• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Attention 7A Soccer Fans / post scores here

Started by sevenof400, February 22, 2011, 10:42:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LRfan

Varsity Girls 4/12/11 Conf Game

Mount St Mary 0 Russellville 2

softred

Wow. Attended the Russellville vs Catholic game tonight. Good game. But Russellville coach was a jerk. First half he yelled the word "hacked" in an instruction to his team and in the second half accused the Catholic keeper of having "a corn cob up his butt".
On a better note, hats off to both teams for an enjoyable game. Too bad that a player on both teams got a yellow card for arguing with the ref because it appeared to me that the players had a good point.

sevenof400

Attention 7A Central fans:

I believe I have the entire schedule now in the 7A standings thread.  As games are sometimes mutually rescheduled, please let me know of any schedule changes and/or errors.

Thanks.

LRfan

sevenof400, there was a schedule change. Last night, 4/12 Catholic played Russellville @Russellville and those team will play @ Catholic on 5/5

Hornet-Hawg

Quote from: LRfan on April 13, 2011, 09:06:08 pm
sevenof400, there was a schedule change. Last night, 4/12 Catholic played Russellville @Russellville and those team will play @ Catholic on 5/5

The same thing happened with Bryant and Russellville.  The first game was at Bryant and the April 28th game is at Russellville.

Cp14

Cabot VB defeat Van Buren 8-1. Mercy rule put in to effect at the start of the second half.

PressBox-81

LRfan

4/14/11 Varsity

Boys
Catholic defeats Central 4-3 in kicks after 0-0 at end of regulation

Girls
Central 1   Mount St. Mary 0

woodpeckerfsm

Do we have scores of Conway-Russ girls and VB-Cabot girls?

trevster10

April 14, 2011, 09:04:31 pm #109 Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 09:23:02 pm by trevster10
Bryant VB over NLR VB 6-0.

Bryant VG over NLR VG 3-1.

Cp14

The Cabot and van buren girls game was called before half as a result of storms. The score was 0-0

woodpeckerfsm

I know the VB coach talked about the possibility of postponing the JV games because of the weather. Must of just missed finished the games.

Hornet-Hawg

Quote from: trevster10 on April 14, 2011, 09:04:31 pmBryant VG were leading NLR VG 3-1 with about 10 minutes to go when I left.

3-1 was the final.

trevster10

Quote from: Hornet-Hawg on April 14, 2011, 09:23:07 pm
Quote from: trevster10 on April 14, 2011, 09:04:31 pmBryant VG were leading NLR VG 3-1 with about 10 minutes to go when I left.

3-1 was the final.

Just got word right before your post. Thanks for the help, though!  :)

trevster10

Quote from: Hotsauce on April 12, 2011, 09:48:39 pm
VB Cabot 1 - Bryant 0

The end of the game got a little rough, ref wasn't very good all night, but Cabot came away with the win on a goal from William Hidalgo with about 12 minutes to play in the game.

Hope the kid from Bryant who got hurt is alright, any word on him?

Has to be on crutches for a while. It looks like it isn't a torn ACL, but nothing is certain yet. He'll be out for awhile. Tough break.

Hotsauce

Quote from: trevster10 on April 14, 2011, 11:10:14 pm
Quote from: Hotsauce on April 12, 2011, 09:48:39 pm
VB Cabot 1 - Bryant 0

The end of the game got a little rough, ref wasn't very good all night, but Cabot came away with the win on a goal from William Hidalgo with about 12 minutes to play in the game.

Hope the kid from Bryant who got hurt is alright, any word on him?

Has to be on crutches for a while. It looks like it isn't a torn ACL, but nothing is certain yet. He'll be out for awhile. Tough break.
I'm sorry to hear that, I hope he recovers quickly and well.

Hotsauce

Quote from: Cp14 on April 14, 2011, 07:23:06 pm
Cabot VB defeat Van Buren 8-1. Mercy rule put in to effect at the start of the second half.
Cabot also sat most of their starters half way through the first half.

trevster10

Central girls win over Bryant 0-0, 4-3 on pks.

Hornet-Hawg

Quote from: trevster10 on April 18, 2011, 07:21:07 pm
Central girls win over Bryant 0-0, 4-3 on pks.

SOG:

Bryant 24 - LR Central 2

Gotta love soccer!

trevster10

Bryant boys win over Central 1-1, 4-3 in PKs.

Futbalaholic

April 19, 2011, 10:38:34 am #120 Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 06:23:41 pm by Futbalaholic
A couple of weeks ago I defended the right of the Conway girls to celebrate their win in PKs over Bryant. After watching the Bryant vs Central game last night I understand why people were put off.
After Central lost in PKs (Central lost, Bryant didn't win. Their one goal was an own goal by a Central defender,and then Central missed 2 of their PKs. One weak shot stop and a ball not on frame) many of the Bryant boys ripped off their shirts and celebrated midfield like they had won the championship and it appeared that several of them taunted the Central keeper(maybe that's why they celebrated, beating what is likely the best keeper in the state).
You were right Trevster. Terrible sportsmanship...a midseason conference game. Like you said, act like you've won a game before!
Bryant players were mouthing all night(from listening in the stands it was apparent that they come by that trait honestly, they've learned well from mom and dad), nearly started more than one fight, and made multiple runs at the Central keeper very intentionally bumping him several times so the end of the game not the only issue with them. Just the most glaringly obvious. Surprising the Bryant coach allows that to go on and even more surprising the center didn't get control. The Bryant boys' were completely classless.

LRfan

4/19/11 Scores

Varsity Girls
Conway 4     Mount St. Mary 0

Varsity Boys
Conway 0      Catholic 0 (Postponed due to weather at 20 minute mark first half)
(Will resume play on 4/20/11)

mygirlplays

Quote from: Futbalaholic on April 19, 2011, 10:38:34 am
A couple of weeks ago I defended the right of the Conway girls to celebrate their win in PKs over Bryant. After watching the Bryant vs Central game last night I understand why people were put off.
After Central lost in PKs (Central lost, Bryant didn't win. Their one goal was an own goal by a Central defender,and then Central missed 2 of their PKs. One weak shot stop and a ball not on frame) many of the Bryant boys ripped off their shirts and celebrated midfield like they had won the championship and it appeared that several of them taunted the Central keeper(maybe that's why they celebrated, beating what is likely the best keeper in the state).
You were right Trevster. Terrible sportsmanship...a midseason conference game. Like you said, act like you've won a game before!
Bryant players were mouthing all night(from listening in the stands it was apparent that they come by that trait honestly, they've learned well from mom and dad), nearly started more than one fight, and made multiple runs at the Central keeper very intentionally bumping him several times so the end of the game not the only issue with them. Just the most glaringly obvious. Surprising the Bryant coach allows that to go on and even more surprising the center didn't get control. The Bryant boys' were completely classless.

soccer33

NLR girls 4 - 1 over VB.
boys game halted due to storm.

Native10

Van Buren boys  2
NLR  0

Game was halted in the second half due to weather--the game is in the books because we made it to the second half

Panama

4/19/11

Cabot VB 0  Russellville  1

1st half foul in the box that was DOGSO which gave Russellville a PK and put Cabot down a man.  Both sides had opportunities that went high or wide. 

VG game called before half due to weather.  Will play that game today.

sevenof400

Panama,

Is Cabot flipping the starting times on selected boys / girls games this year?  If so, could you please let me know and I will try to add some sort of appropriate note to the schedule.

Thanks.

Cp14

Cabot times depend on Jv games. So if the Jv boys play the varsity boys will play the earlier game, and visa versa

PressBox-81

Quote from: Panama on April 20, 2011, 08:52:55 am
4/19/11

1st half foul in the box that was DOGSO which gave Russellville a PK and put Cabot down a man.  Both sides had opportunities that went high or wide. 

Maybe I am clueless today but what does DOGSO stand for?

sevenof400

DOGSO - Denying Obvious Goal Scoring Opportunity

futboliac

Quote from: Cp14 on April 20, 2011, 10:43:38 am
Cabot times depend on Jv games. So if the Jv boys play the varsity boys will play the earlier game, and visa versa

Central does the same. On days that the JVG team plays at 4:00 the VG team has the 515 game and VB team is scheduled at 7 but may start earlier or later depending on the VG game. If VB play at 4 then the VB are at 515 and VG at 7.

eljefe

4/19/11

Cabot and Russellville girls will play today? Who confirmed that?

PressBox-81

Conway and Catholic will resume at 5:00 pm today in Conway.

The clock will be set at 19:26 left in first half with scored tied 0-0.

no admission fee either

futboliac

4/19/11

Of Russellville's 3 wins and 1 loss against the top teams (Catholic, Cabot, and Central) two of the wins were due to fouls in the box leading to their only goal of the game by PK. DOGSO against Cabot and off in the corner of the box but a definite and unnecessary take down against Central. Good team living on the edge of wins and losses!

futboliac

April 20, 2011, 12:16:47 pm #134 Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 02:38:42 pm by futboliac
Quote from: futboliac on April 20, 2011, 11:42:19 am
4/19/11

Of Russellville's 3 wins and 1 loss against the top teams (Catholic, Cabot, and Central) two of the wins were due to fouls in the box leading to their only goal of the game by PK. DOGSO against Cabot and off in the corner of the box but a definite and unnecessary take down against Central. Good team living on the edge of wins and losses!

And on the other side of that is Central. 3 losses all in PK shootouts after ties and you could have a pretty good arguement if you said they've had no goals allowed! Russellville's only goal a PK after a foul for a 1-1 tie, 0-0 tie with Catholic, and an own goal for Bryant's only goal in a 1-1 tie. In all 3 shootouts Central converted only 3 of their 5 PK's. Another very good team who's bounces have been just a little different than Russellville's and standings would be much different if the two teams "switched luck".
A completely different subject but also interesting. Tying into what an earlier poster said about Bryant's over the top celebration and taunting after their Central shootout win, how the different teams reacted. Russellville's team briefly high fived and shook hands with the Central players as parents talked about the good game. Catholic players clapped on winning and they and the Central players talked and showed each other respect on a hard fought game while their parents congratulated each other on a great 80 minutes of soccer. Bryant players ran onto the field tearing off their jerseys and taunted Central's keeper while their parents hooped and hollered and jeered away. Three different programs with three very different expectations, styles, and fans.

LRfan

Interesting observations about the different team reactions after wins. A few days after Catholic beat Central in kicks, I overheard a girl from the Mount Saint Mary team ask a Catholic player if they had won the other night. She said that she walked over to the field at the end of the kicks in the Central-Catholic game after her game had ended and could not tell who had won. She said the opposing players just shook hands and walked off the field without celebrating. Some teams are expected to win and therefore aren't as excited when they do. I don't think its cockiness, its just the way it is.

While I would not begrudge any team the right to celebrate after a hard fought match, the conference seaon is a marathon, not a sprint. One should not get too excited about any single game. The team will likely have one or two more games  that week and two or three the following week. Also, all teams face each opponent twice during the conference season and possibly during the state tournament. Probably not a good idea to have an over-the-top celebration after a victory, only to fire-up your opponent for the next time you play them.

Panama

Quote from: eljefe on April 20, 2011, 11:01:51 am
4/19/11

Cabot and Russellville girls will play today? Who confirmed that?

Sorry, I thought my source had confirmed the rescheduling of the game.  I'm trying to see if the coach will reply to my inquiry about this.  As of now, I don't know when it will be rescheduled.

PressBox-81

VB Conway vs Catholic game for tonight has been cancelled.

23NOgoal

April 20, 2011, 11:29:29 pm #138 Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 11:31:13 pm by 23NOgoal
Quote from: futboliac on April 20, 2011, 11:42:19 am
4/19/11

Don't forget the lose to Searcy. Score was 3-1.

PressBox-81

4/21/11

Conway VB 5 Cabot 3  pks 3-1 (2-2 at the end of regulation)

Conway's keeper blocked two of the pks and the other shot was over the goal

Wet miserable night but made sweeter with a win for Conway.

futboliac

Quote from: WC-soccer dad on April 21, 2011, 08:22:27 pm
4/21/11

Wow. Cody or Hector in goal for shootout?

LRfan

Conway boys seem to be playing much better now than at the beginning of the season. It will be interesting to see how they finish the second half of the conference season. Does anyone who has seen all their games know what the difference is?

There have been so many games decided by kicks, and some upsets. One would think that if the rules had not been changed about tie games going straight to kicks, most of these games would be won by the "favored" team in overtime. So far, it seems that rule change may have a big impact on the conference season outcome.

PressBox-81

Quote from: futboliac on April 21, 2011, 08:44:19 pm
Quote from: WC-soccer dad on April 21, 2011, 08:22:27 pm
4/21/11

Wow. Cody or Hector in goal for shootout?

Cody as Hector took a hard hit and left the game early in the second half.

PressBox-81

Quote from: LRfan on April 21, 2011, 09:11:00 pm
Conway boys seem to be playing much better now than at the beginning of the season. It will be interesting to see how they finish the second half of the conference season. Does anyone who has seen all their games know what the difference is?

There have been so many games decided by kicks, and some upsets. One would think that if the rules had not been changed about tie games going straight to kicks, most of these games would be won by the "favored" team in overtime. So far, it seems that rule change may have a big impact on the conference season outcome.

The first half Conway was still looking for the right mix as well as dealing with nagging injuries.  Everyone seems to be healthy now and chemistry is kicking in.

I think if they had gone to overtime with Cabot tonight they would won as they totally controlled the second half.

futboliac

VB
Central 2 (4) Van Buren 2 (1) Central wins in PKs

By far Central's worst game of the year. More goals allowed than any game this year.  Like many others at least 2 starters (both up top) out. Central scored in the 4th minute and then after an hour and a half rain delay came out flat and unmotivated.
Central made their 4 PKs and the Central keeper stopped 2 of Van Buren's three for their first win in 4 tie/PK shootouts so far this year.

VBSoccer5

Quote from: futboliac on April 21, 2011, 10:00:51 pm
VB

By far Central's worst game of the year. More goals allowed than any game this year.  Like many others at least 2 starters (both up top) out. Central scored in the 4th minute and then after an hour and a half rain delay came out flat and unmotivated.
Central made their 4 PKs and the Central keeper stopped 2 of Van Buren's three for their first win in 4 tie/PK shootouts so far this year.

It was a 30 minute rain delay, not an hour and a half.
Central didn't posses like they usually do, but both teams played until the end. Central just finished their pks and Van Buren didn't.

futboliac

Quote from: VBSoccer5 on April 21, 2011, 10:20:16 pm
Quote from: futboliac on April 21, 2011, 10:00:51 pm
VB

It was a 30 minute rain delay, not an hour and a half.
Central didn't posses like they usually do, but both teams played until the end. Central just finished their pks and Van Buren didn't.

Sorry. An hour and a half game and half time that started at 515 and and should have ended about 645 ended around 8. Seemed nearer an hour and a half. My bad.

soccer33

Varsity Boys Russellville 5 NLR 2
Varsity Girls Russellville 3 NLR 2

CatsBack

LRfan

The great thing about the 7A Conference is that no matter what it looks like on paper, on any given night any team can win. And, as shown in recent years, the team that wins in the regular season may not be the team that wins in the tournament. It makes for an exciting season and post-season.

However, it looks like the Conway boys are improving and Cabot may be going in the opposite direction. With Cabot at 5-4, this Tuesday's game of Cabot against Catholic looks like a must -win for Cabot now. The Mount St. Mary girls look like they are in a similar free-fall and need to turn things around.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas