazy.  does anyone know who pea ridge and Shiloh have left on their schedule?  pg still needs to play farm, gentry and pea ridge for their final conf games. 
Derek, I have also been impressed with the teams you have mentioned when I have seen them this year.  I do think farm is in a league of their own in boys this year.  I am surprised at this as well just because of what they had to replace after last year.  on the girls side, I agree pg and Shiloh are in their own class, but I really think pg has the better team from what I've seen, even tho they split their meetings. 

GLion Alum

Today's Morning News reported that there's talk the start of next week's district tournament at Pea Ridge will be pushed back from Tuesday to Wednesday to allow more make-up games to be played.  If the predicted warm-up happens, I predict there'll be a lot of tired basketball players by the end of next week. 

pea ridge23

itl will be a fun week for us bbal players!

Nip/Tusk

Quote from: pea ridge23 on February 10, 2011, 11:49:33 am
itl will be a fun week for us bbal players!
pea ridge 23, who do you guys still have to play in conf?  I think game with pg is scheduled for sat?  but who else do y'all need to play? 

glion, I am hoping that for all schools concerned that the tournament will be pushed back.  it would be a shame for seeds at district to be determined by some teams not getting to complete all of their conference games.  it will make for a hectic district tournament but would be a more fair way for everyone involved.   

pea ridge23

well tomorrow is friday and ozark is suppose to play us at home but i think it will be cancelled and we were supposed to play shiloh at shiloh tonight but im pretty sure this is how it goes for us now!.... Saturday-Prairie Grove @ Pea Ridge, Monday- Pea Ridge @ Shiloh, Tuesday- Ozark @ Pea ridge, and then we are done and all our games are made up!

Nip/Tusk

pg is supposed to play at farm tomorrow.  but not sure if they'll be able to play or not.  then at pr Saturday and home against gentry Monday night.  pg needs to hold on to that 2 seed to get the automatic bid to regionals.  anyone know who Shiloh has left (other than pr).  also, anyone have any insight as to who the all-state players from this conf might be?  I know it hasn't been decided yet, but who are some top candidates?  my list would prob include pirdy from farm, huber from pg, Thompson from pr, Matthews from Shiloh.     

Capn. Hook

The PG @ Farmington game is going to happen tomorrow

G-Town38

Not that it really matters for the upper half of the conference, but Gravette will play @ $hiloh on Saturday and Ozark will come to Gravette on Monday. That will complete the schedule for Gravette. Then it will be time for the 1st round of the district tournament.

Nip/Tusk

pg girls had to come from behind to win at farm tonight.  pg trailed by 1 at halftime but came back in the 2nd half to win 49-39   
with the win pg girls improve to 11-1 in conf and have pr and gentry left before districts.

boys game next.  #1 vs #2 in conf.  farm won first meeting by 14.   

Nip/Tusk

PG boys lead at Farm 23-21.  Halftime. 

Nip/Tusk

farm comes from behind to beat pg 47-40.

DerekOxford

Quote from: ksut/pin on February 11, 2011, 08:06:24 pm

Anyone got a recap?

Nip/Tusk

Quote from: DerekOxford on February 11, 2011, 11:52:30 pm
Quote from: ksut/pin on February 11, 2011, 08:06:24 pm

Anyone got a recap?

I dont have any stats for the game but can give you some info.
score by qtrs.
pg      14    9      8    9     = 40
farm   10   11   14   12    = 47
not sure how that will look, I posted from my phone.
as far as the game, neither team played great in my opinion.  there were a lot of missed free throws by both teams.  to me, the difference seemed to be when huber from pg got into foul trouble and had to sit for awhile.  that same thing happened in the first meeting.  the pg from pg didn't play as well as he usually does.  not sure how many points he had, but pg seemed to keep pirdy in check.  he didn't dominate like he did the first game.

Derek, do you have any scores from the conf from last nite?

DerekOxford

ksut/pin,

I don't think anyone else played. I was surprised they even played PG/Farm.

I do think there are some games slated for today, Monday and Tuesday.

Then the plan is for district to start on Wednesday, if I'm correct.

Nip/Tusk

pg boys won at pea ridge tonight by about 10.  pg I think is now 20-7 (10-3) in conf and i think with a win at home over gentry Monday will clinch the 2 seed and a bye into regionals.  I also think if Shiloh beats pr, pg would be the 2 seed regardless of the game with the gentry, but I could be wrong about that. 
anyone else have results from tonight? 

skeeb

PR has 5 losses now, shiloh 4 and pg 3 with 1 to play apiece. If PR beats shiloh pg is the 2 regardless. If pg beats gentry we are the 2 regardless. If we lose to gentry and shiloh wins, shiloh will be 2 and pg 3.

Nip/Tusk

thanks for clarifying skeeb.  u should just go ahead and beat gentry to get it over with.  but I think pea ridge will prob beat Shiloh anyway.  they beat them by like 20 or so the first game.  what do u think?  it will be good to see pg back in the regional tournament! 

skeeb

Quote from: ksut/pin on February 12, 2011, 09:33:29 pm
thanks for clarifying skeeb.  u should just go ahead and beat gentry to get it over with.  but I think pea ridge will prob beat Shiloh anyway.  they beat them by like 20 or so the first game.  what do u think?  it will be good to see pg back in the regional tournament!
you know....it would be nice. i am glad our destiny is in our hands, but gentry is a solid club. we better show up monday night and play our game. as far as the pr vs. shiloh game monday...i wouldnt want to play the ridge right after a home loss. i really feel they will show up focused and ready to play. but shiloh is still in the hunt for the 2 seed, so they have a little motivation. dont think it wil be 20, but pr should still be the favorite in my opinion.

Nip/Tusk

February 13, 2011, 08:47:23 am #169 Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 03:20:45 pm by ksut/pin
I don't know if all of this is correct.  please let me know if there needs to be any changes.
boys -
1.  farm 14-0 (23-4) * clinched 1 seed
2.  pg 10-3 (20-7) * clinch 2 seed with win over gentry or Shiloh loss to pr
3.  sc 8-4 (12-11) * clinch 2 seed with win over pr AND pg loss to gentry
4.  pr 7-5 (17-8) * clinch 3 seed with win over Shiloh
5.  gentry 5-8 (9-16) * not sure about seeding
6.  gravette 3-8 (7-16) * not sure about seeding
7.  ozark 2-9 (4-21) * not sure about seeding
8.  berry 0-11 (2-21) * not sure about seeding

as of now, dist tourn would look like this -
gentry vs berryville
gravette vs ozark

pea ridge vs winner of gentry-berryville
Shiloh vs winner of gravette-ozark

skeeb

Quote from: ksut/pin on February 13, 2011, 08:47:23 am
I don't know if all of this is correct.  please let me know if there needs to be any changes.
boys -
5.  gentry 4-8 (8-16) * not sure about seeding
8.  berry 0-10 (2-20) * not sure about seeding

gentry vs berryville
gravette vs ozark

Do berryville , ozark and gravette still have 3-4 make up games to get in? or are they forfitting a few?

Nip/Tusk

Quote from: skeeb on February 13, 2011, 09:02:47 am
Quote from: ksut/pin on February 13, 2011, 08:47:23 am
boys -
5.  gentry 4-8 (8-16) * not sure about seeding
8.  berry 0-10 (2-20) * not sure about seeding

gentry vs berryville
gravette vs ozark

Do berryville , ozark and gravette still have 3-4 make up games to get in? or are they forfitting a few?

I'm not sure skeeb.  I can't find anyone out there from those schools to give us any updates.  if anyone knows, please help! 

Nip/Tusk

today's ark dem gaz did have a score from last night.  gentry won at berryville 53-37.  I changed both teams records in my other post.  I don't think it changed anything with seeding.

Nip/Tusk

February 13, 2011, 05:05:07 pm #173 Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:15:34 pm by ksut/pin
I'm going to put standings in a later post

skeeb

skeeb

Just went back and read this entire thread. It just goes to prove that we dont know as much as we think we do. Early forcasts had Farmington down this year,  but wound up undeafeated and conference champs. PG was mediocre, then awesome, then terrible, then a state contender and has a shot at the 2 seed tonight. PR was going to win the confrence hands down...although they are still very talented, will finish with atleast 5 losses. Ozark will contend and no way will finish in the bottom half. Im the worlds worst at fortelling the future and am generally a homer...but at atleast im not alone.

Nip/Tusk

interesting points skeeb.  I did not officially make any preseason predictions, but I also thought pea ridge would be the team to beat.  farm has been the real surprise for me.  I have definitely been impressed with pg this year.  I thot they'd have a chance to be good and it seems they've really put it together.  Shiloh has also had a better season than what I thot they would have.  I really thot ozark would be better than what they are.  berryville is way worse than I figured they would be, but they are young.  it's been fun so far and i'm looking forward to postseason play. 
btw, I did update a few teams records that I managed to find somehow. 

skeeb

Pg beats gentry tonight to secure 2 seed. 64-33

Nip/Tusk

February 14, 2011, 08:10:21 pm #178 Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 10:26:47 am by ksut/pin
congrats to the pg tigers.  I'm assuming the pg girls won too?  also, pr boys beat Shiloh.  not sure the score tho.  I will go ahead and put pg girls and Shiloh girls down as wins until I hear otherwise.  if anyone else has any scores from tonite le us know.
here are the UNOFICCIAL seeds for the district tournament.

boys
1. farmington *clinched
2. prairie grove *clinched
3. pea ridge *clinched
4. shiloh *clinched
5. gentry
6. gravette
7. ozark
8. berryville

girls
1. prairie grove *clinched
2. shiloh *clinched
3. farmington *clinched
4. gentry *clinched
5. ozark
6. gravette
7. pea ridge *clinched
8. berryville * clinched

if anyone can help fill in the ?'s i will make the changes.  I do know that the tournament is scheduled to start tomorrow.     

just4fun

Quote from: ksut/pin on February 14, 2011, 08:10:21 pm
congrats to the pg tigers.  I'm assuming the pg girls won too?  also, pr boys beat Shiloh.  not sure the score tho.  I will go ahead and put pg girls and Shiloh girls down as wins until I hear otherwise.  if anyone else has any scores from tonite le us know.

boys
1. farmington *clinched
3. pea ridge *clinched
4. shiloh *clinched
5. gentry ?
6. ozark ?
7. gravette ?
8. berryville ?

girls
2. shiloh *clinched
3. farmington *clinched
4. gentry *clinched
5. gravette ?
6. ozark ?
7. pea ridge *clinched
8. berryville * clinched

if anyone can help fill in the ?'s i will make the changes.  I do know that the tournament is scheduled to start tomorrow.   

Gravette boys beat Ozark last night, Ozark girls beat Gravette

replacementplaya

Quote from: just4fun on February 15, 2011, 08:42:28 am
Quote from: ksut/pin on February 14, 2011, 08:10:21 pm

boys
1. farmington *clinched
3. pea ridge *clinched
4. shiloh *clinched
5. gentry ?
6. ozark ?
7. gravette ?
8. berryville ?

girls
2. shiloh *clinched
3. farmington *clinched
4. gentry *clinched
5. gravette ?
6. ozark ?
7. pea ridge *clinched
8. berryville * clinched

Gravette boys beat Ozark last night, Ozark girls beat Gravette
I think Gravette and Ozark are switched on both boys and girls brackets, I know for sure they are in boys.  Not that it matters, they are playing each other no matter who is 6 and who is 7.  Gentry plays Berryville, and the winner plays Shiloh.  Gravette and Ozark play, the winner plays Pea Ridge

Nip/Tusk

thanks for the corrections guys.  I corrected them.  I will try to post the dist tourn schedule if I can get it. 

GLion Alum

February 15, 2011, 10:56:51 am #182 Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 06:48:55 am by GLion Alum
According to today's Benton County Daily Record, the tournament schedule:

Today
Game 1, Girls, 4 p.m.--Berryville (8 seed) vs. Ozark (5)
Game 2, Boys, 5:30 p.m.--Berryville (8 seed) vs. Gentry (5)
Game 3, Girls, 7 p.m.--Pea Ridge (7) vs. Gravette (6)
Game 4, Boys, 8:30 p.m.--Ozark (7) vs. Gravette (6)

Wednesday
Game 5, Girls, 4 p.m.--Winner of Game 3 vs. Farmington (3)
Game 6, Boys, 5:30 p.m.--Winner of Game 4 vs. Pea Ridge (3)
Game 7, Girls, 7 p.m.--Winner of Game 1 vs. Gentry (4)
Game 8, Boys, 8:30 p.m.--Winner of Game 2 vs. Shiloh Christian (4)

Friday
Game 9, Girls, 4 p.m.--Winner of Game 7 vs. Prairie Grove (1)
Game 10, Boys, 5:30 p.m.--Winner of Game 8 vs. Farmington (1)
Game 11, Girls, 7 p.m.--Winner of Game 5 vs. Shiloh Christian (2)
Game 12, Boys, 8:30 p.m.--Winner of Game 6 vs. Prairie Grove (2)

Saturday

Game 13, Girls, 6 p.m.--Winner of Game 9 vs. Winner of Game 11
Game 14, Boys, 7:30 p.m.--Winner of Game 10 vs. Winner of Game 12

Scores reported from Tuesday night:
Shiloh Christian 55, Pea Ridge 20 (girls)
Pea Ridge 69, Shiloh Christian 60 (boys)
Prairie Grove 49, Gentry 31 (girls)
Prairie Grove 62, Gentry 33 (boys)
Ozark 48, Gravette 47 (girls)

Nip/Tusk

thanks glion.  I started a new thread for the district tournament.  however, I didn't think any games were being played Thursday night.  maybe I'm wrong tho. 

SouthpawSensation

What he has listed for Thursday's games will actually be played Wednesday. Day off on Thursday.

Coach

Gravette Boys beat Ozark tonight..... 2 nights, and two buzzer beaters by Gravette. Must have been exciting.

GLion Alum

Tuesday scores:

Girls--Gravette 55, Pea Ridge 22
         Ozark 57, Berryville 50

Boys--Gravette 44, Ozark 42
          Gentry 54, Berryville 41

Today's games:

4:00  Gravette vs. Farmington--Girls
5:30  Gravette vs. Pea Ridge--Boys
7:00  Ozark vs. Gentry--Girls
8:30  Gentry vs. Shiloh Christian--Boys

Thanks for catching the mistake I made re the days in the my earlier post.  It's been said before that I don't know what day of the week it is, but, with your help, maybe I'll learn.  ;D  Anyway, I've corrected my previous post.

GLion Alum

Wednesday games:

Gravette 49, Farmington 40 (girls)
Pea Ridge 67, Gravette 39 (boys)
Gentry 39, Ozark 34 (girls)
Shiloh Christian 70, Gentry 45 (boys)

Going to regionals from the 1-4A:  Boys--Farmington, Prairie Grove, Shiloh Christian and Pea Ridge.  Girls--Prairie Grove, Shiloh Christian, Gentry and Gravette. 

Only surprise--No. 6 seed Gravette Lady Lions upset no. 3 seed Farmington Lady Cardinals.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas