• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3a score thread

Started by HorseFeathers, November 27, 2017, 08:32:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chickasaw fan

Choke, I will say this. It was hard for batesville to defend the three, But what about the lay ups and put backs by Smith, Douglas, Carr, and Grace Ann. Them 4 ladies played hard and tough in the post where they were a little undersized. Lets give them some credit. Ill tell u like i told Box, it took all 15 girls to win those two games. The subs and the ladies that didnt get in this weekend put in the same work as starters. It takes everyone. I hope they keep it up and bring a state title to Riverside.

1/2 Court press

December 10, 2017, 06:07:35 am #51 Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 06:15:20 am by 1/2 Court press
Quote from: chickasaw fan on December 10, 2017, 03:46:05 am
Box, Ive  read your post for the past two days and i beliveve you need to give all the lady rebels credit .I can tell all you see in a game who is high point. How about Whitney Wagganer she held a D1 signee to zero points and playing with a possible concussion, how about Hailey Carr with her rebounding, what about Briley Douglas with her high energy off the bench, what about Hoffman off the bench?? Roberstson had a good 4th quarter, but it took all 15 players to win that game and the one against neelyville. WAKE UP BUDDY
Quote from: chickasaw fan on December 10, 2017, 04:20:43 am
Choke, I will say this. It was hard for batesville to defend the three, But what about the lay ups and put backs by Smith, Douglas, Carr, and Grace Ann. Them 4 ladies played hard and tough in the post where they were a little undersized. Lets give them some credit. Ill tell u like i told Box, it took all 15 girls to win those two games. The subs and the ladies that didnt get in this weekend put in the same work as starters. It takes everyone. I hope they keep it up and bring a state title to Riverside.
:)

Well said Chickasaw. A lot of players on several different teams are overlooked because the only thing people see are the points that are scored.( so much more that goes on in a game)   To add to the ones you mentioned Sain made the Hustle plays when a ball was loose on the floor. Milligan took several points off the board by taking charges. Waggoner going 100 mph the whole time on defense. It takes the whole team to lock in and do what they have been doing from the seniors all the way to the sophomores on the team.  If they stick with the formula that they have going on now this team could do some big things.

Great job to the Lady Rebels on 2 hard fought wins. It was nice to see all of you Ladies be challenged on the floor and rise to the occasion and pull out the W. 

Head Lion

Riverside girls are firing on all cylinders. The Batesville team they beat last night is a dang good 5A team. If you don't think Spencer Hoffman can teach the game & coach, you really show your lack of knowledge. JMO

Longfellow

Box, Ive  read your post for the past two days and i beliveve you need to give all the lady rebels credit .I can tell all you see in a game who is high point. How about Whitney Wagganer she held a D1 signee to zero points and playing with a possible concussion, how about Hailey Carr with her rebounding, what about Briley Douglas with her high energy off the bench, what about Hoffman off the bench?? Roberstson had a good 4th quarter, but it took all 15 players to win that game and the one against neelyville. WAKE UP BUDDY
The real thing that needs to be addressed is why a girl is playing with a possible concussion. Not only is that dangerous, it's wrong. Even if it's mild, there is still a lot of danger in competing

RedWolf275

I agree. Letting a girl play with a possible concussion is pretty dang stupid!

NEA Razorback olfan

December 10, 2017, 09:52:12 am #55 Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 09:55:45 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Riverside looked solid , they all played extreamly hard, the guards do a great job of pushing the ball and finding open shooters who spot up beyond the arc. The guards are what makes this team go , the shooters wouldn't get so many open shots if the guards didn't Work their tails off and create turnovers or loose balls. 

The chemistry with the players is exceptional
The chemistry with the parents is not, and that's the only thing I see from them getting a state championship

HorseFeathers

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 10, 2017, 09:52:12 am
Riverside looked solid , they all played extreamly hard, the guards do a great job of pushing the ball and finding open shooters who spot up beyond the arc. The guards are what makes this team go , the shooters wouldn't get so many open shots if the guards didn't Work their tails off and create turnovers or loose balls. 

The chemistry with the parents is not, and that's the only thing I see from them getting a state championship

Parents need to learn to stay out of the way....especially when things are going good

RedWolf275

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 10, 2017, 09:52:12 am

Nice observation there NEA about parents!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Riverside is not my school, but I have seen those Riverside girls play since Middle school, and I respect how hard they all worked to get better and compete at a high level.

ChokeNPoke

Quote from: chickasaw fan on December 10, 2017, 04:20:43 am
Never did I single out anyone. Notice I said "compared to Riverside's 10" meaning the 10 players that had minutes. Also not to mention me addressing that they were "outsized"

chickasaw fan

I  spoke with Wagganer's dad. She did not have a concussion. They done a few test on her with following the pencil with eyes and such. She had a knot on the back of head where she banged it against the floor. Good luck to the Lady Rebels. All 15 of them.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: chickasaw fan on December 10, 2017, 10:35:44 am
I  spoke with Wagganer's dad. She did not have a concussion. They done a few test on her with following the pencil with eyes and such. She had a knot on the back of head where she banged it against the floor. Good luck to the Lady Rebels. All 15 of them.
That's good news,!!

General Lee

Dang, a little touchy huh? Box was just giving a quick rundown of the game! Not a play by play recap or box score. The Robertson girl was clearly clutch in that game and that's what he pointed out. I'm sure if your daughter was the one who was clutch he would've said so just as quick! He wasn't slighting any other players by calling her name, it was well deserved! Everyone knows it takes a whole team to accomplish the goal they want to achieve BUT anyone with half a basketball IQ also knows that some players actually are more valuable than others!  Just the facts.  Also, tell me more about this D1 player Batesville had? I wasn't aware of that. And since now we all know it's a team game, did Waggoner guard her all night without coming out of the game since she was the only one who held her to 0?

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 09, 2017, 09:10:10 pm
Enjoyed watching it, congrats to the Lady Rebels,
Just too much fire power from outside , best girls shooting team in this area, should breeze through NEA Tourney!!!
My pick to win 3A State

Is no one running man on them?

NEA Razorback olfan

December 10, 2017, 09:50:38 pm #64 Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 09:53:25 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: General Lee on December 10, 2017, 09:14:10 pm
Dang, a little touchy huh? Box was just giving a quick rundown of the game! Not a play by play recap or box score. The Robertson girl was clearly clutch in that game and that's what he pointed out. I'm sure if your daughter was the one who was clutch he would've said so just as quick! He wasn't slighting any other players by calling her name, it was well deserved! Everyone knows it takes a whole team to accomplish the goal they want to achieve BUT anyone with half a basketball IQ also knows that some players actually are more valuable than others!  Just the facts.  Also, tell me more about this D1 player Batesville had? I wasn't aware of that. And since now we all know it's a team game, did Waggoner guard her all night without coming out of the game since she was the only one who held her to 0

Yep you guessed it , the girl came over and sit by Waggoner on the Riverside bench when The Riverside coach subbed a new five like he normally does

I agree , Robertson was clutch in the 4th Qtr

Hitman Warrior23

I've read your post the last couple of minutes, you must have a kiddo on the team, or relative    either way good luck to your family member this year.  I thought the post was complimentive of Riverside.   But again opinions are different

chickasaw fan

You are correct Hitman. My post are all compliments to all the players. I believe it takes every player to make it happen. I am a guy that likes to give credit to players who do it in the trenches as well as scorers.

BoxNOne

Quote from: chickasaw fan on December 10, 2017, 10:35:44 am

That must have been a pretty one sided conversation lol!

BoxNOne

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on December 10, 2017, 09:55:27 pm
I've read your post the last couple of minutes, you must have a kiddo on the team, or relative    either way good luck to your family member this year.  I thought the post was complimentive of Riverside.   But again opinions are different

Hitman, you are obviously correct in your observations. I figure since you are the parent of an outstanding player, you are aware that a little jealousy can creep in on a good team. By the way, how is your daughter progressing with her injury. Saw her play in state last year and she is a great little player!

NEA Razorback olfan

I would guess
At least 75% on here are parents or relatives of parents on this forum

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: BoxNOne on December 11, 2017, 07:31:16 am
Hitman, you are obviously correct in your observations. I figure since you are the parent of an outstanding player, you are aware that a little jealousy can creep in on a good team. By the way, how is your daughter progressing with her injury. Saw her play in state last year and she is a great little player!

She has really came along very good, will be released by Dr Tucker this Tuesday the 12th he extended her PT by 6 weeks with a more basketball type of protocol due to knowing we weren't in a hurry to get her playing right now. Lamar is 8&2 without her  Sophomore year no need to rush she will be back soon.  Been in the gym more then ever her handle is better then ever her shot is better, just getting her speed back and up is the biggest challenge but she is working on it.   Thanks for the kind words and asking.

Basketballfan13

Hitman what grade is your younger daughter in? I watched her play this summer but I can't remember what grade she is in, I know she was playing up when I watched her.

RedWolf275

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 11, 2017, 08:46:02 am
I would guess
At least 75% on here are parents or relatives of parents on this forum

I am among the 25% then but I do know a couple of parents pretty well.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on December 11, 2017, 09:26:54 am
Hitman what grade is your younger daughter in? I watched her play this summer but I can't remember what grade she is in, I know she was playing up when I watched her.

She is in the 10th grade. Yes she plays open division  for the Arkansas Mavericks yes she hasn't played her age since the 7th grade

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on December 11, 2017, 11:00:57 am
She is in the 10th grade. Yes she plays open division  for the Arkansas Mavericks yes she hasn't played her age since the 7th grade
Do you have another daughter around 6th grade that's really talented?

Hitman Warrior23

December 11, 2017, 07:57:45 pm #75 Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 07:59:33 pm by Hitman Warrior23
Yes my youngest Daughter Kori Sanders is the Naismith #5 2025  player in the country.  Also plays for the #1 ranked team in America Arkansas Mavericks. (she won her 11th National title this summer). Pretty proud dad. Both kiddos are point guards 

Hitman Warrior23

Oh just re-read your post.  Yes my 5th grade younger Daughter when in state playing especially in showcases plays in the Sr High Division. That's where I'm sure you seen her.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on December 11, 2017, 07:57:45 pm
Yes my youngest Daughter Kori Sanders is the Naismith #5 2025  player in the country.  Also plays for the #1 ranked team in America Arkansas Mavericks. (she won her 11th National title this summer). Pretty proud dad. Both kiddos are point guards

Congrats!!!
Very Impressive!!

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on December 11, 2017, 07:57:45 pm
That would definitely be the one I watched. She was about as impressive as they come. Usually when you see someone that dominate at that age they have a physical advantage on kids their age, but if anything she's small for age she just had such superior skill set on everyone that it wasn't comparable. I look forward to seeing her as she gets older.

Hitman Warrior23

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on December 12, 2017, 07:16:25 am
That would definitely be the one I watched. She was about as impressive as they come. Usually when you see someone that dominate at that age they have a physical advantage on kids their age, but if anything she's small for age she just had such superior skill set on everyone that it wasn't comparable. I look forward to seeing her as she gets older.

Thank you very much.  Both kiddos are gym rats.  Again pretty proud.

smallybells

Hitman23, your girls are impressive on the court, the oldest is a straight beast at PG, but I'm trying to get the comments in this thread straight. Your youngest is playing SR high ball at travel team tournaments/showcases? I may have misread? I'm not being hateful at all, just genuinely curious.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: smallybells on December 13, 2017, 07:47:07 pm
Hitman23, your girls are impressive on the court, the oldest is a straight beast at PG, but I'm trying to get the comments in this thread straight. Your youngest is playing SR high ball at travel team tournaments/showcases? I may have misread? I'm not being hateful at all, just genuinely curious.

Yes she has last two years, smaller ones like prove it on the court, and the Dan Olson one in Nw Arkansas. And yes she does more then hold her own.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: smallybells on December 13, 2017, 07:47:07 pm

Oh and thank you very much for the kind words!

smallybells

December 14, 2017, 09:39:36 pm #84 Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 09:45:23 pm by smallybells
I met you at the AAO tournament in NW Arkansas this past spring. Both of your kids are awesome and I think mine is above average as well, we all do, they never got to go head to head in that one. I guess my 2024 and your 2025 are going to see a lot of each other come March-August in 2018. Game on! :-) Medicine balls, drills and shooting until then. Merry Christmas!

Hitman Warrior23

December 14, 2017, 10:39:54 pm #85 Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 10:53:02 pm by Hitman Warrior23
Quote from: smallybells on December 14, 2017, 09:39:36 pm
I met you at the AAO tournament in NW Arkansas this past spring. Both of your kids are awesome and I think mine is above average as well, we all do, they never got to go head to head in that one. I guess my 2024 and your 2025 are going to see a lot of each other come March-August in 2018. Game on! :-) Medicine balls, drills and shooting until then. Merry Christmas!

Who does your kiddo play for? Haven't been in AAO IN 2 years I thought what tourney was it?  Was I coaching the Warriors or was it Mavericks. Either way very easy to be proud of your kiddos when they are workers. Koodos to you, and yes game on love a challenge. That's what summer ball is all about. 

Head Lion

870baller15

Quote from: Head Lion on December 15, 2017, 09:14:37 pm
Manila 57-43 at Rivercrest

Quality win for the lions tonight. Rivercrest just doesn't have the same basketball IQ that Manila has. Once Manila went on a run late in the 2nd half it was over. I'm not one to say things like this but the way Rivercrest played showed terrible class. Some of that has to do with the staff. I feel that allowing your players to act like that is unacceptable.

bootlegger

Quote from: 870baller15 on December 15, 2017, 09:37:08 pm
Quality win for the lions tonight. Rivercrest just doesn't have the same basketball IQ that Manila has. Once Manila went on a run late in the 2nd half it was over. I'm not one to say things like this but the way Rivercrest played showed terrible class. Some of that has to do with the staff. I feel that allowing your players to act like that is unacceptable.
Manila is the only team in our conference that has worse class. 

501Arkansas

Osceola beats trumann at trumann 81 to 61

870baller15

Quote from: bootlegger on December 15, 2017, 09:42:39 pm
Manila is the only team in our conference that has worse class.

I'm not from Manila but after watching this game I have a hard time believing that. Rivercrest appeared classless in their loss

drybones

Valley Springs 53
Marshall 45

501Arkansas

Quote from: 501Arkansas on December 15, 2017, 10:32:27 pm
Osceola beats trumann at trumann 81 to 61
Dante Adams had 26pts, Makai Caruthers had 22 pts and Derrell BrownJr had 16pts

Hitman Warrior23

Lamar girls 61 to 50 over Dover
Lakyn played 1st game back from Acl and Meniscus played 7 minutes.
Came in down 11 to 4 set down playing right at two minutes up 15 to 11 (I think thats accurate). Same story 2nd and 3rd qtr  didn't play the 4th. 

smallybells

Hitman, she plays for the 2023 Lady Rebels out of LR. The tournament was in Springdale last spring, the same weekend they have that Hogeye marathon, I remember that because it was heck getting to the sports complex because all the roads were blocked off. Y'all we're with the Mavs, the Banshees, Wings, and a couple of teams from Oklahoma were there. I think her 6th grade youth association team is rolling into Lamar early January.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: smallybells on December 16, 2017, 11:32:55 am
Hitman, she plays for the 2023 Lady Rebels out of LR. The tournament was in Springdale last spring, the same weekend they have that Hogeye marathon, I remember that because it was heck getting to the sports complex because all the roads were blocked off. Y'all we're with the Mavs, the Banshees, Wings, and a couple of teams from Oklahoma were there. I think her 6th grade youth association team is rolling into Lamar early January.

I remember that.  I remember seeing a fella running barefooted.   Well good luck to you and her.  Love seeing talent no matter the school.

bootlegger

Quote from: 870baller15 on December 15, 2017, 10:37:59 pm
I'm not from Manila but after watching this game I have a hard time believing that. Rivercrest appeared classless in their loss
Then what school do you follow?

870baller15

I try to follow all of the good teams in this area since my alma mater has fallen off. Not a bandwagon fan, I just love good basketball.

bootlegger

Quote from: 870baller15 on December 16, 2017, 07:25:58 pm
I try to follow all of the good teams in this area since my alma mater has fallen off. Not a bandwagon fan, I just love good basketball.
Then that means you probably never seen Manila when they lose to rivercrest!

ISU7

December 17, 2017, 02:05:26 am #99 Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 02:07:27 am by ISU7
Quote from: 870baller15 on December 15, 2017, 09:37:08 pm
The same can be said about Manila IQ in football. It's funny how you get on here trying to down Rcrest basketball, Question for you Mr IQ man and this should be really easy for you. Which school from Mississippi Co. in the 3-3A has won the last State title for this conference.(hint it was in 2011 their colors are Red and Gray} You might be surprise :o. lol ;D ;D
Win one first then you can talk ;D
#Crest win state in all sports.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas