• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UPDATED TOP TEN

Started by BigMan15, December 07, 2016, 11:23:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMan15

Currently also accounting for Football Players
1. Charleston
2. Manila
3. ECS
4. Osceloa
5. Lamar
6. Jesseville
7. Harding
8. Riverside
9. Paris
10. Marshall

smallybells

You do realize both Jessieville and Lamar have lost to Perryville in the last week or 2 right? Not saying they are anywhere close to being a factor, it just raised some red flags.

BigMan15

its still early in the year but i am curious about perryville because of how bad they were last year

smallybells

I haven't seen them in person yet but have scrounged a few video clips up on the web. Their guard play is much improved and they have a exchange student from France who appears to have a heck of a handle. I think their biggest problem is going to be their backcourt.

NeaBaller21

Why is Manila still getting ranked so high?

Longfellow

Perryville is a solid team. I don't think they'll be top 10 by year end though. They'll be a team that's in every game, but just won't be able to get over the hump. It was hard to get a read on them when we played them, we played really bad that night

Jimbo Morphis

Mcgehee has beaten 4a Hamburg 71-45 and 4a Crossett 75-54

yellowjackethooper

Top 10 RIGHT NOW:
1. ECS
2. Osceola
3. Riverside
4. Lamar
5. Charleston
6. Manila
7. Jessieville
8. Harding Academy
9. Paris
10. Perrryville

thabeast428

Don't worry oldman let them forget about the teams down here lol they will get a surprise come regionals and state

OB11

A few games into the season and Riverside has been very impressive and Osceola seems to be very good.  Think Manila still has something to prove to be a top 10 team.  They did give Osceola all they wanted so maybe they are coming on.  Still very early and a lot of basketball to be played. 

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: BigMan15 on December 07, 2016, 11:35:35 am
its still early in the year but i am curious about perryville because of how bad they were last year

They have a foreign exchange student from France  that hit I think 10 3s on us,  bro Im a huge Have of Fenner but he may have more range then him,   unless he was just having a magical night! No doubt we blew a HUGE lead late not the best game management,  but you for sure cant sleep on them!

RTF

I like yellowjackethooper's rankings.

Radiotalker

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on December 07, 2016, 11:58:48 am
Why is Manila still getting ranked so high?

He's a Manila hugger......always has

BigShow

Quote from: BigMan15 on December 07, 2016, 11:35:35 am
Perryville was a much better team than their record showed last season in my opinion. The games I watched they started 5 sophomores

bobcats

Quote from: Longfellow on December 07, 2016, 12:20:55 pm
Perryville is a solid team. I don't think they'll be top 10 by year end though. They'll be a team that's in every game, but just won't be able to get over the hump. It was hard to get a read on them when we played them, we played really bad that night

It will all shake out in a few weeks.  Perryville has Clinton and Paris in the next week.  They are both quality teams.

bobcats

I think it is almost impossible to have a top ten right now.  Maybe a top 5 but past Charleston, Osceola, ECS, Lamar and Mailia who I believe have the best talent you probably have another 10 teams who are capable of beating or losing to anyone on any given night.

BigMan15

I agree with that but it does create some convo

bball14

Lamar has lost to Perryville, and Dardanelle in conference already to start out conference play 0-2. Clinton beat Dardanelle Tuesday night, so that shows you how good Dardanelle is. In my opinion they are not a top 3a team. They were way overrated.

BigMan15

Did the Perryville and Dardy game count as conference?

bball14

BigMan15

ouch!!! I see your point then! We need people to keep up with conference records

Hitman Warrior23

In all fairness Dardenelle was a TERRIBLE game in Perryville I have no excuses they had a HOT PLAYER that noone expected. They never went away Hit some huge shots down the stretch that we didnt and they won, plain and simple. I feel we win 9 out of 10 times, but they pulled it out!

BigMan15

Yes but Lamar now has to play from behind to start the year in a conference that includes Jesseville, Paris, Perryville, Dardy, and who knows who can get hot.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: BigMan15 on December 08, 2016, 01:09:54 pm
Yes but Lamar now has to play from behind to start the year in a conference that includes Jesseville, Paris, Perryville, Dardy, and who knows who can get hot.

Oh no doubt, 0 and 2 is not what anyone wants to start a season,  but they can pull it together. Problem is both losses were at home! Perryville is a hard place to WIN.

Head Lion

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 07, 2016, 05:05:38 pm
without injuries, he knows we will have our whole team at the end of year. Noles are known to lose players because of bad decisions of the court.✌🏿️

bball14

Anyone know how good Clinton is? I know they play Perryville tomorrow and beat Dardanelle tuesday.

BigMan15

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on December 08, 2016, 01:17:03 pm
Oh no doubt, 0 and 2 is not what anyone wants to start a season,  but they can pull it together. Problem is both losses were at home! Perryville is a hard place to WIN.
I think Jesseville matches up real well with Lamar as does Paris this whole conference will be fun to keep up with.

teachers pet

I agree, I've seen Jessieville play twice, bigger lineup than last year, 3 over 6'4" and 4 of 5 can drain the threes.

Hitman Warrior23

December 08, 2016, 02:06:05 pm #28 Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 02:08:31 pm by Hitman Warrior23
Quote from: BigMan15 on December 08, 2016, 01:47:01 pm
I think Jesseville matches up real well with Lamar as does Paris this whole conference will be fun to keep up with.

Paris isnt a conference game for us wonder why

bobcats

Quote from: bball14 on December 08, 2016, 12:07:30 pm
Lamar has lost to Perryville, and Dardanelle in conference already to start out conference play 0-2. Clinton beat Dardanelle Tuesday night, so that shows you how good Dardanelle is. In my opinion they are not a top 3a team. They were way overrated.

I haven't seen them play, just was buying all the hype on this board of the new players.  I very well could be wrong.  Don't discount Clinton, they are a solid team. 

bobcats

Quote from: teachers pet on December 08, 2016, 02:03:32 pm
I agree, I've seen Jessieville play twice, bigger lineup than last year, 3 over 6'4" and 4 of 5 can drain the threes.

Jville will be very good if they throw it in to Benson and not fall in love with the three.  Not many teams can match up with him.  Teams will then have to double him and he can kick it out for open threes.

bball14

Jessieville and Paris aren't in the same conference as Lamar. A teams conference opponents and district opponents are different this year.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: bball14 on December 08, 2016, 02:21:31 pm
Jessieville and Paris aren't in the same conference as Lamar. A teams conference opponents and district opponents are different this year.

Yes what I thought but looking at Maxpreps it says they are .

beach bum

Lamar get their pre ordered rings in yet?

teachers pet

December 08, 2016, 03:05:36 pm #34 Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 03:34:33 pm by teachers pet
Yes,Jessieville is in the same district tournament time, they just don't play each other during the season in the combined conference schedule.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Head Lion on December 08, 2016, 01:44:18 pm
without injuries, he knows we will have our whole team at the end of year. Noles are known to lose players because of bad decisions of the court.✌🏿️
Gotta watch those judges and juries. They keep on making bad decisions. LOL!

BigMan15

Quote from: teachers pet on December 08, 2016, 03:05:36 pm
Yes,Jessieville is in the same district tournament time, they just don't play each other during the season in the combined conference schedule.
Yes thats what I was saying that they all play in the same district tournament! Scary thing is that Charleston should win theirs. Whos getting 4th in yalls? Could be Jesseville, Lamar, Paris or Perryville!!! Someones going home early

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Oldman on December 07, 2016, 12:57:00 pm
Mcgehee has beaten 4a Hamburg 71-45 and 4a Crossett 75-54
Mcgehee 80 Smackover 63

Radiotalker

Looks like the Owls are the "top dog" in the south.

teachers pet

Hard to say, they're a combined 24-7 now, will be better prepared to guess after the holidays. Tough district!

thabeast428

Mcgehee will be in Jc tonight playing so should be some good 🏀

BigMan15

thabeast428

Will do, just hope we can keep up with mcgehee lol... nah it should be good games especially girls game, Jc boys are really quick on D but no big time scorer

neds

Episcopal defeats Hall at Hall in Jammin for Jackets 55-51

Lrbasketballguru

Quote from: neds on December 09, 2016, 05:33:53 pm
Episcopal defeats Hall at Hall in Jammin for Jackets 55-51

Great rebound from a horrible night against fair, but still only lost by 11. ECS will go to head to head with Charleston which should even things out. Also, Osceola played Fair within two and beat Episcopal last year, so they are obviously capable of high caliber basketball. My top three teams right now.

bootlegger

osceola plays at rivercrest tonight.gym was sold out and closed gym before 5 oclock turning away fans

thabeast428

Jc girls beat mcgehee 58-37. To move to 3-0

ISU7

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 07, 2016, 05:05:38 pm
Seems to be an annual thing Right Radio. Lol

ISU7

Quote from: bootlegger on December 09, 2016, 05:56:07 pm
osceola plays at rivercrest tonight.gym was sold out and closed gym before 5 oclock turning away fans
Did that include the 17 fans the Noles have a football games besides the band and the cheerleaders.😷😎

ISU7

Quote from: BigMan15 on December 07, 2016, 11:23:53 am
Currently also accounting for Football Players
1. Charleston
2. Manila
3. ECS
4. Osceloa
5. Lamar
6. Jesseville
7. Harding
8. Riverside
9. Paris
10. Marshall
Didn't Manila lose to Osceola and Riverside.That'll be like putting Florida and Arkansas ahead of Alabama in the college football polls. Smh.   Osceola is still without two of their starters who will be back with the team soon.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas